Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

It's an interesting one Jimmy. I for one don't think it could be seen as cheating unless you did it with several players with the same manager. I think the 3 transfers a season kind of keeps it at bay really.

For me personally' date=' I don't think there's anyone I'd trust enough to do it with! Certainly not for a player I really wanted.[/quote']

Cheers for the feedback mate. So far it seems that the consensus is that it wouldn't be considered cheating unless used excessively.

BTW with your Busquets dilemma: I think it'll soon solve itself with Busquets replacing Essien in your midfield judging by the way the latter has been playing.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

to prevent this the deal is auto accepted and the best bid wins: one club can't do this all the time without loosing out if the player is even half decent and therefore a player some other people would bid for.

if this happened id just report it as cheating anyway.

that and other activity would spell out the problems right away :)

So you feel it would constitute outright cheating? Ironic as you're probably the only manager in our setup I'd trust enough to try it:D

Good point! I suppose a block would be unworkable. So' date=' in principle then, would you have a problem with selling a player to remove concerns and then buying him back?[/quote']

I don't think it is cheating but it seems like a really desperate measure to me, there are so many things that could go wrong, Manager renegs, SMFA block your deals, Manager quits and new manager doesn't play ball etc, I personally would never do it, I don't see any benefit in it, but I suppose someone might.

I don't think it is cheating but it seems like a really desperate measure to me' date=' there are so many things that could go wrong, Manager renegs, SMFA block your deals, Manager quits and new manager doesn't play ball etc, I personally would never do it, I don't see any benefit in it, but I suppose someone might.[/quote']

It's true it would have to constitute a desperate measure but if you're likely to lose the player anyway and you were to sell him for somewhere near the top end of his valuation where's the harm? I suppose you answer that with your point about SMFA blocking your deals. If a boomerang deal were to flag you up as a potential cheat then it might adversely affect legitimate transfers.

It's true it would have to constitute a desperate measure but if you're likely to lose the player anyway and you were to sell him for somewhere near the top end of his valuation where's the harm? I suppose you answer that with your point about SMFA blocking your deals. If a boomerang deal were to flag you up as a potential cheat then it might adversely affect legitimate transfers.

Personally I would sell the player to external (at level 4) in the faint hope I would be able to beat off all competition to re-sign the player

According to the report illegal transfers help these all could be an indicator of cheating

Buying a club's best players for low value.

Buying a club's worst players for high value.

Conducting multiple transfers with the same club that are one sided.

Any of the above prior to a manager resigning.

So obviously if you where to send 3 players to one club all for minimum transfer fees it could be construed as cheating. Then buy them back at minimum value, again it could be construed as cheating, would SM see it this way?, would the CPS pick up on these deals?

Personally I would sell the player to external (at level 4) in the faint hope I would be able to beat off all competition to re-sign the playerThat would be an option worth considering. I already do this when I'm up near the maximum squad size and/or need cash with some of my risers. Added advantage is that you can't be accused of collusion.

According to the report illegal transfers help these all could be an indicator of cheating

So obviously if you where to send 3 players to one club all for minimum transfer fees it could be construed as cheating. Then buy them back at minimum value' date=' again it could be construed as cheating, would SM see it this way?, would the CPS pick up on these deals?Definitely think that where another manager was involved it would have to to be full a full value transfer, perhaps reciprocated with a player/s going the other way as either a cash deal or P/E.

At the end of the day though, when concerns really get serious, I can see there being lots of churning of 88-91 rated players going back and forth between teams that have had to sell a player competing to buy a similar replacement on a forced transfer as cover. These 'journeymen' players could find themselves going through a transfer>concern>force sell cycle every couple of seasons!

