Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re GC95' date=' why not play Remy and Ibra up front and take advantage of Messi's Fwd/AM position and play him as an AM instead, I've had to do this for the same reason (and have been using him in a 3-4-1-2 as the 1 or a 3-5-2 as one of the CMs...and that seems to work fine!)

I've got a team with 2 CFs rated over 80, an 87 and an 82, naturally the 87 was played all the time and then the 82 started getting concerns! What I did then (as I only play one upfront with that team) was start the 82 and then have an "If Losing" option after 60 and 75 minutes in which the 87 comes on in his place, after a few weeks of this the 82 lost his concern![/quote']

Yeah but your taking Messi away from his best position and for me I want Messi in his best position and build around him and I have Cesc,Busquets & Nasri in the centre of midfield and if I did that my team drops from a 93av too a 92av which again I obviously dont want to do also I need Remy as a back up fwd so he can start in cup games.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

I assume it is the starred ones that don't make sense to you?

Yes it seems odd that you have 4th choice midfielder who has played more games than your 3rd choice and is concerned' date=' whereas the 3rd choice is not. When you are looking at games played, are you taking into account all competitions? This could be one cause. Another is that perhaps the 3rd choice player has simply not yet been reviewed and is due a review?

Your wingers are just counted as midfielders in determining their place in the team. Concerns work based upon primary positions (defender, midfielder, or forward) not specific roles such as LB, AM, Wing etc. I think the idea is that a midfielder will still perform moderately well across all midfield positions.

You also mentioned puzzlement over the 22 year old rated 88 keeper. Once players exceed 21 they are more likely to get concerns about lack of games as they are no longer considered youth.

[/quote']

Yes, the stared ones were ones that I wrote a well know text abbreviation that begins with a "w" and ends with an "f" which is apparently banned on here.

When I looked at games played I included all except SMFA comps as I read that these do not have an effect. The lower rated ones have mostly got games in cup competitions whilst the higher rated ones play league.

I hope the 3rd choice has already been reviewed, although I can't see how he could become concerned, I thought all concerns were relative to the best players in the team? Surely that would mean you couldn't end up with most of your team having concerns?

So when I use a DM/CB at CB he is still being counted as a midfielder leading to more aggravation from the non starting defenders?

My concern about the goalkeeper was also that someone so low in the pecking order compared to the best players for that position would be asking for game time. Would a few games before the next update satisfy him?

Just loan out the players you intend for the future' date=' if you are not willing (your choice) to give them games yourself?

If nobody will loan them (unlikely in competitive worlds) and you are not willing to play them occasionally (unlikely given cup games) then you need to decide whether they are worth the long term investment of playing them more than their current rating would normally inspire.

This seems like a reasonable quandry to be imposing on managers.[/quote']

:eek::mad: Explain how i can loan out a prospect gk rated 90 and he not get unhappy?

His concern is lack of games I had him back for about 5 days and he gets that complaint!!
Sorry' date=' I misunderstood. OK, so he is concerned about lack of games. How many has he played out of how many?
No Thiago Silva is my best defender and like I say Kompany has played most of my games but not all the league games due to the crazy schedule in gold gameworlds forcing you to rotate to keep players fitness levels up.
Ok but presumably Kompany is one of your best defenders? One who is good enough to make your first XI? Yeah I agree the schedules are not great but it is your decision whether to rotate. Some people do very well with teams on low conditions.
Again this is season 1 and we're 5 weeks in and he's been injured for 3 of them and only just back to fitness there's no justification for this concern.
Well' date=' in the first two weeks, how much did he play? It will be based on that.
I'm not really that worried about level 1 concerns however to have them after 5 weeks in a new gc is daft but as I said this doesn't bother me BUT ITS CLEAR SM HAVE CHANGED SOMETHING AS THIS NEVER USED TO HAPPEN and the worry is that players get to level 2 and 3 very quickly which would cause headaches galore and get you worried very quickly,so long as I'm given time to correct this I'm not to worried
I don't know why are you shouting. I think we all agree that SM have made some changes. I think you will have time to address the concerns, assuming it is going to be about three months until they are not looked at.
Dropping Messi or Ibra means playing a weaker team..not good and defeats the objective of buying good players

Well' date=' of course it is a risk, but have them on the bench and bring them on if losing to mitigate that risk. At the end of the day if you have no intention of playing Remy other than when Messi or Ibrah are injured then perhaps you should get rid of him.

