Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

This is the problem with SM.

Feedback and information.

It's virtually impossible to play a game effectively unless you understand the rules. SM is so vague in so many aspects of it's game that my main interest was simply through aquiring risers.

Elements of the game such as concerns shouldn't be a "black art" where we're all guessing what to do. It's the same with tactics, the feedback from games is so pitiful that it's as much a throw of the dice as anything.

I do like SM a lot, but it could do with some real work to turn it into a top quality product. I think they have all the hard stuff right, it's the match engine/system and explaining rules to players that is letting it down.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Quite the guessing game concerns are.

I was convinced SMFA' date=' Cups & Shield competitions counted in a positive way. But the reply I got from SM only mentioned league appearances.

I also never thought of considering past seasons when making my averages. Speaking of which, what happens when player X who was rated 85 last season (and didn't play because of it) rises by 5 points and automatically becomes a 1st team player for the new season? Will last season's league appearances still matter? And if so, does SM make an average of the games this player expected to play last season with the ones he expects to play in the current one?

p.s. I know the 85 - 90 rise is unrealistic but its purpose is only for arguments sake.[/quote']

Great point you made towards rising players games quota, Im gonna use Muller as an example, From June 10 to end of November 10, Muller was 88 rated so maybe wanted 3-4 games a season,

Then he rose straight to a 91 so was maybe expecting 20-25 games, Then rose again to 92 in June 11, So could be expecting 25-35 games, So say i gave him the 20-25 games before he rose to 92 and its in the close season then rises, Would he be landed with a concern straight away because i havent gave him the NEW required amount of games?

Its getting to the point i no longer want to hunt out the risers because as soon as they rise they become concerned!

I went back to page 1 in this thread the other day and it says the main reason for these concerns is to prevent STAR player hogging so whats the point in the wage concerns when there so easy to rectify or whats the deal with the 75 rated player lack of 1st team opportunities concern, How are them concerns stopping STAR player hogging?:confused:

I think SM should stop the big secrecy act and tell its loyal customers more about these extra rules they have added, While i cant stand these concerns im living with them, I would just like to know how to counter them a bit more then just plain guesswork!

I assume you're talking about Thomas Muller' date=' who is obviously too good to loan out, so I don't know why you have a problem with him developing a 'loan out' concern. [b']Think about it for a moment: If Bayern Munich were to loan out Muller in real life he would be concerned about that. Obviously that concern wouldn't go away just because he had been recalled to his home club as he would likely be concerned that Bayern might loan him out again. In fact the players agent would probably warn the club that if it happened again he would request a transfer. As players don't have agents in SM consider the loan out concern as equivalent to a warning.[/b]

Besides, I don't know what you are upset about because as long as you don't loan him out again then the concern won't escalate. That's not to say that if you don't play him or increase his wages when his rating increases he won't develop those concerns, which when added to the loan out concern, might cumulatively mean he puts in a transfer request.

Is that the reason you want the loan out concern to go away - so that you can loan him out again? Or is it because you have other concerns that are not being met?

Sorry Jimmy, but with all due respect I don't think SM have implated your ideas. Well Muller was 91 then and I had the likes of ronaldo,robinho,robben ahead of him in my man u team. So he would be more than happy to go on loan. And BTW this is not real life, so I don't see the point in that as it doesn't explain why Muller would get his concern on SM.

I don't need to loan him out and I doubt that would even happen since his rise. I am just highligting and glitch in the concerns.;)

Sorry Jimmy' date=' but with all due respect I don't think SM have implated your ideas. [b']Well Muller was 91 then and I had the likes of ronaldo,robinho,robben ahead of him in my man u team. So he would be more than happy to go on loan.[/b] And BTW this is not real life, so I don't see the point in that as it doesn't explain why Muller would get his concern on SM.