So you feel it would constitute outright cheating? Ironic as you're probably the only manager in our setup I'd trust enough to try it:D

it depends really.

think of it this way in out setup: i have a brilliant team as you know. fletcher gets concerned and leaves, every other club in the game world wants him. it would be unfair on them all to just give him to you, and then buy him back.

its a really fine line between being cheating and not.

as you know i accept lower bids for you lot /the forumers than randomers.

that could be seen as cheating.......

it is all a fine line, i would definately do it to help somebody out sure :)

but i can see why others would have a problem with it, and if a forumer complained id have to try and be fair to them too...

if nobody else wanted him then you can just buy him back at the end of the TB anyway from an external club: sell him to one of them !

it could be morally wrong and id have to look it at properly on an individual basis.

that said,f i have a player that is concerned id rather sell him than keep him.

i dont mind keeping my setup competitive even if that means i loose players !

its complicated i doubt my reply makes any sense whatsoever to you ;)

it could be morally wrong and id have to look it at properly on an individual basis.

that said' date='f i have a player that is concerned id rather sell him than keep him.

i dont mind keeping my setup competitive even if that means i loose players !

its complicated i doubt my reply makes any sense whatsoever to you ;)[/quote']

No it makes sense, I have the same quandary. It could definitely be seen as morally dubious, particularly if you were to use it to just tie up a player for a longer period and still not play him when you got him back. However, in the examples I cited earlier of Hazard and Neymar, I think it would be valid if by the time you got them back you were willing to play them regularly. In essence, buying time rather than hogging.

Cheers for the feedback mate. So far it seems that the consensus is that it wouldn't be considered cheating unless used excessively.

BTW with your Busquets dilemma: I think it'll soon solve itself with Busquets replacing Essien in your midfield judging by the way the latter has been playing.

Cheers Mate.

Yeah, Busquets is just an example though. My cup team (B team) has an average rating of 92. If this was real life, these players wouldn't want to just play cup games - I appreciate that.

In Soccermanager however I feel I have no choice but to play 2 teams (league and cup). Looking at how these concerns are taking shape I suspect I'll have to drop all of my decent cup team players and bring in low rated ones.

If I could play my A team in two thirds of the cup games (like real life) this wouldn't be a concern to me.

I guess the bottom line is - are players going to be content with just playing cup games? I guess the answer is no.

Cheers Mate.

Yeah' date=' Busquets is just an example though. My cup team (B team) has an average rating of 92. If this was real life, these players wouldn't want to just play cup games - I appreciate that.

In Soccermanager however I feel I have no choice but to play 2 teams (league and cup). Looking at how these concerns are taking shape I suspect I'll have to drop all of my decent cup team players and bring in low rated ones.

If I could play my A team in two thirds of the cup games (like real life) this wouldn't be a concern to me.

I guess the bottom line is - are players going to be content with just playing cup games? I guess the answer is no.[/quote']

i do think the fitness needs to be looked at, in reality players can play in a lot more cup games and league games.

eg:

evra plays in 34 out of 36 league games.

12 extra cup competition games.

so he played aprroximately 50% of cup games possible and 95% of league games.

as you can see, the current SM of 0% cup games and 100% league games is a bit off.

if fitness recovered quicker i would be able to have a first team of good players, 3-5 other 90+ stars or young talented prospects like hernandez or bordering on the first team players and the rest very young players....

fitness needs to be looked at, it is so unrealistic and the stats i just provided show this entirely.

i do think the fitness needs to be looked at' date=' in reality players can play in a lot more cup games and league games.

eg:

evra plays in 34 out of 36 league games.

12 extra cup competition games.

so he played aprroximately 50% of cup games possible and 95% of league games.

as you can see, the current SM of 0% cup games and 100% league games is a bit off.

if fitness recovered quicker i would be able to have a first team of good players, 3-5 other 90+ stars or young talented prospects like hernandez or bordering on the first team players and the rest very young players....

fitness needs to be looked at, it is so unrealistic and the stats i just provided show this entirely.[/quote']

Cheers Rooney.

I didn't really have a big issue with it (other than realism) as my solution was simply to build two teams.

With concerns, as far as I can see, I still need 2 teams but my B team players are not going to be happy. I'll therefore have to continually change them or settle for much lower rated players (88? 89?).

I only have the one club so I'm not sure how this works across the board. Will high rated teams have higher rated B-teams or is it a flat rating for contentment with playing just cup games....

it hasnt dissappeared for 2 seasons ?

what concern was he on before you recalled him?

surely concerns have even been active for 2 seasons yet in a WC ?

