Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

How do SMFA competiton's as a non gold member work towards players appearances?

They count as an appearance, though you have no choice as to who gets picked, but usually your best players get picked so could be helpful for keeping concerns at bay.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Guest Raines

if you could read this thread properly you would find out your first point is nonsense.

also in real life players want to start games' date=' they arent happy as subs.

it would also be pretty funny if i had evra and cole, and all i had to do was sub evra on 20 times a season for 15 minutes at a time. that wouldnt keep anybody happy so SM are quite right to use subs as half a starting appearance.

otherwise we could all player hog.

if you want SM to take notice of what you say, you can't make your opening point pure nonsense. if i was them id discard your thoughts straight away as you clearly dont understand how the system works.[/quote']

Go on then, enlighten me as I don't get this system and you do. Funny how you can't say anything positive about my good point about form but you jump on with the negatives after my second post. Yes, I'll go read through 80+ pages of this thread later :rolleyes:

You and others want constructive criticism about this system, how about you say something constructive instead of being a jerk then?

I would like to see you explain that if cup and shield games count the same as a league appearances how the difference between no concern and a level 2 concern is 3.5 games.

Go on then' date=' enlighten me as I don't get this system and you do. Funny how you can't say anything positive about my good point about form but you jump on with the negatives after my second post. Yes, I'll go read through 80+ pages of this thread later :rolleyes:

You and others want constructive criticism about this system, how about you say something constructive instead of being a jerk then?

I would like to see you explain that if cup and shield games count the same as a league appearances how the difference between no concern and a level 2 concern is 3.5 games.[/quote']

why should i enlighten you?

unless you want me to repeat what others have said.

i can say anyting positive about your post because there wasnt anything positive.

find me something remotely positive from your post please :)

as for constructive critisism i have posted more replies helping people than you have.

who have you helped?

your the jerk posting nonsense and not helping anybody.

i could attempt to learn the facts about your players and think of a solution, but id rather just laugh at how angry you are getting :)

btw take a look at the past 5 or so pages of this thread and tel me who helps people more me or you. (i also pm'ed certain members for more detailed help.)

people like you keep asking the same questions and are too lazy to read back through the thread. if you think its too much, its your loss. not going to repeat myself for you.

Can I just ask you guys for some advice..

I'm Manchester United in WC10000 and Antonio Valencia has just moved from level 0 to level 3 in the space of a week or so. During this period of rises there we have only played 1 match due to delayed fixtures. Is this normal as it seems very, very fast to me? I've never had a player increase at that rate before now.

Could he move to level 5 in the next couple of weeks?

I've managed concerns with my clubs fairly well and thought I had a decent enough understanding of them but I'm very confused about this Antonio Valencia situation.

Can I just ask you guys for some advice..

I'm Manchester United in WC10000 and Antonio Valencia has just moved from level 0 to level 3 in the space of a week or so. During this period of rises there we have only played 1 match due to delayed fixtures. Is this normal as it seems very' date=' very fast to me? I've never had a player increase at that rate before now.

Could he move to level 5 in the next couple of weeks?

I've managed concerns with my clubs fairly well and thought I had a decent enough understanding of them but I'm very confused about this Antonio Valencia situation.[/quote']

id send a support bug ticket in. if the circumstances are as you described, there is no way that would not be a bug.

this is a lack of game time right ? anyway, no concern should skip levels. they are progressive.

eg 1-2-3-4-5 not 1,2,3,5.

id send a support bug ticket in. if the circumstances are as you described' date=' there is no way that would not be a bug.

this is a lack of game time right ? anyway, no concern should skip levels. they are progressive.

eg 1-2-3-4-5 not 1,2,3,5.[/quote']

Yes its for lack of games. Levels haven't been skipped but they,ve incrementally increased from level 0 to level 3 starting from 19th May. Three levels in 8 days :confused:

Yes its for lack of games. Levels haven't been skipped but they' date='ve incrementally increased from level 0 to level 3 starting from 19th May. Three levels in 8 days :confused:[/quote']

hmm, my first insticts say its a bug. its very bizarre. send a support ticket if you know how too.

