Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Ive got both Ramos and Lahm on one of my teams with Ramos played 26 games 0 subs and Lahm played 21 games with 2 subs, Its currently on turn 35.

Ive had them both all season and one of them has become concerned about lack of games(level 1). I wouldnt mind really but the concerned one is Ramos:confused: Go figure that out.

A good percentage of Lahms games have been cup games as well with Ramos being my main league choice.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Respuesta: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

I believe a big change has been made to the algorythm of player concerns.

Now, it is impossible for me to deal with the lack of games concerns.

I do not put players in the 11 line up if they are not 100% physically, so I have players that have played more than half the season games, but they develop concerns.

I agree with the need of having concerns to encourage competition, but I think SM has gone too far.

This is the concerns thread. If any of you want to flog the dead 'squad size' horse I suggest you take your suggestions over to that thread. Concerns' date=' as anyone who has taken the trouble to read this thread would know, more than adequately cover all contingencies relating to star hogging (lack of games concern) and the over-abundance of young talent (wage/opportunity concerns).[/quote']

Oh Jimmy, no need to get uptight. You aren't under any obligation to read it you know.

I only had to go 2 pages back from I joined this thread to enter this conversation, so as long as it's still a problem for many people who play the game and use this forum - to me it's still absolutely relevant, even if you feel that it has been adequately covered before.

If you don't want to read certain posts, my suggestion would be to ignore them.

:)

what would it acheive though?

concerns already prevent you having a squad of 50 good players.

the squad cap would just stop small teams becoming good via risers.

something this forum has said on msany occasions is part of the attraction to them of the game.

a squad cap does literally nothing to help stop player hogging......thats my point.

But it does... A player can only have 50 players, as opposed to 100-200 allowing others to buy some players. I'm fully aware that a club cannot have 50 top players, but i'm talking about those players lower down the scale, and also young players.

A squad cap won't spread all of the players at every level out, but it will allow some players to compete.

In saying that, you've made some good points, so i'll try to look at it more... but riddle me this. What happens to a concerned player who is then sent out on loan for say 1 full season. Does his concerns about not being played go down whilst he is on loan?

Disclaimer*****

Before some cry baby tells me that the above question has been answered 173 times, I did try the 'search' facility before I asked it.

In saying that' date=' you've made some good points, so i'll try to look at it more... but riddle me this. What happens to a concerned player who is then sent out on loan for say 1 full season. Does his concerns about not being played go down whilst he is on loan?

Disclaimer*****

Before some cry baby tells me that the above question has been answered 173 times, I did try the 'search' facility before I asked it.[/quote']

It does-so some people juggle concerns by keeping someone until they get quite concerned about lack of gametime, then loan them out to remove this. When the concern about loans come in too high they get recalled.

This lowers the loaned out, but the gametime concern re-appears. Repeat to hold the player as long as possible.A strange system IMO and once that could be improved to prevent the above situation.

But it does... A player can only have 50 players, as opposed to 100-200 allowing others to buy some players. I'm fully aware that a club cannot have 50 top players, but i'm talking about those players lower down the scale, and also young players.

A squad cap won't spread all of the players at every level out, but it will allow some players to compete.

you are right there, risers etc would not be able to be hoarded. but if you see peoples opinion on this forum half of the fun is searching for risers, many of which become talents. eg i bought varane as a riser for game time: now look at him.

it would make player hogging more difficult, but its an attraction of the game to prevent people getting bored.

therefore, other options and routes to the problem must be sought after. make sense? your right, but enjoyment of the game is a big deal, obviously.

In saying that, you've made some good points, so i'll try to look at it more... but riddle me this. What happens to a concerned player who is then sent out on loan for say 1 full season. Does his concerns about not being played go down whilst he is on loan?

his game time concern may go down, but his loan concern will cause him to leave. a level 2 game time, level 4 loan will cause him to leave.

i cant remember the exact figure but something like concerns adding to 6/7 will cause the player to leave, even if no concern is individually at 5.

use the search tool to find the exact number, it is either 6 or 7 i think :)

in my experience as you may see before, loan concerns take FOREVER to go down. fletcher and co were loaned out last season, still concerned.

loan concerns go down way, way slower than game time. they deveolp very quickly too. valencia for me is 4th choice, but he got loan concern after............0 games.

loaned him out in a wed/ thurs or something, 2 days later loan concern came in.

they come quickly, and take forever to go. if you loaned them out for a season level 4 concern, if not 5 would be very very likely for any half decent player.

it means you can loan players out for maybe 4/5 games a season tops. to do small clubs a favour in play offs, cups and smfa games etc.

it isnt a way around player hogging and Sm dealt with it as such.

you would be right, but thats exactly why SM have said they wont realise exact numbers of games needed to get concerns to go down etc.

it would be too easy to do this: as it stands loans are very poor at keeping concerns down except for the sub 89 rated players at the very most.

I saw 2 things for the first time today, RAGGIO GARIBALDI, Silvano a 22 year old 79 rated player in a 50 strong youth team with "Concerned about the lack of first team opportunities (Minor Concern)" and also two players in the same team whos wage concerns had decreased by 1 level on the 10th june. Have the wages been adjusted because usually if you give them a contract their concerns disapear straight away..?!