Aren't European Championships 3 divisions of 8 teams? If so then thats only 2 seasons of 14 games which is probably why he hasn't lost his concern yet.

28 games(ec) actually 14 games x 2seasons=28 games.

It shouldnt be that long,:confused:

Loan concerns should get reviewed as regularly as any other concern. The difference is just that if you recall a player' date=' they won't automatically drop a level of concern next time concerns are reviewed.

Whether a players loan concern is [i']affected [/i]by a review will depend on how long they have been back and possibly (I haven't tested it) how long they were out on loan before you recalled them.

So if a player is due for review on say the 15th May and you recall him on the 10th May, chances are nothing will happen on the 15th May and his concern will only get reviewed when he is next due to be looked at; up to about three months later.

This is precisely to stop people pinging back loanees to their squads at the last second, to get the concern dropped. It also creates the illusion that loan concerns are looked at less often than others.

The concern will go up or down only when the concerns are reviewed, not how long the player has been back or how many games have passed. If that makes sense? So the fact two seasons has passed is neither here nor there, especially in a Euro Championship where there are less games per season and thus many seasons in a short space of time (I assume it is like this in all Euro Championships still).

If the player's concern was last reviewed in February then I would expect it to be looked at again no later than May, so I would leave it a little longer yet before worrying. If it doesn't drop by the end of the month, perhaps end a Bug Ticket.

To be honest, even if the concern doesn't drop soon I would only be bothered myself if it increased. as you recalled him so long ago this shouldn't happen unless you have been loaning him out in the interim period.

Ok thanks:)

Cheers Rooney.

I didn't really have a big issue with it (other than realism) as my solution was simply to build two teams.

With concerns' date=' as far as I can see, I still need 2 teams but my B team players are not going to be happy. I'll therefore have to continually change them or settle for much lower rated players (88? 89?).

I only have the one club so I'm not sure how this works across the board. Will high rated teams have higher rated B-teams or is it a flat rating for contentment with playing just cup games....[/quote']

higher rated teams have higher rated b teams.

eg a 86 rated player at wolves will want to play pretty much every game. he is the best player and knows his place in the squad is as such.

but 86 rated players for me like albrighton are happy with 7 games a season. or thereabouts.

obviously though, if i have ozil then he will become concerned regardless of if he is the 10th best players, there is a balance between the 2. i think concerns allow for b teams, but not ridiculously good b teams.

your b team would also be under the age of 21 most likely and less than 90 rated other than maybe a few, as they are less concerned about lack of game time as they are young and still deveolping as explained previously.

higher rated teams have higher rated b teams.

eg a 86 rated player at wolves will want to play pretty much every game. he is the best player and knows his place in the squad is as such.

but 86 rated players for me like albrighton are happy with 7 games a season. or thereabouts.

obviously though' date=' if i have ozil then he will become concerned regardless of if he is the 10th best players, there is a balance between the 2. i think concerns allow for b teams, but not ridiculously good b teams.

your b team would also be under the age of 21 most likely and less than 90 rated other than maybe a few, as they are less concerned about lack of game time as they are young and still deveolping as explained previously.[/quote']

Cheers Rooney,

Yeah, this is what I thought. I hope they have a bit of leaway with young players over 21 (say 23). Obviously once you're into your mid twenties you are going to want to play week in week out.

I do think the fitness aspect needs addressing. I can't think of any team that plays youngsters in every single cup game.

When a player's contract runs out and they automatically get offered a new one at the 'normal rate' for their current rating, do the concerns not disappear?

Had Hulk on £45,000 a week, which is what he's demanding, and he still had a concern.

Edit: Same with Mario Fernandes and Coutinho, who were actually earning £2000 a week more than the £18,000 they wanted.

Personally, I think it works great. I've never had a single player above a level 1 concern since this was implemented. Then again, very few of my teams have more than 40 players. I've also had some great bargains with poaching Level 5 players from other clubs.

