Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Oh the joys of another day of concern reviews:mad: These **** concerns are really ruining the fun of the game for me.

It is a game which is supposed to be fun not annoying.

I am the manager so i should be in charge of who gets what amount of games without them getting all sulky and concerned, So ive got 3 good DMs on one of my teams that i thought i played well to get(Busquets,Khedira and Song) and Song has just jumped up to a level 3 concern even though hes been injured for 4 weeks.:confused:

Ive been playing SM for over 3 years now and loved every minute apart from when these stupid concerns started, Ive always said that i think a squad cap should be introduced instead of this concern system, Say 60 players on a team or something.

Like ive said before it feels like im being punished for building up great teams with great back up/cup players.

The way im seeing these concerns are like an aggressive cancer thats spreading throughout the game, They build up way too fast and disappear far too slowly.

And dont even get me started on the teams ive payed to own, How dare SM decide if ive played a certain player not enough times, Im the manager so ill decide when to play him or not, Ive payed good money to own some of my teams and for SM to take any of my players away just plainly takes the pee.

Anyway rant over and bin these stupid concerns and introduce a squad cap instead.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Hmmm.

I was never a massive fan of concerns but it's won me over a bit.

I think the concept is both realistic and an added challenge.

I do think that it's currently too forceful and could do with being relaxed a decent amount.

I also think that it's seriously flawed if players are getting concerned for not playing while injured. That makes no sense and is not a fair aspect of the game.

Oh the joys of another day of concern reviews:mad: These **** concerns are really ruining the fun of the game for me.

It is a game which is supposed to be fun not annoying.

I am the manager so i should be in charge of who gets what amount of games without them getting all sulky and concerned' date=' So ive got 3 good DMs on one of my teams that i thought i played well to get(Busquets,Khedira and Song) and Song has just jumped up to a level 3 concern even though hes been injured for 4 weeks.:confused:

Ive been playing SM for over 3 years now and loved every minute apart from when these stupid concerns started, Ive always said that i think a squad cap should be introduced instead of this concern system, Say 60 players on a team or something.

Like ive said before it feels like im being punished for building up great teams with great back up/cup players.

The way im seeing these concerns are like an aggressive cancer thats spreading throughout the game, They build up way too fast and disappear far too slowly.

And dont even get me started on the teams ive payed to own, How dare SM decide if ive played a certain player not enough times, Im the manager so ill decide when to play him or not, Ive payed good money to own some of my teams and for SM to take any of my players away just plainly takes the pee.

Anyway rant over and bin these stupid concerns and introduce a squad cap instead.[/quote']

firstly the players jumping up when injured is a big flaw, and i think SM must look at it.

it really is silly.

that said http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=75856

squad caps would only favour people who like to hog players.

your frustrations are because you have too many good players, why dont you look at it from others points of view.

while your at it read that thread, might make you realise why squad caps are rubbish and so far not a single decent argument has been put into place for why its a good thing.

people like to say it, but when asked why can't think of a decent answer.

firstly the players jumping up when injured is a big flaw' date=' and i think SM must look at it.

it really is silly.

that said [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=75856[/url]

squad caps would only favour people who like to hog players.

your frustrations are because you have too many good players, why dont you look at it from others points of view.

while your at it read that thread, might make you realise why squad caps are rubbish and so far not a single decent argument has been put into place for why its a good thing.

people like to say it, but when asked why can't think of a decent answer.

Ok how about a squad cap of say 25 players rated 90 or above and 35 players rated 89 and below?

Ok how about a squad cap of say 25 players rated 90 or above and 35 players rated 89 and below?

The point has been made endlessly - a squad cap, in any shape or form, is just lazy thinking. Concerns ARE the way forward, subject to a bit more tweaking, you just can't see it yet.:)

25 players hmm.

casillas de gea

evra marcelo

pique vidic thagio silva

alves ramos

fabregas ozil sneijder wilshere xavi iniesta ronaldo

messi rooney villa eto'o.

thats already ridiculous strength in depth and i have made my point but hey you said 25 so lets add another 5 players or so because i can ! :)

id also like busquets, lahm, alonso, nasri.

why dont you scrap the 35 89 and below because that team dosnt break your 25 limit, but has a team so good it is the best in the game for the next 10 years.

players like ramos in real life arent happy on the bench yet here they would get next to no appearances all season.

very poor argument put forward.

