Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Lets just rename this game Claudio Ranieri's Soccer Manager, seeing as they want us to have absolutely ridiculous squad rotation to keep players happy.

Squad of 25, reduced to 22 because of Level 5, now I have 9 players developing concerns. I try and give the 'reserves' as much time as possible (cup games, subs, odd game where I can get away with it) buy hey guess what Javi Martinez, you arent good enough to break up Busquets and Alonso when I'm trying to win a league.

Lets just rename this game Claudio Ranieri's Soccer Manager' date=' seeing as they want us to have absolutely ridiculous squad rotation to keep players happy.

Squad of 25, reduced to 22 because of Level 5, now I have 9 players developing concerns. I try and give the 'reserves' as much time as possible (cup games, subs, odd game where I can get away with it) buy hey guess what Javi Martinez, you arent good enough to break up Busquets and Alonso when I'm trying to win a league.[/quote']

And in real life, if Javi Martinez was getting little to no game time guess what... he would want OUT.

It wouldn't really matter what he thought though would it? I mean it's not as if SM implemented these concerns with any sort of variables, they're just robots now.

If player doesnt play 75% of games = unhappy

Lets nail this once and for all, SM have made a complete arse of this, instead of just introducing squad limits to combat ridiculous squad sizes and having fair concerns, they completely bottled it and brought in completely ott concerns which is hitting people who try and play the game properly (thats trying to build a decent first XI and having backups to cover cup/injury/suspensions).

My game world has no huge squads, but the player concerns list is becoming stupid, I await the inevitable transfer merry go round because if player doesnt play 75% of games = unhappy.

It wouldn't really matter what he thought though would it? I mean it's not as if SM implemented these concerns with any sort of variables' date=' they're just robots now.

Lets nail this once and for all, SM have made a complete arse of this, instead of just introducing squad limits to combat ridiculous squad sizes and having fair concerns, they completely bottled it and brought in completely ott concerns which is hitting people who try and play the game properly (thats trying to build a decent first XI and having backups to cover cup/injury/suspensions).

My game world has no huge squads, but the player concerns list is becoming stupid, I await the inevitable transfer merry go round because if player doesnt play 75% of games = unhappy.[/quote']

That's your opinion, however strange it is. Just because something doesn't benefit you or isn't helping you buy every top talent, you feel compelled to hate it. Instead you should welcome the challenge and realism that concerns bring.

In my opinion (and many others' I have seen) the concern's system works too slowly. It takes many, many months for a player to reach level 5. More than enough time for a manager to act. If you have 3-4 top players, and only 2 spots you should rotate regularly to satisfy all parties (Manchester City are an example of this - many players for few positions. Players are rotated fairly and everyone is satisfied). If you cannot rotate players around then you can never be a good manager.

That's your opinion' date=' however strange it is. Just because something doesn't benefit you or isn't helping you buy every top talent, you feel compelled to hate it. Instead you should welcome the challenge and realism that concerns bring.

In my opinion (and many others' I have seen) the concern's system works too [b']slowly.[/b] It takes many, many months for a player to reach level 5. More than enough time for a manager to act. If you have 3-4 top players, and only 2 spots you should rotate regularly to satisfy all parties (Manchester City are an example of this - many players for few positions. Players are rotated fairly and everyone is satisfied). If you cannot rotate players around then you can never be a good manager.

Where on earth did you get the idea I want to buy every top talent? Clearly I dont as

a) I have quite a small first team (as mentioned)

B) I would introduce serious squad cap (as mentioned)

c) I've shown concern for other managers who have concers pilling up (as mentioned)

There is nothing realistic about players becoming unhappy based on some crazy SM calculations that dont seem to take in any propers factors, other than a spreadsheet calculation numbers game.

Where on earth did you get the idea I want to buy every top talent? Clearly I dont as

a) I have quite a small first team (as mentioned)

B) I would introduce serious squad cap (as mentioned)

c) I've shown concern for other managers who have concers pilling up (as mentioned)

There is nothing realistic about players becoming unhappy based on some crazy SM calculations that dont seem to take in any propers factors' date=' other than a spreadsheet calculation numbers game.[/quote']

A squad cap and player concerns are completely different. With a squad cap of 30 there's nothing stopping one manager holding the best 30 players on the game. Concerns solve that problem and keep squad numbers down (albeit not as well as they should IMO). I've never really had a problem that I couldn't solve with concerns.

