Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Monteiro WALLYSON - Wants an increase in wages, so I offered a new contract..

He was being paid £21,000 a week before the new contract

After signing the new contract he is now paid £18,600 a week..

His concerns have been removed, now I know if I wanted a pay rise and actually received a pay decrease - I wouldn't be impressed.

Are players auto listed at a culmination of level 5 concerns as a player Im interested in' date=' in 1 set-up has had "not playing concern" level 4 since August 2nd and "wages concern" level 1 concern since October 11th....?![/quote']

yup-it usually appears in gameworld news..

Are players auto listed at a culmination of level 5 concerns as a player Im interested in' date=' in 1 set-up has had "not playing concern" level 4 since August 2nd and "wages concern" level 1 concern since October 11th....?![/quote']

Once a concern reaches level 5 he'll be auto listed. If the levels of more than 1 concern total 7 they'll be auto listed too (ie Level 3 wage concern and Level 4 lack of games)

The concerns still needs some work.

I took over a Leeds Utd a while ago where most of their best players had lvl4 converns. I have played these players as much as possible since taking the side over.

My striker, an 88 rated player, moved up to a lvl5 last week and requested a transfer.

I was powerless to prevent this from happening. I sent a ticket to SM asking them what I could have done differently to have a bog standard 'check the help section' response.

The only time this striker didn't start for me was when his fitness was less than 80%. I played him constantly in front of an 89 rated, younger striker, to try and reduce his concerns, to no avail.

Next time I consider taking over a team if any of their better players have lvl4 concerns then I wont go near the side as there is a very good chance the better players will leave regardless of what you do as a manager.

A very disappointing experience.

The concerns still needs some work.

I took over a Leeds Utd a while ago where most of their best players had lvl4 converns. I have played these players as much as possible since taking the side over.

My striker' date=' an 88 rated player, moved up to a lvl5 last week and requested a transfer.

I was powerless to prevent this from happening. I sent a ticket to SM asking them what I could have done differently to have a bog standard 'check the help section' response.

The only time this striker didn't start for me was when his fitness was less than 80%. I played him constantly in front of an 89 rated, younger striker, to try and reduce his concerns, to no avail.

Next time I consider taking over a team if any of their better players have lvl4 concerns then I wont go near the side as there is a very good chance the better players will leave regardless of what you do as a manager.

A very disappointing experience.[/quote']

Concerns are based on percentages so if a player has hit level 4, the likelihood is that he'll go on to level 5. I treat level 4 as a time to sell on my terms.

You raise a good point though in that you're a new manager and couldn't do anything. I understand SM's stance where a manager could quit and rejoin and have a concern-free squad though.

I think a good solution would be that a change in manager would keep the concern level but reset the game count. So if you took a team full of level 4 concerns and played them, they'd reduce but if you just quit and rejoined and carried on as you were, they'd move up to level 5.

Concerns are based on percentages so if a player has hit level 4' date=' the likelihood is that he'll go on to level 5. I treat level 4 as a time to sell on my terms.

You raise a good point though in that you're a new manager and couldn't do anything. I understand SM's stance where a manager could quit and rejoin and have a concern-free squad though.

I think a good solution would be that a change in manager would keep the concern level but reset the game count. So if you took a team full of level 4 concerns and played them, they'd reduce but if you just quit and rejoined and carried on as you were, they'd move up to level 5.[/quote']

In the case of unmanaged sides could the AI utilize players more effectively so that they don't play the same players every game and thus aggravate the situation?

I agree with having player concerns in the game. It stops player hogging.

In one of my leagues for example where player concerns are off Barca have 11 first team strikers. 11!! He has Rooney, Messi, Villa, Tevez, Rossi, Aguero, Benzema, Andy Carroll and a few other less known ones. So I sent him a message asking him if he would sell one of them to me and his reply was no why should he? Player concerns are not on so they won't become unhappy.