25 90+ players is so good i struggled to find 25 players i would need. infact i have so many players i even started to include nasri in there, just because i can. i might as well even if i would never use him, even in cup games !

25 players hmm.

casillas de gea

evra marcelo

pique vidic thagio silva

alves ramos

fabregas ozil sneijder wilshere xavi iniesta ronaldo

messi rooney villa eto'o.

thats already ridiculous strength in depth and i have made my point but hey you said 25 so lets add another 5 players or so because i can ! :)

id also like busquets' date=' lahm, alonso, nasri.

why dont you scrap the 35 89 and below because that team dosnt break your 25 limit, but has a team so good it is the best in the game for the next 10 years.

players like ramos in real life arent happy on the bench yet here they would get next to no appearances all season.

very poor argument put forward.

25 90+ players is so good i struggled to find 25 players i would need. infact i have so many players i even started to include nasri in there, just because i can. i might as well even if i would never use him, even in cup games ![/quote']

Ok sarky:D, 16 90 and aboves and 44 89 and belows for the moneyspinners, cup players, etc.

Ok sarky:D' date=' 16 90 and aboves and 44 89 and belows for the moneyspinners, cup players, etc.[/quote']

in gold championships you need more than 16, they play 3/4 times a week where condition is affected.

you could just have player concerns, the players you dont use very much you dont need = will be sold.

its the better solution.

blanket approaches dont solve every problem, concerns adapt and are realistic to real life.

also most teams do have a squad cap in place in the form of wages.

in gold championships you need more than 16' date=' they play 3/4 times a week where condition is affected.

you could just have player concerns, the players you dont use very much you dont need = will be sold.

its the better solution.

blanket approaches dont solve every problem, concerns adapt and are realistic to real life.

also most teams do have a squad cap in place in the form of wages.[/quote']

Oh ok bud didnt realise that as a non gold member.

Right then seems im beating a dead horse with this squad cap then, Hows about SM letting us know how many games it will take to keep certain players happy instead of the big secret, i.e. Jermain Defoe will require at least 16 games this season otherwise he will develop concerns.

Why do SM feel the need to keep all that info hush hush, If you clearly have too many players then you cant possibly give all them players the required quota of games they require so it would still have the desired effect of stopping player hogging. Why cant i as the manager have this info?

Oh ok bud didnt realise that as a non gold member.

Right then seems im beating a dead horse with this squad cap then' date=' Hows about SM letting us know how many games it will take to keep certain players happy instead of the big secret, i.e. Jermain Defoe will require at least 16 games this season otherwise he will develop concerns.

Why do SM feel the need to keep all that info hush hush, If you clearly have too many players then you cant possibly give all them players the required quota of games they require so it would still have the desired effect of stopping player hogging. Why cant i as the manager have this info?[/quote']

they mentioned it before, if you want details read it previously but ill outline it:

concerns are there so players not needed go to smaller clubs so every manager has a fair share of the players and enjoyment.

if you saif fletcher needs 13 games a season to be happy, id just go about giving him the abolsulte minimum, possibly on loan then never playing him again.

it could easily lead to abuse of the system and make concerns useless. to easy to beat the system.

we know top players want 75% of games and it decreases from there, the fact how many games a player wantd varies with lots of factors to each team and its impossible for SM to comment on every individual player.

and yeah squad caps are a dead debate. concerns are here, deal with them.

my team is a truelt star studded team, i would argue it could be cut down a bit more if it was real life. it is still more than possiblee to build up world class first and second teams, you just need to be a bit cleverer.

Don't mind concerns as a concept, but

1. They shouldn't go up so fast. It has been a lingering issue for more than a year, and now all of a sudden new concerns are rising up every couple of weeks.

2. Concerns are judged for a player every month or so, while ratings changes are scheduled only three times a year. This makes it almost impossible for the bigger teams to buy a promising young player of about 90-91. In my experience, 90-91 players require to be played in ca. 50% of the matches in order not to develop concerns. If you have 14-15 higher rated players that need to play 70% of the matches, most of your team's game time will already be taken up by them.

