Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Just in case anyone wanted to know, In one of my game worlds there is a player that has forced a transfer request for multiple concerns, He is on a level 4 game time concern and a level 3 wage concern, So it seems that the concerns don't have to add up to 5 when its multiple as i read on here previously.

Just in case anyone wanted to know' date=' In one of my game worlds there is a player that has forced a transfer request for multiple concerns, He is on a level 4 game time concern and a level 3 wage concern, So it seems that the concerns don't have to add up to 5 when its multiple as i read on here previously.[/quote']

i read on here it has to go upto 7 as a total before they request a leave.

* Players develop concerns over a period of time for a variety of reasons;

* If you do not deal with their concerns then they will eventually demand a transfer and leave;

I strogly disagree on the way concerns are handled at the moment. I'm noticing an unjustified increase of unhappiness among my players and this won't allow me to menage my team properly. The game clearly requests you to have two starting 11s to afford league and national/international cups' date=' but the concerns system is not considering this and I keep getting complains from the players who are actually playing [u']every single cup game[/u]. Is the system really considering cup games when dealing with concerns? I'm starting to doubt so. Under these conditions, how am I supposed to build a competitive team? In GC 61 I'm managing Le Mans. I got three good wingers: Gervinho (90), Hazard (91) and Sidney Sam (89), who is my third choice on that position. If you look at his season statistics, you can notice that this season Sam played 10 league games, 6 national cup games and 5 SMFA cup games. How can he possibily be at a level 2 concern?!?

I suppose the problem is that the system is not counting the cup games, because if you look at his "Career statistics" it says that this season he played only 10 games, which is not exact because it's counting only his league games on the statistic.

Other example. A month ago I took over a Juventus in GC 30. I got Sissoko and Del Piero complaining about not getting any game time. Fine. Since I managed this team, they played every single league game, and guess what? Yesterday they've both risen to a level 2 concern. How can this be possible? I really think that the player concerns system must be reconsidered, because at this moment it's not really linked to the real player stats. I'm fine with concerns, that's a realistic problem, but the game must give us some instrument to fight against it, because at the moment we're simply powerless (and by the way, realistically, a concerned player should refuse to sign a new contract and leave when the contract expires. Forcing himself into transfer list is just not fair).

Thanks for your attention.

Stefano

I strogly disagree on the way concerns are handled at the moment. I'm noticing an unjustified increase of unhappiness among my players and this won't allow me to menage my team properly. The game clearly requests you to have two starting 11s to afford league and national/international cups' date=' but the concerns system is not considering this and I keep getting complains from the players who are actually playing [u']every single cup game[/u]. Is the system really considering cup games when dealing with concerns? I'm starting to doubt so. Under these conditions, how am I supposed to build a competitive team? In GC 61 I'm managing Le Mans. I got three good wingers: Gervinho (90), Hazard (91) and Sidney Sam (89), who is my third choice on that position. If you look at his season statistics, you can notice that this season Sam played 10 league games, 6 national cup games and 5 SMFA cup games. How can he possibily be at a level 2 concern?!?

I suppose the problem is that the system is not counting the cup games, because if you look at his "Career statistics" it says that this season he played only 10 games, which is not exact because it's counting only his league games on the statistic.

Other example. A month ago I took over a Juventus in GC 30. I got Sissoko and Del Piero complaining about not getting any game time. Fine. Since I managed this team, they played every single league game, and guess what? Yesterday they've both risen to a level 2 concern. How can this be possible? I really think that the player concerns system must be reconsidered, because at this moment it's not really linked to the real player stats. I'm fine with concerns, that's a realistic problem, but the game must give us some instrument to fight against it, because at the moment we're simply powerless (and by the way, realistically, a concerned player should refuse to sign a new contract and leave when the contract expires. Forcing himself into transfer list is just not fair).

Thanks for your attention.

Stefano

Apparently SM take 2 seasons into account when reviewing player concerns - At least that's what SM Support allude to in their answer to a ticket I submitted. So If Del Piero & Sissoko are deemed first teamer by your chairman, they will need 75% of those games to reduce their concern. Perhaps all these games they've played aren't enough for their average to reach 75%. A second choice player will expect somewhere around 50% of participation or so I've read.

Teb has let us know that Cup, Shield & SMFA competitions are taken into account as a 'bonus' of sorts. This means that those games will only count in a positive way - No player will get concerned about missing them but it will count as a league game in the stats.

I do agree with you when it comes to the fact that you need two teams to be able to cope with all competitions & I suggested fitness as something SM could tweak to avoid this situation. Other than that, concerns are a great addition to the game IMO; They would be better if we had some sort of clear parameter to determine how they work.