Yes, the stared ones were ones that I wrote a well know text abbreviation that begins with a "w" and ends with an "f" which is apparently banned on here.

When I looked at games played I included all except SMFA comps as I read that these do not have an effect. The lower rated ones have mostly got games in cup competitions whilst the higher rated ones play league.

I hope the 3rd choice has already been reviewed, although I can't see how he could become concerned, I thought all concerns were relative to the best players in the team? Surely that would mean you couldn't end up with most of your team having concerns?

So when I use a DM/CB at CB he is still being counted as a midfielder leading to more aggravation from the non starting defenders?

My concern about the goalkeeper was also that someone so low in the pecking order compared to the best players for that position would be asking for game time. Would a few games before the next update satisfy him?

It is relative but you could end up with your whole team having some concerns. For example if you allow your second XI to build up concerns, and then start playing them ahead of your first XI, your first XI will start buidling up concerns whilst the others drop.

I would have though a low percentage of games would satisfy your keeper if he is far down the pecking order. Is he likely to ever play for you? If he is for the future, perhaps your second choice keeper could be sacrificed or you could loan out either of these.

A DM/CB would be counted as a midfielder. For the purposes of concerns the first position counts. As a DM this counts as a midfielder.

:eek::mad: Explain how i can loan out a prospect gk rated 90 and he not get unhappy?

Why are you mad at me? Sorry if I said something that caused offense.

I didn't say you could loan out a prospect GK without him getting unhappy. However, you can loan him out to stave off his concerns about lack of games and not lose him.

If the keeper is young he should not want as many games anyway, and if he is down the pecking order he won't want many games either.

SM are not going to respond to Bug Tickets if there is no error in the operation of the game. It says this when creating a ticket.

Would recommend dropping the devs a PM if you wanted to give some constructive feedback or have a question that nobody here can answer. I think it is unfair to say they are ignoring us by responding to Bug Tickets saying there is no bug' date=' and by not commenting on a community discussion thread.

I can't help but feel people are getting too upset too soon. Has anyone lost players to these ramped up concerns yet? Might be worth seeing how things pan out. If it is three months to the next review of the same players a lot can happen in that time.

Don't understand the comments about cheating or how they relate to player concerns. Or how SM have an inability to deal with cheats when SM are the only people with the ability to do something about cheats. They often exert this power. Player concerns are an entirely different aspect of the game.

[/quote']

Personally I'm beginning to find your constant justification of the cavalier attitude of SM annoying.

Do you really think the devs are going to take any notice of "constructive criticism"? They obviously don't give a toss about us or our concerns. Why shouldn't they come on the forum and debate with us openly? After all there is prior precedent of devs intervening in threads so why not this one which is obviously a hot topic?

You continue to miss the point about the escalation of frequency of concerns. Numerous people, myself included, have stated in the past week that more of their players have now been drawn into the 'concerns' process than ever before and the likelihood is that they will be bumped up faster than ever. I think you're deluding yourself if you think that you'll have the luxury of a three month period before those players are ramped up again.

SM have an appalling record of dealing with cheats. In one of my setups a few months back there were at least 15 teams controlled by one manager and SM did nothing about it. This involved the abuse of the transfer system and match fixing - all of which I dutifully reported on every occasion it occurred and in 95% of instances nothing was done and I received an automated response saying that no problem had been found. The only thing that got rid of the cheat was a number of us honest managers publicly shaming him in the newspaper. There have been other setups where I have chosen to leave due to the absurd level of cheating. Cheating might be an entirely different issue than 'player concerns' but the fact remains that the former is a far bigger problem than the latter and should be treated as such. Otherwise the logical outcome will be to drive away the honest long-term players and to embolden the cheats. It is an absurdity that an issue that has the capacity to destroy a gameworld is virtually ignored whilst the concerns' process is escalated when there wasn't a problem. As the old adage goes: If it ain't broke don't fix it.