I don't need to loan him out and I doubt that would even happen since his rise. I am just highligting and glitch in the concerns.;)

Sorry mate I don't mean to be pedantic but I don't think Muller, who after all won the golden boot at the last World Cup, would be happy to play second fiddle to anyone let alone go out on loan! I have him in several of my teams and thankfully with his rise to 92 it's easier to justify giving him extra games to get his concern level down. As for it not being real life: I think concerns are a small step in the direction of making it more realistic.:)

I think SM should stop the big secrecy act and tell its loyal customers more about these extra rules they have added' date=' While i cant stand these concerns im living with them, I would just like to know how to counter them a bit more then just plain guesswork![/quote']

Totally agree with this. I think that SM are in serious danger of alienating even those of us who think that concerns are, in essence, a positive step. A little transparency would go a long way right now.

This is the problem with SM.

Feedback and information.

It's virtually impossible to play a game effectively unless you understand the rules. SM is so vague in so many aspects of it's game that my main interest was simply through aquiring risers.

Elements of the game such as concerns shouldn't be a "black art" where we're all guessing what to do. It's the same with tactics' date=' the feedback from games is so pitiful that it's as much a throw of the dice as anything.

I do like SM a lot, but it could do with some real work to turn it into a top quality product. I think they have all the hard stuff right, it's the match engine/system and explaining rules to players that is letting it down.[/quote']

Couldn't agree with you less.

1) This is a free game

2) It's really popular, if it was so bad people would flock to some other game.

3) You want it to be MORE explicit? If it was more explicit it would become more boring as some people would sit with a calculator and work out the best way to do everything and post it on a forum, then everyone could see the exact method for success and it would take massively away from the unpredictability of it all. The fact that it is somewhat of a black art is a GOOD thing. I think they've done an amazing job.

As for concerns I'm tired of reading people complain about them, they are absolutely not strict enough as soccermanager clubs are still much, much bigger than real life clubs, and players aren't requesting moves fast enough.

Fair enough but the whole squad size argument has been done to death and it's clear that SM will never go that route. Hence my frustration which may have spilled over into my post.:)

No problem good sir, - I was just taking the proverbial... ;)

you are right there' date=' risers etc would not be able to be hoarded. but if you see peoples opinion on this forum half of the fun is searching for risers, many of which become talents. eg i bought varane as a riser for game time: now look at him.

it would make player hogging more difficult, but its an attraction of the game to prevent people getting bored.

therefore, other options and routes to the problem must be sought after. make sense? your right, but enjoyment of the game is a big deal, obviously.

his game time concern may go down, but his loan concern will cause him to leave. a level 2 game time, level 4 loan will cause him to leave.

i cant remember the exact figure but something like concerns adding to 6/7 will cause the player to leave, even if no concern is individually at 5.

use the search tool to find the exact number, it is either 6 or 7 i think :)

in my experience as you may see before, loan concerns take FOREVER to go down. fletcher and co were loaned out last season, still concerned.

loan concerns go down way, way slower than game time. they deveolp very quickly too. valencia for me is 4th choice, but he got loan concern after............0 games.

loaned him out in a wed/ thurs or something, 2 days later loan concern came in.

they come quickly, and take forever to go. if you loaned them out for a season level 4 concern, if not 5 would be very very likely for any half decent player.

it means you can loan players out for maybe 4/5 games a season tops. to do small clubs a favour in play offs, cups and smfa games etc.

it isnt a way around player hogging and Sm dealt with it as such.

you would be right, but thats exactly why SM have said they wont realise exact numbers of games needed to get concerns to go down etc.

it would be too easy to do this: as it stands loans are very poor at keeping concerns down except for the sub 89 rated players at the very most.[/quote']

No, that seems fair enough. I had noticed in some game worlds that most players with high level concerns were players who were concerned with being out on loan and had been taken off, and players who were concerned about playing time but were out on loan - it'll just take a while (or extremely good management) for things to be put right.

I'll stop complaining now ;)

Cheers...