Yes its for lack of games. Levels haven't been skipped but they' date='ve incrementally increased from level 0 to level 3 starting from 19th May. Three levels in 8 days :confused:[/quote']

I'm sure that's happened on some of my teams as well.. can't check though as I deleted the messages :rolleyes:

Guest Raines

why should i enlighten you?

unless you want me to repeat what others have said.

i can say anyting positive about your post because there wasnt anything positive.

find me something remotely positive from your post please :)

I'm not trying to be positive.

as for constructive critisism i have posted more replies helping people than you have.

who have you helped?

your the jerk posting nonsense and not helping anybody.

i could attempt to learn the facts about your players and think of a solution' date=' but id rather just laugh at how angry you are getting :)

lol ok. If you think I'm angry then you clearly don't know me at all. I am not trying to help anyway. I am making criticisms of the system. This is not a help thread and if I don't directly help people then what is the problem?

btw take a look at the past 5 or so pages of this thread and tel me who helps people more me or you. (i also pm'ed certain members for more detailed help.)

people like you keep asking the same questions and are too lazy to read back through the thread. if you think its too much, its your loss. not going to repeat myself for you.

I have looked at the help from the first page and it doesn't apply to my situation. They are just general points about the system.

My comments in red.

Also, me posting nonsense? Yeah, my point about sub apperances isn't the greatest ever but you can't say my point that the concerns system doesn't take into account a players form is nonsense.

I have a question ' date=' lets say I have mata with a level 2 concer about lack of games .... so what if I loan him out and hope that he gets regular starts will this decrease the concern ?[/quote']

No, because he is rated 91 you will quickly get a loan out concern to add to your level two lack of games concern. This will make things worse so the only solution is to play him or sell him.

No' date=' because he is rated 91 you will quickly get a loan out concern to add to your level two lack of games concern. This will make things worse so the only solution is to play him or sell him.[/quote']

man this is really frustrating , i have been managing a barcelona team every since i logged into soccer manager this quite sometime back like 3 or 4 yrs ago i right now have a sm reputation of about 205 and now its all becoming boring, chiellini is injured and now has concerns about lack of games and then there are other players who wont even make it my 2nd squad with concerns this is not fair in real life you could just loan them out how can they get concerns for being loaned out ???

man this is really frustrating ' date=' i have been managing a barcelona team every since i logged into soccer manager this quite sometime back like 3 or 4 yrs ago i right now have a sm reputation of about 205 and now its all becoming boring, chiellini is injured and now has concerns about lack of games and then there are other players who wont even make it my 2nd squad with concerns this is not fair in real life you could just loan them out how can they get concerns for being loaned out ???[/quote']

I think you make the point when you say there are players "who wont even make it my 2nd squad with concerns". In real life those players would be knocking on the managers door saying they wanted to leave. Any player who is worth their salt wants to be part of a team and playing regular football - not a permanent loanee.

these players concerns has got out of hand now

i have jovetic move to level 3 so i play him in the next 9 games during which he goes to level 4

gets injured and a week later goes level 5

and hands in a request

all this in a matter of a month

what it the point of the levels

cause i have guys reaching level 3 and its seems however much game time you give them you cannot save them from rising

any opinions please

these players concerns has got out of hand now

i have jovetic move to level 3 so i play him in the next 9 games during which he goes to level 4

gets injured and a week later goes level 5

and hands in a request

all this in a matter of a month

what it the point of the levels

cause i have guys reaching level 3 and its seems however much game time you give them you cannot save them from rising

any opinions please

Once you get a player with level 3 concerns you basically have to play them every game and hope that they don't get injured - or let them go.

Once you get a player with level 3 concerns you basically have to play them every game and hope that they don't get injured - or let them go.

so it seems

it all seems a complete farce to me

these concerns have been pretty VAGUE front the start

so the guys i scouted and i have paid for 8/9 seasons and waited to rise

loaned out to other teams to help them out have been around 3 years wasted

this i/e jovetic is not the only case

No' date=' because he is rated 91 you will quickly get a loan out concern to add to your level two lack of games concern. This will make things worse so the only solution is to play him or sell him.[/quote']

Mmm, not sure I agree with this. For every decrease in the lack of game concern, there would be an increase in the loan concern.