I can't understand how anyone can let a player reach level 5. If I had such a player, it'd mean he'd never be anywhere near getting a game for me, ergo I would have sold him ages ago.

It's all about good squad management folks. An excellent addition to the game.

Personally' date=' I think it works great. I've never had a single player above a level 1 concern since this was implemented. Then again, very few of my teams have more than 40 players. I've also had some great bargains with poaching Level 5 players from other clubs.

I can't understand how anyone can let a player reach level 5. If I had such a player, it'd mean he'd never be anywhere near getting a game for me, ergo I would have sold him ages ago.

It's all about good squad management folks. An excellent addition to the game.[/quote']

couldnt agree more.

oh and people who let players get to level 5 are idiots to put it simply, try it player hog and refuse to accept the inevitable and instead of selling them for a good price they get ripped off.

couldnt agree more.

oh and people who let players get to level 5 are idiots to put it simply' date=' try it player hog and refuse to accept the inevitable and instead of selling them for a good price they get ripped off.[/quote']

sometimes real life doesnt give u time for sm,thats why those players gets 5 lvl concerns,anyway who logs 1 in week wont have problem,if his squad is organised,or doesnt have army of players like some clubs thats have hundreds of players,why on earth:confused:

28 games(ec) actually 14 games x 2seasons=28 games.

It shouldnt be that long' date=':confused:[/quote']

That's what I said: 2 seasons of 14 games! Last time I looked that adds up to 28.

Why shouldn't it be that long? It's still less than 1 season in a full game world and it has taken me that long (38 games if you're still confused) to get a player down from level 3 concern to level one whilst playing him every game he's fit.

fairly new to SM so be gentle

pablo piatti 21/88 has delevoped concerns about his lack of games

surely no 21 year old and not 1 thats rating is 21st of 24 in my 1st team squad think he should be in the team.

having read this on the 1st post

Youth players do not develop concerns (age 21 and under) unless good enough to play

im still none the wiser

The crux of the matter would be when it came to the player returning to his former club. Would it be valid for another manager in the setup' date=' or SM for that matter, to cry foul? I tend to agree with you that it would probably be deemed OK if it was only used as an exceptional circumstance.

Be interesting to get some Dev feedback as to whether SM would consider such a circumstance to be a valid attempt to stretch a rule or an exploitation deserving of sanction.[/quote']

I doubt a dev will comment but to be honest I think, as has been said, it is not breaking any rules. SM won't really care about the "moral" position just about whether it is two people trying to give one squad an advantage.

What you are suggesting seems to be a kind of mutual arrangement so I doubt there would be an issue, but it is hard to say and would have to be considered on a case by case basis, if you see what I mean?

At the end of the day you are welcome to do elaborately structured deals but it is done at own risk and without SM support so you can't go to them if it goes pear shaped. If it were me I would make sure each deal in its own right was fair and that any buyback option was merely supplementary to the original deal itself.

Even if you do a deal with your best friend that you trust with your life he might quit the game or make a mistake or get punished for something utterly unrelated so for me it is a big risk to do a buyback deal with anyone.

Cheers Mate.

Yeah' date=' Busquets is just an example though. My cup team (B team) has an average rating of 92. If this was real life, these players wouldn't want to just play cup games - I appreciate that.

I guess the bottom line is - are players going to be content with just playing cup games? I guess the answer is no.[/quote']

The answer is definitely no, high rated B teamers won't be happy with just cup games. Perhaps I am stating the obvious; but I think anyone literally limiting their B team to cup games may be missing a trick.

What about the subs bench? If you are making full use of this it should help massively. Obviously you can only use three subs per game and if you have a full "B" XI then this won't entirely solve the problem, but combined with loaning and cup games it should go a long way.

I have some large squads with great "B" teams and I am finding that occasionally I am having to give the odd player a run in the first XI ahead of someone superior. It hasn't noticeably affected the team's performance.

Obviously this risks my first XI getting unhappier over time but this is the risk and this is why concerns are good, because it makes people weigh up who they need rather than who they want.