Apparently SM take 2 seasons into account when reviewing player concerns - At least that's what SM Support allude to in their answer to a ticket I submitted. So If Del Piero & Sissoko are deemed first teamer by your chairman' date=' they will need 75% of those games to reduce their concern. Perhaps all these games they've played aren't enough for their average to reach 75%. A second choice player will expect somewhere around 50% of participation or so I've read.

Teb has let us know that Cup, Shield & SMFA competitions are taken into account as a 'bonus' of sorts. This means that those games will only count in a positive way - No player will get concerned about missing them but it will count as a league game in the stats.

I do agree with you when it comes to the fact that you need two teams to be able to cope with all competitions & I suggested fitness as something SM could tweak to avoid this situation. Other than that, concerns are a great addition to the game IMO; They would be better if we had some sort of clear parameter to determine how they work.[/quote']

Yes they tried that same trick with me, although I only bought sanchez at the end of the LAST SEASON. They say he has played 21/76(at that time):rolleyes:

And he has played 22 games now, and he is on concern 3.With rooney,ronaldo,higuain,cavani and add pedro if you want to, all ahead of him. Explain that to me sm.

Apparently SM take 2 seasons into account when reviewing player concerns

I didn't know this, but then we have another problem. I noticed that a lot of players starts concerning when their rating rises. For example: in GC 41 I manage Hibernian. Pablo Osvaldo is my third choice as a striker (after Matri and Doumbia) and when his rating grew to 88 he almost immediately started showing corcerns for not getting game time (he was playing every cup game, anyway). The problem is that now that he's rated 88 he can complain about not playing much, but the concern refers to the last two seasons, when he was rated 87 and he couldn't compete with Matri and Doumbia for a place in the starting 11. I think that concerns only affects the highest rated players of the squad, but their concerns should start developing when their rating is actually high. This can't be retroactive, affecting a period of time when their rating was too low to allow them to fight for a place in the starting 11, am I right?

I didn't know this' date=' but then we have another problem. I noticed that a lot of players starts concerning when their rating rises. For example: in GC 41 I manage Hibernian. Pablo Osvaldo is my third choice as a striker (after Matri and Doumbia) and when his rating grew to 88 he almost immediately started showing corcerns for not getting game time (he was playing every cup game, anyway). The problem is that now that he's rated 88 he can complain about not playing much, but the concern refers to the last two seasons, when he was rated 87 and he couldn't compete with Matri and Doumbia for a place in the starting 11. I think that concerns only affects the highest rated players of the squad, but their concerns should start developing when their rating is actually high. This can't be retroactive, affecting a period of time when their rating was too low to allow them to fight for a place in the starting 11, am I right?[/quote']

I've always worked on the assumption that concerns do indeed roll over. However I think the situation you allude to is not that concerns on a rising player are retroactive but that they commence as soon as a player rises to a trigger point that makes him competitive in that team. This doesn't necessarily mean that he has to be the highest rated just similarly rated - I suspect age might also be a factor here.

I just quit two of my teams after 375 games managed

i just cant keep up with the concerns and my teams aint that big (av 26 players + youth). I had a serious drop in performance in all my leagues because i have to play 90 rated instead of the 94-95 first team. plus concerns never seem to drop, only increase increase...

sm used to be fun now its just stressing :(

I didn't know this' date=' but then we have another problem. I noticed that a lot of players starts concerning when their rating rises. For example: in GC 41 I manage Hibernian. Pablo Osvaldo is my third choice as a striker (after Matri and Doumbia) and when his rating grew to 88 he almost immediately started showing corcerns for not getting game time (he was playing every cup game, anyway). The problem is that now that he's rated 88 he can complain about not playing much, but the concern refers to the last two seasons, when he was rated 87 and he couldn't compete with Matri and Doumbia for a place in the starting 11. I think that concerns only affects the highest rated players of the squad, but their concerns should start developing when their rating is actually high. This can't be retroactive, affecting a period of time when their rating was too low to allow them to fight for a place in the starting 11, am I right?[/quote']

I have asked this myself and have gotten no answer. Players DO seem to get concerns as soon as their rating increases. I read somewhere in this thread that this was going to be looked at by SM but I'm not sure if it has or hasn't. I can only guess that a player that went from 87 -> 89, will now expect to have been played like an 89 in the past 2 seasons. This could represent a big problem when it comes to raising his participation average to an acceptable %.

