Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

You raise a good point though in that you're a new manager and couldn't do anything. I understand SM's stance where a manager could quit and rejoin and have a concern-free squad though.

I think a good solution would be that a change in manager would keep the concern level but reset the game count. So if you took a team full of level 4 concerns and played them' date=' they'd reduce but if you just quit and rejoined and carried on as you were, they'd move up to level 5.[/quote']

Agreed. I think it would be beneficial if SM would allow a manager a 'grace period' when they took over a new club and allow that manager a chance to arrest the current rise of player concerns which were the fault of the previous management.

It would seem both sensible and fair and encourage new managers of clubs to remain with that club instead of it ending up on the managerless scrapheap again.

I heard that SMFA and cup competitions are taken into account when trying to give a player games in order to reduce concern about lack of games.

Yes' date=' they count. Everything apart from friendlies count.

SMFA games count as "bonus" games for concerns; so they only work in your favour.

For example, if a player plays 5/10 leagues games he has 50%. If he plays 5/10 league games and 1/5 SMFA cups, he is counted as having played 6/10 games i.e. 60%.

If you are trying alleviate player concerns, SMFA cup games are really useful. Would recommend the Online Help, as it says all the facts:

[url']http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=83[/url]

My question to the community is Adam Johnson has played 4 games this season for me (3 SMFA' date=' 1 champ cup) only five games have gone by in my league. Does this mean he thinks he has played 80% of my games? If the percentage is worked out on how many league games are available to him or the amount of total games available to him (league and cup combined) in which case its 5 league, 3 SMFA, 1 cup total 9 an he has played 4 so 40%[/quote']

It is total games played in everything except friendlies, divided by games he could have played in excluding SMFA cup/shield, times 100 to get the percentage.

So if he has played 3 SMFA, 1 cup game (out of one possible), and 0/5 league games, he has played 3/6 games or 50%.

If any of his appearances were as a sub (or if he came off as a sub) that counts as half of an appearance.

Am i getting away with cup games contributing or are the cup games just widening the percentages so he has to play more. In some of the examples e.g. with messi below it says .../38 games' date=' does this mean just league or am i reading to much into the example and that was purly for percentage example. Thanx again guys:)[/quote']

Domestic cup games will help if you field your concenred player but likewise they can cripple a concerned player's percentage if you limit his appearances in all competitions as it is obviously harder to come back from a low percentage over a large number of games then it is a low percentage having played only a few.

I also heard that the percentage of games must exeed 75% for starters and between 50-60% for youth who are unhappy and rated below 1st team.

In the Online Help it confirms that first team players will normally want 65-70% of games.

SM don't comment on the percentage required for youth below the first team. Logically it should probably taper off; i.e. something like:

First XI - Over 65%

Second XI - 50-65%

Third XI - 30-50%

(I am just making these figures up though' date=' never bothered to calculate it. Perhaps someone has.)

Generally, youth should not get concerned about lack of games unless they are close to your first XI. In my large sides I tend to find that youth players get concerned about lack of opportunities; i.e. too many people ahead of them in the pecking order. In my high rated sides, most players don't get concerned unless rated high and aged over 24.

How do i request a bug ticket? Its not that i may use it (as reasons are explained very thoroughly by the community) but ive heard peeps saying they put a bug ticket in!

If you go to Help in the top right corner of the game when logged in, click Report Bugs, then select None of the Above from the bottom of the screen, the Create Bug Ticket. Should be straightforward from there.

Let say a player is available for 38 games last season and he played half of them (19), so his playing percentage was 50%. In the new season, he played 5 out of 5 games.

How is the playing percentage being calculated in the following season?

Is it (19 + 5) / (38 + 5) * 100% OR the percentage is recalculated in the new season as 5 / 5 * 100% ??

Let say a player is available for 38 games last season and he played half of them (19)' date=' so his playing percentage was 50%. In the new season, he played 5 out of 5 games.

How is the playing percentage being calculated in the following season?

