Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

I have a big team and have to manage each players playing time. I realized it a bit too late and tried to prevent him from reaching level 5. So why does he gain a level despite the fact' date=' that he played every single game as a starter since his last change. That doesn't make any sense, right?[/quote']

because the last two seasons are taken into account. if its over 60 games he's still only played 10/60 and thats not enough i'm afraid.

because the last two seasons are taken into account. if its over 60 games he's still only played 10/60 and thats not enough i'm afraid.

My point is, that he reached level 4 on the past amount of games. Since then he played in 100% of all games. Why does he then reach level 5? I would understand it, if he remains level 4 for a long time or until the % for the past 2 seasons or whatever time frame it is, reaches an acceptable level. I think a player should be happy to be promoted to first team and not dislike it even more. This doesn't really make sense!

And don't get me wrong, I know what you mean but I think it still doesn't make sense!

My point is' date=' that he reached level 4 on the past amount of games. Since then he played in 100% of all games. Why does he then reach level 5? I would understand it, if he remains level 4 for a long time or until the % for the past 2 seasons or whatever time frame it is, reaches an acceptable level. I think a player should be happy to be promoted to first team and not dislike it even more. This doesn't really make sense!

And don't get me wrong, I know what you mean but I think it still doesn't make sense![/quote']

I would agree with this tbh.

If the player is unhappy at a lack of opportunities and gets to level four, then he starts to play each game, the concern should remain at level four the next time around and if he is still regularly playing he should begin to decrease in concern.

You wouldn't get Didier Drogba not playing for 3-4 months then sayin he might leave to find first team football, then starts playing ten matches in a row and decide 'well what about those matches I never got to play - im leaving anyway' The player should realise that he has been given the chance to begin playing recently and not increase his concern. This aspect of the concerns I would say is flawed.

I would agree with this tbh.

If the player is unhappy at a lack of opportunities and gets to level four' date=' then he starts to play each game, the concern should remain at level four the next time around and if he is still regularly playing he should begin to decrease in concern.

You wouldn't get Didier Drogba not playing for 3-4 months then sayin he might leave to find first team football, then starts playing ten matches in a row and decide 'well what about those matches I never got to play - im leaving anyway' The player should realise that he has been given the chance to begin playing recently and not increase his concern. This aspect of the concerns I would say is flawed.[/quote']

Finally, someone that understands me! I love u Mate :)

Now we just have to get SM to understand us....lol

I am not a fan of the new concerns system. I mean in general I am' date=' but the execution is definitely not right.

For example:

I have Valencia in my team, he is 91 and a winger, he is my no 4 winger. I know that's luxury but the point is, that as soon as he had reached concern level 4, I started him in every single game (and he had a few games before that, played in cups and the odd league match).

And what happens? Today he requests a transfer anyways. I don't get it. Shouldn't he be getting happier for starting 10+ games since his last concern change?

Now I'm gonna lose my long term winger for the future for some measly cash, that I don't really need.

CHANGE THIS PLEASE!

That's the whole point of concerns, if you don't play your lower rated (but over 90) players when they first develop concerns you lose them to a club that will play them.

Don't sweat it, you can use the 'measly cash' to buy a replacement on a forced transfer from another club and, trust me, if you are in a competitive setup you will get some serious bids on a player like Valencia on a forced transfer.

That's the whole point of concerns' date=' if you don't play your lower rated (but over 90) players when they first develop concerns you lose them to a club that will play them.

Don't sweat it, you can use the 'measly cash' to buy a replacement on a forced transfer from another club and, trust me, if you are in a competitive setup you will get some serious bids on a player like Valencia on a forced transfer.[/quote']

I get that, but:

My point is, that he reached level 4 on the past amount of games. Since then he played in 100% of all games. Why does he then reach level 5? I would understand it, if he remains level 4 for a long time or until the % for the past 2 seasons or whatever time frame it is, reaches an acceptable level. I think a player should be happy to be promoted to first team and not dislike it even more. This doesn't really make sense!

And don't get me wrong, I know what you mean but I think it still doesn't make sense!

I honestly think, that is a bug in the software!

I get that' date=' but:

I honestly think, that is a bug in the software![/quote']

Its not a bug. A player wants to play a certain amount of games per season, if he misses 30 games then plays the last ten he will have played roughly 25% of the games instead of the required 70% (there abouts) of games so therefore his concern level rises.

If a manager could always wait until level 4 to deal with concerns the concern system would be useless. It wouldnt prevent managers from player hogging.

omg a 70rated player leaving. what a bloody surprise.
"Roberto ARDILES" He's 24' date=' reading the FAQ tells you anyone over the age of 21 will develop not playing concerns, hes an infamous money spinner that never got his rise.[/quote']

This proves my point that concerns are completly cocked up.

I am sure Ardiles in real life would be more than happy to be in the same team as iniesta,fabregas,ozil,busquets and wilshere.

This proves my point that concerns are completly cocked up.