So please Teb stop making excuses for the inexcusable. You might want to stick around under the new regime but I can tell you for a fact that a lot of us won't.

Personally I'm beginning to find your constant justification of the cavalier attitude of SM annoying.

Do you really think the devs are going to take any notice of "constructive criticism"? They obviously don't give a toss about us or our concerns. Why shouldn't they come on the forum and debate with us openly? After all there is prior precedent of devs intervening in threads so why not this one which is obviously a hot topic?

You continue to miss the point about the escalation of frequency of concerns. Numerous people' date=' myself included, have stated in the past week that more of their players have now been drawn into the 'concerns' process than ever before and the likelihood is that they will be bumped up faster than ever. I think you're deluding yourself if you think that you'll have the luxury of a three month period before those players are ramped up again.

SM have an appalling record of dealing with cheats. In one of my setups a few months back there were at least 15 teams controlled by one manager and SM did nothing about it. This involved the abuse of the transfer system and match fixing - all of which I dutifully reported on every occasion it occurred and in 95% of instances nothing was done and I received an automated response saying that no problem had been found. The only thing that got rid of the cheat was a number of us honest managers publicly shaming him in the newspaper. There have been other setups where I have chosen to leave due to the absurd level of cheating. Cheating might be an entirely different issue than 'player concerns' but the fact remains that the former is a far bigger problem than the latter and should be treated as such. Otherwise the logical outcome will be to drive away the honest long-term players and to embolden the cheats. It is an absurdity that an issue that has the capacity to destroy a gameworld is virtually ignored whilst the concerns' process is escalated when there wasn't a problem. As the old adage goes: If it ain't broke don't fix it.

So please Teb stop making excuses for the inexcusable. You might want to stick around under the new regime but I can tell you for a fact that a lot of us won't.[/quote']

I totally agree with all you say here mate.

Now we know what SM were doing during June and didn't have the time to review any leagues (they reviewed only Croatia and Sweden) ... :( They were working on concerns. :(

I think too that it's unacceptable that they didn't give any notice about the changing, since this is something that affects and concerns all the players of the game- their customers! And they could at least write something here in the forum, since they visit it!

The meaning of those who mentioned cheating etc, was that there are bigger problems in the game and they should look at them first instead of the concerns. Like dealing with the cheats, or improving the match engine, or speed up the reviews. The concerns were working fine until now: They prevented the hoarding of all the good 90+ players from 1-2 teams in each set-up, but still left room for the good managers to develop their team through risers and talents. Now this will be impossible. Just look at this thread by tim janssen:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2105376&postcount=1865

Even Ross Barkley has developed concerns for lack of games! :eek: Ross Barkley, an 18 years old rated 80! :eek: This isn't logical even in real life! How can someone develop young talents when things are like this?? If this is the case, then from now on the manager who finds the next Gotze/Neymar/Hazard first, will sign him at 75 but won't be able to enjoy him in the 90s. He will be forced to lose him when he reaches 86-89. :mad:

I agree that concerns were working fine until now and shouldn't be changed. What they will achieve is to kick out all the long-term managers who actually spend a lot of time (and most of them money as well...) in the game, and stay with those managers of 25-man squads who log in for 5 minutes twice a week when they play a match...

You continue to miss the point about the escalation of frequency of concerns. Numerous people' date=' myself included, have stated in the past week that more of their players have now been drawn into the 'concerns' process than ever before and the likelihood is that they will be bumped up faster than ever. I think you're deluding yourself if you think that you'll have the luxury of a three month period before those players are ramped up again.