Is it (19 + 5) / (38 + 5) * 100% OR the percentage is recalculated in the new season as 5 / 5 * 100% ??[/quote']

I think I remember percentages were calculated over numerous seasons. I can't remember how many 'numerous' is though :P

Domestic cup games will help if you field your concenred player but likewise they can cripple a concerned player's percentage if you limit his appearances in all competitions as it is obviously harder to come back from a low percentage over a large number of games then it is a low percentage having played only a few.

Thanx so much for the thorough reply its very usefull,

So by playing concerned players in cup games that are not SMFA its actually hindering them? If i play them in ALL available cup games and not league games theyre percentage is greater than if i played them in just SMFA?

Seems wierd that playing them in SMFA and World champ cup/Shield is worse than just playing SMFA! Surly the percentage of available games to them does not change, because even if u didnt include them in cup or league, they still CUD have played. Every game is available to them so the percentage is worked out on the amount of fixtures u had at the end of ur season on ur scheduel.

Thankyou again for ur time

Hi need some help.

I might sell a Modric off who is concerned about lack of games level 4 but I thought I could send him out on loan to reduce this until I read this

"If a player is unhappy at his lack of games at your club and then you send him out on loan and he is unhappy about the loan move then the players concerns about lack of playing time will not reduce."

Is this true in your experience?

Sell him.

I've just had Nilmar hand in a transfer request, even though he hit level 4 a month ago and I've played him in every single one of my games since. Yes thats right, 14 games out of 14 apparently wasnt enough to convince him.

An absoloute farce. :D

As far as I am aware the player wants to have played 75% of games.

For example:

If you have Messi' date=' but only play him for 7/20 of your games (less than the 15 games - 75%) then he may develop a level 1 concern.

[b']If you play him for the next 20 games straight[/b], totaling 27/40, he will still go up a concern (to level 2) as this 27/40 is less than 30 games (75%).

This is the concept people fail to grasp.

Sell him.

I've just had Nilmar hand in a transfer request' date=' even though he hit level 4 a month ago and [b']I've played him in every single one of my games since[/b]. Yes thats right, 14 games out of 14 apparently wasnt enough to convince him.

An absoloute farce. :D

Erm.... Please read the in-game help for more details regarding concerns, as you will find it is far from a farce.

Hi need some help.

I might sell a Modric off who is concerned about lack of games level 4 but I thought I could send him out on loan to reduce this until I read this

"If a player is unhappy at his lack of games at your club and then you send him out on loan and he is unhappy about the loan move then the players concerns about lack of playing time will not reduce."

Is this true in your experience?

Don't know whether it's true or not but I highly doubt Modric will be happy about going out on loan. How often has he played for you? If it isn't much then try and get a decent p/e deal for him now, or wait until he reaches Level 5 and it's likely you'll get more cash than if you sold him normally.

I've read it.

It's a farce.

Well if you have read it I imagine you only skim-read it' date=' or ignored most of it. Otherwise how do you explain this post:

I've just had Nilmar hand in a transfer request, even though he hit level 4 a month ago and I've played him in every single one of my games since. Yes thats right, 14 games out of 14 apparently wasnt enough to convince him.

An absoloute farce.

When quite clearly the in game help states:

For example if a player was on a Level 2 concern on Turn 1. He expects to play 70% of games and you start playing him from Turn 1 in 7/10 games. Then come Turn 20 and he has played 14 games then he will be happy and his concern will drop to Level 1. If however you did not play him and then on Turn 20 he went to a Level 3 and then on Turn 30 went to Level 4 and then you started playing him you may struggle to keep him because by Turn 38 he would have wanted to have played 28 games that season but you can only play him in 8. Then by turn 38 he will demand a transfer despite playing the last 8 games as he has become concerned about lack of playing time in the current and previous season.

