Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

There is no problem. Have a read of the Online Help (per the thread title) and have a look back over some of the posts on this thread. If you're still not clear, come back and let us have some more information, and we can try and help.

Just a quick question. When a Player who with a Loaned Out Concern has his concern reduce from say Level 3 to Level 2, does he automatically develop a Level 1, Lack of Games Concern? I ask because this happened to one of my players in one set up, but he had only played a couple of games since coming back so i'm not sure if he actually hadn't played enough games or if the Lack of Game Concern came about because of the Loan Concern. Thanks in advance.

Just a quick question. When a Player who with a Loaned Out Concern has his concern reduce from say Level 3 to Level 2' date=' does he automatically develop a Level 1, Lack of Games Concern? I ask because this happened to one of my players in one set up, but he had only played a couple of games since coming back so i'm not sure if he actually hadn't played enough games or if the Lack of Game Concern came about because of the Loan Concern. Thanks in advance.[/quote']

I think the escalating loan concern was so that you would bring him back and the lack of game concern was so that you would play him - or sell him. I'm assuming he is of a high enough rating in relation to the rest of your squad to merit some game time and too high/old to be happy at being loaned out. I don't think the two are directly related but obviously the concern totals should be aggregated.

I think the escalating loan concern was so that you would bring him back and the lack of game concern was so that you would play him - or sell him. I'm assuming he is of a high enough rating in relation to the rest of your squad to merit some game time and too high/old to be happy at being loaned out. I don't think the two are directly related but obviously the concern totals should be aggregated.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Quick question: how often is the player concern evaluated and dropped or increased?

I'm after a player who is Level 4 since the 29th of april' date=' and didn't play since..[/quote']

At the moment it seems to be about a month between evaluations.

Guest Raines

I need some help on this matter as I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate some actual help rather than someone saying 'it's your fault for not playing him regularly' which does nothing. I'll try to give as much detail as seems relevant:

I've got Busquets DM/CB, Fabregas CM/AM, Sahin CM and Ramires CM/RM. Ramires has played 18 games out of 35 and he has a level 2 concern about his lack of games. How many games does he actually expect with this competition? Or is it due to their positions? Busquets isn't actually a CM and Ramires has RM as his secondary position. I don't have any other RM players but I have a 91 rated winger.

I need some help on this matter as I don't know what I'm doing wrong' date=' I would appreciate some actual help rather than someone saying 'it's your fault for not playing him regularly' which does nothing. I'll try to give as much detail as seems relevant:

I've got Busquets DM/CB, Fabregas CM/AM, Sahin CM and Ramires CM/RM. Ramires has played 18 games out of 35 and he has a level 2 concern about his lack of games. How many games does he actually expect with this competition? Or is it due to their positions? Busquets isn't actually a CM and Ramires has RM as his secondary position. I don't have any other RM players but I have a 91 rated winger.[/quote']

It's hard to say as SM haven't published a list of player concerns. I suppose someone with some time on their hands could work it out precisely.

I would say that on the basis he is your second best midfielder (from what you have said) he would expect to be playing in between 65-75% of games.

It's based on primary positions i.e the fact he is a midfielder (the second role as a CB is ignored) not a DM. A DM can play at their best at CM in SM.

Not sure what your centre backs are like but you could try playing him there to boost his number of starts.

I need some help on this matter as I don't know what I'm doing wrong' date=' I would appreciate some actual help rather than someone saying 'it's your fault for not playing him regularly' which does nothing. I'll try to give as much detail as seems relevant:

I've got Busquets DM/CB, Fabregas CM/AM, Sahin CM and Ramires CM/RM. Ramires has played 18 games out of 35 and he has a level 2 concern about his lack of games. How many games does he actually expect with this competition? Or is it due to their positions? Busquets isn't actually a CM and Ramires has RM as his secondary position. I don't have any other RM players but I have a 91 rated winger.[/quote']

I'm guessing that SM draw the lines of when to start counting differently than you have here (especially if 18/35 is a level 2 concern).

Like Teb says, no-one really knows how it works for sure (maybe Ramires expects to play 75%, lower rated players 50%, etc. etc.). My guess though is that if you include last seasons stats (as concerns seem certain to roll over) then he's more like 28/73, or whatever.

