Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

I think the understanding is that league games' date=' cup and shield games DO count towards player concerns.

The SMFA competitions (which I suppose are the equivalent of European games), that only Gold Managers can control - DON'T count towards player concerns. Neither do International matches or any friendlies.

I don't know this to be fact - but it's my understanding of it.[/quote']

My understanding of it is that League Games, Cup, Shield and SMFA comps count towards getting the players game time up, but only league games are used for calculating the percentage eg

6995960492_2a1330fb41_c.jpg

As you can see from my GK Casillas who has played every game for me this season, his total appearances equal 30 (20 + 2 + 2 + 6) but for him to stay concern free he only has to play 29 games a season (38/100 x 75 = 28.5) and that's the formula I've been using successfully for my team for 3 season's now, haven't had a player leave on a level 5 concerns yet, despite having 40 90+ players, only 6 six players on lack of games concerns (all level 1 or 2 (4 dropping and 2 rising))

My understanding of it is...

Thanks for the good response.

Does that 75% of games have to be ONLY League matches or does it come from all of the matches in total (league, cups, shields, etc...) ?

It's too bad that someone from SM can't comment. It's the concerns that they put in place, and then they put fuzzy help documentation around it. Again, any clarification from them would be appreciated.

My understanding of it is that League Games' date=' Cup, Shield and SMFA comps count towards getting the players game time up, but only league games are used for calculating the percentage eg

[center']

6995960492_2a1330fb41_c.jpg[/center]

As you can see from my GK Casillas who has played every game for me this season, his total appearances equal 30 (20 + 2 + 2 + 6) but for him to stay concern free he only has to play 29 games a season (38/100 x 75 = 28.5) and that's the formula I've been using successfully for my team for 3 season's now, haven't had a player leave on a level 5 concerns yet, despite having 40 90+ players, only 6 six players on lack of games concerns (all level 1 or 2 (4 dropping and 2 rising))

How does one give 40 90+ players, 29 games each?

Thanks for the good response.

Does that 75% of games have to be ONLY League matches or does it come from all of the matches in total (league' date=' cups, shields, etc...) ?

It's too bad that someone from SM can't comment. It's the concerns that they put in place, and then they put fuzzy help documentation around it. Again, any clarification from them would be appreciated.[/quote']

Nope I've found that as long as the top players gets 29 games from all games played then he should remain happy, I've started experimenting with lower rated players game time, at the moment I give my top rated players 29+ games and work backwards from there removing one game per rating drop down eg. I aim to give Fabregas 29 games per season, Ozil gets 28, Muller 27, Hazard 26, M'Vila 25 etc and don't really worry about anything below 90, that way Fabregas gets over 75% and M'Vila gets over 65% with the other players spread between.

How does one give 40 90+ players' date=' 29 games each?[/quote']

Honestly ;) I have quite a few of them out on loan (15) which I swap in and out with other players when their concerns get to level 4. I actually plan on culling quite a few of those 40 though at the end of the season, try and upgrade them for better players. The main thing is trying to go on a good cup run and boost the number of games, as you can see with Casillas I'm 20 games into the season but he's already gotten 30 (over 75%) games.

This is my 90+ squad

6998438082_5f5fa2896a_c.jpg

(Sakho is the only player there with Lack of game concerns (dropping) the rest are Loan concerns)

---------------------------

And my 90+ players out on loan

6998438102_57ce1697a4_c.jpg

^^ Looks like a real competitive setup there :rolleyes:

I've pretty much stopped even bothering with SM now. The amount of time needed to work out the number of games each person needs to play has completely sapped the fun out of this game. Concerns are unrealistic and now have become the biggest part of the game. I log into my account periodically these days.

It's a shame.

Why would one manager having 40 x 90 rated players mean the Game World is uncompetitive?

I don't agree that managing concerns takes a lot of time. Most of my squads are massive and I never look at the number of games any of my players have played. I just look at the Reports tab in the squad view to keep abreast of who is at risk.

I don't think concerns are unrealistic. Players get concerned in real life. The game is a heap better for the existence of concerns, in my opinion, and the fact it requires me to select my squads with a bit more thought is a good thing. Presumably you mean the way Concerns are being applied in SM is unrealistic - what do you think would make it better?