However, I just don't think they have got the balance right yet. Players take far too long to drop down a level when they are concerned. Sometimes it takes nearly a whole season. Also u put players in your starting 11 and give them a run of games and they go UP a level in concerned about their lack of games. That's not right at all!

Take my man utd team for example. Anderson becomes unhappy at his lack of games so I throw him in the first team. He plays 10 games straight and he goes up from level 1 to level 2 unhappy. WHAT?? What the hell is the point in that? How is that realistic?

Also like people have been saying u loan a player out so he gets some games. He plays regularly in the first team and he then becomes unhappy because he has been loaned out. Surely it would make more sense to have something in place where if a player u try to loan out doesn't want to go on loan he just says no to the move! Makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.

They need to take another look at it and address the issues because there are quite a few. I've just had a 75 rated 17 year old become unhappy about his lack of games in another of my teams. There is no way players should be like that at that age with that kind of rating.

It needs a revamp. Players should refuse to sign a new contract if they are unhappy. When in football do u see a chairman step in and say to the manager that one of your players is unhappy so I'm selling him for a cut down price and u have no say at all? It doesn't happen in the real world!

I think it should come down to contracts. If a player is unhappy and u do nothing about it then they won't sign a new contract. Therefore u could lose a very good player for nothing. If u know u can't turn the situation around then u would have to sell him before his contract runs out. I don't think its fair for teams to lose 95 rated players for probably 10-20 million less than they would normally get for them just because the chairman steps in!

To sum up it needs to be in the game but it still needs tweaking!

My question is: IF U have a player injured, when he's better & he's still on 39% fitness, do the lack of games start counting against him straightaway? I don't like to play anyone until they reach 100%, which might take 3 to 4 game times if u count cup matches??

Obviously if someone is already on concern 2 & needs 70% appearances this could prove decisive?? Anyone have an opinion?

Did I read it right that a player has to play something like 25+ games a season to not develop concerns?

As far as I am aware the player wants to have played 75% of games.

For example:

If you have Messi' date=' but only play him for 7/20 of your games (less than the 15 games - 75%) then he may develop a level 1 concern.

[b']If you play him for the next 20 games straight, totaling 27/40, he will still go up a concern (to level 2) as this 27/40 is less than 30 games (75%).[/b]

This is the concept people fail to grasp.

yup-it usually appears in gameworld news..

Strange the player I mentioned has been at level 5 due to a culmunation of a level 4 and a level 1 concern for a few months then.. Should I raise a ticket? I cant find where I would do that.

For example:

If you have Messi' date=' but only play him for 7/20 of your games (less than the 15 games - 75%) then he may develop a level 1 concern.

[b']If you play him for the next 20 games straight, totaling 27/40, he will still go up a concern (to level 2) as this 27/40 is less than 30 games (75%).[/b]

Thanks, I didn't know about the 'cumulative totals'

How many will a player need to play in a 20 team division season?

Do you add to or decrease concerns when selecting cup games, SMFA and friendlies?

Thanks' date=' I didn't know about the 'cumulative totals'

How many will a player need to play in a 20 team division season?

Do you add to or decrease concerns when selecting cup games, SMFA and friendlies?[/quote']

I found this in the game (key info in bold):

Within your squad the higher rated players expect to play the majority of games and as the ratings get worse they expect to play less and less games. All competitions are taken into consideration except friendlies' date=' however, if a player is out injured then this will not effect his lack of playing time. The younger players within your squad (especially those under 21) are content to bide their time [b']unless of course they are good enough to play[/b] (due to being amongst the higher rated players within your squad). This is because the younger players do not expect to play as many games as older players and therefore won't develop concerns about not playing. It is also worth noting that younger players (especially those under 21) stay happier for longer (unless they are good enough to play in the team) and once they get over this age limit they start to want more games or will wish to move on to further their careers.

Concerns will stay with players across seasons and they will pass from one season to the next. If your unsure why a player already has a concern in a new season they must have carried it over from last season. It is also important to note that an injured player can still develop a concern or increase a level if he had not played enough games prior to being injured.

