Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Have you tried making a bid? What is the minimum you can bid?

Yeah the minimum I can bid is 18.8M and my maximum is 33M, not sure why its got the 50M since it's impossible to bid that high, and it doesn't affect anyhting

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Alexis Sanchez is valued at £18.8M by the Leicester City Chairman' date=' but most teams won't be able to offer over £30M anyway, so it doesn't make sense to list him at £50M

The guy has had him transfer listed since he hit level 2, but the manager is a total 'dee dee dee', he counter offers the most ridiculous deals, most people no longer bother dealing with him[/quote']

i think this must be a bug then. maybe report it as a bug ticket ? i would.

Maybe but obviously if you have the skill to keep 30+ top players happy' date=' and can do so under the current restraints of the game then good on you, the point of concerns isn't to punish managers for having a good squad it's to trim down the squads with players they never or rarely use, since they obviously don't need them, but if can and do use all 30+ players and can ensure they don't get concerned, then you deserve to keep them. You must also remember that [i']this is a game[/i] not reality and despite the usage of usage of some real life factors, you need to keep a certain level of fantasy to maintain playability.

agree with this.

as i said concerns arent designed to hinder a majority of teams, its there to cut off the very worst offenders.

My only 70 rated player is concerned about the lack of first team opportunities!!! I don´t understand why 70 rated player is concerned about it! Now it is on 5 level (Requested Transfer) :mad: This is madness. I don´t allow to play 70 rated player!

My only 70 rated player is concerned about the lack of first team opportunities!!! I don´t understand why 70 rated player is concerned about it! Now it is on 5 level (Requested Transfer) :mad: This is madness. I don´t allow to play 70 rated player!

use your common sense.

he knows he wont ever get into your first team so wants to leave :rolleyes:

Yeah the minimum I can bid is 18.8M and my maximum is 33M' date=' not sure why its got the 50M since it's impossible to bid that high, and it doesn't affect anyhting[/quote']

I'm guessing here but perhaps the manager set a minimum fee of 50 million for Sanchez prior to his transfer request and the SMFA are respecting it? It would be considered a bug I guess, but that may be the reason for the fee being an exact 50 million.

I'm guessing here but perhaps the manager set a minimum fee of 50 million for Sanchez prior to his transfer request and the SMFA are respecting it? It would be considered a bug I guess' date=' but that may be the reason for the fee being an exact 50 million.[/quote']

The minimum fee isn't set, just the asking price, for all the other players I've seen request a transfer, they are added at the chairmans value, but Sanchez was added at £50M, it's not really important though since we can still bid

He'd have probably been happy just to have 1 or 2 games, maybe even 15 minutes as a substitute.

isnt lack of opportunities different to lack of game time....... ?

As I understand it lack of opportunity means the player is too far down the pecking order of players in that position. Sounds bizarre but I guess there is some logic there.

As I understand it lack of opportunity means the player is too far down the pecking order of players in that position. Sounds bizarre but I guess there is some logic there.

thats what i thought. it has nothing to do with game time as far as i was aware. although if they got game time it could prove they arent useless so maybe they could be linked?

makes sense to me anyway: if your a 22 year old winger with ronaldo, ribery, bale, lennon and gotze ahead of you , you know you wont ever get a game so might as well move club early!

I have Muller, I am in an european championship. I loaned Muller out in season 14 and he got a concern about been worried on loan. But I Recalled him immediately but since then to now (season 16) he still has the "concern about been loaned out" when he isn't on loan.

So please SM look into this fanks:)

SM Support said: 2011-06-27 11:13:10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi -----,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that you are asking for help instead of reporting a bug. Please refer to the Help or the Answer Centre for the answer to your question as they both contain a wealth of information. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=83

Regards

SoccerManager.com Support Team

Alexis Sanchez is on level concern 3, although he has played 21 league games. And he has rooney,higuian,cavani and Ronaldo all ahead of him in attack.