Really if you want to figure this stuff out you have to look at what % of games Ramires has played since his arrival. I'd assume (could be totally wrong though) that SM would either use a rolling figure of either 1 season's worth of games 38-ish or 100 games, or instead go from every game the player has ever played.

Go back and figure out the %'s for players based on larger figures, play them, and make a note of at what % players concerns drop and you'll start getting answers.

Out of interest, does anyone know if subbed games (either going off or coming on) count as a whole game for concern purposes?

"if a player comes on as a substitute then it will count as half an appearance irrespective of what minute they entered the match"

Taken from: http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=83

Doesnt mention a player being subbed off which I assume counts a whole appearance regardless..

IMy guess though is that if you include last seasons stats (as concerns seem certain to roll over) then he's more like 28/73' date=' or whatever.

i think teb said somewhere concerns do not roll over seasons. read the previous pages but i think that is wrong. ofc i could be wrong, but yh...one of us definately wrong ;)

Really if you want to figure this stuff out you have to look at what % of games Ramires has played since his arrival. I'd assume (could be totally wrong though) that SM would either use a rolling figure of either 1 season's worth of games 38-ish or 100 games, or instead go from every game the player has ever played.

as i said above.

Go back and figure out the %'s for players based on larger figures, play them, and make a note of at what % players concerns drop and you'll start getting answers.

Out of interest, does anyone know if subbed games (either going off or coming on) count as a whole game for concern purposes?

also teb said before a sub is half a game / half a start.

coming off i dont think counts as missing one.

"if a player comes on as a substitute then it will count as half an appearance irrespective of what minute they entered the match"

Doesnt mention a player being subbed off which I assume counts a whole appearance regardless..

Good point, I'd like to know this too :)

all starting players = full appearance

sub players= half appearance

i have a question regarding GK concerns:

how would they work ?

obviously the starting keeper would get concerned, but is the second string keeper just like any other player ?

in reality you can have an 87 on the bench for all season and apart from 4/5 games they are perfectly happy at the big teams.

im wonderign because with casillas and de gea, wondering how much game time i will have to give de gea to stop him getting concerned...

and the fact that it could wekk be different to outfield player concerns so nice to learn something new !

anybody got any info on them, experienced any gk concerns themselves or know i the qouta for games is different etc?

i have a question regarding GK concerns:

how would they work ?

obviously the starting keeper would get concerned' date=' but is the second string keeper just like any other player ?

in reality you can have an 87 on the bench for all season and apart from 4/5 games they are perfectly happy at the big teams.

im wonderign because with casillas and de gea, wondering how much game time i will have to give de gea to stop him getting concerned...

and the fact that it could wekk be different to outfield player concerns so nice to learn something new !

anybody got any info on them, experienced any gk concerns themselves or know i the qouta for games is different etc?[/quote']

I have a situation in one of my setups where I have Diego Lopez (91) and Joe Hart (90) as my first choice keepers and both have had level 2 concerns since mid April. I also had Gomes (90) on a concern but I sold him to an unmanaged club.

Currently I'm rotating the keepers in games and subbing the non-starter at 75 mins. Hopefully I'll be able to prevent both escalating to level 3 but I'll give an update when anything changes.

I have a situation in one of my setups where I have Diego Lopez (91) and Joe Hart (90) as my first choice keepers and both have had level 2 concerns since mid April. I also had Gomes (90) on a concern but I sold him to an unmanaged club.

Currently I'm rotating the keepers in games and subbing the non-starter at 75 mins. Hopefully I'll be able to prevent both escalating to level 3 but I'll give an update when anything changes.

thanks, but yeah looks worrying as both keepers can get concerned... that said how does SM expect us to have back ups?

obviously in real life some keepers get next to 0 apps.

on an individual basis i dont think i have to tell you that hart is the better keeper anyway, so if it comes to it sell lopez.

but yeah be nice to see how quickly they go down. as soon as they go down that will give you a % figure to work on, and luckily with lopez at 91 , hart at 90 this will match my de gea figure roughly !

thanks' date=' but yeah looks worrying as both keepers can get concerned... that said how does SM expect us to have back ups?

obviously in real life some keepers get next to 0 apps.

on an individual basis i dont think i have to tell you that hart is the better keeper anyway, so if it comes to it sell lopez.

