Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

introducing a new 'troublemaker' element to the game:D

player concern: you have a balotelli on your team.

auto subbed off because he couldnt get his shirt on in time for kick off.

how can we complain about player concerns when in reality real managers have to deal with this kind of nonsense ;)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

The lack of opportunity concern should only be affecting low rated players if they are aged over 25, otherwise they should be content to be doing nothing.

The exception is when you have an absolute mountain of players in which case even young players with half decent ratings will start getting annoyed.

In one gameworld I have Nicolas Gaitan who is concerned about opportunities. He is miles down my pecking order, and I definitely think he would make a great buy for someone, so the concern seems valid and worthwhile to me.

Without it I would have continued to build a mountain of decent risers under 25 years of age who were some way off my first team.

In one gameworld I have Nicolas Gaitan.........

thats fine in that case :)

its just for my ridiculously good team the only people with concerns are ardiles and some 74 rated riser :confused:

if it applies to higher rated players as well thats fine tbf :)

i was just curious to why it affected only low rated players, that nobody would want anyway.

but if it affects gaitan thats logical and reasonable :)

Quick question to you guys:

When will this player (Bale :P) get transfer listed because of multiple concerns?

Concerned about his lack of games (Major Concern)

Level 4 (Date: 29 April 2011)

Wants an increase in wages (Concerned)

Level 2 (Date: 29 April 2011)

4+2=6 So I'd expect him to be listed, why isn't he?

Quick question to you guys:

When will this player (Bale :P) get transfer listed because of multiple concerns?

Concerned about his lack of games (Major Concern)

Level 4 (Date: 29 April 2011)

Wants an increase in wages (Concerned)

Level 2 (Date: 29 April 2011)

4+2=6 So I'd expect him to be listed' date=' why isn't he?[/quote']

i think the magic number maybe 7 then ;)

Concerned about being loaned out (Minor Concern)

Level 1 (Date: 11 February 2011)

Funny thing is that I still have Muller on my team and not on loan' date=' can any one help and also tell me how to upload the picture?[/quote']

he was loaned out at some point was he ?

just because he isnt on loan now dosnt mean he can't deveolp a concern. read my post above to tebthereb about loan concerns.

he was loaned out at some point was he ?

just because he isnt on loan now dosnt mean he can't deveolp a concern. read my post above to tebthereb about loan concerns.

Yes, I read itso the loan concerns will be longer to disappear.

But the thing with Muller is that when I last loaned him, it was season 14, and now it's 16(european champ) and it still not gone.

Is it meant to take that long?

2 seasons does seem kind of too long' date=' doesn't it?

Btw can any one tell me how to post in the pic?[/quote']

it hasnt dissappeared for 2 seasons ?

what concern was he on before you recalled him?

surely concerns have even been active for 2 seasons yet in a WC ?

Loan concerns should get reviewed as regularly as any other concern. The difference is just that if you recall a player, they won't automatically drop a level of concern next time concerns are reviewed.

Whether a players loan concern is affected by a review will depend on how long they have been back and possibly (I haven't tested it) how long they were out on loan before you recalled them.

So if a player is due for review on say the 15th May and you recall him on the 10th May, chances are nothing will happen on the 15th May and his concern will only get reviewed when he is next due to be looked at; up to about three months later.

This is precisely to stop people pinging back loanees to their squads at the last second, to get the concern dropped. It also creates the illusion that loan concerns are looked at less often than others.

The concern will go up or down only when the concerns are reviewed, not how long the player has been back or how many games have passed. If that makes sense? So the fact two seasons has passed is neither here nor there, especially in a Euro Championship where there are less games per season and thus many seasons in a short space of time (I assume it is like this in all Euro Championships still).

If the player's concern was last reviewed in February then I would expect it to be looked at again no later than May, so I would leave it a little longer yet before worrying. If it doesn't drop by the end of the month, perhaps end a Bug Ticket.

To be honest, even if the concern doesn't drop soon I would only be bothered myself if it increased. as you recalled him so long ago this shouldn't happen unless you have been loaning him out in the interim period.

it hasnt dissappeared for 2 seasons ?

what concern was he on before you recalled him?

surely concerns have even been active for 2 seasons yet in a WC ?

Aren't European Championships 3 divisions of 8 teams? If so then thats only 2 seasons of 14 games which is probably why he hasn't lost his concern yet.

I have a hypothetical that it would be interesting to get some opinions on.

