Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

I have Julian Draxler (80) concerned about his lack of games even though ahead of him in the pecking order is Ramires' date=' Janssen, Amalfinato (spelling?), Mariga and Gustavo... I don't quite understand why he is expecting games at this stage of his career with so many other much higher rated players in front of him.

I have began bringing him on in the 75th minute of games to try and reduce his concern - [b']does this actually work[/b]? Not read too much into the concerns to be honest as it had never really affected me too much as I tend to have pretty small squads anyway as I like to keep my finances in order week to week with gate receipts, tv money etc in line with wages.

It does but takes a while. Once it does not cost you games-should be fine mate. Maybe you should have him shipped to Arsenal -since we tend to play youngsters :o

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

I don't really understand how the player concerns are worked out & i'm finding it crippling to be able to manage my teams because of the structure it seems to be based on...

One of my leagues is only 12 games into the season yet a handful of players have gone up a level already, which admittedly is beyond 25% of the season so equates to the players not being able to fulfill a criteria of 75% of games...

However, seeing as there are only 26 more league games to play, even if i played these players whom have concerns, they still will not fill the 75% games played requirement so will inevitably increase concern levels...

So even if said players are actually playing every league game since becoming concerned, with any additional concern level increase they amass between now & the end of the season results in a punishment twice for what should theoretically be only one misdemeanour...In essence raising concern level more than once for not fulfilling one requirement...

I could understand if a level was risen once a season through the playing criteria not being met, but it appears that this is clearly not the case & there is some sort of programming equation which isn't taking the possibility of fulfilling certain criteria into account...

I am a manager who does practice squad rotation on a regular basis & this seems to be backfiring on me as it could mean that more of my players are not filling the criteria in my attempt to try to give more of my players game time...This is making not only large squads unfeasible to manage, but also the smaller squads too...So if anyone has any advice as to how i can stop players from levels rising without forcing them into the first team for every single game endlessly once they aquire one raised concern level then please let me know, i'd be very grateful...

One other point i don't fully understand is the concern of players being out on loan...I'm sure many managers & football fans will agree that generally that in real life football it is a players desire to go out on loan if he is not being played in the first team of his current club, as he generally wants to play first team football regularly in an effort to show his current manager of his ability & is more prominent that being happy warming the bench...If anything any concern about going out on loan is 'before' going out on loan...

The level of concern increase with regards to the loans also seems to be 'out of sync'...

Having started to manage teams from the fourth division in an attempt to take them to the top, i've relied on loaning in players from other teams to improve my squad on the up, so i certainly don't want to leave other managers in the lurch by recalling players before a season is up simply because of player concerns...

I play fair & show other managers respect in this way as i would like to be treated...

Having only read a handful of pages in this 100page thread, i do hope the devs look into the concerns members have expressed in the hope they can be improved in some way to help make things more managable, as the way it is now it seems all managers are being forced into a squad of 11 players which is not only unfair & unrealistic, it's also frustrating & spoiling the game for me...

Devs don't have to bin the idea of player concerns, but hopefully they can make it more reasonable, more managable & therefore more enjoyable for all managers of any size squad in any league...

I don't really understand how the player concerns are worked out & i'm finding it crippling to be able to manage my teams because of the structure it seems to be based on...

One of my leagues is only 12 games into the season yet a handful of players have gone up a level already' date=' which admittedly is beyond 25% of the season so equates to the players not being able to fulfill a criteria of 75% of games...

However, seeing as there are only 26 more league games to play, even if i played these players whom have concerns, they still will not fill the 75% games played requirement so will inevitably increase concern levels...

So even if said players are actually playing every league game since becoming concerned, with any additional concern level increase they amass between now & the end of the season results in a punishment twice for what should theoretically be only one misdemeanour...In essence raising concern level more than once for not fulfilling one requirement...

I could understand if a level was risen once a season through the playing criteria not being met, but it appears that this is clearly not the case & there is some sort of programming equation which isn't taking the possibility of fulfilling certain criteria into account...

