Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Still ridiculous he's raised during a bann :rolleyes:

it is ridiculous, but it isnt a concern of the player concerns system. its a bug. it wasnt working as it should.

if you got a display bug in the squad page it isnt a flaw in the user layout, it is just a one off problem.

Some light at the end of the tunnel! Just heard back from a friend of mine who put in a complaint about a player going from level 1 to 4 within 3 weeks while the player concerned is serving a 3 match ban and he doesn't have a game for 10 days.

SM have agreed to reduce the concerns from 4 to 2! Seems like some acknowledgement from the powers that be that the system has flaws.

Comparing that situation to this:

Gareth Bale, 4 games in a 35 games season, where he is the 4th best midfielder in the team

Concerned about his lack of games (Major Concern)

Level 4 (Date: 29 April 2011)

Wants an increase in wages (Concerned)

Level 2 (Date: 29 April 2011

Still not transferlisted since being level 4 for a month, and not a single appearance since then..

Strange situations :rolleyes:

Uh oh! Got Walcott on a level 2 not playing concern who just got a 6 week injury - 3 of those weeks are the rest of the season but I guess his concern will rise soon :/

I think injuries should pause concerns considering they are a random element in the game and in real life a player wouldnt worry about not playing due to injury. Ramsey, Eduardo, Diaby etc didnt wory about not playing with their long term injuries! Van Persie misses half the season every year in real life but seems happy enough!

Uh oh! Got Walcott on a level 2 not playing concern who just got a 6 week injury - 3 of those weeks are the rest of the season but I guess his concern will rise soon :/

I think injuries should pause concerns considering they are a random element in the game and in real life a player wouldnt worry about not playing due to injury. Ramsey' date=' Eduardo, Diaby etc didnt wory about not playing with their long term injuries! Van Persie misses half the season every year in real life but seems happy enough![/quote']

I agree that the rolling average definitely distorts a managers ability to get enough games in when a player is subsequently injured. Can't see what harm it would do to suspend concern escalation during injuries.

I agree that the rolling average definitely distorts a managers ability to get enough games in when a player is subsequently injured. Can't see what harm it would do to suspend concern escalation during injuries.

i do agree with this, seems very harsh for this to happen i have to say,

I wonder if anybody could clear something up for me? In the help section under 'player concerns... SMFA competitions' it says "Player concerns are not affected by SMFA competitions within Standard Game Worlds and Custom Game Worlds."

But then I found this in this thread:

If I am not a gold member does the SMFA Champions Cup count towards player appearances?

To which tebthereb replied:

Regarding SMFA appearances' date=' yes these will count but only in a positive way. One of the devs was commenting on this earlier; here is his post:[/quote']

And here's what SM Dev John said

Few points from this thread...

SMFA games won't effect player concerns in a negative way and can only help players stay happy. Players expect to play a certain % of league games and so any extra games (SMFA' date=' Cup, Shield etc) add to this total.

For example, if a player expected to play 28 out of a total of 38 league games, this 28 games could be made up of 20 league games, 4 SMFA games and 4 Cup/Shield games. Therefore the more competitions you are in the more your squad is likely to stay happy and Cup/Shield/SMFA games all count and help towards keeping players happy.

If a player expected to play 2 out of a total of 38 league games then playing him in 1 Cup and as a sub twice in Shield games will satisfy him.

There is no negative side, regarding concerns, with SMFA cup games. Every game a player plays in one of these matches is a bonus to his number of expected games.

[/quote']

So the info on this thread seems to be contradicting the help section (or maybe I'm reading it wrong!).

My question is, do SMFA competions count towards appearances in standard game worlds ? If so why does it say in the help section that player concerns are not affected by SMFA competitions within Standard Game Worlds and Custom Game Worlds?

I wonder if anybody could clear something up for me? In the help section under 'player concerns... SMFA competitions' it says "Player concerns are not affected by SMFA competitions within Standard Game Worlds and Custom Game Worlds."

But then I found this in this thread:

To which tebthereb replied:

And here's what SM Dev John said

So the info on this thread seems to be contradicting the help section (or maybe I'm reading it wrong!).

My question is' date=' do SMFA competions count towards appearances in [b']standard game worlds[/b] ? If so why does it say in the help section that player concerns are not affected by SMFA competitions within Standard Game Worlds and Custom Game Worlds?