When a player's contract runs out and they automatically get offered a new one at the 'normal rate' for their current rating' date=' do the concerns not disappear?

Had Hulk on £45,000 a week, which is what he's demanding, and he still had a concern.

Edit: Same with Mario Fernandes and Coutinho, who were actually earning £2000 a week more than the £18,000 they wanted.[/quote']

Based on what you said that just sounds plain wrong to be honest mate so I would report it with a bug ticket. A wage concern should disappear once a new wage is offered.

Let us know what comes of it, please? I would be very curious to know the reason for this not being a bug.

fairly new to SM so be gentle

pablo piatti 21/88 has delevoped concerns about his lack of games

surely no 21 year old and not 1 thats rating is 21st of 24 in my 1st team squad think he should be in the team.

having read this on the 1st post

Youth players do not develop concerns (age 21 and under) unless good enough to play

im still none the wiser

It depends partly on how similar his rating is to the other players in his position. If you have say one or two ahead of him in his position' date=' then he is not going to expect to play every game but he would expect to see [i']some [/i]match time.

I am not sure how much you have played him (if at all) from what you have said but if he is 2/3rd choice in his position you should be able to satisfy him with cup games and the odd appearance from the bench, maybe even the occasional start against weaker sides.

If he is close in rating to the first XI then his age won't really be an issue; as per the Online Help that you quoted if he is "good enough to play" this largely goes out the window.

The answer is definitely no, high rated B teamers won't be happy with just cup games. Perhaps I am stating the obvious; but I think anyone literally limiting their B team to cup games may be missing a trick.

What about the subs bench? If you are making full use of this it should help massively. Obviously you can only use three subs per game and if you have a full "B" XI then this won't entirely solve the problem, but combined with loaning and cup games it should go a long way.

I have some large squads with great "B" teams and I am finding that occasionally I am having to give the odd player a run in the first XI ahead of someone superior. It hasn't noticeably affected the team's performance.

Obviously this risks my first XI getting unhappier over time but this is the risk and this is why concerns are good, because it makes people weigh up who they need rather than who they want.

Thanks Teb.

I do use the subs bench (3 every single game). I thought I'd read on this thread that 15mins/30mins isn't really going to help players compared to playing a full game. Perhaps that's right, or perhaps somebody theorised it rather than knew it.

Here's a hypothetical question. If someone played 15mins of every single game - would they develop concerns? It's obviously less than 75% of games they could play (working on 90mins) but they are playing a key role.

Thanks Teb.

I do use the subs bench (3 every single game). I thought I'd read on this thread that 15mins/30mins isn't really going to help players compared to playing a full game. Perhaps that's right' date=' or perhaps somebody theorised it rather than knew it.

Here's a hypothetical question. If someone played 15mins of every single game - would they develop concerns? It's obviously less than 75% of games they could play (working on 90mins) but they are playing a key role.[/quote']

i think a sub appearance is a sub appearance. time dosnt matter, but it counts for 50% of a normal start.

whether they would deveolp concerns or not depends on the player. if yu sub them on every game and lets assume you get knocked out of the cups straight away.

they would have 19 games. 38/2 = 19.

that would be enough for most players, but some players eg ozil who is not actualy a starter for me i can definately see not being happy with that amount of games. he could be getting 100% at other teams easily.

depends on the age + players rating :)

i thinka sub appearance is a sub appearance. time dosnt matter' date=' but it counts for 50% of a normal start.

whether they would deveolp concerns or not depends on the player. if yu sub them on every game and lets assume you get knocked out of the cups straight away.

they would have 19 games. 38/2 = 19.

that would be enough for most players, but some players eg ozil who is not actualy a starter for me i can definately see not being happy with that amount of games. he could be getting 100% at other teams easily.

depends on the age + players rating :)[/quote']

It's easier than that though, say you have Sneijder ahead of Ozil, you give Sneijder 28 games and Ozil 28 sub apps, that's basically 75% for Sneijder and Ozil has the equivalent of 14 starts then give Ozil the remaining 10 starts gets him up to 24 games, and if you manage to get a few games out of the cups, you should be able to give both of them 75%.