Don't know whether it's true or not but I highly doubt Modric will be happy about going out on loan. How often has he played for you? If it isn't much then try and get a decent p/e deal for him now' date=' or wait until he reaches Level 5 and it's likely you'll get more cash than if you sold him normally.[/quote']

Not that often because I have him and De Rossi as back ups for the CMs and De Rossi is used more. Ill try and trade him for someone and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Well if you have read it I imagine you only skim-read it' date=' or ignored most of it. Otherwise how do you explain this post:

When quite clearly the in game help states:[/quote']

Only in the brainless world of whoever devised this particular concept of concerns would a player come to a manager with a big concern about not playing enough games, then play a 100% of the next 14 games in a row only to leave anyway.

How about they put a little line in the coding where the player would actually use his brain and think "hmm I complained about not playing enough, since then I've played every game, maybe the manager wants to keep me and I'll stay around a little longer"

Nooooo we cant have that, he didnt play 73.2% of games or whatever farcical figure SM has decided to adopt.

Instead of spending time scouting players and buying them I'll devise a spreadsheet so I know exactly how many games I can play players, that'll be fun.

I'll name it ranieritinkermangamepercentage.xls

Don't know if this has been brought up, if it has i apoligise

but concerns for gold gameworld and standard gameworld need to be altered specificaly for each type of gameworld.

in standard worlds Im at risk of losing players like neymar and mvilla sakho hummerls etc etc because i have not old players like villa messi alonso mascarano puyol pique in my team etc

should i have to choose between exsperienced top players and the next big things?

also because standard gameworlds have few managers in them 20 max usually it leads to everyone having similar squads (NO SKILL) it result in the game becoming quiet boring and level.. this isa major worry for me tbh.. what do others think?

SM should not be so concerned about creating a "level" playing field for everyone, there should be a level between good managers and managers that dont play the game as well etc..

gold gameworld concerns seem fine tbh just standard

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, however from personal expereience,

last season I sent Bonnuci, Koscielny, Ganso, Kroos, Martinez J, Pjanic, Gervinho all out on loan as they would be no where near close to my first team & none got any concerns.

Yes' date=' they count. Everything apart from friendlies count.

SMFA games count as "bonus" games for concerns; so they only work in your favour.[/quote']

Never let it be said that Soccermanager aren't clever (or should that be devious)... I've recently bought in three defenders for my main side, which takes my total of 90 + defenders up to 7. Having done the sums, keeping them all happy on a minimum of 40 games (the league games, plus at least 2 in the knockouts) when I have other players to rotate would be essentially impossible. Therefore, on seeing the Gold Management deduction, I've taken the plunge and bought that to ensure I can field the side I would like in the SMFA Competitions and juggle concerns a bit easier.

clever-girl.jpg

I took this from the online help:

Within your squad the higher rated players expect to play the majority of games and as the ratings get worse they expect to play less and less games. All competitions are taken into consideration except friendlies, however, if a player is out injured then this will not effect his lack of playing time. The younger players within your squad (especially those under 21) are content to bide their time unless of course they are good enough to play (due to being amongst the higher rated players within your squad). This is because the younger players do not expect to play as many games as older players and therefore won't develop concerns about not playing. It is also worth noting that younger players (especially those under 21) stay happier for longer (unless they are good enough to play in the team) and once they get over this age limit they start to want more games or will wish to move on to further their careers.

In WC10000 , I manage Barcelona. I have a couple of 90 rated players with concerns, which I can deal with, but I've got two 20/21 year olds rated 84 and 85 with level two concerns about lack of games.

LACK OF GAMES?! lol

They don't even play in real life. My 1st team is 95 rated, they don't even make the bench. I'm certain this must be a bug?!

I'm tired of concerns, I have huge squad, lot of young players, Sakho, Neymar, Gotze, Muller, Pastore, Benzema, Subotić, Hummels, Hazard and now I must fight against concerns. I bought Neymar, Gotze and other young players when they were 75-80 rated, so what should I do now when they reached 90+, and when they reach 90+(Sturridge, Welbeck, Eriksen), sell them? It's stupid... I think I should be awarded for my investment and patience, not punished. Many people says, leave that players to someone who needs them, but other managers also can do the same, invest, but no, they don't want a wait, they will rather spend all budget on 2-3 players (superstars), instead of investing in young 75-80 rated players who'll be superstars.