Maybe they should change it to say 'Player concerns are not adversely affected by SMFA competitions'

My question is' date=' do SMFA competions count towards appearances in [b']standard game worlds[/b] ? If so why does it say in the help section that player concerns are not affected by SMFA competitions within Standard Game Worlds and Custom Game Worlds?

I think they are because I've seen my keepers have more appearances than there are league matches so I presume all cup matches are taken into account.

Perhaps that message is a mistake or if it isn't then they should be taken into account.

Sorry if this has been discussed

In one of my gameworld, Fabregas, Chicharito and Srna got level 5 concerns for wanting an improved wage and handed in transfer requests (They were at other clubs)

I put a bid in for both of them, as did other managers. A few days later it isnt accepted, so I check and there concerns have gone as both were given new contracts.

Surely if they handed in a transfer request, it should be reversed by giving a contract? Maybe its a glitch SM havent realised about?

In one of my gameworld' date=' Fabregas, Chicharito and Srna got level 5 concerns for wanting an improved wage and handed in transfer requests (They were at other clubs)

I put a bid in for both of them, as did other managers. A few days later it isnt accepted, so I check and there concerns have gone as both were given new contracts.

Surely if they handed in a transfer request, it should be reversed by giving a contract? Maybe its a glitch SM havent realised about?[/quote']

Sounds like this shouldnt happen (from the first page):

* If a player gets to a Level 5 concern or has multiple high concerns then they will request a transfer and be placed on the transfer list for the Chairman’s asking price;

* You cannot turn down a transfer request or do anything to change the players mind at this stage;

Did the season end and they automatically sign new contracts or does it appear the manager jsut gave them new contracts?

In one of my gameworld' date=' Fabregas, Chicharito and Srna got level 5 concerns for wanting an improved wage and handed in transfer requests (They were at other clubs)

Surely if they handed in a transfer request, it should be reversed by giving a contract? Maybe its a glitch SM havent realised about?[/quote']

Yeah, I think that was an example of the glitch that is leading to accelerated concerns at the moment (see my post of a few days ago). Similar thing happened in GC8: Both Ibrahimovic and Tasci were posted on the news feed as having requested transfers (Level 5 lack of games). Loads of people put in bids and today they were all rejected and the player is now back down to level 3!

I think the level 5 must have been knocked back as it was caused by a glitch. Bloody annoying though.

Sounds like this shouldnt happen (from the first page):

* If a player gets to a Level 5 concern or has multiple high concerns then they will request a transfer and be placed on the transfer list for the Chairman’s asking price;

* You cannot turn down a transfer request or do anything to change the players mind at this stage;

Did the season end and they automatically sign new contracts or does it appear the manager jsut gave them new contracts?

nope, mid-way throught the season.

They concern has completely gone, they only have concerns for lack of games (Level 2) but nothing about wages now.

There name is still on the feeder saying the player has fell out with the manager and handed in a transfer request.

nope' date=' mid-way throught the season.

They concern has completely gone, they only have concerns for lack of games (Level 2) but nothing about wages now.

There name is still on the feeder saying the player has fell out with the manager and handed in a transfer request.[/quote']

Maybe its like someone said in the thread - a glitch caused concerns to erroneously rise a couple of levels and SM reversed it and the manager gave them new contracts in a panic.. I'm taking a guess anyway - I'm not an expert in these matters!

Maybe its like someone said in the thread - a glitch caused concerns to erroneously rise a couple of levels and SM reversed it and the manager gave them new contracts in a panic.. I'm taking a guess anyway - I'm not an expert in these matters!

Sounds like a pretty good guess to me:)

Hazard 90-91 = Concern:(

You are right. Hazard reached level 2 concern for me a few days ago. Concerns really hinder our chances of ever getting to see players we spotted as potential talents for the future and bidded hard for or even bought cheap if you have a small club reach a high rating from the low rating we bought them at which is an important part of this game. SM have introduced concerns which increase quickly but are really hard to get rid of and by adding this feature they have ruined a part of the game. I mean come on SM do you expect me to play Hazard over someone like Fletcher? I mean Hazard is the better prospect but at this stage of course im going to opt for Fletcher cause of his higher rating. At the same time I dont want to sell my prospects cause they are for the future or even subs, Hazard is a sub but it seems I cant keep him now. Is there any point talking about long term for my squad? Let me see now, does someone like Jonny Evans hand in a transfer request at Utd cause he doesnt mainly play every game? No. He knows his place. Hazard was part of my cup games squad and I won the Shield with him in my team, so surely this should make him not concerned winning an honour like that? SM should implement that.