Me again XD Is the 70%-80% the actual figure? Seems a bit excessive if you've got to keep everyone happy. Took onboard the advice (further down thread) so rotate a lot more with every team.

Still I'm gonna have a bit of a whinge XD 3of my players have just developed concerns after playing 8/14 games so far this season. The games they've missed is when they weren't 100% fit. To expect to play well over half your games' date=' even when not 100% (to avoid injuries and give other players a chance) fit seems daft IMO.[/quote']

70-80% will be what the best players in your side.

Hard to comment on the three players you mention as don't know where they fit in the pecking order, but 57% doesn't sound a great many games.

I understand your comments about condition but ultimately fielding players based on condition is a managerial choice (some ignore it, condition just denotes how likely a player will play to his full potential - so even for a player with 75% condition there is a strong argument for fielding them) and is all part of the balancing act. In any case, the concerns should quick enough now that they are (presumably) back to their top condition and played frequently so I wouldn't worry about it anyway unless they have just hit level 4.

Loan concerns are a joke' date=' and should be scrapped asap imo.. Why would a player not develop any concern when not even getting a game yet when he is out on loan getting games he develops a concern.. Crazy[/quote']

Why would a player not develop concerns when not getting games? They should develop concerns about lack of games if they not getting games, and will. I am confused by your comment and not sure what you are basing it on, can you elaborate please?

When out on loan they get concerned about being on loan, even if playing. Don't see much wrong with that. Players generally are unhappy if they are being pinged about all the time in reality.

Squad of 25' date=' reduced to 22 because of Level 5, now I have 9 players developing concerns. I try and give the 'reserves' as much time as possible (cup games, subs, odd game where I can get away with it) buy hey guess what Javi Martinez, you arent good enough to break up Busquets and Alonso when I'm trying to win a league.[/quote']
It wouldn't really matter what he thought though would it? I mean it's not as if SM implemented these concerns with any sort of variables' date=' they're just robots now.

My game world has no huge squads, but the player concerns list is becoming stupid, I await the inevitable transfer merry go round because if player doesnt play 75% of games = unhappy.[/quote']

As above 75% should only be the best players really. It is difficult to say why Javi Martinez is getting unhappy as we don't know his playing stats from what you have said.

If you are playing him as much as you can but he is not getting enough games, I guess you need to think about sending him on loan, selling him, or taking a hit to your first XI on a more regular basis if you think he is someone you want to keep long term.

I don't think it is bad that people are being forced to make decisions like this in SM.

You feel concerns are too many, a lot of people on here are saying they are too easy to avoid and too slow. SM are never going to please everyone but I feel concerns are a distinct improvement on when the game had no concerns.

Why would a player not develop concerns when not getting games? They should develop concerns about lack of games if they not getting games' date=' and will. I am confused by your comment and not sure what you are basing it on, can you elaborate please?

When out on loan they get concerned about being on loan, even if playing. Don't see much wrong with that. Players generally are unhappy if they are being pinged about all the time in reality.

[/quote']

Alrighty. I have a few players rated 88/89 that i sent on loan because they have no chance of playing for my team in the near future. Now none of these players were upset when not even featuring for me but soon as they start playing for another team on loan they develop concerns, seems stupid imo, i'm quite happy to let them sit and not get any game time for me.

Alrighty. I have a few players rated 88/89 that i sent on loan because they have no chance of playing for my team in the near future. Now none of these players were upset when not even featuring for me but soon as they start playing for another team on loan they develop concerns' date=' seems stupid imo, i'm quite happy to let them sit and not get any game time for me.[/quote']

yeah... pretty dumb aint' it

A squad cap and player concerns are completely different. With a squad cap of 30 there's nothing stopping one manager holding the best 30 players on the game. Concerns solve that problem and keep squad numbers down (albeit not as well as they should IMO). I've never really had a problem that I couldn't solve with concerns.