[b']but yeah be nice to see how quickly they go down. as soon as they go down that will give you a % figure to work on[/b], and luckily with lopez at 91 , hart at 90 this will match my de gea figure roughly !

You realise this doesn't work at all, since concerns aren't developed or lost dependent on meeting the required number of games, they are reviewed at fixed times, so if you base it on this figure it could be way out eg, your player may want to play 18 games a season, he has played 17 matches (out of 30) when concerns are reviewed so increase's to a 'level 1 concern', now obviously you assume he must want a lot more games so you play him every game for the rest of the season (8 more games), he now has 25 games out of 38, and concerns are reviewed he goes down and you assume that he needs 65% of games when in reality he only needed 1 more game (18 games = 47%). I am fairly certain that SM has done it this way so that nobody can pinpoint the exact number of games required for players, as that would make it to easy.

Give Diego Lopez 24 starts, and sub Hart on at 75 minutes for each of those games game, then give Hart the last 14 starts (give him as many SMFA + Cup starts as possible), with Diego Lopez subbing on at 75 minutes. Should keep both of them happy with Diego Lopez getting 31 games (81%) and Hart getting 26 games (68% + SMFA + Cup games)

Give Diego Lopez 24 starts' date=' and sub Hart on at 75 minutes for each of those games game, then give Hart the last 14 starts (give him as many SMFA + Cup starts as possible), with Diego Lopez subbing on at 75 minutes. Should keep both of them happy with Diego Lopez getting 31 games (81%) and Hart getting 26 games (68% + SMFA + Cup games)[/quote']

Cheers for the input:) Hopefully I can manage the situation along the lines you suggest with league rotation and good cup runs. If either of them escalate I'll ditch Diego Lopez and play Hart all the time. I've got Szczesny waiting in the wings so not too bothered either way:D

Guest Raines

Ok, I am none the wiser. Why would the concern system be based a previous seasons starts? Obviously the concern itself would carry over but the amount of games being based on toal games since being at the club would be a stupid way of doing it.

Busquets DM but can obviously play in a CM position, Ramires CM, is Busquets having any effect on the amount of games Ramires expects?

On another note I have a great example of why this concerns system is flawed: with one of my teams I have Pedro (93) and Hazard (90). I usually play Pedro on the right wing and Hazard on the left. One game Hazard isn't back up to 100% fitness so I play Eriksen instead (now 87) and he scores two goals in one game. So obviously I play him again and he scores another goal, thee goals in two matches. Anyway seven games later Eriksen is still in good form with 7 goals and 5 assists in 9 starts, then Hazard gets a concern about his lack of games. Well obviously I'm going to keep playing Eriksen with the contribution he's making. Basically the system doesn't account for form at all, and is based on the premise that only the highest rated players should be starting games. If this was at all representative of real football how would Hernandez be in the situation he is now?

On another note I have a great example of why this concerns system is flawed: with one of my teams I have Pedro (93) and Hazard (90). I usually play Pedro on the right wing and Hazard on the left. One game Hazard isn't back up to 100% fitness so I play Eriksen instead (now 87) and he scores two goals in one game. So obviously I play him again and he scores another goal' date=' thee goals in two matches. Anyway seven games later Eriksen is still in good form with 7 goals and 5 assists in 9 starts, then Hazard gets a concern about his lack of games. Well obviously I'm going to keep playing Eriksen with the contribution he's making. Basically the system doesn't account for form at all, and is based on the premise that only the highest rated players should be starting games. If this was at all representative of real football how would Hernandez be in the situation he is now?[/quote']

Good point, well made! I agree that concerns would be improved if current form could be taken into account. Unfortunately I don't think the system is sophisticated enough to make it workable. The reality is that it is simply a device to prevent the hogging of highly rated players.

So 2 days ago I sent a player on loan and he got concerned yesterday' date=' so i just want an explation how does this work I can't understand this stuff...[/quote']

Two questions: 1) What is the players age and rating? 2) Had he been loaned out previously?