Speed it up, people complain. Slow it down, people complain. I think the speed is about as good as it has been and is about right. I do think that SM need to look at the system again to address the issue of people loaning out players (in order to rotate Lack of Game / Loan concerns) but this is something that only a minority do (in SM's opinion, last I knew) so I guess it is not a major issue for most Game Worlds hence why it is has not been done.

Why would one manager having 40 x 90 rated players mean the Game World is uncompetitive?

I don't agree that managing concerns takes a lot of time. Most of my squads are massive and I never look at the number of games any of my players have played. I just look at the Reports tab in the squad view to keep abreast of who is at risk.

I don't think concerns are unrealistic. Players get concerned in real life. The game is a heap better for the existence of concerns' date=' in my opinion, and the fact it requires me to select my squads with a bit more thought is a good thing. Presumably you mean the way Concerns are being applied in SM is unrealistic - what do you think would make it better?

Speed it up, people complain. Slow it down, people complain. I think the speed is about as good as it has been and is about right. I do think that SM need to look at the system again to address the issue of people loaning out players (in order to rotate Lack of Game / Loan concerns) but this is something that only a minority do (in SM's opinion, last I knew) so I guess it is not a major issue for most Game Worlds hence why it is has not been done.[/quote']

I'd agree with a lot of that.

I do think the most important thing SM need to come out and do is explain the actual realities of the system. We're all guessing and trying to figure out how it works, but it's really not on trying to play to an unpublished set of rules.

Do SMFA cup games count towards concerns?

Do games the player is unable to play (such as suspensions/injuries) count?

Are Cup games/SMFA cup games as important as league games?

To what extent is age/squad status taken into account.

I can understand why SM don't want to give all the specifics of percentages .etc - but I don't think we're asking too much to know the rules.

I'd agree with a lot of that.

I do think the most important thing SM need to come out and do is explain the actual realities of the system. We're all guessing and trying to figure out how it works' date=' but it's really not on trying to play to an unpublished set of rules.

Do SMFA cup games count towards concerns?

Do games the player is unable to play (such as suspensions/injuries) count?

Are Cup games/SMFA cup games as important as league games?

To what extent is age/squad status taken into account.

I can understand why SM don't want to give all the specifics of percentages .etc - but I don't think we're asking too much to know the rules.[/quote']

The Online Help says SMFA games don't count in standard/custom gameworlds but fails to clarify the impact elsewhere. From what SM told me, SMFA cup games count towards concerns but only in a positive way and as far as I know this remains the case. SMFA cup games should affect the numerator not the denominator. For example, if your player wants 8/10 games and you play him in 5/7 league games, 2/2 cup games and 1/1 SMFA cup games, he will have played 8/9 games. The denominator (9) would stay the same irrespective of how many SMFA cup games the player does/doesn't play.

Games the player is unable to play do not count. If the player is selectable it counts, however low their condition. The Online Help confirms that "players do not count games that they missed due to injury in the number of games they expect to play in". This means that an injury basically freezes the concern; if they had played 10% of games pre-injury and their concern review falls within their injury then the review will be based on 10%.

Yes cup games count the same as league games. SMFA cup games count positively and are like bonus games (as above) so arguably count for more in some ways. The Online Help says "all competitions are taken into consideration except friendlies".

I don't understand the comment about age/squad status, can you clarify?

I think the player concerns are excellent

Just like real-life players get concerns etc.

We have time to deal with players who have concerns like lack of games, unhappy so its a good addition.

my main issue is with "injuries" in matches, i still think we have too many too often, ok players get injured but we tend to overdo the use of this facility and when players recover from 6 wks out they play 2 games and get injured for another 4 or 5 weeks. (frustrating)

this is ok for top teams with large squads but spare a thought for us with small clubs with small squads and not much cash.

apart from the injury situation, i think SM has got the rest of the game spot on and i thoroughly enjoy playing

^^ Looks like a real competitive setup there :rolleyes:

I've pretty much stopped even bothering with SM now. The amount of time needed to work out the number of games each person needs to play has completely sapped the fun out of this game. Concerns are unrealistic and now have become the biggest part of the game. I log into my account periodically these days.