Correct, squad cap and player concerns are completely different, so why have they decided to try and solve one of those problems (huge squads) by having ott concerns?

And if a manager did have 30 of the best players in the game, he would have no problem having squad rotation by replacing like with like quality. So in effect it doesnt punish them at all.

Whereas most other people are having to drop higher rated players just to accomodate lower rated ones so they dont start developing concerns (and can continue having a squad that covers for the season)

I'm not against concerns, I'm all for them if implemented correctly.

Correct' date=' squad cap and player concerns are completely different, so why have they decided to try and solve one of those problems (huge squads) by having ott concerns?[/quote']

I don't think concerns are OTT as they're forcing those with huge squads to trim down. I also think huge squads are much less of a problem than hogging all the best players. I don't care if I enter a game-world where one manager has 200 75 rated players but if someone's got the best 30 players it's very boring.

And if a manager did have 30 of the best players in the game' date=' he would have no problem having squad rotation by replacing like with like quality. So in effect it doesnt punish them at all.[/quote']

It does. It's impossible to give those 30 players the 70% of games they need to remain happy so some will get concerned.

Whereas most other people are having to drop higher rated players just to accomodate lower rated ones so they dont start developing concerns (and can continue having a squad that covers for the season)

Isn't that realistic though? I don't know of any RL side whose cover is as good as their first team. Playing the reserves means you take a small hit in quality. Or you can mix and match first and second string if you prefer.

I'm not against concerns' date=' I'm all for them if implemented correctly.[/quote']

I think they're doing what they're intended to do.

Correct' date=' squad cap and player concerns are completely different, so why have they decided to try and solve one of those problems (huge squads) by having ott concerns?

And if a manager did have 30 of the best players in the game, he would have no problem having squad rotation by replacing like with like quality. So in effect it doesnt punish them at all.

I'm not against concerns, I'm all for them if implemented correctly.[/quote']

I don't see any problem with concerns thus far, they seem to be doing the job just fine, the only people suffering are those with huge highly rated squads and those who don't understand the way SM works. In fact in one of my teams I have 30 90+ players in my first team and 8 90+ players out on loan, out of all those players only 1 player has a 'lack of games concern' and only on level 1 at that, and come the next review he will drop that concern having thus far achieved 89% of games so far this season, though I'll be the first to admit that concerns will force me to sell 3 of my players, so it would appear to be doing it's job.

Edit; forgot the morale of the story;

SO as you can see concerns are probably far from over the top, and could in-fact be jacked up a little, but then SM would be taking the fun out of the game for many managers who don't want to sit here all day playing a game or don't have the time too. SO instead of whinging about the system, just play the game

Sorry, but having players develop concerns based on a strict formula is not realistic. Some players are more than happy to be no more than a squad player, does SM take this into account? Would a 90 rated player really sign for a club when he has 2 much higher rated players ahead of him then start complaining after 25 games (because he hasnt played 70 odd %)?

And I dont see whats fun about having to sit down and calculate how many games you should be giving someone in order to keep within SM's regulations.

Thats not realstic either, it's not organic, it's turning it into a glorified spreadsheet.

Sorry' date=' but having players develop concerns based on a strict formula is not realistic. Some players are more than happy to be no more than a squad player, does SM take this into account? Would a 90 rated player really sign for a club when he has 2 much higher rated players ahead of him then start complaining after 25 games (because he hasnt played 70 odd %)?[/quote']

How else do you expect it to happen?! Everything about SM is based on formulae because that's the essence of a football simulator. Would you prefer it if players refused to sign for your club on the premise of not seeing first team opportunities? The forum would be awash with complaints that they people can't sign players.

And I dont see whats fun about having to sit down and calculate how many games you should be giving someone in order to keep within SM's regulations.

Thats not realstic either' date=' it's not organic, it's turning it into a glorified spreadsheet.[/quote']

I've never sat down and calculated. Mainly because my reserves are usually of a rating where they're happy to be reserves (they'll rise in the future and take their places in the first team) but also because I naturally rotate through injuries/fitness/suspension/formation and I've never had a problem with concerns.