Concerns are ridiculous.

I'm tired of concerns' date=' I have huge squad, lot of young players, Sakho, Neymar, Gotze, Muller, Pastore, Benzema, Subotić, Hummels, Hazard and now I must fight against concerns. I bought Neymar, Gotze and other young players when they were 75-80 rated, so what should I do now when they reached 90+, and when they reach 90+(Sturridge, Welbeck, Eriksen), sell them? It's stupid... I think I should be awarded for my investment and patience, not punished. Many people says, leave that players to someone who needs them, but other managers also can do the same, invest, but no, they don't want a wait, they will rather spend all budget on 2-3 players (superstars), instead of investing in young 75-80 rated players who'll be superstars.

Concerns are ridiculous.[/quote']

Having a huge squad of superstars is more ridiculous, and also unrealistic.

From the players you named, they are all fairly good, I don't know how many more you have but if those are all of the better players then you should be able to stay away from concerns with good rotation.

Also if your gameworld is not spoiled by overwhelming economy then it should be quite challenging to maintain a big and good squad.

Here's the ticket and response I got.

You said

8 Dec 2011 20:31:47

Area of operation affected: Squad

Club Affected: World Championship 10000 (Barcelona)

URL or title of pages or area affected: Montoya and Munesia

User Agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0

I took this from the SM online help:

" The younger players within your squad (especially those under 21) are content to bide their time unless of course they are good enough to play (due to being amongst the higher rated players within your squad). This is because the younger players do not expect to play as many games as older players and therefore won't develop concerns about not playing. It is also worth noting that younger players (especially those under 21) stay happier for longer (unless they are good enough to play in the team) and once they get over this age limit they start to want more games or will wish to move on to further their careers."

In WC10000 , I manage Barcelona. I have a couple of 90 rated players with concerns, which I can deal with, but I've got two 20/21 year olds (Montoya & Muneisa) rated 84 and 85 with level two concerns about lack of games.

LACK OF GAMES?! My first team is 95 rated, and by the rules that you have set they should not be developing lack of games concerns. Please can you address this.

Thanks

Mike

They don't even play in real life. My 1st team is 95 rated, they don't even make the bench.

Soccer Manager said Soccer Manager said

15 Dec 2011 13:59:26

Hi Mike,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. This is because both of your players are good enough to play in your squad as per the on-line Help article. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

Regards

Soccer Manager Support Team

So let me get this straight. Two players, who cannot get into the Barca first team in real life, are 10 points below the average of my first team, and they are players that SM feel should be regular first teamers?

But then I have 88 rated players sat there with no concerns?

It beggars belief, and SM are spoiling the game for me.

Here's the ticket and response I got.

So let me get this straight. Two players' date=' who cannot get into the Barca first team in real life, are 10 points below the average of my first team, and they are players that SM feel should be regular first teamers?

But then I have 88 rated players sat there with no concerns?

It beggars belief, and SM are spoiling the game for me.[/quote']

It happens in real life. Think back to Fabregas, he left Barcelona when he was young, and wouldn't get into their first team. He established himself elsewhere, how he has a greater reputation and has joined back.

Perhaps you should loan out your players, or even sell them to another club - and if they 'make it' in the future you could buy them back.

The other '88s' in your club, happy to sit back, are similar to Barcelona's real-life squad players, who get little games, but are content.

It happens in real life. Think back to Fabregas' date=' he left Barcelona when he was young, and wouldn't get into their first team. He established himself elsewhere, how he has a greater reputation and has joined back.

Perhaps you should loan out your players, or even sell them to another club - and if they 'make it' in the future you could buy them back.

The other '88s' in your club, happy to sit back, are similar to Barcelona's real-life squad players, who get little games, but are content.[/quote']

That would be a lack of opportunity concern, not a lack of game time.

Sounds pretty ridiculous if you ask me and I'm usually cool with concerns.