So please Teb stop making excuses for the inexcusable. You might want to stick around under the new regime but I can tell you for a fact that a lot of us won't.[/quote']

I am not trying to justify what you perceive to be a cavilier attitude on SM's part - I am trying to point out that people are wasting time (their own and SM's) by using Bug Tickets to try and enter a dialogue about concerns. It says when creating a Bug Ticket what these tickets are intended for. Anything else takes SM's time away from actual bugs in the game and then affects everyone negatively. If people want to get in contact with SM there is a suggestions section of the website, and the devs are available by PM to comment but are obviously not obliged to. I am sorry you find my comments in this regard annoying but I am trying to just highlight pertinent facts and the good/bad ways of getting to SM.

SM used to become a lot more involved in threads, but that was before the forum became as busy as it is these days. I don't think that means they are not paying attention and I absolutely think SM will take note of constructive criticism. Concerns were introduced because of this. Concerns keep being tweaked because of this. If you ask one of the Devs to comment here and they do not I will happily agree that this is a poor show.

I don't think I have missed your point about frequency of concerns at all. I keep acknowledging that more players are being drawn into concerns. In my opinion, for reasons I have touched on already, this is just not a problem. If people disagree that's fair enough, I just think it would be sensible if they said more about why as that is the point I am still missing.

You comment there is a "likelihood" that concerns will be bumped up faster than ever, and that I am "deluding" myself to think that a player won't be looked at again for three months. I am interested to know what are you basing these statements upon? I don't see why more players being subject to concerns means that Player Concerns will be reviewed more frequently too? To be honest I don't know either way, which is why my advice is to not panic until we know. If you are speculating, it is a bit harsh to say I am deluded.

Cheating may well be a greater concern to you than Player Concerns, but that is not what this thread is about so I don't really see the point in discussing it here. I come across cheating far less than I do Player Concerns, so for me the latter is more interesting. I am assuming people coming to this thread have done so to talk about Player Concerns the same as I have.

You have said that concerns were not broken so didn't need fixing, but I think many people would disagree in that player concerns have been ineffectual in a lot of Game Worlds. I can show you several of my own teams that prove this and I imagine if half of my dozen or so teams have eluded concerns that plenty of other people's have too. Concerns were introduced to have an effect and not as a novelty that would pass.

I don't understand why you feel I have been making "excuses for the inexcusable" so I can't really comment much on that. I will say that I am not trying to excuse anything, if I feel concerns are not working or not going to work I will definitely say it. If I think SM have done something dumb I will say it, I think I have made several recent criticisms. I don't think concerns are anywhere near perfect.

As for sticking around... this will depend on how SM goes. What I won't be doing is jumping into a decision about whether to go based upon a change in concerns that we have yet to see the results of, or threatening to go based upon my own dislike of certain facets of the game. When you say a lot of people won't stick about under the new regime I wonder what this is based upon given that only a handful of people have said as much on this thread out of so many active forumers?

I am not sure I would even class the changes as a "new regime" as it is only a small change that seems to have been made; namely to apply the same rules as always to lower rated players who were previously (erroneously) exempt.

As for sticking around... this will depend on how SM goes. What I won't be doing is jumping into a decision about whether to go based upon a change in concerns that we have yet to see the results of' date=' or threatening to go based upon my own dislike of certain facets of the game. When you say a lot of people won't stick about under the new regime I wonder what this is based upon given that only a handful of people have said as much on this thread out of so many active forumers?

[/quote']

Look Teb, you are obviously not going to take off your blinkers when it comes to SM so I won't bother addressing you point by point - again! Let me just leave it by saying that I have been around this game long enough to see the writing on the wall.