I am a manager who does practice squad rotation on a regular basis & this seems to be backfiring on me as it could mean that more of my players are not filling the criteria in my attempt to try to give more of my players game time...This is making not only large squads unfeasible to manage, but also the smaller squads too...So if anyone has any advice as to how i can stop players from levels rising without forcing them into the first team for every single game endlessly once they aquire one raised concern level then please let me know, i'd be very grateful...

One other point i don't fully understand is the concern of players being out on loan...I'm sure many managers & football fans will agree that generally that in real life football it is a players desire to go out on loan if he is not being played in the first team of his current club, as he generally wants to play first team football regularly in an effort to show his current manager of his ability & is more prominent that being happy warming the bench...If anything any concern about going out on loan is 'before' going out on loan...

The level of concern increase with regards to the loans also seems to be 'out of sync'...

Having started to manage teams from the fourth division in an attempt to take them to the top, i've relied on loaning in players from other teams to improve my squad on the up, so i certainly don't want to leave other managers in the lurch by recalling players before a season is up simply because of player concerns...

I play fair & show other managers respect in this way as i would like to be treated...

Having only read a handful of pages in this 100page thread, i do hope the devs look into the concerns members have expressed in the hope they can be improved in some way to help make things more managable, as the way it is now it seems all managers are being forced into a squad of 11 players which is not only unfair & unrealistic, it's also frustrating & spoiling the game for me...

Devs don't have to bin the idea of player concerns, but hopefully they can make it more reasonable, more managable & therefore more enjoyable for all managers of any size squad in any league...[/quote']

Here, Here, Well said and put brilliantly, Kudos to you mate.:)

It is defo sucking some of the fun out of the game for me, Ive accepted that the concerns are staying around but they really do need toning down or some guidance as to counter them.

And dont even get me started on the loan concerns/Lack of opportunity concerns, I thought concerns were meant to stop star hogging so whats the point in a 68 rated player getting lack of 1st team opportunity concerns?

sorry but the concerns system is utter rubbish.. Sanchez has signed for Barcelona, knowing full well he is going to play quite a few games but not 3/4's of their games he will be lucky to play 20 games this season.

However a 91 rated player in this game will expect to play 75% of the games even if he is young, and sitting at Barcelona.

How could gareth bale a 90 rated player expect to play 75% of the games for Barcelona.

I don't have huge first team squads, but i have good squads, of the size of 21 or 22 players all players play games, i rotate my players so they all get some games.. and now my teams are suffering.

The system is utter rubbish, and doesn't work. If this is supposed to be realistic or bring some realism to the game it fails on all counts.

sorry but the concerns system is utter rubbish.. Sanchez has signed for Barcelona' date=' knowing full well he is going to play quite a few games but not 3/4's of their games he will be lucky to play 20 games this season.

However a 91 rated player in this game will expect to play 75% of the games even if he is young, and sitting at Barcelona.

How could gareth bale a 90 rated player expect to play 75% of the games for Barcelona.

I don't have huge first team squads, but i have good squads, of the size of 21 or 22 players all players play games, i rotate my players so they all get some games.. and now my teams are suffering.

The system is utter rubbish, and doesn't work. If this is supposed to be realistic or bring some realism to the game it fails on all counts.[/quote']

I think you're over-generalising. I have a number of high rated squads with average ratings of 93 - 95 (like real life Barcelona) and 91 rated players, including Sanchez incidentally, seem perfectly happy with 50% of games.

I think you're over-generalising. I have a number of high rated squads with average ratings of 93 - 95 (like real life Barcelona) and 91 rated players' date=' including Sanchez incidentally, seem perfectly happy with 50% of games.[/quote']

so do i. i have 91/92 rated players happy as well.

to that guy complaining, notice how barca now have pedro and sanchez and villa. thats 3 wingers in their formation.

concerns aim to stop people having 5 or 6 players in each position.

I've got one issue to take with the concerns.

A Barcelona team in my setup had several key players, including Xavi, Valdes and Fabregas (yes, the very same) who were on level three concerns about their wage.