I am sure Ardiles in real life would be more than happy to be in the same team as iniesta' date='fabregas,ozil,busquets and wilshere.[/quote']

Well unfortuantly this isn't real life,

Well fortunately SM are trying to make the game relistic' date=' especially with the idea of concerns but they failed horribly.[/quote']

In your opinion...

I really can't see the big deal, i have over 200 players in my team and i know concerns are good for the game. i've sold Pastore and Mata this season because they started to get concerns but i'm not crying about it.

In your opinion...

I really can't see the big deal' date=' i have over 200 players in my team and i know concerns are good for the game. i've sold Pastore and Mata this season because they started to get concerns but i'm not crying about it.[/quote']

I'm with you on this Dan. Anybody that can't manage concerns isn't playing the game properly.

In your opinion...

I really can't see the big deal' date=' i have over 200 players in my team and i know concerns are good for the game. i've sold Pastore and Mata this season because they started to get concerns but i'm not crying about it.[/quote']

I'm with you on this Dan. Anybody that can't manage concerns isn't playing the game properly.

Mate, I can tell you didn't read my previous post, 70 rated Ardiles got to level 5 concern in a team of iniesta,fabregas,busquets,ozil and wilshere. If thats not messed up I don't know what is.

Mate' date=' I can tell you didn't read my previous post, 70 rated Ardiles got to level 5 concern in a team of iniesta,fabregas,busquets,ozil and wilshere. If thats not messed up I don't know what is.[/quote']

That's the point though? He's 24 and is an AM. He has Iniesta, Fabregas, Ozil, Wilshere and probably more that are all ahead of him and still young. Of course he'd want to leave :confused:

You're plain and simply wrong on this one.

Concerns are designed to stop player hogging. Doesnt matter the player is 70 rated, he's old enough to warrant playing games therefore he develops concerns as would Hamsik if he wasnt playing or Messi or whoever.

"In real life" Barcelona wouldnt keep a 24 year old non league player in their squad.

Funnily enough I still have Ardilles in one of my squads with a starting average of 94 and he hasnt developed a concern yet.

That's the point though? He's 24 and is an AM. He has Iniesta' date=' Fabregas, Ozil, Wilshere and probably more that are all ahead of him and still young. Of course he'd want to leave :confused:[/quote']

Thats the problem, if my youths 75's and 80's don't complain then why should he. Thats how concern works the higher the rating the more they want to play right?

You're plain and simply wrong on this one.

Concerns are designed to stop player hogging. Doesnt matter the player is 70 rated' date=' he's old enough to warrant playing games therefore he develops concerns as would Hamsik if he wasnt playing or Messi or whoever.

"In real life" Barcelona wouldnt keep a 24 year old non league player in their squad.

Funnily enough I still have Ardilles in one of my squads with a starting average of 94 and he hasnt developed a concern yet. :)[/quote']

Actually it does matter if he is 70 rated, because SM base concerns on the player's rating and whether he gets game time or not.

Ok mate lets pretend you are right, then why then has an 85, Luc Casnos, not have a concern or even Josip Ilic(88,23)???

Hamsik is 91 so of course he would complain, but a 70 in SM shouldn't to be fair.

Lol, not sure you might recall or whether you were there, but I remember posting about him when he was lvl 3.

I have Coentrao (concern lev.3) and Bale (conc.lev.1)' date=' so what should I do to decrease their concerns? If Irotate them every game, will their concerns drop:confused:[/quote']

if you have two players who play in the same postion developing concerns you might have to resign to the fact you will lose one of them, should have started playing Coentrao when he was getting concerns at level one,i feel if a player is getting concerns and you want to keep him, you need to start playing him straight away.

Actually it does matter if he is 70 rated' date=' because SM base concerns on the player's rating and whether he gets game time or not.

Ok mate lets pretend you are right, then why then has an 85, Luc Casnos, not have a concern or even Josip Ilic(88,23)???

Hamsik is 91 so of course he would complain, but a 70 in [i']SM[/i] shouldn't to be fair.

Lol, not sure you might recall or whether you were there, but I remember posting about him when he was lvl 3.

From the FAQ.

Players that are not playing regularly will also assess if there is any opportunity to play in the future. If a player is the 5th choice left back then they will develop a concern that they will never have a chance to play for the club. This applies more to players that are at an age were they should be at their peak of the careers (25-30) and would like to be playing as opposed to younger or older players.

A 24 year old 70 rated player (in a squad of a probably 94 rated 1st team) thinks he'l never get games so is unhappy - seems about right to me.

Luc Casnos (85) and Josip Ilic (88,23) are 15 and 18 rated higher than Ardilles at the same age so Ardilles has those youth players and all the international stars ahead of him before he will get a chance to play. In short he has no chance to play.

I would assume Luc Casnos and Josip Ilic feel they have a chance to play, especially Illicic who is highly rated at a young age.

My point still stands B)

Indeed. Think this player is a special case of someone you wouldnt normally keep this long. You definately wouldnt "need" him in a team of superstars.

The concern system seems to be working well in this case where a 70 rated mid 20's player develops lack of opportuinities concerns and the mid 80's players dont.