I've always worked on the assumption that concerns do indeed roll over. However I think the situation you allude to is not that concerns on a rising player are retroactive but that they commence as soon as a player rises to a trigger point that makes him competitive in that team. This doesn't necessarily mean that he has to be the highest rated just similarly rated - I suspect age might also be a factor here.

You might be right. However' date=' having to reach a certain number of games to reach an X% just because your player has risen & therefore commenced to get concerns isn't really fair.

If a player with no previous concerns has a rating increase, I think that a fresh start in his playing time statistics should be granted; This regarding only concerns. If Schmelzer was happy with 10 games a season as an 89, you cannot pretend that because he is now a 90 (and therefore deemed 1st team player) he is now concerned about the playing time he got as a 89.

i just cant keep up with the concerns and my teams aint that big (av 26 players + youth). I had a serious drop in performance in all my leagues because i have to play 90 rated instead of the 94-95 first team. plus concerns never seem to drop, only increase increase...

sm used to be fun now its just stressing :(

I've learned to live with concerns & to manage them with fairly large squads. To be fair, concerns did cause major transfer-market-movements in many game worlds and they got better because of it. You just can't expect to play the game like you did before concerns came along. Rotation is a MUST, specially for teams with 20+ good players. Using cups & substitutions to your favor will get you out of trouble for the most part.

Coming up next' date=' PLAYER DESIRE CONCERN. Which is when a player wants to move from your club to play for another team he wants to, e.g fabregas to Barcelona.:D[/quote']

Adebayor has handed a Transfer Request because he misses Mourinho and has a desire to play for Real Madrid :P

I have asked this myself and have gotten no answer. Players DO seem to get concerns as soon as their rating increases. I read somewhere in this thread that this was going to be looked at by SM but I'm not sure if it has or hasn't. I can only guess that a player that went from 87 -> 89' date=' will now expect to have been played like an 89 in the past 2 seasons. This could represent a big problem when it comes to raising his participation average to an acceptable %.[/quote']

I think you're right and I think it's not fair that a rating increase affects the player concerns. A manager should be able to deal with player concerns considering their actual rating, not the one of two season ago, when the player wasn't good enough to request a certain amount of game time. Another problem is that it doesn't seem right to me that a manger is forced to deal with concerns developed by the previous manager. i was saying in my previous post that I just took over a Juventus in GC 30 and I have to face a lot of concern incerasing from players I use all the time, because they were not getting game time with the previous manager. This is just unrealistic, because for example I'm now getting complaints from Fucile, who has been an undisputed starter during my management, but he developed a concern because he considered the previous season, when he wasn't playing much. How is this possible? I really hope somebody is looking into this, because the player concern system must be reformed urgently, in my opinion. A player should start developing concerns from the date of his last rating increase and concerns should be erased when a new manager arrives.

I think you're right and I think it's not fair that a rating increase affects the player concerns. A manager should be able to deal with player concerns considering their actual rating' date=' not the one of two season ago, when the player wasn't good enough to request a certain amount of game time. Another problem is that it doesn't seem right to me that a manger is forced to deal with concerns developed by the previous manager. i was saying in my previous post that I just took over a Juventus in GC 30 and I have to face a lot of concern incerasing from players I use all the time, because they were not getting game time with the previous manager. This is just unrealistic, because for example I'm now getting complaints from Fucile, who has been an undisputed starter during my management, but he developed a concern because he considered the previous season, when he wasn't playing much. How is this possible? I really hope somebody is looking into this, because the player concern system must be reformed urgently, in my opinion. A player should start developing concerns from the date of his last rating increase and concerns should be erased when a new manager arrives.[/quote']

concerns cant be erased when a person leaves a club otherwise cheats would just do that, and re-take over clubs to avoid concerns. its been said before

i just cant keep up with the concerns and my teams aint that big (av 26 players + youth). I had a serious drop in performance in all my leagues because i have to play 90 rated instead of the 94-95 first team. plus concerns never seem to drop' date=' only increase increase...

sm used to be fun now its just stressing :([/quote']

Yes, that really sucks, it happened to me too, I had to put Iniesta on the bench because Pastore was concerned about his lake of games, and it is not only Iniesta, as also Khedira for Busquete, Lennon for Ribery, Hummels for chiellini, and ansaldi for Marcelo, and since I but the righ rating on the bench to give the unhappy one chance to play, and to get rid of being concerned, I went from 2th place to 11th place, and they still being concerned, and Iniesta, Pique, Chiellini just concerned too. The only way to get rid of this problem is buy quit playing SM, and get a PS3 and a Pro Evolution lolx