If you want to keep a squad of stars you have to rotate an awful lot and if you can't be bothered with that then lose them to concerns or trade them out for lower rated but better in the long term players.

How else do you expect it to happen?! Everything about SM is based on formulae because that's the essence of a football simulator. Would you prefer it if players refused to sign for your club on the premise of not seeing first team opportunities? The forum would be awash with complaints that they people can't sign players.

Yep, that would be great. The ability to negotiate a contract with a player taking into account how much you want to offer them, for how long and what part they will play in your squad.

At least then you would be getting punished appropriately for not giving players who you said would figure in say 75% of games.

I have a few players concerned about lack of games, i've been playing them recently and been playing them constantly in all cup competitions. One question though...

Do SMFA cup competitions (for gold members) count as 'games played' when taking a players concerns into consideration or am i just wasting my team playing them in these cups?

I have a few players concerned about lack of games' date=' i've been playing them recently and been playing them constantly in all cup competitions. One question though...

Do SMFA cup competitions (for gold members) count as 'games played' when taking a players concerns into consideration or am i just wasting my team playing them in these cups?[/quote']

Pretty sure only league games count. Regular games in Cups or SMFA competitions will still get concerns

I have a few players concerned about lack of games' date=' i've been playing them recently and been playing them constantly in all cup competitions. One question though...

Do SMFA cup competitions (for gold members) count as 'games played' when taking a players concerns into consideration or am i just wasting my team playing them in these cups?[/quote']

Yes, only the league games count for getting concern levels but SMFA comp's and cup games count towards reducing them, if you go into the tactics page and hoer over the player, you'll get the number of games played. This is how I calculate which layers need more game time and which players should remain happy

I think that instead of a player being forced to move you can be given the option to accept or reject the request. If you reject the request the player then will have to remain at the club until their contract expires. As a result they would not want to resign unless they start playing more games in the next season. This will give managers a chance to keep their squad together.

Last week I lost Ozil Busquets and Pedro because i was trying to make my 90 players happier which was very annoying.

Also 90 players should be able to be loaned out. In my teams if i have loaned out a 90 player for a season they have all requested transfers before the season finished this is unrealistic as well.

You guys dont know what i suffer in my team. I have 2 good keepers.Hart amd Valdes i loaned hart out to give him playing chance and what next do i get after 1 month a level 3 loaned out concern. I have aguero benzema gomez messi suarez as strikers and with 5 strikers like this who would you drop that will not get concern.In defence i have pique terry vermalin chiellini sakho contrao sagna vertoghen and many more . All am saying is that i have too many top players and excess youth players and half my top players are getting concerns cause they are not getting enough playing chance and if i loan them out they will also get concern so soccermanager should remove the loaned concerns.

You guys dont know what i suffer in my team. I have 2 good keepers.Hart amd Valdes i loaned hart out to give him playing chance and what next do i get after 1 month a level 3 loaned out concern. I have aguero benzema gomez messi suarez as strikers and with 5 strikers like this who would you drop that will not get concern.In defence i have pique terry vermalin chiellini sakho contrao sagna vertoghen and many more . All am saying is that i have too many top players and excess youth players and half my top players are getting concerns cause they are not getting enough playing chance and if i loan them out they will also get concern so soccermanager should remove the loaned concerns.

So concerns are doing their job then? :) Simply, you are hogging all the best players and they are quite rightly getting concerns which might force you to sell a couple of them.

I'm liking the concerns but they do seem a little on the harsh side, especially with loaned out players (youngsters usually go out on loan)

I'm not a big player hogger by any means but my squads are decent, I'm rotating a hell of alot and still get concerns where the player has had 22+ games in a season. Seems unrealistic.

Ryo Miyaichi

Contract - 3 seasons 12,000 per turn

Level 3: Very Concerned

Wants an increase in wages

Ryo MIYAICHI expects a wage of up to £12,000, his agent and your Chairman will negotiate the exact amount.

why is he concern!!!???

i offered him a 5 yr contract and concern went away but he is still getting 12k so.... weird!!