However, as Valdes and Fabregas were on the final year of their contracts, they were handed automatic renewals by the computer at the end of the season, thus clearing their concerns away without any input by the manager. This really should change; a player's wage concern should only go down if the manager has actively handed them a new contract. As it is, managers' neglect is rewarded by the AI doing things for them.

Many contributors on here will obviously loudly applaud BUT concerns are losing players as evidenced below:-

23 July

Shakhtar manager Roberto Taylor has decided to part company with the club after 203 games in charge.

22 July

Borges WILLIAN has handed in a transfer request after falling out with the Shakhtar management.

203 games!

Many contributors on here will obviously loudly applaud BUT concerns are losing players as evidenced below:-

23 July

Shakhtar manager Roberto Taylor has decided to part company with the club after 203 games in charge.

22 July

Borges WILLIAN has handed in a transfer request after falling out with the Shakhtar management.

203 games!

How can you you say the two events are related? Does it seem likely that a manager would resign because he was losing a 90 rated player?

There are a lot of reasons why a manager would leave a club, in my case it is due to rampant cheating in some of my non-Gold Championship setups. So in your scenario if I do not renew my gold membership in protest at the failure to deal appropriately with cheats and end up losing 11 of my 14 clubs - some that I have managed for more than 500 games - it will be because of concerns will it?

How can you you say the two events are related? Does it seem likely that a manager would resign because he was losing a 90 rated player?

There are a lot of reasons why a manager would leave a club' date=' in my case it is due to rampant cheating in some of my non-Gold Championship setups. So in your scenario if I do not renew my gold membership in protest at the failure to deal appropriately with cheats and end up losing 11 of my 14 clubs - some that I have managed for more than 500 games - it will be because of concerns will it?[/quote']

How can you you say the two events are related?

He only had 31 players and.... well it speaks for itself:-

Dean PARRETT - Wants an increase in wages Level 1: Minor Concern 131163480026 July

Andrey PYATOV Requested Transfer Concerned about his lack of games Level 5: Requested Transfer 131128920022 July

Borges WILLIAN Requested Transfer Concerned about his lack of games Level 5: Requested Transfer 131128920022 July

Dmytro CHYGRYNSKIY - Concerned about his lack of games Level 4: Major Concern 131128920022 July

Razvan RAT - Wants an increase in wages Level 3: Very Concerned 131128920022 July

Rodríguez GONZALO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 2: Concerned 131128920022 July

Charlie AUSTIN - Wants an increase in wages Level 2: Concerned 130887000024 June

Andreu FONTAS - Wants an increase in wages Level 2: Concerned 130887000024 June

Vasyl KOBIN - Wants an increase in wages Level 2: Concerned 130887000024 June

Rodrigues JADSON - Concerned about his lack of games Level 1: Minor Concern 130887000024 June

Luiz ADRIANO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 3: Very Concerned 130861080021 June

Mykola ISCHENKO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 2: Concerned 130861080021 June

Konstantyn KRAVCHENKO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 1: Minor Concern 130861080021 June

Razvan RAT - Concerned about his lack of games Level 3: Very Concerned 1304636400 6 May

Silva NEYMAR - Concerned about his lack of games Level 2: Concerned 1304636400 6 May

OK your 14 clubs outweighs his - so ok I agree there is always another side to an issue

Andrey PYATOV Requested Transfer Concerned about his lack of games Level 5: Requested Transfer 131128920022 July

Borges WILLIAN Requested Transfer Concerned about his lack of games Level 5: Requested Transfer 131128920022 July

Dmytro CHYGRYNSKIY - Concerned about his lack of games Level 4: Major Concern 131128920022 July

Rodríguez GONZALO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 2: Concerned 131128920022 July

Rodrigues JADSON - Concerned about his lack of games Level 1: Minor Concern 130887000024 June

Luiz ADRIANO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 3: Very Concerned 130861080021 June

Mykola ISCHENKO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 2: Concerned 130861080021 June

Konstantyn KRAVCHENKO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 1: Minor Concern 130861080021 June

Razvan RAT - Concerned about his lack of games Level 3: Very Concerned 1304636400 6 May

Silva NEYMAR - Concerned about his lack of games Level 2: Concerned 1304636400 6 May

Taking out wage concerns which you can fix in 2 seconds, none of those players have risen more than once in nearly 12 weeks so you cant say the concerns have escalated too quickly.