What is to stop a manager agreeing to sell a player on loan concern 4 to another manager on the understanding that he will be sold back at the same price, or with a small premium, at the end of the season/transfer ban period? Would SM consider this cheating as, in essence, this would be a form of collusion to remove a legitimate concern.

What is to stop a manager agreeing to sell a player on loan concern 4 to another manager on the understanding that he will be sold back at the same price' date=' or with a small premium, at the end of the season/transfer ban period? Would SM consider this cheating as, in essence, this would be a form of collusion to remove a legitimate concern.[/quote']

to prevent this the deal is auto accepted and the best bid wins: one club can't do this all the time without loosing out if the player is even half decent and therefore a player some other people would bid for.

if this happened id just report it as cheating anyway.

that and other activity would spell out the problems right away :)

to prevent this the deal is auto accepted and the best bid wins: one club can't do this all the time without loosing out if the player is even half decent and therefore a player some other people would bid for.

if this happened id just report it as cheating anyway.

that and other activity would spell out the problems right away :)

The deal is only auto accepted when it reaches level 5. I was talking about the situation when the player is still under your control but it is apparent that he will soon ask to leave. Say, for example, Alex Pato or Edin Dzeko being sold for 40 million. That wouldn't look out of place at the time the transfer took place, so technically it wouldn't be cheating. The question still remains: If the purchasing club were then to sell him back to his original club a season later for 43 million would this be cheating? I've seen this happen, pre-concern era and haven't necessarily thought it suspicious. I've done it myself having sold a player, put him on the shortlist and bought him back later when he has become available after I'd had second thoughts about selling him.

It seems perhaps that SM should bring in a block on any player being bought back by his old club to prevent any abuse.

The deal is only auto accepted when it reaches level 5. I was talking about the situation when the player is still under your control but it is apparent that he will soon ask to leave. Say' date=' for example, Alex Pato or Edin Dzeko being sold for 40 million. That wouldn't look out of place at the time the transfer took place, so technically it wouldn't be cheating. The question still remains: If the purchasing club were then to sell him back to his original club a season later for 43 million would this be cheating? I've seen this happen, pre-concern era and haven't necessarily thought it suspicious. I've done it myself having sold a player, put him on the shortlist and bought him back later when he has become available after I'd had second thoughts about selling him.

[b']

It seems perhaps that SM should bring in a block on any player being bought back by his old club to prevent any abuse.[/b]

Personally not a great idea eg; what if you were to sell Wilshere when he was rated 83, thinking that he wouldn't break into the Arsenal first XI, next season he is an integral part of the squad and rises to 89 and looks like continuing to rise into the 90's but your blocked from ever buying him again, it would just lead to extreme player hogging of the lower rated talents, so that you never have to miss out.

What is to stop a manager agreeing to sell a player on loan concern 4 to another manager on the understanding that he will be sold back at the same price' date=' or with a small premium, at the end of the season/transfer ban period? Would SM consider this cheating as, in essence, this would be a form of collusion to remove a legitimate concern.[/quote']

It wouldn't be counted as cheating in my opinion, you would have to have a very good friend to trust them to take the player off you and then sell them back, also the amount of time it would take to get the player back would almost negate any advantage, loan concerns aren't the worst of the concerns, once you bring the player back it halts the concerns, so you wouldn't have to worry about the concern increasing to level 5, and it doesn't help to remove 'lack of playing concerns' so doesn't really have any effect

I think the main problem with this is the fact that your agreement would be with a manager not a club, so if the manager leaves you would have no chance of recovering your player. To me, this rules out trying this sort of thing as the risk is too high. As Aitken mentioned there are safer ways of dealing with concerns.

Aitken has also mentioned the "trust" issue. If you did a deal like this the other manager could start making certain unexpected demands unless you agreed a buyback in great detail originally (timing and values). Even if you had, it might not be possible due to things like changes in chairman value which obviously moves for various reasons from time to time. I doubt SM would help you if you reported someone for renegging on a buyback deal.

As for whether it would be cheating, if you could, I think it would depend on how you do it. If two managers were shifting numbers of players between them each season then there is the argument they are colluding to manipulate the transfer market at which point SM could intervene. Then again, they can intervene on anything they want at the end of the day.

I doubt they would bother if it was the occasional buyback deal here and there. It is also unlikely that other managers would even notice one-offs, and there is no in-game method of even reporting it if they did (they would have to email SM).

