Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns

I think I'll leave money spinners (will probably sell before they get 4/5 level concerns). Reserve players can wait until they reach level 3/4 concerns. I'll renew first team players contracts in teams where my stadium finances can cover wages. For my Shorpe team I'll have to be more considerate on who deserves it!

morale has pretty big effect in performance

then your experiences differ from that of most of the forum.....how have you come to this conclusion ?

Have any of you thought about not renewing the contract until the player reaches level 4?

hmm yes. i dont do this for players i want to keep, multiple concerns can make then leave.

eg bruma i woudl rather just pay the cash for my mega rich club then let him get concerned to level 4 wage and level 2 lack of games then he leaves overnight :(

Mesut Ozil: level 3 of being loaned out.

8 goals' date=' 6 assists, 7MoM from 11 matches, ahead the like of Messi, Xaviesta.[/quote']

He didn't say what kind of effect it had.

Negative or Positive. :P

When player concerns were first in the making SM acknowledged that it would not be good if wage concerns could simply be eliminated by a last minute wage increase.

Whether or not they implemented anything to actually resolve this, I don't know. I would suspect not, but we will have to wait and see.

Regarding multiple high concerns causing players to leave, when concerns were first introduced I was told that this meant cumulative concerns amounting to seven (i.e. a level 3 and 4 concern together) would result in a player requesting a transfer.

This could have changed though as that was going back a while. Seems logical though.

I have a few players that moan that they are out on loan but don't moan that they are not playing so in effect they are moaning that they are getting first team football.

no......they are moaning the are out on loan.

they shouldnt be on loan and should be on permament contacts at this stage in their career.

so in effect they are moaning they are out on loan. no need to try and twist it !

no......they are moaning the are out on loan.

they shouldnt be on loan and should be on permament contacts at this stage in their career.

so in effect they are moaning they are out on loan. no need to try and twist it !

why shouldn't they be out on loan ?

my average 11 is 96, they are rated 89 . They don't even get in my cup team.

And for the record, its permanent.

why shouldn't they be out on loan ?

my average 11 is 96' date=' they are rated 89 . They don't even get in my cup team.

And for the record, its permanent.[/quote']

that is the point exactly. you dont need them at all so why are you keeping them ?

the concerns system is to prevent player hogging.

read through previous posts its been discussed before.

that is the point exactly. you dont need them at all so why are you keeping them ?

You don't see the complexity of things.

The problem is that once you sell good players you can never get them back for money. If you have a team of 95-rated players you will need to replenish it eventually. How can you do that if all players who are rated between 88-92 leave and you can't get them back?

In GCs you need to buy players when they are young and then wait until they can join your team. This can take a very long time. In GC 1 some players that are now getting good have been bought by their managers in 2007. And trading is very difficult because almost everyone is just looking to trade up and not down.

You don't see the complexity of things.

The problem is that once you sell good players you can never get them back for money. If you have a team of 95-rated players you will need to replenish it eventually. How can you do that if all players who are rated between 88-92 leave and you can't get them back?

trade out old players for new younger players?

In GCs you need to buy players when they are young and then wait until they can join your team. This can take a very long time. In GC 1 some players that are now getting good have been bought by their managers in 2007. And trading is very difficult because almost everyone is just looking to trade up and not down.

no i do see the complexity of things. i have just weighed up the problems. if you manage your team properly and give youth games you can keep young players. if you don't then you obviously dont care enough to be able to use them.

or have such a ridiculous squad that you have too many youth.

you need to replenish your squad eventually? have 15 other players.

other teams need good players too. what do you propose they do ?

I propose that everyone buys youngsters and then trades them as people do now. There is a huge talent pool in this game and tons of available players in every setup. Its the same in the real world. Clubs like Chelsea and Barcelona buy 13-year olds and groom them because thats the way it works. Clubs like Udinese or Porto have dozens of players out on loan.

There isn't a single setup in this game where you can't build a good core team in a week if you know football and SM.

The current system is realistic and fine.

I'm a low table club with very limited money so i buy players that i know are going to rise big on purpose to save on wages.. Now that this has come in i just can't cope and i'm going broke.. I have to keep selling players to survive and i simply don't have enough.. I think this is the end for me and the club i was working so hard at promoting :(

I'm a low table club with very limited money so i buy players that i know are going to rise big on purpose to save on wages.. Now that this has come in i just can't cope and i'm going broke.. I have to keep selling players to survive and i simply don't have enough.. I think this is the end for me and the club i was working so hard at promoting :(

Its hard but certainly do-able.

I took a rubbish Bury team from div 4 to div 1 champions in 4 seasons. Only way to survive is to buy and sell lots of risers. And hopefully you get success and then get bigger stadiums. I know people have done this with even worse teams. Just keep trying and you can do it :)

It seems that the RATE of concerns has increased? Can anyone clarify this for me a little, what exactly is the score here?

Concerns are starting to play a far more prominent role within my squads I've noticed...

the concerns system is to prevent player hogging.

read through previous posts its been discussed before.

how does it prevent player hogging? I do not have any concern regarding players complaining about not playing football, only players out on loan. Who i can recall and they stop complaining. Then i can loan them back out.

I propose that everyone buys youngsters and then trades them as people do now. There is a huge talent pool in this game and tons of available players in every setup. Its the same in the real world. Clubs like Chelsea and Barcelona buy 13-year olds and groom them because thats the way it works. Clubs like Udinese or Porto have dozens of players out on loan.

There isn't a single setup in this game where you can't build a good core team in a week if you know football and SM.

The current system is realistic and fine.

This post is like you have read my mind, I can't agree more.

It seems that the RATE of concerns has increased? Can anyone clarify this for me a little' date=' what exactly is the score here?

Concerns are starting to play a far more prominent role within my squads I've noticed...[/quote']

concerns appear to be processed much more rapidly. instead of every 8 games or something, it is now like every 3 or 4 ! not definate numbers but the rate of change is definately increased. welll i think so anyway.

how does it prevent player hogging? I do not have any concern regarding players complaining about not playing football' date=' only players out on loan. Who i can recall and they stop complaining. Then i can loan them back out.[/quote']

read through previous posts.

if you are loaning senior members of the squad out you dont need them and allowing loans without concerns still means people can monopolise setups. read previous posts its clear and pretty obvious anyway