This is how I see things going: The escalation of concerns will mean that, within a matter of months, managers will begin losing 15 or 20 decent prospects at a time. The best gameworlds will be flooded with forced transfers with the consequent escalation of transfer fees as other managers bid the maximum they are allowed to get the newly available players. As new players arrive the existing ones will be pushed aside and quickly develop concerns and become available as forced transfers. Likewise, 88 and 89 players that would previously have been loaned out to smaller clubs will no longer be loaned out and will either be sold directly or develop concerns and end up on the market that way. Over time, clubs will find that they are left with a core group of 20--25 higher rated players and a low rated youth team - and MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF CASH! Then one day we will log on and find that all of the cash is gone, except for about £10 million, with a message along the lines of "The chairman has taken a dividend". Frankly, I'm not going to wait around for that to happen. I've got better things to do with my time.

Why does him reaching a level one concern even matter though? This will soon drop off if he is an undisputed starter.

That's a lousy excuse mate' date=' it matters because it is illogical programming.

Comparing his game time across seasons is probably giving a skewed interpretation of his percentage. Concerns carry across seasons but the calculation of a concern is not based upon multiple seasons. How many games has he played out of those available this season?

Those numbers are for this season. I was merely telling a background story that he got injured last season.

For example if a player has played 37/38 games last season and 7/10 games this season and expects to play 75% of games' date=' if he is reviewed now then he is going to get a concern based upon the 7/10. That concern will drop if you keep playing him and he is reviewed again at say 35/38 at the end of the season.

[/quote']

That's the example of illogical programming.

Oh dear, I seem to be coming across as some kind of defender of SM and the bad guy when I would like to think I am neither.

Look Teb' date=' you are obviously not going to take off your blinkers when it comes to SM so I won't bother addressing you point by point - again! Let me just leave it by saying that I have been around this game long enough to see the writing on the wall.

This is how I see things going: The escalation of concerns will mean that, within a matter of months, managers will begin losing 15 or 20 decent prospects at a time. The best gameworlds will be flooded with forced transfers with the consequent escalation of transfer fees as other managers bid the maximum they are allowed to get the newly available players. As new players arrive the existing ones will be pushed aside and quickly develop concerns and become available as forced transfers. Likewise, 88 and 89 players that would previously have been loaned out to smaller clubs will no longer be loaned out and will either be sold directly or develop concerns and end up on the market that way. Over time, clubs will find that they are left with a core group of 20--25 higher rated players and a low rated youth team - and MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF CASH! Then one day we will log on and find that all of the cash is gone, except for about £10 million, with a message along the lines of "The chairman has taken a dividend". Frankly, I'm not going to wait around for that to happen. I've got better things to do with my time.[/quote']

I have been around a while too and I am not sure I agree that it must unfold as you suggest. The way Player Concerns work it is going to remain possible to have larger squads, the only thing that has changed is that you now have to start including 88/89 rated youth players etc in juggling the concerns. Whats the big difference?

If it transpires that people are left with a core squad of 20-25 higher rated players, and some youth, I don't really understand why this is so undesirable anyway. A lot of people on the game are calling for exactly this sort of situation (as shown on the Squad Sizes thread) and smaller more realistic squads are what concerns are here for. I am interested to know how you feel concerns should work and what their objective should be?

If you are adamant that what you predict will happen, adamant that you will leave if it does, and adamant that SM will not listen to your feedback, then I don't understand why you are still involved in the forum or SM. This is not me saying I want you to leave as I don't. It is me doubting how certain you really are.

I don't understand why you think I am "blinkered" and I think it is unfair for you to make comments like this about me, personally, without backing them up. I am quite happy to criticise SM, I just don't have any cause on this occasion. It's also unfair that you brush aside my comments but can't be bothered to say why.

I am sorry if I have given any cause for offense.

Why does him reaching a level one concern even matter though? This will soon drop off if he is an undisputed starter.
That's a lousy excuse mate' date=' it matters because it is illogical programming.[/quote']

Making excuses? I was just asking a question; why does a level one concern matter? It is just there as a warning that if things continue as they are a player will get more concerned. I don't know why that is bad programming, I am probably missing your point and if that's the case I would be grateful if you can elaborate.

