Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

the following understanding is the best way 2 juggle concearns..

a 90 starting 11 average is a 90 starting 11 average wether messi n his 99 rating are involved or jon brown and his 70..

with no individual attributes 2 players as soon as a player sticks a concearn in if it doent fluctuate the 11 average just wak him in the side.. becomes a bit of a jugglin process to maintain top 11 average but it will slow down concearns 2 ur side.. its best way 2 deal with concearns.. u just not gota b 2 attached to the names in your side..

there 2 much head ake 4 me and reason why i wont have a first team in gcs above 30 ideally..

names r just purely names end of the day on sm.. game runs on mathematics :) ..

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Who will decide the rate at which concerns develop if it is adjustable?

the game world owner would determine the rate at whick concerns develop similarly to how the wealth of the gameworld is determined at the creation of the gameworld or at the beginning of each season

the game world owner would determine the rate at whick concerns develop similarly to how the wealth of the gameworld is determined at the creation of the gameworld or at the beginning of each season

I didn't realise that you were talking about custom game worlds. Fair enough I suppose.

maybe this has been aske before but i couldnt go through all 100pages of discussions to find out.

If lets say i make subtiturtions anywhere from 45-60-75 minuntes in a game and put in a player whos has concern after the 45th minunte will it count toward his games need it? or by subbing it just makes things worse? Do both players the one who is subbed out and the one who is subbed in will have one game completed? please help.

Riferimento: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

3-4 months ago I bought Jordan Rhodes, the Scottish goal machine.

Yesterday I received this notification: "concerned about the few opportunities had in team owner" (but Rhodes now is poor rated, only 80...)

So it is impossible to invest on older talent with even if slightly to 21 years (Rhodes 22 years old)...:(

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry as I would imagine this has been asked, but going through this entire conversation would be ridiculous. If a player on another team has requested a transfer, how long after you lodge a bid will it take for the chairman to make the deal. In my league, the manager has not logged in for the past 10 days. That should have no effect, correct? Thank you in advance :D

Sorry as I would imagine this has been asked' date=' but going through this entire conversation would be ridiculous. If a player on another team has requested a transfer, how long after you lodge a bid will it take for the chairman to make the deal. In my league, the manager has not logged in for the past 10 days. That should have no effect, correct? Thank you in advance :D[/quote']

Answer found in 20 secs by using the in-game help, indeed when he last logged on has no effect. As stated below it is simply 3-5 days after he has been listed:

If a player gets to a Level 5 concern or has multiple high concerns then they will request a transfer and be placed on the transfer list for the Chairman's asking price. You cannot turn down a transfer request or do anything to change the players mind at this stage. The club will not be able to take him off the Transfer List or adjust the price. Other clubs will then be able to make cash only bids for the player. After 3-5 days the Chairman will accept the highest bid (please note that once the transfer offers have been accepted you will not be able to withdraw your offer) and the player will be sold to that club.

Basically, if you let your player develop these concerns to either one Level 5 concern or multiple highish level concerns then they will request a transfer and you loose control of the player's sale to your Chairman. You will not be able to reject deals or negotiate a transfer deal. If however you decide to sell the player before it gets to this stage then you have full control over the sale or if you manage to appease the player before this stage and bring his concerns back down you can keep the player.

The feature has been designed to give the manager as many opportunities and warnings about a player becoming unhappy as possible and so leaving the responsibility with the manager. It takes months for a player to become this unhappy and the Chairman stepping in, the manager can either resolve the players differences or sell the player before it gets to this stage.

Please note that a player will still leave the club irrespective of the club's current squad size or number of goalkeepers.

That's it! I've pretty much had enough with this system.

I inherited a Barca team with Holger Badstuber whose concern level was 4 when I got the team. I got it down to 3 when he was injured. He was out for three months.

Concern level raised throughout the injury. He's still got 6 weeks left with the injury and has now today announced that he is demanding a transfer (concern level 5).

How the hell am I supposed to play him when he is injured? That's purely ridiculous.

That's it! I've pretty much had enough with this system.

I inherited a Barca team with Holger Badstuber whose concern level was 4 when I got the team. I got it down to 3 when he was injured. He was out for three months.

Concern level raised throughout the injury. He's still got 6 weeks left with the injury and has now today announced that he is demanding a transfer (concern level 5).

How the hell am I supposed to play him when he is injured? That's purely ridiculous.

If you check the in-game help system you would probably be less surprised' date='

Players do not count games that they missed due to injury in the number of games they expect to play in. However whilst injured a player can develop a concern or increase a concern. This simply means that the player had not played enough games before he was injured and is now deciding to display his concern.

