Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

their is a player on level 4 concerns, he's only played 2 games and its turn 18, with 17 games left in the season.

can anyone work out when he'll reach level 5 so i can buy him?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

their is a player on level 4 concerns' date=' he's only played 2 games and its turn 18, with 17 games left in the season.

can anyone work out when he'll reach level 5 so i can buy him?[/quote']

It depends on several factors: how good he is; how good the team is; if he's played now he's got a LVL4 concern...

Whack him on your short-list and you should see his transfer request. Or offer for him now explaining he'll hand in a transfer request before too long and you'll pay a few million extra to make sure you get him? :)

It depends on several factors: how good he is; how good the team is; if he's played now he's got a LVL4 concern...

Whack him on your short-list and you should see his transfer request. Or offer for him now explaining he'll hand in a transfer request before too long and you'll pay a few million extra to make sure you get him? :)

cheers for the reply, he's on the shortlist, i've just got enough to buy him.. i'll just need to sit it out and wait..

the manager doesn't play him.. so i'd say he'll be level 5 within the next couple of turns.

readin the online help and it says that they expext to play 70% of games

cheers for the reply' date=' he's on the shortlist, i've just got enough to buy him.. i'll just need to sit it out and wait..

the manager doesn't play him.. so i'd say he'll be level 5 within the next couple of turns.

readin the online help and it says that they expext to play 70% of games[/quote']

You might be better off bidding for the player now. As Stuart said, you could offer a little extra now and avoid competition later on.

Player concerns are reviewed about every 20 turns and the last rise (level 4 > level 5) seems to take twice as much time. Managers also seem more willing to spend on players that have put in a transfer request - This might be due to the request showing up in the news feed for everyone to see.

I'm quite confused here as how the player concerns worked.

I have Quagliarella & Sahin (both are the best rated players in their respective position) and I played them only when they have 100% fitness but I still get a level 1 concern because their "supposedly" lack of playing games.

Quag has 14 apps (13 starts 1 sub) and Sahin has 16 apps (14 starts 2 sub) and in total my club has only played 24 official games.

Is there something I overlooked here? I suppose I'm not supposed to field them day in day out until they developed a "not match fit" am I?

I'm quite confused here as how the player concerns worked.

I have Quagliarella & Sahin (both are the best rated players in their respective position) and I played them only when they have 100% fitness but I still get a level 1 concern because their "supposedly" lack of playing games.

Quag has 14 apps (13 starts 1 sub) and Sahin has 16 apps (14 starts 2 sub) and in total my club has only played 24 official games.

Is there something I overlooked here? I suppose I'm not supposed to field them day in day out until they developed a "not match fit" am I?

Your top rated players need approx. 70% of games so for

Quagliarella 13 starts, 1 sub = 12.5 games out of 24 (52%)

Sahin 14 starts, 2 subs = 13 games played out of 24 (55%)

Personally I try to give my top rated players 27-29 games out of 38 a season (70%-75%). You won't be able to give both players enough games this season to bring down their concerns, but try and give them as many as possible and start them regularly next season. Also don't worry about playing only 100% fit players anything above 75% - 80% is usually good enough for me.

This message is directly to the people complaining about concers, Don't you realise concerns affect all the teams ? I have a super size squad yet the concerns are starting to make me think about selling some players. Also if it wasn't for these concerns i wouldn't have been able to buy Song from Arsenal, ok i paid chairman max for him but my point is if it wasn't for concerns i don't think Arsenal would have sold him. My cup team will be strong next season .

You might be better off bidding for the player now. As Stuart said' date=' you could offer a little extra now and avoid competition later on.

Player concerns are reviewed about every 20 turns and the last rise (level 4 > level 5) seems to take twice as much time. Managers also seem more willing to spend on players that have put in a transfer request - This might be due to the request showing up in the news feed for everyone to see.[/quote']

i have bidded my max balance twice and the manager still rejects it, it's not a competitive gameworld so i should get him if he requests a transfer..

Player concerns are excellent. Makes the game more challenging.

I just wish that SM would make it quicker for a player to rise through to Level 5 concern.

Next step is for SM to:

a) Limit squad sizes

and

B) Introduce random transfer demands from players

You might be better off bidding for the player now. As Stuart said' date=' you could offer a little extra now and avoid competition later on.

Player concerns are reviewed about every 20 turns and the last rise (level 4 > level 5) seems to take twice as much time. [b']Managers also seem more willing to spend on players that have put in a transfer request[/b] - This might be due to the request showing up in the news feed for everyone to see.