Its presumptious to assume they left because of concerns - perhaps they were an inactive manager and lost the job due to not logging in. Maybe they dont take SM seriously or care about proper squad management.

I've got one issue to take with the concerns.

A Barcelona team in my setup had several key players' date=' including Xavi, Valdes and Fabregas (yes, the very same) who were on level three concerns about their wage.

However, as Valdes and Fabregas were on the final year of their contracts, they were handed automatic renewals by the computer at the end of the season, thus clearing their concerns away without any input by the manager. This really should change; a player's wage concern should only go down if the manager has actively handed them a new contract. As it is, managers' neglect is rewarded by the AI doing things for them.[/quote']

no it shouldn't, everyone knows contracts get renewed when they are on one year, maybe the manager knew that and just left it for that exact reason.

My first team consist of 40 players!!! (I only have 40 players because some from my youth became 22 yrs old :P

3 - GK (2 of them 90+, 1 of them is in a possible deal)

4 - LB (all of them 90+, 1 of them on loan list)

3 - RB (all of them 90+)

6 - CB (4 of them 90+, 1 of them for sale)

7 - CM (5 of them 90+, 1 of them for sale, and 2 for loan)

10 - Wing (7 of them 90+, 3 of them for sale, and 1 for loan)

7 - Att (6 of them 90+, 1 of them for loan, and 1 for sale)

But i have 3 concerns, as i can't understand as this was back to February!?!?

Alexandre PATO - Concerned about his lack of games - Level 1: Minor Concern - 15 February

Manuel NEUER - Concerned about being loaned out - Level 1: Minor Concern - 8 February

Fernando TORRES - Concerned about his lack of games - Level 1: Minor Concern - 8 February

Alexandre PATO - Concerned about his lack of games - Level 1: Minor Concern - 15 February
Fernando TORRES - Concerned about his lack of games - Level 1: Minor Concern - 8 February

This I find odd. Unless they had concerns higher than a level 1' date=' I'd consider this a bug. What was the highest concern they were at? How many games have they played since Feb 8?

Manuel NEUER - Concerned about being loaned out - Level 1: Minor Concern - 8 February

'Loaned out' concerns are notoriously slow when going away. As I understand it, once a player is called back from a loan, his concern will be reviewed in the subsequent changes and not in the upcoming ones.

Taking out wage concerns which you can fix in 2 seconds' date=' none of those players have risen more than once in nearly 12 weeks so you cant say the concerns have escalated too quickly.

Its presumptious to assume they left because of concerns - perhaps they were an inactive manager and lost the job due to not logging in. Maybe they dont take SM seriously or care about proper squad management.[/quote']

Mmmmh my concerns list always REPLACE the previous ones when updated so I can never see when the last one was (wish I could, one I'm sure went up in about 2 weeks). Yours are different? e.g C3 12 May, C2 12 April ... C1 12 March You can see each one, for same player????

Regarding my presumptiousness & his being inactive, not logging in, taking it seriously or care .... I would think someone who had managed the club for 203 games doesn't quite fit your description of him or presumptive me now does it?

Regarding my presumptiousness & his being inactive' date=' not logging in, taking it seriously or care .... I would think someone who had managed the club for 203 games doesn't quite fit your description of him or presumptive me now does it?[/quote']

Well, yes it does actually. How you can extrapolate that because someone was active enough to log in once every 30 days,sufficient to keep their team, that they somehow 'care' about that team - particularly in light of the fact that they managed to develop so many concerns on such a small squad - is beyond me.

Without knowing the circumstances of this person's life I find your presumption to be truly stupifying. I don't know how long you have been playing the game but I can assure you from experience that people often stop managing teams, quite suddenly, after being around for several hundred games. Maybe they just get bored - who knows?

"someone was active enough to log in once every 30 days,sufficient to keep their team, that they somehow 'care' about that team - particularly in light of the fact that they managed to develop so many concerns on such a small squad - is beyond me"

Isn't it more presumptive OF YOU to presume he was:-

1) Only active enough to log in once every 30days for 203 games?