Im on the verge of losing neymar for one of my teams.. is this fair? why should i be losing a player i bought asa youth for the future before he has even really started to get new his future possible rating, why should i have to drop my best player like messi and tevez just to play neymar and give other team better chance of beat me..

im not happy about this, i also lose mvilla and hummels {ok hummels i can keep and play as his rating is close to ferdinad and terry} but i still make team weaker, im beig punish for be good manager too much i feel.

why should i have to drop mascararno and puyol just for this?

ive spent 5 years buying these players when they were rated low, now before they reach the potatial i see in them i lose..

now is just not buy youth and only player age 25 26 as i lose youth..

in other team i lose sakho kroos hazard etc just because im good manager and i have player age 27 28 like tevez robino ronaldo messi etc

this is game not real life, why i sell robihno tevez in their PRIME for play 90 rated player s at santoos..

SM let me keep my future stars like neymar.. is not fair and i wish this on no other manager. as i say before gold gameworld this no happen just standard custom were it should be more relaxed more fun..

if i want keep neymay balotelli sakho i must sell tevez and robino.. is absurd. and have weaker team than others in same league..

Im on the verge of losing neymar for one of my teams.. is this fair? why should i be losing a player i bought asa youth for the future before he has even really started to get new his future possible rating' date=' why should i have to drop my best player like messi and tevez just to play neymar and give other team better chance of beat me..

im not happy about this, i also lose mvilla and hummels {ok hummels i can keep and play as his rating is close to ferdinad and terry} but i still make team weaker, im beig punish for be good manager too much i feel.

why should i have to drop mascararno and puyol just for this?

ive spent 5 years buying these players when they were rated low, now before they reach the potatial i see in them i lose..

now is just not buy youth and only player age 25 26 as i lose youth..

in other team i lose sakho kroos hazard etc just because im good manager and i have player age 27 28 like tevez robino ronaldo messi etc

this is game not real life, why i sell robihno tevez in their PRIME for play 90 rated player s at santoos..

SM let me keep my future stars like neymar.. is not fair and i wish this on no other manager. as i say before gold gameworld this no happen just standard custom were it should be more relaxed more fun..

if i want keep neymay balotelli sakho i must sell tevez and robino.. is absurd. and have weaker team than others in same league..[/quote']

I agree. I try to get my "second team" players into some league games as subs and they play all domestic cup games. My first team has an average age of 28 with players ratings between 93-96. I built a second team of younger players ave age 23 most 91's with a couple of 90's. While a player of course wants to play why would a 91 rated wing think he should play over Ribery. He is on a winning team in position to be the future starter. I built my squad before player concerns and i am level 3 unhappy. I can see if players were close to equal in rating or if your team was struggling but when your 6 years younger and dont approach the skill level and you're on a team that never finished lower than 2nd and won every trophy more than once you'd think it would suffice. I can see if ratings were closer a player being unhappy. I have another team with several 91's and some are getting unhappy i can deal with that but the other not so much.

I agree. I try to get my "second team" players into some league games as subs and they play all domestic cup games. My first team has an average age of 28 with players ratings between 93-96. I built a second team of younger players ave age 23 most 91's with a couple of 90's. While a player of course wants to play why would a 91 rated wing think he should play over Ribery. He is on a winning team in position to be the future starter. I built my squad before player concerns and i am level 3 unhappy. I can see if players were close to equal in rating or if your team was struggling but when your 6 years younger and dont approach the skill level and you're on a team that never finished lower than 2nd and won every trophy more than once you'd think it would suffice. I can see if ratings were closer a player being unhappy. I have another team with several 91's and some are getting unhappy i can deal with that but the other not so much.

If a player is talented in real life (say the equivalent of 91 on SM) then he is going to want to play regular games, no matter how talented the team is or the players in his position. Hazard could join Real Madrid, safe under the knowledge he would be a future starter... however I have no doubt he would grow unhappy, concerned and request to leave - to join a club where he would get regular games (e.g Spurs, Arsenal).

If you check the in-game help system you would probably be less surprised' date='[/quote']

That still doesn't make a lick of sense. If the concern was going down, which it was, why would it go back up due to the injury?

If a player is talented in real life (say the equivalent of 91 on SM) then he is going to want to play regular games' date=' no matter how talented the team is or the players in his position. Hazard could join Real Madrid, safe under the knowledge he would be a future starter... however I have no doubt he would grow unhappy, concerned and request to leave - to join a club where he would get regular games (e.g Spurs, Arsenal).[/quote']

Point taken. Funny you should mention Hazard, he is one of my unhappy players. I dont see myself as trying to hoard stars. My team is Milan and I have several aging players so I was looking to inject some younger players for the future as ratings begin to drop. I understand the reasoning but now I am forced to manage my team to keep it together instead of to win games.