It's a shame.

Really? I have 10-ish teams and concerns have never given me even the slightest bit of hassle. I don't have to rotate, manage or pay attention to games played and some of my squads are fairly big.

Really? I have 10-ish teams and concerns have never given me even the slightest bit of hassle. I don't have to rotate' date=' manage or pay attention to games played and some of my squads are fairly big.[/quote']

I find my self spending more time on calculating the percentage of the players' playing time, than actually thinking about tactics, systems, positions etc... :( And i think this is not on the right direction.

The concerns are not a problem here, i think it's good that we have to deal with them and spend some time to think about rotating players. The REAL PROBLEM in the game is the pathetic match engine... After all these years and it's still in a very low level. Imo the match engine is the main issue that has to be improved significantly in this game...

The REAL PROBLEM in the game is the pathetic match engine... After all these years and it's still in a very low level. Imo the match engine is the main issue that has to be improved significantly in this game...

Agree 100% with this comment. The fact that the match engine still hasn't been improved after all the years I've been playing this game is shameful.

I know this is off topic so I'll just add that I agree with Teb...concerns are not a problem if they're handled correctly. In fact it's kind of fun trying to keep a big squad of talented players happy.

Agree 100% with this comment. The fact that the match engine still hasn't been improved after all the years I've been playing this game is shameful.

I know this is off topic so I'll just add that I agree with Teb...concerns are not a problem if they're handled correctly. In fact it's kind of fun trying to keep a big squad of talented players happy.

It gives you guys with massive squads a challenge at least :P. But yeah I find concerns are a great addition to the game. And I have only ever lost one player to them (it turned out to be Michael Dawson, who had been in my team for SO long, he would have had a testimonial match when he retired, so I was NOT impressed!) I feel they could be sped up slightly (but only minimal) but as someone else just said, regardless of what you do, people will always complain.

As for the injuries that someone else brought up, I feel like the level of injuries are spot on. The only change I would want with them is substitutions for them. I used to have a small Chelsea squad which got hit bad with injuries. One or two more and I wouldn't of been able to have 16 players for the game (this was when there was only 5 subs, 7 and I would have been screwed). But thats as close as I have come to not having enough players. Still, I think that you should be able to loan off of external clubs, just maybe not the good players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toni Kroos has been auto transfer listed in one of my gameworlds - level 3 lack of games, level 1 being loaned out and level 3 wage concerns. Trouble is no one can make a bid, when I tried I got the message "This player is currently on loan and no offers can be made."

Is this intentional or an overlook on SMs part? The season has just started so if I want to bid do I have to wait 6 months until the end of the season?

Toni Kroos has been auto transfer listed in one of my gameworlds - level 3 lack of games' date=' level 1 being loaned out and level 3 wage concerns. Trouble is no one can make a bid, when I tried I got the message "This player is currently on loan and no offers can be made."

Is this intentional or an overlook on SMs part? The season has just started so if I want to bid do I have to wait 6 months until the end of the season?[/quote']

Yeah, I've had that happen with a player I was after. You'll just have to wait until the end of the season when he gets returned to his home club. Pretty poor strategy by the manager that loaned him out without giving him a new contract though huh?

Yeah' date=' I've had that happen with a player I was after. You'll just have to wait until the end of the season when he gets returned to his home club. Pretty poor strategy by the manager that loaned him out without giving him a new contract though huh?[/quote']

It is annoying and a tad silly really. A player transfer listed should be auto returned to th club so the bidding can commence! The loanee club is unmanaged so I suppose I could get a mate to join that club and send him back to the parent club!

Personally i don't think players should be concerned with their lack of wages. One of the best things to do in SM is buy players cheap when they have a low rating and what them develop. Making players concerned with their wages really screws over small clubs doing that as they end up losing lots of money due to high wages.