Well SM if you are bothered to look at the league games you would know I bought sanchez at the back of last season and so you can't put the "...78 games" thing. Next thing "Sorry your player has played 22 out of 116 games' date='":rolleyes:

I just feel SM are just looking for excuses , rather than admitting a mistake.

BTW whats with the CLOSE THE TICKET thing?[/quote']

You are being picky, Looks like the concern system is being smart enough here to know you are trying to dupe it. This simulates the player being "intelligent" enough to know that you are only playing him because he is concerned, and he will be sidelined as soon as his concern goes.

As in real life, a player of his quality with that many players ahead of him at a club WOULD want to leave.

1) This is a free game

2) It's really popular' date=' if it was so bad people would flock to some other game.

3) You want it to be MORE explicit? If it was more explicit it would become more boring as some people would sit with a calculator and work out the best way to do everything and post it on a forum, then everyone could see the exact method for success and it would take massively away from the unpredictability of it all. The fact that it is somewhat of a black art is a GOOD thing. I think they've done an amazing job.

As for concerns I'm tired of reading people complain about them, they are absolutely not strict enough as soccermanager clubs are still much, much bigger than real life clubs, and players aren't requesting moves fast enough.[/quote']

I never said it was terrible - just outlining where it could be improved upon.

Tactics/Game engine is an issue, I think most players would agree with me. There's a lot of things you can do with your team, but there's so little feedback that you don't know how to work on it for the next game.

There should be an element of luck and hidden info - but not to the point we're you're just shooting in the dark.

On topic - how are you supposed to manage player concerns if you're not given the rules? I don't need or want to know exact numbers - but you have to be told which competitions positively and negatively effect concerns. Otherwise it's just silly. A young 90 rated player, say Walcott, who played in every cup competition and european game plus 25%-50% of league matches in real life would be happy - in this game he might demand to leave.

I for one can't effectively play a game unless I understand the rules.

I'd struggle to play chess if I didn't know how the pieces moved. :rolleyes:

As for concerns I'm tired of reading people complain about them, they are absolutely not strict enough as soccermanager clubs are still much, much bigger than real life clubs, and players aren't requesting moves fast enough.

Also, I'd agree with you here.

Soccermanager clubs are bigger than real life - but this is not because of the concerns being leniant (they're not). Squads need to be bigger in Soccermanager because players cannot play games as frequently as real life. Most players can play two league games and a cup game in 8 days (not EVERY 8 days though). You need more players simply to have a fit 11.

1) This is a free game

2) It's really popular' date=' if it was so bad people would flock to some other game.

[b']

As for concerns I'm tired of reading people complain about them, they are absolutely not strict enough as soccermanager clubs are still much, much bigger than real life clubs, and players aren't requesting moves fast enough.[/b]

Once again not the size of squads that SM have concerns targeting it's the quality of players, concerns are only in place to limit star hogging, not to stop people from having massive squads of U21 risers, or even from stopping them having a decent player as backup for each position, it's purely here to stop one club from having all the best players, to provide a more even spread of the top players throughout the other teams. Personally I think concerns are fine as is, I can't think of anything I would change about concerns, I would definitely not speed them up or make them more strict, they progress along at an ideal pace at the moment, approx two and a half months or around fourteen league games, and seem to be more then strict enough, I myself have noticed them starting to have an effect on the larger squads filled with good talented players, I my having my own difficulties in my less cared for teams, not to a massive extent but it means I now have to spend a little extra time selecting tactics ensuring my players are getting adequate game time, concerns have even forced me to start selling a few good players and considering my squad, properly, because I'm one of those guys that love solving a problem, I have whipped out the calculator and tried to find a perfect balance of players, so that I can keep them all happy

Sorry mate I don't mean to be pedantic but I don't think Muller' date=' who after all won the golden boot at the last World Cup, would be happy to play second fiddle to anyone let alone go out on loan![/b'] I have him in several of my teams and thankfully with his rise to 92 it's easier to justify giving him extra games to get his concern level down. As for it not being real life: I think concerns are a small step in the direction of making it more realistic.:)

If only they could implent that into the game, but no they didn't. Unless there is something they are not telling us?:confused:

You are being picky' date=' Looks like the concern system is being smart enough here to know you are trying to dupe it. This simulates the player being "intelligent" enough to know that you are only playing him because he is concerned, and he will be sidelined as soon as his concern goes.

