Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

sorry if it was asked before but there are too many posts to read through

my question is if I buy a player who is concerned (say has level 4) will his concerns go when I sign him or still be level 4?

Guest Raines

my question is if I buy a player who is concerned (say has level 4) will his concerns go when I sign him or still be level 4?

I don't think concerns carry over to a new club.

You realise this doesn't work at all' date=' since concerns aren't developed or lost dependent on meeting the required number of games, they are reviewed at fixed times, so if you base it on this figure it could be way out eg, your player may want to play 18 games a season, he has played 17 matches (out of 30) when concerns are reviewed so increase's to a 'level 1 concern', now obviously you assume he must want a lot more games so you play him every game for the rest of the season (8 more games), he now has 25 games out of 38, and concerns are reviewed he goes down and you assume that he needs 65% of games when in reality he only needed 1 more game (18 games = 47%). I am fairly certain that SM has done it this way so that nobody can pinpoint the exact number of games required for players, as that would make it to easy.[/quote']

i see your point, but no. i dont assume they need a lot more games, it will give a very approximate figure. if de gea is unhappy with his amount of games i will know he will need more.

eg albrighton got unhappy, i have him 3/4 games he is fine. i know they dont want a lot more games. and also if it is reviewed once a month as people are saying why did albrighton go down from level 1 after just a few games?

it isnt regular intervals i think...

anyway it can only help, me and jimmy mack putting numbers together would eventually work and lets face it, its better than nothing. a very approximate indication is all i want.

if you said between 5-13 games a season thats fine. i just want to know if its more like 13 games or 24 games a season.

The slate is wiped clean when you sign a previously concerned player.

I don't think concerns carry over to a new club.

thanks for the help, but is anyone 100% sure of this? I don't want to buy a player and a few time later gets level 5 and goes for cash

i see your point' date=' but no. i dont assume they need a lot more games, it will give a very approximate figure. if de gea is unhappy with his amount of games i will know he will need more.

eg albrighton got unhappy, i have him 3/4 games he is fine. i know they dont want a lot more games. and also if it is reviewed once a month as people are saying why did albrighton go down from level 1 after just a few games?

anyway it can only help, me and jimmy mack putting numbers together would eventually work and lets face it, its better than nothing. a very approximate indication is all i want.

if you said between 5-13 games a season thats fine. i just want to know if its more like 13 games or 24 games a season.[/quote']

If Hart gets his 91 and Lopez keeps his then my guess is they'll both want 75% of games - which is just about do-able if they alternate league starts and get a sub appearance every game + cups.

i have a question regarding GK concerns:

how would they work ?

obviously the starting keeper would get concerned' date=' but is the second string keeper just like any other player ?

in reality you can have an 87 on the bench for all season and apart from 4/5 games they are perfectly happy at the big teams.

im wonderign because with casillas and de gea, wondering how much game time i will have to give de gea to stop him getting concerned...

and the fact that it could wekk be different to outfield player concerns so nice to learn something new !

anybody got any info on them, experienced any gk concerns themselves or know i the qouta for games is different etc?[/quote']

Casillas and de Gea! I have the same lineup, we're going to have some tough decisions down the line... :)

i see your point' date=' but no. i dont assume they need a lot more games, it will give a very approximate figure. if de gea is unhappy with his amount of games i will know he will need more.

eg [b']albrighton got unhappy, i have him 3/4 games he is fine. i know they dont want a lot more games. and also if it is reviewed once a month as people are saying why did albrighton go down from level 1 after just a few games?[/b]

if you said between 5-13 games a season thats fine. i just want to know if its more like 13 games or 24 games a season.

Did you give him 3/4 games in a row, or did you space it out, like 1 game on 1 game off, either way 3/4 games is 2 weeks (so if you didn't play him straight away after receiving a concern could make a month), and if you gave him alternating games then it's likely to take a month to give him 4 games, thus he went down.

Teb has already stated that concerns are reviewed at regular intervals, he isn't currently sure of the pace of concerns due to SM tinkering with the system, but stated it was probably somewhere between 1 month - 2 and a half months between reviews

Edit: In my Arsenal EC 514 team I have 10 concerns, all of which are 'Loaned out concerns' all concerns were last reviewed on the 29th March and 1st April (All reviewed within a 4 day period) concerns haven't yet been reviewed for this squad since that date, which now means it's been almost 2 months, I will be expecting a review within the next few days

Did you give him 3/4 games in a row' date=' or did you space it out, like 1 game on 1 game off, either way 3/4 games is 2 weeks (so if you didn't play him straight away after receiving a concern could make a month), and if you gave him alternating games then it's likely to take a month to give him 4 games, thus he went down.