The counter to the argument of "but in real life Hazard would get bored not playing" is that in real life, you don't need two decent elevens.

To progress in the cups and compete in the league, you need to have two sets of eleven in Soccermanager. The way the games are spaced and fitness' work, to have one set of eleven and some youngsters isn't enough.

The concerns have crossed the line from a sensible addition to too tightly operated for me. They could do with relaxing the percentages a bit.

The counter to the argument of "but in real life Hazard would get bored not playing" is that in real life' date=' you don't need two decent elevens.

To progress in the cups and compete in the league, you need to have two sets of eleven in Soccermanager. The way the games are spaced and fitness' work, to have one set of eleven and some youngsters isn't enough.

The concerns have crossed the line from a sensible addition to too tightly operated for me. They could do with relaxing the percentages a bit.[/quote']

That is another reason I built my team the way I did. My first season with my club I had to play some regulars 3 games a week because my squad wasnt deep enough. I suffered an extreme amount of injuries including 2 players breaking their legs in the same game so I addressed it by building a better and more complete second unit and since I have not suffered nearly as many injuries. Problem is depends on how many manged teams are in your league. In this league there are 7 so you are condensing all the upper tier players onto 7 teams. So if I have the money why would I not buy hazard or modric? If i didnt one of the other six would. If the league has more managers the talent would be more evenly spread.

• 2 weeks later...

Riferimento: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Hi!

I have a couple of youngsters (one is Ozbiliz, the other Franco Vazquez - both with 78 value) raising concerns (level 1) for lack of games.

How would you solve this issue? I let them play once, but it's unlikely that I'll have them as starter or substitutes for, I don't know, even 20% of the next games? Really, I don't feel like playing with a 78 on the pitch that will always get a vote between 3 and 6, instead of a 90 player. It isn't even realistic.

Do you have any idea on how to solve this situation?

I can sell them, it's not such a problem, but I'm really afraid this will happen with way much important players as well, in the future!

Thanks everybody!

In response to my last post i have now lost hazard sakho subotic mcvilla and about to lose neymar and balotelli..

all these in standard gameworlds..

i bought these players years ago as investmets so i have the best team..

but in order to have the best team now i need to play my best players in competitive setups..

i can only keep these youngsters if i sell tevez carvalho ferndinand robinho etc etc TO MY RIVALS..

this is obsurd, now there is no class differene in this game every team hasd the same level squad more aless in fact other teams would get stronger than me even tough ive had my teams for years and new people to the setup simple either snap up my youngesters or buy tevez robino etc..

whats the point?

the only thing stoping me from lettnh go my standrd teams is that ive had them years and there ranked on best managers list etc..

i really dont see the point if i can't "be the best" have the best teams if managed correctly on the game..

there are simply too many top rated players with too few managers managing teams in setups.. this is the cause

ive spent years building my teams and sacrificing having TOP teams straight away to devolop players now i lose them or my star players like robino carvalho etc to people hu join the setup YEARS AFTER ive started and then thy leave after few months

tell me jus play neymar etc but u must realise then i lose robiho etc and my roval have better team then me.. then when nermay 28 years at peak i must dump him to have a future youngster..

ABOSOLTLY NO SKILL ANYMORE.. pointless

snip

You should be able to keep 30 players happy (give or take a few) rated 90+ over the course of a season as long as you always try to use substitues and rotate the players where possible. I aim to give players 30 games which for the most part you can do.

So long as your average starting 11 rating is the same it doesnt matter too much which players you use from my experience. You need to rotate where possible.

You have to be more choosy with who you keep and sell. In one game world this year I've sold Lampard, Mertesecker, Tevez, Gervinho and Hamsik go. I did this to ensure keeping my core players happy.

Who is in your starting 11 + subs? I expect you want to keep too many players happy but unfortuantely concerns wont allow hoarding which is a good thing. Gameworlds would become stale and boring far too quickly otehrwise.

na disagree completly

im losing players like pjanic pastore etc aswell, im being forced to sell robino tevez who are in their prime to play neymar balotelli

playing neymar balotelli only makes my first 11 much weaker giving other manager with small squads a better first then mine.. this because i wish to have a squad so i dont have to just concentrate on league matters..

this must be done in competive league matches, in competitve setups.. the whole point of this game is to build a good first 11/team {no point having 2nd string as eventually its them or your youths and by chossing youths the gap between your first 11 and your 2nd 11 is much bigger while your rivals snap up these players or your best players.. despite being in the setup 5 years after you joined..}

the fact that ur seeling future 93/94 players and player in their prime like tevez just to keep a 90 rated player proves my whole point that there is no skill anymore, your rival now has a TOP PLAYER while you have 90 rated neymar.

with so little manaers in standards now.. its almost pointless being in such leagues as everyone has the same strenght teams

these leagues are only benifitting SM when they are created and SM get money for them after that its non playable in terms of being a good manager over being a woefull manager.. squad wise.. they simply have nont got much appeal.. its a poor gameworld format. they dont work.. only for fun no challange.. apart from having every team with the same avg in most matches.