If a player is not playing enough games then they will develop a concern and you will receive a new Club Message notifying you of this. The SMFA can provide no information on how to rectify this situation. Obviously playing someone unhappy due to lack of games will help them, but how many games, out of how many? By informing people of the exact number of games may enable people to play the system too effectively and therefore it is up to the managers to figure out. However, your best players will expect to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between expecting a number of games in between. A youth player may expect to play in just 1 game or come off the bench a few times (unless they are good enough to play in the team). With regards to in-game substitutions, if a player comes on as a substitute then it will count as half an appearance irrespective of what minute they entered the match.

For example if a player was on a Level 2 concern on Turn 1. He expects to play 70% of games and you start playing him from Turn 1 in 7/10 games. Then come Turn 20 and he has played 14 games then he will be happy and his concern will drop to Level 1. If however you did not play him and then on Turn 20 he went to a Level 3 and then on Turn 30 went to Level 4 and then you started playing him you may struggle to keep him because by Turn 38 he would have wanted to have played 28 games that season but you can only play him in 8. Then by turn 38 he will demand a transfer despite playing the last 8 games as he has become concerned about lack of playing time in the current and previous season.

There is more info available in the game help system.

Strange the player I mentioned has been at level 5 due to a culmunation of a level 4 and a level 1 concern for a few months then.. Should I raise a ticket? I cant find where I would do that.
For more than one concern they need to add to 7. Since level 4 and level 1 don't total 7 he'll not be transfer listed. See my post from yesterday..
Once a concern reaches level 5 he'll be auto listed. If the levels of more than 1 concern total 7 they'll be auto listed too (ie Level 3 wage concern and Level 4 lack of games)

For example:

Hopefully in future updates SM will provide us with an inbuilt calculator.

Can someone please explain why Raphael VARANE has become CONCERNED ABOUT LACK OF APPEARANCES!!!!!!!!

1- HE IS 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-HE IS 85!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3- HE IS NOWHERE NEAR THE STANDARD OF RATING MY OTHER DEFENDERS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that the logic behind concerns for younger than 21 was that ONLY IF THEY ARE GUD ENOUGH FOR FIRST TEAM they will get concerned!!!!!

What am i meant to do play an 85 along side 90's?????????

Alos Sebastien CORCHIA is 21 an 87 and is also concerned about lack of games!!!

This 21 and under not getting concerned unless they are gud enough for first team is a myth!!!!! Its stupid that im forced to play them when they are 5-6 ratings below my first team defenders!!!!

Im hoping that playing them in SMFA champions cup and all the cup games (8 min) will be enough for them to decrease theyre concern (never mind that im throwing away cup games now just to be used for a run out of all my youth so they dont become unhappy as well) I play youth in Cup games that tax fatigue as i like to keep my first team fresh for league, but now i have to play youth in SMFA wich is potential big money earner for a team like panathinaikos who bearly fills 30,000 in league games (50-60k attendance for SMFA) Unless i get cup runs my youth wont play!!!

Last season i went out of ALL the cups very early and as a result only played my best 11 every turn (only naking changes when suspensions or injury) as a result i think this caused VARANE and CORCHIA to become unhappy the following season as they had not played all season before BUT this is not acceptable as they are both well short of acceptable rating to start and are still VERY YOUNG so they shud be happy biding there time on bech for now with ny other youth (who are not unhappy)

MUNIAIN i can understand (just!!!!) he is 88 and 18 and is 2 rating points short of first team but he still is 18!!!!!

SORT IT OUT SM

MUNAIAN 18/88

CORCHIA 21/87

VARANE 18/85

They shud all not have concerns my average age/rating of startin 11 is 90/24 all fall below this WELL BELOW THIS!"!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!

Well in one of my teams (which has a first-11 average rating of 85) Uros Cosic (19, 75) has now got a Level 2 Lack Of Games concern which I think is a bit unfair!