Hi Guys,

So how many of you have an A team and a B team? I'd imagine in the quest for trophies and keeping players fit, most of you? I don't know.

I'm understanding that most players want to play in 75% of league games, and that cup games can make up part of this...

What happens if you have players who play only in cup games? For example, I have Sergio Busquets starting every cup game. He can't get into my midfield trio of Essien, Fabregas and Cambiasso for the league. I understand that concerns is to limit player hogging and such - so it might be goodbye Cambiasso...

Where does this leave B-teams though? I don't want to run what is essentially two teams, but I have to to keep players fit. Am I going to be eventually in a position where I need to have loads of 88 rated rated players to play in the cup games? I appreciate it's not very realistic to have two teams like this, and players like Busquets only playing in the cup games. At the same time though Soccermanager opearates on a much more tightly packed schedule than real life (i.e Rooney will play most league and cup games when fit - this couldn't happen in Soccermanager).

I don't have an answer for this. I'm aware that a players concerns are dependent on the players ahead of them in their position - but not to what extent.

I'm not expecting any answers, just thought it was an interesting topic of discussion.

DISCLAIMER:

I imagine this has already been touched upon in one of the previous 74 pages. Searching brought no definitive answer, and I think it's only affecting me now as concerns have changed/been ramped up.

Personally not a great idea eg; what if you were to sell Wilshere when he was rated 83' date=' thinking that he wouldn't break into the Arsenal first XI, next season he is an integral part of the squad and rises to 89 and looks like continuing to rise into the 90's but your blocked from ever buying him again, it would just lead to extreme player hogging of the lower rated talents, so that you never have to miss out.[/quote']

Good point! I suppose a block would be unworkable. So, in principle then, would you have a problem with selling a player to remove concerns and then buying him back?

Good point! I suppose a block would be unworkable. So' date=' in principle then, would you have a problem with selling a player to remove concerns and then buying him back?[/quote']

It's an interesting one Jimmy. I for one don't think it could be seen as cheating unless you did it with several players with the same manager. I think the 3 transfers a season kind of keeps it at bay really.

For me personally, I don't think there's anyone I'd trust enough to do it with! Certainly not for a player I really wanted.

I think the main problem with this is the fact that your agreement would be with a manager not a club' date=' so if the manager leaves you would have no chance of recovering your player. To me, this rules out trying this sort of thing as the risk is too high. As Aitken mentioned there are safer ways of dealing with concerns. That's why I think that it would only work with people you could trust. I would only consider this with about half a dozen people, all long-term managers.

Aitken has also mentioned the "trust" issue. If you did a deal like this the other manager could start making certain unexpected demands unless you agreed a buyback in great detail originally (timing and values). Even if you had, it might not be possible due to things like changes in chairman value which obviously moves for various reasons from time to time. I doubt SM would help you if you reported someone for renegging on a buyback deal. ditto the above

As for whether it would be cheating, if you could, I think it would depend on how you do it. If two managers were shifting numbers of players between them each season then there is the argument they are colluding to manipulate the transfer market at which point SM could intervene. Then again, they can intervene on anything they want at the end of the day. I think this could only be justified on an exceptional basis, e.g. A player like Eden Hazard or Neymar, where they are currently rated too low to get enough games to deal with an elevated concern level but will ultimately rise enough to make the first team.

I doubt they would bother if it was the occasional buyback deal here and there. It is also unlikely that other managers would even notice one-offs, and there is no in-game method of even reporting it if they did (they would have to email SM).So you don't think it would be considered cheating per se?

Cheers for the feedback Teb. I absolutely agree with you and Aitkin that there are better ways to get around concerns - particularly with careful player rotation. However what I'm looking at here is the exceptional circumstance where there might be a player who jumps to level 4 and who would be unsalvageable.

On the one hand it would solve a problem for the selling manager as it would allow a good player to be farmed out without developing loan concerns, safe in the knowledge that when he comes back he will be concern free. The buying manager could also benefit if the player was highly rated enough to get regular playing time.

The crux of the matter would be when it came to the player returning to his former club. Would it be valid for another manager in the setup, or SM for that matter, to cry foul? I tend to agree with you that it would probably be deemed OK if it was only used as an exceptional circumstance.

Be interesting to get some Dev feedback as to whether SM would consider such a circumstance to be a valid attempt to stretch a rule or an exploitation deserving of sanction.