Concerns will really kick in over the next month or so now. Ive seen Maarten STEKELENBURG and Danijel PRANJIC request transfers in one of my 2 set-ups today but neither would improve my team alas!

You are right. Hazard reached level 2 concern for me a few days ago. Concerns really hinder our chances of ever getting to see players we spotted as potential talents for the future and bidded hard for or even bought cheap if you have a small club reach a high rating from the low rating we bought them at which is an important part of this game. SM have introduced concerns which increase quickly but are really hard to get rid of and by adding this feature they have ruined a part of the game. I mean come on SM do you expect me to play Hazard over someone like Fletcher? I mean Hazard is the better prospect but at this stage of course im going to opt for Fletcher cause of his higher rating. At the same time I dont want to sell my prospects cause they are for the future or even subs' date=' Hazard is a sub but it seems I cant keep him now. Is there any point talking about long term for my squad? Let me see now, does someone like Jonny Evans hand in a transfer request at Utd cause he doesnt mainly play every game? No. He knows his place. Hazard was part of my cup games squad and I won the Shield with him in my team, so surely this should make him not concerned winning an honour like that? SM should implement that.[/quote']

I agree, concerns should be slower to get if they are slow to go away. As soon as one of my players get a concern I know there is no way back.

Come on look at Sanchez, he has rooney,higuian,cavani and ronaldo ahead of him I have played him for 16 games this season since he first got his concern, then went to 2, but now after his rise he goes to lvl 3. Insane!:(

I know the likes of rooney and jimmy, say that players have to reach 75% of games, but thats not how it should work. Sm should look at the players ahead of the player in his position. and reduce the percent accordingly.

I also heard that some people want goal keepers to get injured, lol with sm they are surely going to over kill it, Be careful what you wish for.;)

Btw Samuel and Zanetti want a wage rise after both of them have dropped.:D

As soon as one of my players get a concern I know there is no way back.

Sm should look at the players ahead of the player in his position. and reduce the percent accordingly.

it really isnt hard. i managed to get my teams concerns down every single time, if you play them it is not difficult at all. there are definately ways back. i think its rather easy to remove concerns personally.

and they do reduce the percent accordingly. 75% for the best players, the rest wont want that much but they will want some games. it decreases depending on position in the squad.

hence an 88rated CM ar barcelona will be happy with maybe 6 games a season.

ann 88 rated cm at wolves would want 30ish games a season.

it really isnt hard. i managed to get my teams concerns down every single time' date=' if you play them it is not difficult at all. there are definately ways back. i think its rather easy to remove concerns personally.

and they do reduce the percent accordingly. 75% for the best players, the rest wont want that much but they will want some games. it decreases depending on position in the squad.

hence an 88rated CM ar barcelona will be happy with maybe 6 games a season.

ann 88 rated cm at wolves would want 30ish games a season.[/quote']

Well, mate they don't go down for me, they either stay or go up. Just look at my Sanchez situation, 16 games yet not enough(and I have played consitantly since he first got his concern.) for some one who has rooney and co to compete with and he is on level 3.:(

This tends to get stupid pretty quickly:mad: How can a 75 rated player in a team of 150 players from which he is the lowest rated (first 11 ave is 93) can pretend to play?? I mean I also have 88s and 89s who haven't played in ages and have no concerns. I'm not complaining about concerns in general but then need to be realistic as well. Have ever a Castilla player got angry because he has not played with RM's first team?? I personally think concerns should apply at most to players rated 5/6 less than the ave. starting 11.

This tends to get stupid pretty quickly:mad: How can a 75 rated player in a team of 150 players from which he is the lowest rated (first 11 ave is 93) can pretend to play?? I mean I also have 88s and 89s who haven't played in ages and have no concerns. I'm not complaining about concerns in general but then need to be realistic as well. Have ever a Castilla player got angry because he has not played with RM's first team?? I personally think concerns should apply at most to players rated 5/6 less than the ave. starting 11.

Who is this 75 rated player in a team of 150? Two thoughts spring immediately to mind: firstly, if he is a youth team player he shouldn't have developed a lack of games/opportunity concern. Secondly, if he is not a youth team player why do you want him in a team where the average starting lineup is 93?