& 2) That he didn't care about a team he managed for for 203 games?

Sounds like an ill-reasoned one-sided argument to me. Presumptions? Pot calling kettle black more like.

A large percentage of people don't like concerns. BUT as your so entrenched in your views, I leave you to sitting here on your high horses with closed ears to anyone else's opinion. No more to be said... by me anyway ...

Mmmmh my concerns list always REPLACE the previous ones when updated so I can never see when the last one was (wish I could' date=' one I'm sure went up in about 2 weeks). Yours are different? e.g C3 12 May, C2 12 April ... C1 12 March You can see each one, for same player????

Regarding my presumptiousness & his being inactive, not logging in, taking it seriously or care .... I would think someone who had managed the club for 203 games doesn't quite fit your description of him or presumptive me now does it?[/quote']

The point I was making was that some of the playing concerns havent risen in 12 weeks as that was the last updated date so it leaves me to think that this manager didnt suddenly face a level 5 unhappy player when some havent changed in concern level in 3 months. Generally concerns seem to go up appropriately for players not playing. I myself generally never have a player above level 1 or 2 if it gets to 3 then clearly I dont need the player that much and he's probably a drain on the wage bill.

Someone who has managed 203 games may have got bored with the game and stopped playing (as already mentioned) suddenly got busy with work or school, gone on holiday or not paid their internet bill! though this is guess work on my part as it is yours that he left due to concerns. Who knows!

Im not on a high horse nor with deaf ears but I dont think your concerns about concerns have provided a well founded example to justify your critique. I dont think concerns are perfect but its better than being faced with too much hording of players.

no it shouldn't' date=' everyone knows contracts get renewed when they are on one year, maybe the manager knew that and just left it for that exact reason.[/quote']

Firstly, I doubt that's the case as he still has a few players (including Xavi) with level three concerns who have a couple of seasons left on their contracts, whose concerns will definitely reach level five well before the next automatic renewal.

Secondly, even if that was the case it's still an example of a manager not directly addressing his players' problems. Allowing managers to get away with not handing out wage increases because they know the game will do it for them just breeds further laziness, for want of a better term. That potentially has a knock-on effect, leading to managers fielding not match fit players, not bothering to rotate their teams or ignoring transfer bids, etc.

Even for the biggest of squads it takes just a couple of minutes to check on players' wage concerns and address them accordingly, so I see no reason why the game should do a manager's job for them.

[i

A large percentage of people don't like concerns. BUT as your so entrenched in your views' date= I leave you to sitting here on your high horses with closed ears to anyone else's opinion. No more to be said... by me anyway ...[/quote]

I think you're wise to withdraw now before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. As for your statement regarding the "large percentage of people [that] don't like concerns", I'm afraid that it isn't borne out by the 'concerns' poll which shows that only a third of people dislike concerns.

My first team consist of 40 players!!! (I only have 40 players because some from my youth became 22 yrs old :P

3 - GK (2 of them 90+' date=' 1 of them is in a possible deal)

4 - LB (all of them 90+, 1 of them on loan list)

3 - RB (all of them 90+)

6 - CB (4 of them 90+, 1 of them for sale)

7 - CM (5 of them 90+, 1 of them for sale, and 2 for loan)

10 - Wing (7 of them 90+, 3 of them for sale, and 1 for loan)

7 - Att (6 of them 90+, 1 of them for loan, and 1 for sale)

[b']But i have 3 concerns, as i can't understand as this was back to February!?!?[/b]

sorry bud, your players are at concern level one, is it really worth crying your eyes out yet ?

This I find odd. Unless they had concerns higher than a level 1' date=' I'd consider this a bug. What was the highest concern they were at? How many games have they played since Feb 8?

Pato around 40%

Torres 75

'Loaned out' concerns are notoriously slow when going away. As I understand it, once a player is called back from a loan, his concern will be reviewed in the subsequent changes and not in the upcoming ones.[/quote']

Pato around 40%

Torres 75

Neuer 100%