The lack of opportunities thing is new to me but I guess its a concern that has been floating about since they came in..

I saw 2 things for the first time today' date=' RAGGIO GARIBALDI, Silvano a 22 year old 79 rated player in a 50 strong youth team with "Concerned about the lack of first team opportunities (Minor Concern)" and also two players in the same team whos wage concerns had decreased by 1 level on the 10th june. Have the wages been adjusted because usually if you give them a contract their concerns disapear straight away..?!

The lack of opportunities thing is new to me but I guess its a concern that has been floating about since they came in..[/quote']

they may have been adjusted. your right they did use to decrease instantly, would make more sense for it to be like the others / gradual decrease.

Oh Jimmy' date=' no need to get uptight. You aren't under any obligation to read it you know.

I only had to go 2 pages back from I joined this thread to enter this conversation, so as long as it's still a problem for many people who play the game and use this forum - to me it's still absolutely relevant, even if you feel that it has been adequately covered before.

If you don't want to read certain posts, my suggestion would be to ignore them.

:)[/quote']

Fair enough but the whole squad size argument has been done to death and it's clear that SM will never go that route. Hence my frustration which may have spilled over into my post.:)

loan concerns go down way' date=' way slower than game time. they deveolp very quickly too. valencia for me is 4th choice, but he got loan concern after............0 games.

loaned him out in a wed/ thurs or something, 2 days later loan concern came in.

they come quickly, and take forever to go. if you loaned them out for a season level 4 concern, if not 5 would be very very likely for any half decent player.

it means you can loan players out for maybe 4/5 games a season tops. to do small clubs a favour in play offs, cups and smfa games etc.

it isnt a way around player hogging and Sm dealt with it as such.

you would be right, but thats exactly why SM have said they wont realise exact numbers of games needed to get concerns to go down etc.

it would be too easy to do this: as it stands loans are very poor at keeping concerns down except for the sub 89 rated players at the very most.[/quote']

Interesting scenario in one of my gameworlds: Santos Ramires reached a level 5 concern at being loaned out and requested a transfer. This appeared on the gameworld news feed. Problem is you can't bid for him because he's out on loan:confused: I assume that he'll be returned to his home club at the end of the season and will be open to bids then but still - plain daft if you ask me:D

Interesting scenario in one of my gameworlds: Santos Ramires reached a level 5 concern at being loaned out and requested a transfer. This appeared on the gameworld news feed. Problem is you can't bid for him because he's out on loan:confused: I assume that he'll be returned to his home club at the end of the season and will be open to bids then but still - plain daft if you ask me:D

hmmm interesting point.

i think if the player is level 5 loan concerned they should stay on loan until the end of the season.

in real life if a player isnt happy he still sets out his contract. it would be unfair on the other club to suddenly loose a player.

so the player keeps his contract on loan until recalled or expired. however, his morale would plummet and once recalled normal sequences apply......

the downside to this is in a WC this can be such a long time. just have to wait i guess :)

so the player keeps his contract on loan until recalled or expired. however' date=' his morale would plummet and once recalled normal sequences apply......

the downside to this is in a WC this can be such a long time. just have to wait i guess :)[/quote']

It will be interesting to see if there will be a notification on the gameworld news feed when the player comes back for the new season that he has requested a transfer - considering the fact that one has already been posted. I'll update when this plays out.

Player concerns aren't strict enough.

Still, 2 years or whatever later, I've seen only about 2 players actually go on the transfer list because they reached Level 5 concern.

All the clubs with hugely over inflated squads of good players just rotate their squad a bit more so concerned players get played, and everything is fine.

There have been at least 3 soccermanager seasons passed since this was introduced, it's not working sufficiently. I'd like to think a player with concerns about their club wouldn't take 3 seasons to decide.

Still' date=' 2 years or whatever later, I've seen only about 2 players actually go on the transfer list because they reached Level 5 concern.

All the clubs with hugely over inflated squads of good players just rotate their squad a bit more so concerned players get played, and everything is fine.

There have been at least 3 soccermanager seasons passed since this was introduced, it's not working sufficiently. I'd like to think a player with concerns about their club wouldn't take 3 seasons to decide.[/quote']

can you post examples of these squads ?

concerns aren't designed to stop you having good squads.

a good first and second 11 as well as youth is possible. its only there to prevent the truely most ridiculous squads.

here is a good example of people never being happy though, fair enough you want them to be stepped up more.

others are complaining they are way too harsh. what can SM do apart from sit in the middle ?

Still' date=' 2 years or whatever later, I've seen only about 2 players actually go on the transfer list because they reached Level 5 concern.

There have been at least 3 soccermanager seasons passed since this was introduced, it's not working sufficiently. I'd like to think a player with concerns about their club wouldn't take 3 seasons to decide.[/quote']

I'm happy with them at the moment, I think if you are smart enough to keep concerns at bay while being able to keep a full squad of decent rated players, then good on you, I'm having no troubles so far, not until next season anyway, when all my recently 90+ risers come back from loan, there's about 15 of them that I'll have to somehow squeeze into my 23 man 93+ rated squad

Shouldnt the automatically arranged friendlies count towards reducing concerns? In real life they would and its not like you have a choice of how many you play. I know you can arrange friendlies throughout the season but obviously those ones shouldnt count.