Player concerns is ruining our fun, and give as to much o stress, I had to put Iniesta on the bench because Pastore was concerned about his lake of games, and it is not only Iniesta, as also Khedira for Busquete, Lennon for Ribery, Hummels for chiellini, and ansaldi for Marcelo, and since I but the righ rating on the bench to give the unhappy one chance to play, and to get rid of being concerned, I went from 2th place to 11th place, and they still being concerned, and Iniesta, Pique, Chiellini just concerned too. The only way to get rid of this problem is buy quit playing SM, and get a PS3 and a Pro Evolution lolx

Yes' date=' that really sucks, it happened to me too, I had to put Iniesta on the bench because Pastore was concerned about his lake of games, and it is not only Iniesta, as also Khedira for Busquete, Lennon for Ribery, Hummels for chiellini, and ansaldi for Marcelo, and since I but the righ rating on the bench to give the unhappy one chance to play, and to get rid of being concerned, I went from 2th place to 11th place, and they still being concerned, and Iniesta, Pique, Chiellini just concerned too. The only way to get rid of this problem is buy quit playing SM, and get a PS3 and a Pro Evolution lolx[/quote']
Player concerns is ruining our fun' date=' and give as to much o stress, I had to put Iniesta on the bench because Pastore was concerned about his lake of games, and it is not only Iniesta, as also Khedira for Busquete, Lennon for Ribery, Hummels for chiellini, and ansaldi for Marcelo, and since I but the righ rating on the bench to give the unhappy one chance to play, and to get rid of being concerned, I went from 2th place to 11th place, and they still being concerned, and Iniesta, Pique, Chiellini just concerned too. The only way to get rid of this problem is buy quit playing SM, and get a PS3 and a Pro Evolution lolx[/quote']

Why didn't you just sell the concerned players? They were obviously not too important to your squad, hence the lack of playing time.

The whole idea behind 'concerns' is to get managers like you to stop buying/keeping unnecessary players. So if you would rather quit SM & play PS3 then do it. Your gameworld & SM is better off without you.

concerns cant be erased when a person leaves a club otherwise cheats would just do that' date=' and re-take over clubs to avoid concerns. its been said before[/quote']

Ok, so to avoid cheating you punish all the fair people, by imposing a totally unrealistic and unfair aspect of the game? This is the wrong way to look for a solution, because you're just adding a problem to solve a problem. Why should I be punished for the mistakes of a previous manager? I just don't get this. I take over a club, a use a player in every possible game, and he starts developing a concern against me for not getting enough game time? Can you seriously admit that this is fair or meaningful? This is just wrong and unrealistic and everybody would understand that. I think that Gold managers are actually paying the price for the behaviours of some managers of the Un-gold Game Worlds. because a lot of the problems that they're trying to solve through the PLayer Concern System, are typical of Ungold game worlds. In a Gold GM you just can't abandon a club and be sure to easily re-take it over. Also, you can't build a squad with 50 90+ players. It just won't happen. What could happen in a Gold GM is that a manager should be able to build a squad of 30 86-88 rated players, hoping that this will drive him to have one day a squad of 10-15 90 rated players out of it. This is the way I use to interpret this game, but now with too many unjustified concerns from players I just no longer see the point of scouting for talented players, because I know I won't be able to keep them.

Ok' date=' so to avoid cheating you punish all the fair people, by imposing a totally unrealistic and unfair aspect of the game? This is the wrong way to look for a solution, because you're just adding a problem to solve a problem. Why should I be punished for the mistakes of a previous manager? I just don't get this. I take over a club, a use a player in every possible game, and he starts developing a concern against me for not getting enough game time? Can you seriously admit that this is fair or meaningful? This is just wrong and unrealistic and everybody would understand that. I think that Gold managers are actually paying the price for the behaviours of some managers of the Un-gold Game Worlds. because a lot of the problems that they're trying to solve through the PLayer Concern System, are typical of Ungold game worlds. In a Gold GM you just can't abandon a club and be sure to easily re-take it over. Also, you can't build a squad with 50 90+ players. It just won't happen. What could happen in a Gold GM is that a manager should be able to build a squad of 30 86-88 rated players, hoping that this will drive him to have one day a squad of 10-15 90 rated players out of it. This is the way I use to interpret this game, but now with too many unjustified concerns from players I just no longer see the point of scouting for talented players, because I know I won't be able to keep them.[/quote']

there are thousands of clubs available.

tell me why you can't just join or reserve one of them instead?

if your not happy take over any other team. nobody is making you.

also look at daglish, the player has a problem not just with the manager, but the entire club and playing staff. torres still left because of that reason.

and do what you say and cancel concerns each time, you would get people moaning about cheating instead. people are never happy. why don't you come up with a good suggestion for how to prevent the cheating then maybe SM will listen to you.