Teb has already stated that concerns are reviewed at regular intervals, he isn't currently sure of the pace of concerns due to SM tinkering with the system, but stated it was probably somewhere between 1 month - 2 and a half months between reviews[/quote']

i played him as a sub once maybe twice and 3/4 starts. thats 5/6 games.

call it 6. 2 games a week = 3 weeks.

so it seems that it got reviewed then :)

Teb has already stated that concerns are reviewed at regular intervals' date=' he isn't currently sure of the pace of concerns due to SM tinkering with the system, but stated it was probably somewhere between 1 month - 2 and a half months between reviews

Edit: In my Arsenal EC 514 team I have 10 concerns, all of which are 'Loaned out concerns' all concerns were last reviewed on the 29th March and 1st April (All reviewed within a 4 day period) concerns haven't yet been reviewed for this squad since that date, which now means it's been almost 2 months, I will be expecting a review within the next few days[/quote']

I have 14 teams and my experience in about half of these is that concern reviews are currently taking place at about 1 month intervals. I haven't had the time to do a forensic analysis but my gut feeling is that the initial period for a concern to develop is longer, ie a full season to reach level 1, and then the concerns escalate after 2 months to level 2, then 1 month between 'major concerns' at levels 3, 4 and 5.

There may of course be different periods between types of concern and also the individual ages and ratings of the players in relation to the squad average or competition for individual positions.

I have 14 teams and my experience in about half of these is that concern reviews are currently taking place at about 1 month intervals. I haven't had the time to do a forensic analysis but my gut feeling is that the initial period for a concern to develop is longer' date=' ie a full season to reach level 1, and then the concerns escalate after 2 months to level 2, then 1 month between 'major concerns' at levels 3, 4 and 5.

There may of course be different periods between types of concern and also the individual ages and ratings of the players in relation to the squad average or competition for individual positions.[/quote']

In my Bradford City squad I have Arturo Vidal with 'lack of game time concerns', he increased from Lvl 1 to Lvl 2 on the 18th March 2011, he then increased from Lvl 2 to Lvl 3 on the 24th May, basically 2 months between the reviews, as I stated before similar for my Arsenal squad.

In my Bradford City squad I have Arturo Vidal with 'lack of game time concerns'' date=' he increased from Lvl 1 to Lvl 2 on the 18th March 2011, he then increased from Lvl 2 to Lvl 3 on the 24th May, basically 2 months between the reviews, as I stated before similar for my Arsenal squad.[/quote']

Interesting. I think there may be differentials between types of gameworld. Are both the setups you cite EC's? My EC concerns seem to be assessed at a different rate than my WC's from what I can see.

Interesting. I think there may be differentials between types of gameworld. Are both the setups you cite EC's? My EC concerns seem to be assessed at a different rate than my WC's from what I can see.

Yeah both are English Championships, I haven't really been too involved with World Championships, I have a Real Madrid team in a World Championship but that's about it.

Yeah both are English Championships' date=' I haven't really been too involved with World Championships, I have a Real Madrid team in a World Championship but that's about it.[/quote']

Also, I don't seem to be having a real problem with 'lack of playing time' concerns (only wage increase concerns which are easily resolvable) in my 4 GC's. Anyone else in GC's noticed this?

Guest Raines

Ok, another flaw in this system:

Muller 91 AM/Wing 21 appearances, no concerns

Pjanic 90 AM/Wing 20 appearances, level 2 concern due to lack of games,

Why? Probably because Muller has more league matches than Pjanic. Why should that matter? The shield and cup can be just as important as the league if you're actually trying to win. Or maybe it is due to the fact that Pjanic has come on as a sub in most of his league games. This is also a flaw as it's still game time whether it's a sub appearance or starting appearance shouldn't really make a difference.

Ok' date=' another flaw in this system:

Why? Probably because Muller has more league matches than Pjanic. Why should that matter? The shield and cup can be just as important as the league if you're actually trying to win.[/quote']

System is messed up, btw who suggested this idea of concerns? It sounds good but there is a bit of an over kill with concerns.

Yeh I find the likes of pjanic, khedira and co first to get concerns.

Guest Raines

System is messed up' date=' btw who suggested this idea of concerns? It sounds good but there is a bit of an over kill with concerns.

Yeh I find the likes of pjanic, khedira and co first to get concerns.[/quote']

I'm trying to make as many 'contructive' criticisms as I can of this system. I think I have made two very valid points so far. Maybe SM will actually take notice for five minutes.

Or maybe it is due to the fact that Pjanic has come on as a sub in most of his league games. This is also a flaw as it's still game time whether it's a sub appearance or starting appearance shouldn't really make a difference.[/quote']

Sub appearances only count as half an appearance - maybe thats why?

Why? Probably because Muller has more league matches than Pjanic. Why should that matter? The shield and cup can be just as important as the league if you're actually trying to win. Or maybe it is due to the fact that Pjanic has come on as a sub in most of his league games. This is also a flaw as it's still game time whether it's a sub appearance or starting appearance shouldn't really make a difference.[/quote']

I'm trying to make as many 'contructive' criticisms as I can of this system. I think I have made two very valid points so far. Maybe SM will actually take notice for five minutes.

if you could read this thread properly you would find out your first point is nonsense.

also in real life players want to start games, they arent happy as subs.

it would also be pretty funny if i had evra and cole, and all i had to do was sub evra on 20 times a season for 15 minutes at a time. that wouldnt keep anybody happy so SM are quite right to use subs as half a starting appearance.

otherwise we could all player hog.

if you want SM to take notice of what you say, you can't make your opening point pure nonsense. if i was them id discard your thoughts straight away as you clearly dont understand how the system works.