The better manager you are the WEAKER your team gets because if you have tevez robinho and these players must be droped in league matches to play neymar balotelli its not as bad for a manager hu has podolksi and other 90 to 91 rated players..

i have also lost 90/91 rated player like gonzalez meriales etc and i have no problim with this, its the losss of my future crop that is aggrivating me.

i say this now.. there is no point buying any 16 17 18 19 year old for the future in standrd world if your a good manager who will from the outset have a good first 11.. its pointless it only makes your team weaker eventually when you want to play lucio lampard gerrard carvalo ferdinad etc over sakho subotic mvilla etc..

standards have a major issue.. infact altough their a nice little earner for SM in terms of real playabilty there useless for managers like myself now even big clubs like liverpool become unmanaged and player leave because they remain unmanaged.. too few managfer too many 90+ players = 10/20 mangers in setup with same level teams = pointless..

on avg how many managers in gold worlds compared to standrads/customs even tough same ammount of 90+ players.. just doesent work for a competive gameworld to have it the way it is now.

its like this simply sell robinho tevez carvalho ferdinad to your rivals so you can have neymar howdes mvilla.. then when you have to play mvilla howdes neymar against carvalo ferdinand robinho it defeats the whole purpose of being ina setup and building a team thats better than everyone else because in league matches your first 11 will be weaker than your opponets.. pointless

golds are fine, no issue like this in those setups.

keep your 30 players but your 2nd 11 will either be 90 rated youths who must play against 91/92+ rivals or ur 91/92 team against somebody who has bought all ur future stars..

simply understand that playing neymar balotelli in leages matches to keep him means droping messi and ibrahimovic etc.. i dont see the logic, standards for the most part are random setups most dont no about ec 4637 whatever the i.d, no reason why any manager should not be allowd play messi in every league match.

I just got Real Madrid and they played 10 league games, my average rating is 95, I have so many 94+ so last night I just saw three players concerned together there were Coentrao, Arbeloa and Sahin.

Actually i have Vidic, Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Sergio Ramos for defenders, Sneijder, Silva, Ozil for midfielders and Aguero, Rooney, Ronaldo for attackers

So Coentrao and Arebeloa are concerned so what did they wanted? to play more games than Chiellini and Ramos? and it is just 10 league games, they have 4 and 3 appearance respectively for subs. Have any one in the world seen a player becoming unhappy for just 10 league games in real life?

Sahin is also concerned and he played 3 games as sub, what did he think? to play more games than Sneijder? Just compare to in real life how much does he play for real madrid, is he unhappy for lack of games? There are just 91 and they wanted to play more games than 94's for only 10 league games played, what a logic.

SO this concerns thingy will make me quit soccermanager, it just like a childish game play.

You should be able to keep 30 players happy (give or take a few) rated 90+ over the course of a season as long as you always try to use substitues and rotate the players where possible. I aim to give players 30 games which for the most part you can do.

So long as your average starting 11 rating is the same it doesnt matter too much which players you use from my experience. You need to rotate where possible.

You have to be more choosy with who you keep and sell. In one game world this year I've sold Lampard, Mertesecker, Tevez, Gervinho and Hamsik go. I did this to ensure keeping my core players happy.

Who is in your starting 11 + subs? I expect you want to keep too many players happy but unfortuantely concerns wont allow hoarding which is a good thing. Gameworlds would become stale and boring far too quickly otehrwise.

Are you actually managing to keep 30ish+ 90+ rated players happy? Are others managing to do this?

I'm really struggling to keep 24 happy. I thought my main players expect 75% and my backups expect about 60%? Maybe I've just got my numbers all wrong.

Are you actually managing to keep 30ish+ 90+ rated players happy? Are others managing to do this?

I'm really struggling to keep 24 happy. I thought my main players expect 75% and my backups expect about 60%? Maybe I've just got my numbers all wrong.

I have managed to keep all my high 90s rated players happy. The key is let all have gametimes.