3. In the current system, a player that's on level 4 is more or less doomed. In most cases, even if he plays all remaining games, he will still rise to 5 (since he also needs to catch-up with all games he was short of in past cycles). And since a manager doesn't know how many games he's still short, he probably won't even try to catch-up but sell/swap the player instead.

4. Personally, I would like managers to have some kind of idea (doesn't have to be exact) of how many matches it takes for a player not to develop concerns.

Anyhow, while concerns are basically a good idea, the current implementation is going to produce lots of dissatisfied players and will probably just result in massive swapping of concerned players between the bigger clubs. Maybe it would be better to just reset all concerns for now, relax the system a bit and clearly lay out the rules (before players start to develop new concerns).

Need some assistance here. Nani's concern at being loaned out went to level 2 on 11 march 2011. I recalled him immediately but now its been 3 months and he hasn't decreased. How long does it usually take?

about a season. its annoying that concerns don't disappear as fast as they arrive. there's some inevitability about the fact that as fast as you try and cure one concern you'll get another before the first one goes. i.e if player 1 has played 20 games out of 22 and doesn't have conerns. player 2 has played 2 games out of 22 and is concerned. you then play player 2 for 15 games consecutive and leave player 1 out for 15 games consecutive. i guarantee you that player 1 will be concerned and player 2 will still be concerned. i know because i tested it. all i'm saying is that, in my opinion, if either player have suddenly played loads or sat on the bench loads then the gaining and losing of conerns should be the same. there's no way that this is currently the case. concerns are good, but there's flaws in them that need addressing. still, its a free game so can't moan too much I guess.

Need some assistance here. Nani's concern at being loaned out went to level 2 on 11 march 2011. I recalled him immediately but now its been 3 months and he hasn't decreased. How long does it usually take?

that man united team with the setup we are in has the same thing.

i think it is designed to stop loans being the easy way out: quite rightly i think.

if you look at my team they are all still concerned from the 26th april.

maybe they havnt been reviewed since then and it was the off season, but thats still a fair few games......

from what i have seen if a player gets to level 1 concern it is quick to go to 0 from loaned out. anything above that takes a huge amount of time.

3 months for my players, bale in our setup too is 3 months.

i cant tell you how long it will take to go down, but i can say that in all of our experiences once you get near to level 3 or at level 3 it takes a huge amount of time to decrease....

sorry i cant be of more help but it is happenining to us all.

What competitions actually matter to the player.

I just had Fabregas get a concern yesterday. He has played 30 games across all competitions.

I can only assume it's not enough league games. I thought I had everyone happy :(

I think it is league games that matter the most to a player.

I think it is league games that matter the most to a player.

actually it was stated before cup games' date=' league games, SMFA games all count.

a player will want a certain percentage of league games BUT this can be made up with appearances in any other competitive competition, except friendlies basically.

all appearances are worth the same amount.

a game = 1 appearance a sub is =0.5

What competitions actually matter to the player.

I just had Fabregas get a concern yesterday. He has played 30 games across all competitions.

I can only assume it's not enough league games. I thought I had everyone happy :(

you say 30 appearances, can i ask how many subs ?

fabregas will want around 28.5 proper appearances.

that means 28 starts and 1 sub, this figure is a rough figure so could go down or up slightly.

so how many sub appearances did fabregas have ?

also bear in mind this is since his last review of concerns. if he had all these appearances and then had less than 75% since his last review, overall he should be happy but it is important to remember 75% of games since the last review.

make sense, and please list his actual stats especially any sub appearances and ignore any frienly appearances.

actually it was stated before cup games' date=' league games, SMFA games all count.

a player will want a certain percentage of league games BUT this can be made up with appearances in any other competitive competition, except friendlies basically.

a game = 1 appearance a sub is =0.5[/quote']

Fair enough I thought it was just league games.

that man united team with the setup we are in has the same thing.

i think it is designed to stop loans being the easy way out: quite rightly i think.

if you look at my team they are all still concerned from the 26th april.

maybe they havnt been reviewed since then and it was the off season' date=' but thats still a fair few games......

from what i have seen if a player gets to level 1 concern it is quick to go to 0 from loaned out. anything above that takes a huge amount of time.