Otherwise they really are useless things to fill in the time between seasons.

Shouldnt the automatically arranged friendlies count towards reducing concerns? In real life they would and its not like you have a choice of how many you play. I know you can arrange friendlies throughout the season but obviously those ones shouldnt count.

Otherwise they really are useless things to fill in the time between seasons.

no of course they shouldnt. in real life they dont either.

although on your side man united vs juventus gary neville testimonial match, that was a friendly and you dont see butt worrying about lack of games anymore. :rolleyes:

friendlies are never enough to keep a player happy. not in the game, not in real life!

They dont offer anything other than a filler in game. In real life its stupid to say a player wouldnt be happier to be part of pre season friendlies, of course they would to be involved with the first team. Not on their own of course but could count for maybe half a game in SM, to make them actually worth bothering with. Its only 3 or 4 games so wouldnt be very influential on concerns.

Is this right I thought I remember reading that the player will be placed on the transfer list at Chairmans value, but then I check one of my clubs today and see this

Player Message

Alexis SANCHEZ has demanded a transfer move away from Leicester City and is now on the transfer list for £50,000,000.

They dont offer anything other than a filler in game. In real life its stupid to say a player wouldnt be happier to be part of pre season friendlies' date=' of course they would to be involved with the first team. Not on their own of course but could count for maybe half a game in SM, to make them actually worth bothering with. Its only 3 or 4 games so wouldnt be very influential on concerns.[/quote']

if they wouldnt be influential why you want them to have an effect then?

friendlies would just be used to give players game time then.

so to make concerns work SM would just make them a tiny bit harder to keep players happy.

its a dead end suggestion as far as im concerned and has no purpose except to help player hogging.

kind of the opposite to concerns......

and players are not happy to be part of friendlies. they count league and cup games of a lot higher. bentder can be in all the pre season frienlies he still wants to move.

szesncy was the same.

they are professional footballers and want to play in proper games.

either that or move to a club that would play them in games, not just a pathetic 5 games a year that dont even mean anything :|

@ aitken, at that leicster what is that clubs CV?

interesting...would be fair though, if you want a player of quality a slight inflation of price is reasonable i think.

otherwise the other manager gets completely ripped off.

that said, they had the option to sell him before and not just for the best offer. transfer listing him at level 2,3 or 4 allows you to select a price. leaving it until now means you have to accept a cut price deal as the player wants to leave.

i can see both sides. not too fussed really the purpose of concerns stays and its interesting but either decision has its reasons so is fair enough :)

@ aitken' date=' at that leicster what is that clubs CV?

interesting...would be fair though, if you want a player of quality a [i']slight inflation of price is reasonable i think.

Alexis Sanchez is valued at £18.8M by the Leicester City Chairman, but most teams won't be able to offer over £30M anyway, so it doesn't make sense to list him at £50M

otherwise the other manager gets completely ripped off.

that said, they had the option to sell him before and not just for the best offer. transfer listing him at level 2,3 or 4 allows you to select a price. leaving it until now means you have to accept a cut price deal as the player wants to leave.

i can see both sides. not too fussed really the purpose of concerns stays and its interesting but either decision has its reasons so is fair enough :)

The guy has had him transfer listed since he hit level 2, but the manager is a total 'dee dee dee', he counter offers the most ridiculous deals, most people no longer bother dealing with him

I'm happy with them at the moment' date=' I think if you are smart enough to keep concerns at bay while being able to keep a full squad of decent rated players, then good on you[/quote']

Well, I differ on this, I think if someone can keep 30+ top players in their squad and keep them all happy it's a flaw in the system and not their management skills, because it wouldn't happen in reality.

Well' date=' I differ on this, I think if someone can keep 30+ top players in their squad and keep them all happy it's a flaw in the system and not their management skills, because it wouldn't happen in reality.[/quote']

Maybe but obviously if you have the skill to keep 30+ top players happy, and can do so under the current restraints of the game then good on you, the point of concerns isn't to punish managers for having a good squad it's to trim down the squads with players they never or rarely use, since they obviously don't need them, but if can and do use all 30+ players and can ensure they don't get concerned, then you deserve to keep them. You must also remember that this is a game not reality and despite the usage of usage of some real life factors, you need to keep a certain level of fantasy to maintain playability.

Well' date=' I differ on this, I think if someone can keep 30+ top players in their squad and keep them all happy it's a flaw in the system and not their management skills, because it wouldn't happen in reality.[/quote']

There is a flaw, but it's not the one you're suggesting.

In real life, a player can play 3 games a week when needed, twice a week easily. That isn't the case in SM.

Even before injuries and suspensions are taken into consideration, you need more players to simply be able to field teams due to the fitness drops.

Is this right I thought I remember reading that the player will be placed on the transfer list at Chairmans value' date=' but then I check one of my clubs today and see this[/quote']

Have you tried making a bid? What is the minimum you can bid?