And the fact that he has got 21/38 games with better striker ahead is AMAZING!

So please SM look into this thanks for you time.

And keep up the good work :)

SM Support said: 2011-06-27 11:09:26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi -----,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. This is because the player has only featured in 21 out of possible 78 league games over the past two seasons. Therefore they have rightly developed a concern regarding lack of games. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=83

Regards

Well SM if you are bothered to look at the league games you would know I bought sanchez at the back of last season and so you can't put the "...78 games" thing. Next thing "Sorry your player has played 22 out of 116 games,":rolleyes:

I just feel SM are just looking for excuses , rather than admitting a mistake.

BTW whats with the CLOSE THE TICKET thing?

I sent a ticket regarding Nigel De Jong a few weeks ago. He was on a level 2 concern (playing time) and jumped to a level 3 and then 4 in less than a month - his latest concern rise came hand in hand with his rise to 92. I checked his stats and he had played about 45% of league games that season but when combined with his cup, shield & SMFA cup appearances he reached a 76% participation.

I sent a bug ticket explaining everything that could be a bug (level 2 to level 4 in less than a month, how the last concern rise coincided with his rating rise, how he had played more than 75% in total) and got an answer 2 days later giving me his league game stats and how that justified his level 4 concern. They completely ignored the cup games, shields, etc. and the fact that his rise had been too fast.

Now, I don't remember the exact information but weren't all these other competitions supposed to count in a positive way?

I have Muller' date=' I am in an european championship. I loaned Muller out in season 14 and he got a concern about been worried on loan. But I Recalled him immediately but since then to now (season 16) he still has the "concern about been loaned out" when he isn't on loan.

So please SM look into this fanks:)

SM Support said: 2011-06-27 11:13:10

Hi -----,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that you are asking for help instead of reporting a bug. Please refer to the Help or the Answer Centre for the answer to your question as they both contain a wealth of information. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

[url']http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=83[/url]

Regards

I assume you're talking about Thomas Muller, who is obviously too good to loan out, so I don't know why you have a problem with him developing a 'loan out' concern. Think about it for a moment: If Bayern Munich were to loan out Muller in real life he would be concerned about that. Obviously that concern wouldn't go away just because he had been recalled to his home club as he would likely be concerned that Bayern might loan him out again. In fact the players agent would probably warn the club that if it happened again he would request a transfer. As players don't have agents in SM consider the loan out concern as equivalent to a warning.

Besides, I don't know what you are upset about because as long as you don't loan him out again then the concern won't escalate. That's not to say that if you don't play him or increase his wages when his rating increases he won't develop those concerns, which when added to the loan out concern, might cumulatively mean he puts in a transfer request.

Is that the reason you want the loan out concern to go away - so that you can loan him out again? Or is it because you have other concerns that are not being met?

I sent a ticket regarding Nigel De Jong a few weeks ago. He was on a level 2 concern (playing time) and jumped to a level 3 and then 4 in less than a month - his latest concern rise came hand in hand with his rise to 92. I checked his stats and he had played about 45% of league games that season but when combined with his cup' date=' shield & SMFA cup appearances he reached a 76% participation.

I sent a bug ticket explaining everything that could be a bug (level 2 to level 4 in less than a month, how the last concern rise coincided with his rating rise, how he had played more than 75% in total) and got an answer 2 days later giving me his league game stats and how that justified his level 4 concern. They completely ignored the cup games, shields, etc. and the fact that his rise had been too fast.

Now, I don't remember the exact information but weren't all these other competitions supposed to count in a positive way?[/quote']

You say he has reached a 76% participation in all competitions, which may be true for the current season but you don't mention how many games he had played in the previous season. Spread over the life of the concern period it seems that you have failed to meet the minimum requirement - which may well be 75%.

I'd suggest you start the player in every available game that his fitness will allow and hope for the best.