I have seen a few players go in a big setup when the transfer request has gone in. And believe me, if the manager had put those players on for cash at a price that is about 1.5 or 2 times the CV, the bids would not have been rolling in. If you let them get to level 5, than a 90 player who would not garner shortlisting, will receive 10 or 12 bids of maximum value. It makes you think, doesn't it. :)

Player concerns are excellent. Makes the game more challenging.

I just wish that SM would make it quicker for a player to rise through to Level 5 concern.

Next step is for SM to:

a) Limit squad sizes

and

B) Introduce random transfer demands from players

a) Squad sizes are already limited - to 255 players.

B) Why?

I have seen a few players go in a big setup when the transfer request has gone in. And believe me' date=' if the manager had put those players on for cash at a price that is about 1.5 or 2 times the CV, the bids would not have been rolling in. If you let them get to level 5, than a 90 player who would not garner shortlisting, will receive 10 or 12 bids of maximum value. [b']It makes you think, doesn't it.[/b] :)

Indeed it does Dermo! I've reached the same conclusion myself and plan to let it ride when concerns on 90+ rated players escalate. Funny, I used to think I was being astute by off-loading potential want-aways - apparently not.

I'd love to see a "lack of silverware" or "lack of club progression" concern. If a player way above the standards of the club has been at the club for a few years, and is constantly finishing mid-table or avoiding relegation. Realistically, you'd want to move away :P

EG Ashley Young to United (Good luck to him btw)

I have seen a few players go in a big setup when the transfer request has gone in. And believe me' date=' if the manager had put those players on for cash at a price that is about 1.5 or 2 times the CV, the bids would not have been rolling in. If you let them get to level 5, than a 90 player who would not garner shortlisting, will receive 10 or 12 bids of maximum value. It makes you think, doesn't it. :)[/quote']

I'm sure cheap psychology could explain such a phenomenon :D. Like Jimmi Mack, I had been avoiding the transfer requests until I noticed this.

The main reason, I think, is laziness. In uncompetitive setups, most managers rarely look at the transfer/loan lists and will therefore 'jump' on an opportunity that presents itself on their face.

SM's new feature, Player Concern List, should alter this a bit (at least in competitive setups), specially if the manager with the concerned player would rather have a P/E.

I just think it'd be much better (not to mention more realistic) if you can reject a transfer request - with the consequence being that the player won't perform at all for you - until he's satisfied again.

I haven't read anything on the thread so if someone has mentioned this in the past, pardon me. ;)

it may well have already been mentioned earlier in this thread, however trawling through 106 pages would be rather arduous, so may be simpler to ask the question, however how many games would players of a level 1 concern need to play to not have any concern at all? i try to play my lesser players in cups and against weaker league teams but they still are not getting many games in a competitive set up.

This concerns feature is a bag of ****. In my Arsenal save I have players at level 4 , ,I have been playing them lately and yet their concern never go;s back down.

I just checked the stats on a couple of them ,, and Walcott concerned about lack of games has 29 apps ,,,and we have played 34.. how many games does the spoilt little **** need to be happy ???

Same with Thomas Muller he has 28,,, and has just started winging (level 1)

I am all for improvements ,, but at least get it right before implementing them,, so whats the point in having a squad anymore if they ALL want to play ALL the time EVERY game !!!!!!!

I havent noticed it as badly in my other saves ,, so perhaps something not right in this one,, but I now have about 3 0r 4 players transfer listed,, and another half dozen complaining

Really putting me off

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just think it'd be much better (not to mention more realistic) if you can reject a transfer request - with the consequence being that the player won't perform at all for you - until he's satisfied again.

I haven't read anything on the thread so if someone has mentioned this in the past' date=' pardon me. ;)[/quote']

I'm not sure I follow. Are you implying a manager could refuse a transfer request from one of his players? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of concerns?

If a player you don't want to lose starts developing playing concerns, loan him out. As far as I've seen, only players good enough to play first fiddle develop loaned-out concerns - I've had K.P. Boateng out on loan for the last 3 seasons and he has yet to develop any kind of concern.

This concerns feature is a bag of ****. In my Arsenal save I have players at level 4 ' date=' ,I have been playing them lately and yet their concern never go;s back down.

I just checked the stats on a couple of them ,, and Walcott concerned about lack of games has 29 apps ,,,and we have played 34.. how many games does the spoilt little **** need to be happy ???

Same with Thomas Muller he has 28,,, and has just started winging (level 1)

I am all for improvements ,, but at least get it right before implementing them,, so whats the point in having a squad anymore if they [b']ALL[/b] want to play ALL the time EVERY game !!!!!!!

I havent noticed it as badly in my other saves ,, so perhaps something not right in this one,, but I now have about 3 0r 4 players transfer listed,, and another half dozen complaining

Really putting me off

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

As far as I understand it, player concerns take 2 seasons into account. Look at Walcott's & Muller's stats from the previous season; That may be the reason for their concerns. If they are the best rated players at their current position, they will expected to play 75% of league games (Cups, Shield & SMFA competitions are said to count as a bonus). 2nd string players expect 50% - 60% of games played - The percentages keep going down according to importance within the squad.

Keep in mind that sub appearances only count as half a game. So if Muller has 28 appearances of which 16 were made from the bench, SM will consider that as 20 appearances.

Concerns only go up/down when they are reviewed - About every 10 turns, as it was mentioned somewhere in this thread. If these players are important to your team, keep playing them & have a little patience. Their concerns should go down in due time.

I'm not sure I follow. Are you implying a manager could refuse a transfer request from one of his players? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of concerns?

Well' date=' if SM wants to maintain a realisitic approach to football, then why shouldn't the manager be able to refuse the transfer request? To even make it more realisitic, the player won't perform at all until he's been given a pay rise/more games/or whatever is making him upset.

If a player you don't want to lose starts developing playing concerns, loan him out. As far as I've seen, only players good enough to play first fiddle develop loaned-out concerns - I've had K.P. Boateng out on loan for the last 3 seasons and he has yet to develop any kind of concern.

I've got several players in my team, who wouldn't even be near my first team, on concerns. You're just lucky that Boateng hasn't handed in a transfer request.

Well' date=' if SM wants to maintain a realisitic approach to football, then why shouldn't the manager be able to refuse the transfer request? To even make it more realisitic, the player won't perform at all until he's been given a pay rise/more games/or whatever is making him upset.[/quote']

Players' performances are already affected by concerns. A player with concerns should have a low morale and this, allegedly, affects how he performs.

I understand how it would be more realistic. I don't, however, see why it should be implemented. What would be the point of a player going from a level 1 concern to a transfer request if the manager could simply reject it? It would defeat its own purpose & encourage hoarding.

If a player reaches the point of requesting a transfer, then the manager clearly doesn't need him. Otherwise he would have given such player enough playing time. And if the player is someone the manager considers for the future, then they should either give him the playing time he requires with the help of Cup, Shield, SMFA competitions and the occasional sub appearance or loan him out to a team where he will get games.

I've got several players in my team' date=' who wouldn't even be near my first team, on concerns. You're just lucky that Boateng hasn't handed in a transfer request.[/quote']

I'm not too sure about this to be honest. It seems as though players that are 25 years old or older are more susceptible to concerns. I'm sure squad average has something to do with this as well.

Last season I had 18 players out on loan, of which 4 finished the season with a level 2 concern, 7 with a level 1 concern and 7 with no concerns whatsoever. Needless to say, concerns have made me trim my squad - 11 of the loaned out players are no longer in my team.

If a player you don't want to lose starts developing playing concerns' date=' loan him out. As far as I've seen, only players good enough to play first fiddle develop loaned-out concerns - I've had K.P. Boateng out on loan for the last 3 seasons and he has yet to develop any kind of concern.[/quote']

It depends on the strength of your team, if you have a team full of 90+ then only 90+ players on loan will get concerns about being loaned out,if your top players were 89 rated then 89/88 rated players would pick up concerns about being loaned out etc

As far as I understand it, player concerns take 2 seasons into account. Look at Walcott's & Muller's stats from the previous season; That may be the reason for their concerns. If they are the best rated players at their current position, they will expected to play 75% of league games (Cups, Shield & SMFA competitions are said to count as a bonus). 2nd string players expect 50% - 60% of games played - The percentages keep going down according to importance within the squad.

Keep in mind that sub appearances only count as half a game. So if Muller has 28 appearances of which 16 were made from the bench, SM will consider that as 20 appearances.

Concerns only go up/down when they are reviewed - About every 10 turns, as it was mentioned somewhere in this thread. If these players are important to your team, keep playing them & have a little patience. Their concerns should go down in due time.