I thought perhaps it's going by the average rating of the first 18 players (as there are only 11 players in the "First Team" anyway) but that average is still 82.5, should a 75 rated youth player get concerned over this?

Hopefully in future updates SM will provide us with an inbuilt calculator.

I suppose it would be nice if it showed their percentages. However I doubt this' date=' let alone anything showing how many games a player needs, will ever be introduced though as it makes concerns much easier to manage and people would just keep their players 1% above the threshold all the time. SM have said they want managers to figure out the percentages for concerns themselves.

Can someone please explain why Raphael VARANE has become CONCERNED ABOUT LACK OF APPEARANCES!!!!!!!!

1- HE IS 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-HE IS 85!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3- HE IS NOWHERE NEAR THE STANDARD OF RATING MY OTHER DEFENDERS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that the logic behind concerns for younger than 21 was that ONLY IF THEY ARE GUD ENOUGH FOR FIRST TEAM they will get concerned!!!!!

What am i meant to do play an 85 along side 90's?????????

Alos Sebastien CORCHIA is 21 an 87 and is also concerned about lack of games!!!

This 21 and under not getting concerned unless they are gud enough for first team is a myth!!!!! Its stupid that im forced to play them when they are 5-6 ratings below my first team defenders!!!!

It is not a "myth" that younger players are meant to get concerns about lack of games if they are not near the first team standard.

Are you sure you mean "lack of games" and not "lack of opportunities"? I assume you meant lack of games, as this is what you said, but the two are completely different. On the basis it is lack of games, then I would suggest sending a Bug ticket to SM explaining your situation and asking why it contrasts to he Online Help which says the following about young players in the Lack of Games section;

The younger players within your squad (especially those under 21) are content to bide their time unless of course they are good enough to play (due to being amongst the higher rated players within your squad). This is because the younger players do not expect to play as many games as older players and therefore won't develop concerns about not playing. It is also worth noting that younger players (especially those under 21) stay happier for longer (unless they are good enough to play in the team) and once they get over this age limit they start to want more games or will wish to move on to further their careers.

A word of warning, if you go mad with caps lock and shift+1 on a ticket to SM they will probably just close your ticket without responding. It's irrititating to everyone on the forum so I expect it is 100x more so to SM who receive tickets every day.

Im hoping that playing them in SMFA champions cup and all the cup games (8 min) will be enough for them to decrease theyre concern (never mind that im throwing away cup games now just to be used for a run out of all my youth so they dont become unhappy as well) I play youth in Cup games that tax fatigue as i like to keep my first team fresh for league' date=' but now i have to play youth in SMFA wich is potential big money earner for a team like panathinaikos who bearly fills 30,000 in league games (50-60k attendance for SMFA) Unless i get cup runs my youth wont play!!!

Last season i went out of ALL the cups very early and as a result only played my best 11 every turn (only naking changes when suspensions or injury) as a result i think this caused VARANE and CORCHIA to become unhappy the following season as they had not played all season before BUT this is not acceptable as they are both well short of acceptable rating to start and are still VERY YOUNG so they shud be happy biding there time on bech for now with ny other youth (who are not unhappy)

MUNIAIN i can understand (just!!!!) he is 88 and 18 and is 2 rating points short of first team but he still is 18!!!!!

SORT IT OUT SM

MUNAIAN 18/88

CORCHIA 21/87

VARANE 18/85

They shud all not have concerns my average age/rating of startin 11 is 90/24 all fall below this WELL BELOW THIS!"!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

You're talking to the community, not SM.

It's hard to say why this is happening without knowing your entire team. Corchia and Varane are both defenders and we don't know what your other defenders are like.

If your first choice back four consist of 90 rated defenders, and there are no players in between them and Varane/Corchia, then I would expect Varane and Corchia to want some game time as they will be "amongst the higher rated players within your squad" within their position.