it isnt upto me to do anything :) i don't care :)

No there are not. I only play in Gold Championships and there are not that many good club to be joined. Plus, I thought I was free to choose the club I prefer and there's no reason why I shouldn't (I brought up Juventus as an example, do you seriously think you can take over a Juventus squad in a Gold GW whenever you want?). Player concerns can't force you to join a club instead of another, what's the fun in this?

if your not happy take over any other team. nobody is making you.

also look at daglish' date=' the player has a problem not just with the manager, but the entire club and playing staff. torres still left because of that reason.

and do what you say and cancel concerns each time, you would get people moaning about cheating instead. people are never happy. why don't you come up with a good suggestion for how to prevent the cheating then maybe SM will listen to you.

it isnt upto me to do anything :) i don't care :)[/quote']

No there are not. I only play in Gold Championships and there are not that many good club to be joined. Plus' date=' I thought I was free to choose the club I prefer and there's no reason why I shouldn't (I brought up Juventus as an example, do you seriously think you can take over a Juventus squad in a Gold GW whenever you want?). Player concerns can't force you to join a club instead of another, what's the fun in this?[/quote']

I have to agree with RIY here. Player concerns are enforced and calculated by using stats - Reseting stats every time a manager quits a team would be close to impossible to do. Take your situation to real life; A player that's concerned about his lack of games, salary, lack of opportunities or being loaned out will still have those concerns if a new manager is appointed.

The ratio of Non-Gold Managers to Gold Managers is about 22 to 1 - So as hard as it maybe for you to quit & re-manage Juventus in a GC, it's considerably easier for 22 other managers to do just that if it meant their concerns were to go away - Hence the cheating debate.

Coming up next' date=' PLAYER DESIRE CONCERN. Which is when a player wants to move from your club to play for another team he wants to, e.g fabregas to Barcelona.:D[/quote']

Very realistic idea. :D Clubs could use unsettling tactics.

I agree player concerns are good for the game (makes it more interesting) but the player concerns due to not getting enough games is far too strict. I've got players in my team playing 15-20 games for me so far (still a lot of games to go) and they're unhappy with that? Fair enough maybe under 10 apps or whatever..

Also got players who have only just signed new contracts and a week or 2 later they are unhappy with wages?

Certainly needs some improvement.

The ratio of Non-Gold Managers to Gold Managers is about 22 to 1 - So as hard as it maybe for you to quit & re-manage Juventus in a GC' date=' it's considerably easier for 22 other managers to do just that if it meant their concerns were to go away - Hence the cheating debate.[/quote']

I see the point, but I think that the game should have different settings for Non-Gold and Gold GW. They're two far differents environments and they cannot go by the same rules and settings.

I see the point' date=' but I think that the game should have different settings for Non-Gold and Gold GW. They're two far differents environments and they cannot go by the same rules and settings.[/quote']

that is a good suggestion or plausable at least:

the chances of cheats taking over teams in GC are lower, but it is still possible.

as i said, if measures can be made to ensure that cheating dosn't occur your desire could be met.

on the other hand regardless of the manager that comes in, a 6th choice forward will always become concerned.

if your a small team wanting a suarez behind messi, rooney, eto and pato then the manager quits and a new manager takes over, it is not cheating but still annoying.

there is nothing the new manager can do in this situation to prevent concerns. but you'll have to wait potentially another year before being able to buy the player. very frustrating. teams have managers quit all the time, it means concerns would never really take effect for some teams.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that annoys me is that when we get that 'report message' that tells us some players have gone up in concerns, it doesn't register as a new club message, and so we don't get notifications on the home page.

Sometimes I don't bother checking a club if there are no messages/games, and its kind of easy to miss. Would make it harder to miss if they registered as club messages and you got the notifications imo. Or maybe its just me.

Edit: Also, I've just seen someone go down in concerns for the wage demands :confused:, the wage they were at was pretty similar to the one they were demanding, and it is the start of the new season, so they probably got auto-offered new contracts, but surely the concern should go completely?

I have Julian Draxler (80) concerned about his lack of games even though ahead of him in the pecking order is Ramires, Janssen, Amalfinato (spelling?), Mariga and Gustavo... I don't quite understand why he is expecting games at this stage of his career with so many other much higher rated players in front of him.

I have began bringing him on in the 75th minute of games to try and reduce his concern - does this actually work? Not read too much into the concerns to be honest as it had never really affected me too much as I tend to have pretty small squads anyway as I like to keep my finances in order week to week with gate receipts, tv money etc in line with wages.