All I was getting at is that if Vidic picks up a concern due to the timing of concerns (I assume that is the illogicality you refer to) which is never going to be perfect, then this will reverse itself anyway. I have no idea, personally, how this could be programmed better without sacrificing other things.

Those numbers are for this season. I was merely telling a background story that he got injured last season.
Yeah I got that and this is why I asked how many games he had played out of those available this season. I was trying to analyse why he was concerned' date=' as I assumed you wanted a response having said you couldn't fathom how he would be unhappy. Perhaps you were just expressing discontent in which case I won't try to explain, although if it was me I would want to work out why.

I am a bit puzzled in that you talked about having a good rotation policy and having never experienced a concern with your starters - yet the consensus seems to be that the only change made is to younger lower rated players. As far as I know nothing has changed that would effect the likes of Vidic which is again why I was trying to analyse the specifics as your concern seems to be on a different angle to the recent influx of criticisms.

For example if a player has played 37/38 games last season and 7/10 games this season and expects to play 75% of games' date=' if he is reviewed now then he is going to get a concern based upon the 7/10. That concern will drop if you keep playing him and he is reviewed again at say 35/38 at the end of the season.[/quote']That's the example of illogical programming.

You mean that it is illogical that the review can fall early in the new season? Yeah I agree. I haven't experienced it myself so I assume it is pretty rare. I believe SM try not to do the reviews at set times of the month/season so as to avoid people taking advantage of the routine.

If you are adamant that what you predict will happen' date=' adamant that you will leave if it does, and adamant that SM will not listen to your feedback, then I don't understand why you are still involved in the forum or SM. This is not me saying I want you to leave as I don't. It is me doubting how certain you really are.

[/quote']

The reason I am still on the forum and still playing SM is because the eventualities I am outlining haven't occurred yet but more than likely will if people do not make a stand and let SM know that there is a line in the sand that some of us will not allow to be crossed. It is not my style to just give up and walk away without a fight, particularly as I still have 168 days gold membership left. However I will not continue to play a game where the rules get changed almost arbitrarily, to the point that it is no longer the game that I signed up for. And all the while important changes like improving the match engine and implementing the long promised 2D 'Score Centre' are ignored.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind me leaving as you must be getting thoroughly sick of my Juventus team rolling over your Olympiacos in WC1 but that is by the by:) One final word: you say that you're prepared to criticize SM but I haven't seen much evidence of that - frankly you sound more like a cheerleader. I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't just a plant. If you are, can you relay the message that the natives are getting restless.

Why are you mad at me? Sorry if I said something that caused offense.

I didn't say you could loan out a prospect GK without him getting unhappy. However' date=' you can loan him out to stave off his concerns about lack of games and not lose him.

If the keeper is young he should not want as many games anyway, and if he is down the pecking order he won't want many games either.[/quote']

I'm mad at peoples ignorence of the situation despite my very clear and detailed posts previously foreseeing these problims, posts which went pretty much un responded to.. hard to argue stats which proved the situation.

If i'm a top manager then i must make a choice either keep buffon rated 94 or instead have a weaker de gea as my first choice or lose de gea.. i can't keep ge dea (previous example i used was was neuer & hart(90/91) at my barce) the reason i use buffon de gea is because its a much better example..

Therefore either i have a TOP GK at my TOP team or i Have a 90 Rated for my new not so top team or i keep buffon and when he drops/retires my TOP team has an 89 or just turned 90 GK....

you can't hold onto you 90/92 de gea/harts unless you play them ALOT whch is not fair if i have cassiles in my team of i must play 90 gk in half league games.

NOT FAIR.

i lost neymar is competitve setup recently, not fair either if ive forced to play 90 rated player in about 35% of league matches + some cup.... instead of messi or villa.