A loan concern would be added to the game concern if club taking him on loan don't play him.

so it seems

it all seems a complete farce to me

these concerns have been pretty VAGUE front the start

so the guys i scouted and i have paid for 8/9 seasons and waited to rise

loaned out to other teams to help them out have been around 3 years wasted

this i/e jovetic is not the only case

I don't understand why this situation is a farce.

If you have a player who has come through the ranks having been on loan etc, and then you stop loaning him out and he sits in your reserves having got a decent rating, surely it is to be expected that he will build up a concern about not playing?

You could have loaned him out again if he was not good enough to start many games for you. Or you could have rotated him and given him cup games to keep him happy. Leaving it until a Level 3 concern kicks in is a risk.

As the concerns are cumulative (i.e. whether they go up or down is based on how many games played in the season, not since the last review) it is definitely possible to save players at most levels of concern, but it just gets harder the later it is left.

Not entirely true, if the club that loaned him in managed to get him to an acceptable amount of games before concerns were processed he would decrease his 'lack of playing time concern', but also gain a 'loaned out concern', then if by the next review he had continued to play the required number of games he could totally loss his 'lack of playing time concern' but would be left with a level 2 'loaned out concern' which I personally feel is preferable to 'lack of playing time concern'

I'm guessing there is sme sort of bug with the player concerns at the moment?

Some of my player have increased their concerns by 3 levels in the last week.

This is particularly concerning as a bug in the gameworld meant my games this week were cancelled - that means i have players who were level 1 concerned about not playing enough games who have now moved to level 3 before the club has even played a game.

I'm gonna be quite annoyed if SM don't sort it...

Mmm' date=' not sure I agree with this. For every decrease in the lack of game concern, there would be an increase in the loan concern.

A loan concern would be added to the game concern if club taking him on loan don't play him.

[/quote']

Basically what I said:confused:

Not entirely true' date=' if the club that loaned him in managed to get him to an acceptable amount of games before concerns were processed he would decrease his 'lack of playing time concern', but also gain a 'loaned out concern', then if by the next review he had continued to play the required number of games he could totally loss his 'lack of playing time concern' but would be left with a level 2 'loaned out concern' which I personally feel is preferable to 'lack of playing time concern'[/quote']

That is assuming that 'lack of games' concerns continued to reduce while a player is loaned out with 'loaned out' concern. Do you know this for sure?

Seems logical that if a player is unhappy at being loaned out his concerns about not playing (for his home club) mightn't go away.

That is assuming that 'lack of games' concerns continued to reduce while a player is loaned out with 'loaned out' concern. Do you know this for sure?

Seems logical that if a player is unhappy at being loaned out his concerns about not playing (for his home club) mightn't go away.

Nah they do go away, I had Muller on level 1 'lack of playing concern' so decided to loan him out, the other team played him and his 'lack of games' concern disappeared, the next review he gained a 'loaned out concern'

Nah they do go away' date=' I had Muller on level 1 'lack of playing concern' so decided to loan him out, the other team played him and his 'lack of games' concern disappeared, the next review he gained a 'loaned out concern'[/quote']

Good to know:)

Some light at the end of the tunnel! Just heard back from a friend of mine who put in a complaint about a player going from level 1 to 4 within 3 weeks while the player concerned is serving a 3 match ban and he doesn't have a game for 10 days.

SM have agreed to reduce the concerns from 4 to 2! Seems like some acknowledgement from the powers that be that the system has flaws.

Some light at the end of the tunnel! Just heard back from a friend of mine who put in a complaint about a player going from level 1 to 4 within 3 weeks while the player concerned is serving a 3 match ban and he doesn't have a game for 10 days.

SM have agreed to reduce the concerns from 4 to 2! Seems like some acknowledgement from the powers that be that the system has flaws.

Still ridiculous he's raised during a bann :rolleyes: