Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Jeffren WAGE concern went down by 1 from lvl 2. Is this a new feature?:eek:
hmm I've never seen that before they tend to go up until at level 3 you get a club message about it. Hopefully that isn't a bug or anything as I hate it when that happens.

I've seen it at a club I just took over, a lot of the younger players had wage concerns and most of them had dropped a level, I think someone else said something about wage concerns dropping when the CPU renews contracts at the start of a new season.

• 2 weeks later...

My first team average is 89

Varane has a rating of 85

he has concerns about his lack of games

I find that illogical

I obviously want to keep him

Should I be forced to pick him and weaken my team?

What's the average of your CB's and DM's?

I find that if a player is 3 to 4 points below that average, they'll expect to play. The good news is, they're usually happy with cup/shield games and the odd sub-appearance.

What's the average of your CB's and DM's?

I find that if a player is 3 to 4 points below that average' date=' they'll expect to play. The good news is, they're usually happy with cup/shield games and the odd sub-appearance.[/quote']

89 for both.

I'll take your advice with his appearances.

thanks

I have Casillas and Joe Hart, obviously Casillas plays games (Hart is a future prospect) but as he isn't playing he's handed in a transfer request? In real life would Hart even go to Real Madrid expecting to play games ahead of Casillas, seriously? It's obviouse he wouldn't play so either don t allow the deal or do allow the deal but don't tell me I have to play him! As I only have 2keepers will Hart still be allowed to move if the chairman accepts an offer?

Mesut Ozil also has concerns yet he's played the majority of games in all competitions, why???

And Badstuber has a level 4 concern, he plays about 1/3rd of games but he's behind Vidic, Chiellini and Pepe (in terms of rating) and is only here for progress.

Sprry but this concerns thing really annoys me to hell.

I have Casillas and Joe Hart' date=' obviously Casillas plays games (Hart is a future prospect) but as he isn't playing he's handed in a transfer request? In real life would Hart even go to Real Madrid expecting to play games ahead of Casillas, seriously? It's obviouse he wouldn't play so either don t allow the deal or do allow the deal but don't tell me I have to play him! As I only have 2keepers will Hart still be allowed to move if the chairman accepts an offer?

Mesut Ozil also has concerns yet he's played the majority of games in all competitions, why???

And Badstuber has a level 4 concern, he plays about 1/3rd of games but he's behind Vidic, Chiellini and Pepe (in terms of rating) and is only here for progress.

Sprry but this concerns thing really annoys me to hell.[/quote']

Can't agree more. They will lose managers, far too harsh!!

I have Casillas and Joe Hart' date=' obviously Casillas plays games (Hart is a future prospect) but as he isn't playing he's handed in a transfer request? In real life would Hart even go to Real Madrid expecting to play games ahead of Casillas, seriously? It's obviouse he wouldn't play so either don t allow the deal or do allow the deal but don't tell me I have to play him! As I only have 2keepers will Hart still be allowed to move if the chairman accepts an offer?

Sprry but this concerns thing really annoys me to hell.[/quote']

Can't agree more. They will lose managers' date=' far too harsh!![/quote']

Can't agree at all, in real life Hart wouldn't go to Real because he would know he would never get games over Casillas, You will lose Hart and will either have to buy a new keeper or get given a 60 something rated keeper at the beginning of next season.

You do realise that 1/3 of the seasons games is only 33%, even with 3 higher rated players you should be looking at giving him closer to 50-55% of games possibly even more, you won't lose games by playing lower rated players within a good team, you can easily get away with playing say Vidic and Badstuber one week and Badstuber and Pepe the next week, In fact season 3 in a European Championship I played in with Arsenal, I got runners up, my top scorer was Romelo Lukaku when he was rated 75, outscoring the likes of Van Persie and Fabregas, plus more.

You even admit that he's only there for progress, in the hope that one day you can make a buck out of him, what player in real life would put up with that, none, Badstuber could be playing regularly at any middle table club in your league why would he want to sit on the bench and rot.

And as for Ozil, what level of concern? if it's a low one and you've started regularly playing him after he got his concern give it time and eventually it will disappear, but if you have 94's getting concerns then obviously you need to look hard at your squad and decide who you really need/want and who can be spared ie:

Kaka or Ozil = keep Ozil and sell Kaka, bring in some lower rated AM like Gotze, do that for all positions and eventually you'll be able to control concerns

Rotate effectively, don't just play your top rated players until NMF and then have to worry about relying on lower rated players, mix and match

Can't agree at all' date=' in real life Hart wouldn't go to Real because he would know he would never get games over Casillas, You will lose Hart and will either have to buy a new keeper or get given a 60 something rated keeper at the beginning of next season.

You do realise that 1/3 of the seasons games is only 33%, even with 3 higher rated players you should be looking at giving him closer to 50-55% of games possibly even more, you won't lose games by playing lower rated players within a good team, you can easily get away with playing say Vidic and Badstuber one week and Badstuber and Pepe the next week, In fact season 3 in a European Championship I played in with Arsenal, I got runners up, my top scorer was Romelo Lukaku when he was rated 75, outscoring the likes of Van Persie and Fabregas, plus more.

You even admit that he's only there for progress, in the hope that one day you can make a buck out of him, what player in real life would put up with that, none, Badstuber could be playing regularly at any middle table club in your league why would he want to sit on the bench and rot.

And as for Ozil, what level of concern? if it's a low one and you've started regularly playing him after he got his concern give it time and eventually it will disappear, but if you have 94's getting concerns then obviously you need to look hard at your squad and decide who you really need/want and who can be spared ie:

Kaka or Ozil = keep Ozil and sell Kaka, bring in some lower rated AM like Gotze, do that for all positions and eventually you'll be able to control concerns

Rotate effectively, don't just play your top rated players until NMF and then have to worry about relying on lower rated players, mix and match[/quote']

Like I say with Hart, why do SM let him move club when it's obvious he wont start, can SM not bring in a rule similar to FM and some FIFAs where players refuse to move if they don't think they will play? I got him for when Casillas starts to drop and in real life Hart would no that those are the circumstances and not complain.

I take your point on Badstuber, yes I did realise that 1/3 is 33% :P, but whenever possible surely a manager would opt to play his 1st choice XI? I tend to play 3-5-2 which puts him quite far back but I do need/use when playing 4-4-2, consecutively (or similar)

I dont play anyone under 95% fitness and try to make them all 100%. The normal middies are Fabregas and then I change between Alonso/Schweinsteiger/Ozil, no Kaka (thankfully after his drops XD )

Like I say with Hart' date=' why do SM let him move club when it's obvious he wont start, can SM not bring in a rule similar to FM and some FIFAs where players refuse to move if they don't think they will play? I got him for when Casillas starts to drop and in real life Hart would no that those are the circumstances and not complain.

I take your point on Badstuber, yes I did realise that 1/3 is 33% :P, but whenever possible surely a manager would opt to play his 1st choice XI? I tend to play 3-5-2 which puts him quite far back but I do need/use when playing 4-4-2, consecutively (or similar)

I dont play anyone under 95% fitness and try to make them all 100%. The normal middies are Fabregas and then I change between Alonso/Schweinsteiger/Ozil, no Kaka (thankfully after his drops XD )[/quote']

All you have to do is play Hart he should only require around 65 - 70% (27 out of 38 games) of games, so sub him on for Casillas most games and give him 12 starts should be able to get 12 starts and around 26 subs (sub Casillas on when Hart starts) gives him 25 games plus cup and competition games, should be more then enough to keep him happy.

Personally I rotate to the maximum, haven't got any lack of games concerns yet, only the loaned out ones

IMO this whole players concerns thing sounds like a good idea to stop squad hoarding but it is not fully fair. For instance a player in my squad has played 10 games out of 10 this season yet he has concerns about his lack of games? Also was it programmed in for players to realise that

A) their age in relation to the rest of the squad( Are they a youngster just being moved to the squad\club or are they getting towards the end of their carrears)

B) Their rating(I mean a player gets given ample oppurtuinities but regularly has a low rating should then not expect to be first team choice)

C) Length of time at the club( if they have just arrived, apart from one or two exceptions they should not expect first team football)

D) Players age(Are they too old)

It needs to be made fairer as in the real world, football clubs nowadays have squads so no players get assurances about the numbers of games they will play. I agrees if they have exceptional talent they will expect to play more often than not but to expect 70% - 80% of matches is a bit much. Good idea but needs a lot of tweaking.

p.s

has it had any effect on squad hoarding because I still see it?

IMO this whole players concerns thing sounds like a good idea to stop squad hoarding but it is not fully fair. For instance a player in my squad has played 10 games out of 10 this season yet he has concerns about his lack of games? Also was it programmed in for players to realise that

A) their age in relation to the rest of the squad( Are they a youngster just being moved to the squad\club or are they getting towards the end of their carrears)

B) Their rating(I mean a player gets given ample oppurtuinities but regularly has a low rating should then not expect to be first team choice)

C) Length of time at the club( if they have just arrived' date=' apart from one or two exceptions they should not expect first team football)

D) Players age(Are they too old)

It needs to be made fairer as in the real world, football clubs nowadays have squads so no players get assurances about the numbers of games they will play. I agrees if they have exceptional talent they will expect to play more often than not but to expect 70% - 80% of matches is a bit much. Good idea but needs a lot of tweaking.

p.s

[b']has it had any effect on squad hoarding because I still see it?[/[/b]QUOTE]

Yes. 100%

as with most things on soccermanager - a good idea but badly implemented

I'll tell you what's stoopid---- players concerns rising even though they've played fifteen games in a row!!

that's not stupid, concerns are based on percentages, if you gave the player the first 15 games of the season that would be 15 out of 15 = 100% and his concern would drop, but if you were to give him the last 15 games of the season then he would have 15 out of 38 games = 40% and would still be unhappy. The system is in place to stop managers from doing just that, playing a player for 15 games in a row to reduce concerns before dumping him back in the reserves, that's why percentages are used, if the player doesn't get a certain number of games per season then his percentage will be too low and the system can identify which players the manager doesn't really need.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but...

Will having a lot of young low rated players reduce concern levels that High rated players have ?

I'm asking this because, one of the teams in the league I play have an equal amount of top class players (around 24 players with rating over 90) and almost over 100 players that are around 85 rating (mostly youth), yet the only concerns he has are wage concerns.

While on the other hand, my team has ~24 players with rating over 90 and 25 players with rating around 85 (mostly youth) yet I have 3 players with "lack of games" concern, these players are 90 or over in rating...two with players with "level 2" concern. And they have played over 14 games.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this is the place to ask' date=' but...

Will having a lot of young low rated players reduce concern levels that High rated players have ?

I'm asking this because, one of the teams in the league I play have an equal amount of top class players (around 24 players with rating over 90) and almost over 100 players that are around 85 rating (mostly youth), yet the only concerns he has are wage concerns.

While on the other hand, my team has ~24 players with rating over 90 and 25 players with rating around 85 (mostly youth) yet I have 3 players with "lack of games" concern, these players are 90 or over in rating...two with players with "level 2" concern. And they have played over 14 games.

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

I honestly don't think having a large youth squad hinders playing concerns. At least, I've never seen or heard of such scenario.

Perhaps comparing the stats of both your teams might shed some light into the matter - You might be rotating one team more frequently or one team may have a higher rating average than the other (top 18 players).

As for the 14 games played by some of your concerned players; How many of these were as subs? How many league games have been played over the last 2 seasons so far? I'm sure you've read that the highest rated players in a squad will expect no less than a 75% participation, while '2nd-string players' will expect somewhere between 50% - 60%.

"I have some of best young players in the game and due to concerns I'm forced to play them ahead of the older best players in the game, this is nonsense" (paraphrased)

Oh boo-hoo. None of your super squads could exist in reality, and that's what concerns are (slowly) fixing. And stop complaining about not getting instant results as you try to band-aid your already well neglected players.

And stop looking at just your team, ever think to look at some of the other, downtrodden, ruined squads in your set-up that you have strip mined to destruction? Teams which people give up on because they can't even grab some promising youth with their measly funds, as your "completely realistic" youth academy harbours all 278 players worth a damn.

Bunch of narcissistic cry babies.

• 2 weeks later...

"I have some of best young players in the game and due to concerns I'm forced to play them ahead of the older best players in the game' date=' this is nonsense" (paraphrased)

Oh boo-hoo. None of your super squads could exist in reality, and that's what concerns are (slowly) fixing. And stop complaining about not getting instant results as you try to band-aid your already well neglected players.

And stop looking at just your team, ever think to look at some of the other, downtrodden, ruined squads in your set-up that you have strip mined to destruction? Teams which people give up on because they can't even grab some promising youth with their measly funds, as your "completely realistic" youth academy harbours all 278 players worth a damn.

Bunch of narcissistic cry babies.[/quote']

This is the best post of the whole thread! I endorse it wholeheartedly!!!

Like I say with Hart' date=' why do SM let him move club when it's obvious he wont start, can SM not bring in a rule similar to FM and some FIFAs where players refuse to move if they don't think they will play? I got him [u'][/u]for when Casillas starts to drop and in real life Hart would no that those are the circumstances and not complain.

I dont play anyone under 95% fitness and try to make them all 100%. The normal middies are Fabregas and then I change between Alonso/Schweinsteiger/Ozil, no Kaka (thankfully after his drops XD )

I have absolutely no problem with this post, nor do I care about player concerns as I dont play the game alot but when you said you bought Hart for when Casillas starts drop in real life, I was simply amazed,

For a game you plan ahead by like 10 years ? Seriously ?

I usually struggle to buy players who I wont make a profit off withing 6 months.

Basically because at any time I might stop playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Man Utd in an English Championship I'm in has just had Messi and Chiellini slap in transfer requests after reaching level 5 WAGE concerns LOL :eek:

So those are folkes who are too lazy to increase wages or who don't have enough cash because of some huge team? :P

Anyways do they also count subs in any way in this system? Or do only line-ups count?

So those are folkes who are too lazy to increase wages or who don't have enough cash because of some huge team? :P

Anyways do they also count subs in any way in this system? Or do only line-ups count?

Sub apps count as half of an appearance so 2 sub apps = 1 match

Me again XD Is the 70%-80% the actual figure? Seems a bit excessive if you've got to keep everyone happy. Took onboard the advice (further down thread) so rotate a lot more with every team.

Still I'm gonna have a bit of a whinge XD 3of my players have just developed concerns after playing 8/14 games so far this season. The games they've missed is when they weren't 100% fit. To expect to play well over half your games, even when not 100% (to avoid injuries and give other players a chance) fit seems daft IMO.