If your 90 rated back four consisted of a RM/RB, two DM/CBs, and an LM/LB, these are all considered by SM to be midfielders not defenders. Which means that players you perceive as fringe or low choice defenders might actually be first choice/fringe players in SM's opinion that should expect games.

Perhaps worth thinking about value as well. As Varane is so young, his value might be pretty close to that of a 90 rated 24 year old in your side. The online help suggests concerns are just on rating but I wonder if this is accurate as generally SM value players based on the combined effect of rating and age. I am just speculating here though.

Well in one of my teams (which has a first-11 average rating of 85) Uros Cosic (19' date=' 75) has now got a Level 2 Lack Of Games concern which I think is a bit unfair!

I thought perhaps it's going by the average rating of the first 18 players (as there are only 11 players in the "First Team" anyway) but that average is still 82.5, should a 75 rated youth player get concerned over this?[/quote']

Again, I would suggest a Bug ticket if after reading the above you still think this is wrong.

I suppose it would be nice if it showed their percentages. However I doubt this' date=' let alone anything showing how many games a player needs, will ever be introduced though as it makes concerns much easier to manage and people would just keep their players 1% above the threshold all the time. SM have said they want managers to figure out the percentages for concerns themselves.

It is not a "myth" that younger players are meant to get concerns about lack of games if they are not near the first team standard.

Are you sure you mean "lack of games" and not "lack of opportunities"? I assume you meant lack of games, as this is what you said, but the two are completely different. On the basis it is lack of games, then I would suggest sending a Bug ticket to SM explaining your situation and asking why it contrasts to he Online Help which says the following about young players in the Lack of Games section;

A word of warning, if you go mad with caps lock and shift+1 on a ticket to SM they will probably just close your ticket without responding. It's irrititating to everyone on the forum so I expect it is 100x more so to SM who receive tickets every day.

You're talking to the community, not SM.

It's hard to say why this is happening without knowing your entire team. Corchia and Varane are both defenders and we don't know what your other defenders are like.

If your first choice back four consist of 90 rated defenders, and there are no players in between them and Varane/Corchia, then I would expect Varane and Corchia to want [i']some [/i]game time as they will be "amongst the higher rated players within your squad" within their position.

If your 90 rated back four consisted of a RM/RB, two DM/CBs, and an LM/LB, these are all considered by SM to be midfielders not defenders. Which means that players you perceive as fringe or low choice defenders might actually be first choice/fringe players in SM's opinion that should expect games.

Perhaps worth thinking about value as well. As Varane is so young, his value might be pretty close to that of a 90 rated 24 year old in your side. The online help suggests concerns are just on rating but I wonder if this is accurate as generally SM value players based on the combined effect of rating and age. I am just speculating here though.

Again, I would suggest a Bug ticket if after reading the above you still think this is wrong.

Thanx for the advise My team has four 17/18 yr old who are 75-83 LB/CB/RB but also have Douglas 89 CB, Alderwiereld 89 CB/RB, Bochetti 89 CB/LB, Baines 90 LB/LM, Castro 90 Def/DM, Song 91 DM/CB (maybe doesnt count then) and Wollshied 85 CB.

MAybe VARANE and Corchia are in the middle as there are 5 below them rating wise and 5 above them

I heard that SMFA and cup competitions are taken into account when trying to give a player games in order to reduce concern about lack of games.

I also heard that the percentage of games must exeed 75% for starters and between 50-60% for youth who are unhappy and rated below 1st team.

My question to the community is Adam Johnson has played 4 games this season for me (3 SMFA, 1 champ cup) only five games have gone by in my league. Does this mean he thinks he has played 80% of my games? If the percentage is worked out on how many league games are available to him or the amount of total games available to him (league and cup combined) in which case its 5 league, 3 SMFA, 1 cup total 9 an he has played 4 so 40%

Am i getting away with cup games contributing or are the cup games just widening the percentages so he has to play more. In some of the examples e.g. with messi below it says .../38 games, does this mean just league or am i reading to much into the example and that was purly for percentage example. Thanx again guys:)