Once a player has accepted a contract he really shouldn't be able to complain about his wages, he agreed to it! They surely should have to wait until teh contract is over before asking for higher wages.:confused:

Once a player has accepted a contract he really shouldn't be able to complain about his wages' date=' he agreed to it! They surely should have to wait until teh contract is over before asking for higher wages.:confused:[/quote']

That's not very realistic though is it. A player should be free to evaluate his worth and it is up to a club to match that valuation or let him go. For example, I signed Mats Hummels to my Rangers team when he was rated 90 and now that he has risen to 92 I know he is going to develop a 'wage concern' that means he will want a wage rise from 49,000 to 54,000 before his contract is up in two seasons. In fact he'll probably have another rating increase by then so will want even more money. Why is that unreasonable considering he is now a better player than when I signed him? Likewise I signed Eden Hazard when he was rated 84 and gave him a five season contract the following season (when he went to 87). He's now rated 92 and pulling down 44,000 with three seasons left on his contract and I know he's gonna want at least 54,000 next time. Personally I think these players are worth every penny. Are you saying that they didn't deserve a rise for five seasons even though they are much better player now?

Bear in mind that it cuts both ways. If I think a players rating is going to drop and I don't want to sell him, I wait until after the rating drop and give him a new contract and save money that way.

That's not very realistic though is it. A player should be free to evaluate his worth and it is up to a club to match that valuation or let him go. For example' date=' I signed Mats Hummels to my Rangers team when he was rated 90 and now that he has risen to 92 I know he is going to develop a 'wage concern' that means he will want a wage rise from 49,000 to 54,000 before his contract is up in two seasons. In fact he'll probably have another rating increase by then so will want even more money. Why is that unreasonable considering he is now a better player than when I signed him? Likewise I signed Eden Hazard when he was rated 84 and gave him a five season contract the following season (when he went to 87). He's now rated 92 and pulling down 44,000 with three seasons left on his contract and I know he's gonna want at least 54,000 next time. Personally I think these players are worth every penny. Are you saying that they didn't deserve a rise for five seasons even though they are much better player now?

Bear in mind that it cuts both ways. If I think a players rating is going to drop and I don't want to sell him, I don't give him a new contract until after the rating change and save money that way.[/quote']

Of course it is realistic. Players don't just say half way through his contract that unless he gets more money he is going to hand in a transfer request. Of course players evaluate their ability, but they do so when their contract is coming to and end, not half way through.

If a player commits to a club and signs a 5 year contract then yes they should stick to it, just like in real life. You shouldn't be forced to sell a player on a long term contract just because they have got better. In real life you aren't forced to sell anyone. Ok, they may lose moral and even reject the next contract that comes their way, but they are still obliged to complete their current contract, no matter what their wages are.

Of course it is realistic. Players don't just say half way through his contract that unless he gets more money he is going to hand in a transfer request. Of course players evaluate their ability' date=' but they do so when their contract is coming to and end, not half way through. [/quote']

Except that's not true is it? Clubs often renegotiate a new deal with a player half-way through a contract if that player is considered to be a major asset to the club. Gareth Bale is a good case in point - Tottenham gave Bale a big pay rise last season even though he was already on a long-term contract. It's good business to keep your best players happy if you want them to stick around.

It is annoying and a tad silly really. A player transfer listed should be auto returned to th club so the bidding can commence! The loanee club is unmanaged so I suppose I could get a mate to join that club and send him back to the parent club!

Not advisable mate... getting a friend to join a Gameworld to do anything that favours you is cheating.

Be patient. If anything' date=' the delay him being out on loan will cause could help you. When someone is Transfer Listed By Request every interested party gets a Club Message to that effect, and a bidding frenzy often ensues. No messages are sent to interested clubs when his loan ends though, so if you keep an eye on him you could steal a march on other people.

Re Wage Concerns, I agree it is not entirely realistic but think they have to be in place to limit people just accumulating masses of rising talent on long contracts and the sitting on them for years. Perhaps it could be improved, not sure how offhand. Any ideas?

Yes it makes it harder for small clubs but i thought a challenge was what people took such clubs for (generally) so that doesnt seem a big issue to me. I have quite a few small clubs, and whilst they do lose money weekly I still make a killing overall and progress as a big gain on even some mediocre players can fund wages for ages.