Its have top players now or top prospects now with weaker first11 but in future maybe* stronger first 11 than messi/villa standard now :) then if neymar balotelli get very high rating if i want to keep the new up and coming prospecvts that are around in the next 3 5 years then i must make choice weather to keep them or play 99 rated neymar and mario lool :)

I like this game because for years i have invested to get hart and neymar at the EXSPENCE of getting the best players around back then, altough ive still managed to aquire some decent teams (took longer as it was not my objective) buying youths was, but now i'm losing neymar hart etc..

is neymar brasils first choice stiker? why is he 90? sorry but he's a class above many a 92 player.

These concerns really have ruined alot of my fun on the game, Ive never liked them and lately they have just become pathetic!

After over 3 years of playing im for the 1st time seriously thinking of quitting the game. I know i will miss the game but these concerns are just sucking the fun out of it.

I really hate the idea of players demanding more games all the time when im the manager and that should be my choice how much i play them. I paid for the player, I pay his wages every turn so it should be up to me how many games i want to give them.

I know the system is to try and prevent star player hogging but im just finding it so un-enjoyable at the moment battling the concerns and i ask myself why do i still play a game that im not fully enjoying?

is neymar brasils first choice stiker? why is he 90? sorry but he's a class above many a 92 player.

This is a valid point. The problem with the escalation of concerns is that the player rating changes move too slowly to keep up. Many managers will lose the likes of Neymar, Balotelli and Jordi Alba unless they play them in preference to players that are currently higher rated. The likelihood is that these players will escalate to requesting a transfer before they receive a rating increase that reflects their recent performances. Likewise, when will Torres receive an increase that reflects the rediscovery of his best form and the fact that he is now considered Chelsea's first choice striker?

What we have here is the same old problem with SM 'improvements' - lack of joined up thinking.

hmm..I've just started (one week) and already I'm ready to drop...not my usual style but I've already had a transfer block for no valid reason...and all I see is a lot of stupidity with the running of the game. Already in my quiet league i see real cheating and I get a load of effort killed by some illogical process that you can't even challenge... there is nothing dubious dishonest or even underhand with a transfer agreed for 7.5m for a 7.2m 28 year old 90 rating, I have only had one other transfer fromm that club..jeez I've been here for such a short time!!

I was going to get a gold membership...roflol what was I thinking...

I'm afraid this game has obviously been killed before I arrived!!

Re: Player Concerns

It will only really effect managers who have both BUFFON and CASILLAS in their team' date=' and BUFFON never plays. That is what it is designed to stop. However if you never play your fringe players, season after season then they too will slowly get concerns.

[/quote']

This is a quote from page three of this thread - back when the devs deemed us important enough to talk to.

So far with my Roma team (WC 117), 13 of my 20 player first team squad have recently developed concerns. Additionally 20 of the 22 "fringe players" now have concerns - despite almost every single one of the 42 players having been rotated to receive some game time. Whereas previously the frequency of game time was sufficient to keep the squad manageably happy, it no longer suffices. That doesn't sound like players slowly getting concerns as a result of never playing does it? It is clear that SM have moved the goalposts!

I have three first team goalkeepers: Hart (rated 92); Mandanda (rated 91) and Zieler (rated 88). Previously I would have loaned out Zieler but with the 'loan out' concern kicking in at the lower level this is no longer an option. Additionally I have De Gea (rated 90) in my youth team and all except Hart have recently developed concerns - which gives the lie to the above dev's comment.

It seems pretty clear that things have changed dramatically and that concerns are now unmanageable. The least we should have been entitled to is advance notice that concerns were to be so drastically escalated as to make the game unrecognisable.:mad:

100% correct and a great post.

hmm..I've just started (one week) and already I'm ready to drop...not my usual style but I've already had a transfer block for no valid reason...and all I see is a lot of stupidity with the running of the game. Already in my quiet league i see real cheating and I get a load of effort killed by some illogical process that you can't even challenge... there is nothing dubious dishonest or even underhand with a transfer agreed for 7.5m for a 7.2m 28 year old 90 rating' date=' I have only had one other transfer fromm that club..jeez I've been here for such a short time!!

I was going to get a gold membership...roflol what was I thinking...