As in real life, a player of his quality with that many players ahead of him at a club WOULD want to leave.[/quote']

To be honest mate, it seems that you have only read one of my messages, so a quick recap:

1) I had him on loan

2) He got his concern on loan

3)I recalled him straight after he first got his loan concern.

4)He has had is LOAN concern 2 season almost going to 3 now(ec)

5)The second line in your first paragraph whats with the "This simulates the player being "intelligent" enough..." Since when did SM start to implant pro intelligence?:confused:

How am I dumping it, I recalled a player from loan, 2 seasons ago but he still has his concern, not sure if that picky ah,B)

How often does a player get reviewed?

Bale in my setup played 9 games in the last 2 seasons and has been like this since 29th of april:

Concerned about his lack of games (Major Concern)

Level 4 (Date: 29 April 2011)

Wants an increase in wages (Concerned)

Level 2 (Date: 29 April 2011)

Expect him to put in a transfer request soon.

Sorry for bumping this after 20 days, but can anyone tell me the maximum time between two concern reviews.

Bale didn't play for almost 3 months, and his concerns are unchanged since the 29th of april (the same counts for the rest of his squad)

My team has been reviewed twice since.. :o

Sorry for bumping this after 20 days' date=' but can anyone tell me the maximum time between two concern reviews.

Bale didn't play for almost 3 months, and his concerns are unchanged since the 29th of april (the same counts for the rest of his squad)

My team has been reviewed twice since.. :o[/quote']

I'm surprised that he hasn't been re-assessed by now. I think you'll just have to be patient though:)

I'm surprised that he hasn't been re-assessed by now. I think you'll just have to be patient though:)

I guess' date=' but I'm not the patient kind of type :P

The guy is hoarding young talent like there's no tomorrow ([i']which shouldn't be too unfamiliar to you either, ssht WC1 ;)[/i]), and keeps getting away with it somehow.

The guy is hoarding young talent like there's no tomorrow (which shouldn't be too unfamiliar to you either' date=' ssht WC1 ;)[/b']), and keeps getting away with it somehow.

I don't hoard talent I nurture it:cool:

Re: Riferimento: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

wich is the best dm?

dilva jucilei

gary medel

charles kaboré

loic perrin

patricio arraujo

who can rise in little time?

This post is in the wrong place, please delete it and post on the advice thread.

Anyone else noticed the little green/red arrows next to the player concern numbers are gone' date=' I cant tell if they've gone up or down a concern or is it just my computer?:confused:[/quote']

Are these players still displayed in your 'Concerned' tab?

If a player's concern is reduced to 0 he will (along with the arrows :P) disappear from the aforementioned tab.

Are these players still displayed in your 'Concerned' tab?

If a player's concern is reduced to 0 he will (along with the arrows :P) disappear from the aforementioned tab.

Yes mate my players still have level 1/2 concerns, Just the little arrow that shows whether concern has gone up or down has gone, I noticed it a couple of days ago was just hoping it righted itself.

Yes mate my players still have level 1/2 concerns' date=' Just the little arrow that shows whether concern has gone up or down has gone, I noticed it a couple of days ago was just hoping it righted itself.[/quote']

Sorry just had another check, On the actual page for player concerns the arrows are there, It is on the player profile pop up that the arrows are gone.

Sorry just had another check' date=' On the actual page for player concerns the arrows are there, It is on the player profile pop up that the arrows are gone.[/quote']

Sounds like a bug. SM should fix in no time but in the case it remains these next few days, I suggest you file a bug report.