You say he has reached a 76% participation in all competitions' date=' which may be true for the current season [b']but you don't mention how many games he had played in the previous season[/b]. Spread over the life of the concern period it seems that you have failed to meet the minimum requirement - which may well be 75%.

I'd suggest you start the player in every available game that his fitness will allow and hope for the best.

I'm fairly certain concerns are only affected by the current season, so say Muller got a 'lack of games' concern in season 1 since he only played 10 games, the next season he would still be on a level 1 concern, but his 'counter' as such would be reset. So if he received the required number of games within the new season before the next review then he should decrease a level

I think the main thing to remember is that 75% isn't a fixed thing, it was just a roundabout estimate given for us to work with, De Jong could well have wanted 80%

I also just noticed this in the help section;

Player concerns are not be affected by SMFA competitions within Standard Game Worlds and Custom Game Worlds.

I'm fairly certain concerns are only affected by the current season' date=' so say Muller got a 'lack of games' concern in season 1 since he only played 10 games, the next season he would still be on a level 1 concern, but his 'counter' as such would be reset. So if he received the required number of games within the new season before the next review then he should decrease a level

I think the main thing to remember is that 75% isn't a fixed thing, it was just a roundabout estimate given for us to work with, De Jong could well have wanted 80%

I also just noticed this in the help section;[/quote']

I don't see how the 'counter' can be reset at the start of a new season otherwise a concern wouldn't escalate at the start of that new season - which definitely happens. See also the reply from SM to the previous poster stating: "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. This is because the player has only featured in 21 out of possible 78 league games over the past two seasons. Therefore they have rightly developed a concern regarding lack of games."

Also your comment from the help section is misleading as it has previously been stated that SMFA competitions do not negatively affect concerns but do count toward offsetting them.

I think it is important that you are sure of your facts before contradicting people on this thread as it leads to even more confusion.

1. I don't see how the 'counter' can be reset at the start of a new season otherwise a concern wouldn't escalate at the start of that new season - which definitely happens. See also the reply from SM to the previous poster stating: "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. This is because the player has only featured in 21 out of possible 78 league games over the past two seasons. Therefore they have rightly developed a concern regarding lack of games."

2. Also your comment from the help section is misleading as it has previously been stated that SMFA competitions do not negatively affect concerns but do count toward offsetting them.

I think it is important that you are sure of your facts before contradicting people on this thread as it leads to even more confusion.

1. Apologies, though I was previously told that the concerns don't role over to a new season, only the level and that each season is a fresh start, so maybe it's been changed.

2. I know that's what I previously thought, I remember the SM dev coming on and saying it, but then the title of this post was changed, "(please read the Online Help if looking for help)" so you would think the help section would be the most up to date info, it would also make sense considering 101's post and reply from the SMFA, stating that De Jong had only played 46% of league games, failing to count the SMFA comp, Cups etc

I'm fairly certain concerns are only affected by the current season' date=' so say Muller got a 'lack of games' concern in season 1 since he only played 10 games, the next season he would still be on a level 1 concern, but his 'counter' as such would be reset. So if he received the required number of games within the new season before the next review then he should decrease a level

I also just noticed this in the help section;[/quote']

i agree with all of that and it is true, but i thought the SMFA games did count unless Teb was wrong ?

maybe somebody could clear this up :(

if not it will make a massive difference to my team.

i thought the SMFA games did count unless Teb was wrong ?

maybe somebody could clear this up :(

if not it will make a massive difference to my team.

Quite the guessing game concerns are.

I was convinced SMFA, Cups & Shield competitions counted in a positive way. But the reply I got from SM only mentioned league appearances.

I also never thought of considering past seasons when making my averages. Speaking of which, what happens when player X who was rated 85 last season (and didn't play because of it) rises by 5 points and automatically becomes a 1st team player for the new season? Will last season's league appearances still matter? And if so, does SM make an average of the games this player expected to play last season with the ones he expects to play in the current one?

p.s. I know the 85 - 90 rise is unrealistic but its purpose is only for arguments sake.