I'm afraid this game has obviously been killed before I arrived!![/quote']

You have my commiserations mate. I'm afraid the game is going downhill fast. It's a shame really as it used to be a lot of fun to play:(

Oh dear' date=' I seem to be coming across as some kind of defender of SM. [/quote']

Yes Teb to put it mildly thats how you come across,just about every point I've seen made by several members on this thread you have an answer for and why there wrong and SM is right.

I think you need to take a step back and stop defending Sm and look at why all these members are unhappy and posting on this thread.Do you believe we take our time and post on this thread for fun? I know I dont! Surely with all these posts in the last few days you must realise there is a problem of some sort and if you cant see it or acknowledge it then your quote is probably true.

Quick question which I'm hoping somebody may be able to answer... In some set ups I have a lot of players out on loan. These are GW's that I have been part of since day one and are now maybe 3 years old. I am not one of these people to buy Messi straight away but buy risers and build my team up gradually from a lower league. Now I've come through the leagues and have built a great squad the hard way, which involves lots of hours researching players, doing good deals by buying and exchanging players, I am now being penalised for it so some 40 rated noob can come in and buy the players he wants. Fair? Don't think so somehow.

Anyway, back on point. I have always tended to rotate my 2nd 11 and some risers with a season out on loan and a season being a reserve, this way I have managed the lack of game concerns with the out on loan concerns. However, I now have the likes of Balotelli, Neymar, Alba, hernandez out on loan with level 3 lack of game concerns and level 2 out on loan concerns. If I'm right, multiple concerns adding up to 5 the player requests a transfer? In which case, in a couple of weeks when the season ends they will all hand in transfer requests when they return from their loan period? I don't want to risk recalling anyone to test this out.

Has anyone come across this scenario yet? The new concerns system came into play while they were all on loan and has caught me with my pants down so to speak!

Quick question which I'm hoping somebody may be able to answer... In some set ups I have a lot of players out on loan. These are GW's that I have been part of since day one and are now maybe 3 years old. I am not one of these people to buy Messi straight away but buy risers and build my team up gradually from a lower league. Now I've come through the leagues and have built a great squad the hard way' date=' which involves lots of hours researching players, doing good deals by buying and exchanging players, I am now being penalised for it so some 40 rated noob can come in and buy the players he wants. Fair? Don't think so somehow.

Anyway, back on point. I have always tended to rotate my 2nd 11 and some risers with a season out on loan and a season being a reserve, this way I have managed the lack of game concerns with the out on loan concerns. However, I now have the likes of Balotelli, Neymar, Alba, hernandez out on loan with level 3 lack of game concerns and level 2 out on loan concerns. If I'm right, multiple concerns adding up to 5 the player requests a transfer? In which case, in a couple of weeks when the season ends they will all hand in transfer requests when they return from their loan period? I don't want to risk recalling anyone to test this out.

Has anyone come across this scenario yet? The new concerns system came into play while they were all on loan and has caught me with my pants down so to speak![/quote']

7's the magic number mate, so your still safe for now

I have a question for Teb, how come you have a player that has level 1 concern for lack of games and level four for being loaned out and he hasnt requested a transfer? (Player is Joe Hart) GC-1

I have a question for Teb' date=' how come you have a player that has level 1 concern for lack of games and level four for being loaned out and he hasnt requested a transfer? (Player is Joe Hart) GC-1[/quote']

I think if a player has 2 concerns it has to add up to 7 (Level 3 lack of games, Level 4 loan out for example). Then the player demands a transfer for multiple concerns

Think its 7 anyway, might be 6.

I suppose the more pressing issue now is what can we do about it?

Just quit seems like a hollow option because many of us have invested so much time n money to build up the teams we have now and it's entirely unfair that the teams that we have so pain stakingly built up be ton to pieces just like that.

But if we carry on, we are jus subjecting ourselves to more agony and unhappiness.

Any bright ideas lads?

Cheers,

Roy