3 months for my players, bale in our setup too is 3 months.

i cant tell you how long it will take to go down, but i can say that in all of our experiences once you get near to level 3 or at level 3 it takes a huge amount of time to decrease....

[b']sorry i cant be of more help but it is happenining to us all.[/b]

Hmm that is why I aint complaining I guess. Should've called him back earlier but hopefully it should go soon as I am not loaning him out anymore.

Hmm fair enough I thought it was just league games.

Hmm that is why I aint complaining I guess. Should've called him back earlier but hopefully it should go soon as I am not loaning him out anymore.

it was on here somewhere, i may be wrong but im 99% sure all appearances count !

the phrase was "only positive impacts on concerns"

basically a player wont care if he misses these extra games but he will get happier by playing them. league games do have a negative impact if missed though.

yeah..i still have that loan concern when i gave you fletcher and valencia !

i think its a good thing though i really do, otherwise lack of games would be too easy to avoid.

it was on here somewhere' date=' i may be wrong but im 99% sure all appearances count !

the phrase was "only positive impacts on concerns"

basically a player wont care if he misses these extra games but he will get happier by playing them. league games do have a negative impact if missed though.

yeah..i still have that loan concern when i gave you fletcher and valencia !

[b']i think its a good thing though i really do, otherwise lack of games would be too easy to avoid.[/b]

I wouldn't mind if lack of games took long because its important to the player but it should be just a little bit different for loans. I dont know why they get concerns anyway? I loaned him out to Madrid where I thought he would've enjoyed being loaned out to!

I wouldn't mind if lack of games took long because its important to the player but it should be just a little bit different for loans. I dont know why they get concerns anyway? I loaned him out to Madrid where I thought he would've enjoyed being loaned out to!

in real life this is debateable but as i said, this feature is here to stop it becoming stupidly easy to bypass lack of games concerns.

players in real life would be loaned for a season, but good players want to be bought and play properly. not madrid this season, benched then shipped off to malaga on loan in january.

think adebayor.

it is a bit unrealistic but without it concerns would be useless.

it still lets you loan out youth players which is fair enough :)

in real life this is debateable but as i said' date=' this feature is here to stop it becoming stupidly easy to bypass lack of games concerns.

players in real life would be loaned for a season, but good players want to be bought and play properly. not madrid this season, benched then shipped off to malaga on loan in january.

think adebayor.

it is a bit unrealistic but without it concerns would be useless.

it still lets you loan out youth players which is fair enough :)[/quote']

Cant argue with that to be honest. Some players do get frustrated on loan so its understandable.

a game = 1 appearance a sub is =0.5

you say 30 appearances, can i ask how many subs ?

fabregas will want around 28.5 proper appearances.

that means 28 starts and 1 sub, this figure is a rough figure so could go down or up slightly.

so how many sub appearances did fabregas have ?

also bear in mind this is since his last review of concerns. if he had all these appearances and then had less than 75% since his last review, overall he should be happy but it is important to remember 75% of games since the last review.

make sense, and please list his actual stats especially any sub appearances and ignore any frienly appearances.[/quote']

Concerned about his lack of games (Minor Concern)

Level 1 (Date: 10 June 2011)

I don't use sub appearances, he could only have got it due to lack of league games? I have been trying to make all my better players hit around 30 games each a season.

League 18

World Champ Shield 2

SMFA Champions Cup 9

SMFA Super Cup 1

Total 30 Apps

Previous season he had 26 league game appearances just on it's on, so he is concerned because his game amount has gone down?

Concerned about his lack of games (Minor Concern)

Level 1 (Date: 10 June 2011)

I don't use sub appearances' date=' he could only have got it due to lack of league games? I have been trying to make all my better players hit around 30 games each a season.

League 18

World Champ Shield 2

SMFA Champions Cup 9

SMFA Super Cup 1

Total 30 Apps

Previous season he had 26 league game appearances just on it's on, so he is concerned because his game amount has gone down?[/quote']

hmm. i think the person to ask is Teb on this one.

i may be wrong, or he may have wanted just a tiny bit more although that is very high...

Made a (very) quick search here and in the Online Help and not found the answer.. if a team has two GK's.. and one of them requests a transfer.. will he leave the team?

thanks in advance.