Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

I now have another 'concern about loaned out concerns' having a quick sneak peek through my now considerable concerns list, I just noticed that Cavani picked up a concern on the 15th June for being 'loaned out' 4 days after being sent out on loan, does this indicate that a player will get loan concerns not based on how long they've been out on loan but purely on the fact they were out on loan at the time of a concern review despite the amount of time spent out on loan, does this also indicate that if I can somehow guess when concerns will be reviewed and I recall my players before they get reviewed will they infact not receive a 'loaned out concern'?

so..

44 divided by 100 times 75 (%) = 33 games a season are needed to keep your top rated players happy at 75% of games. You might decide to give your player 25 league games' date=' 5 Cup games and play him in all the SMFA comp games thus he would get 36 games total[/quote']

No offence to you.

But this is what is absolutely laughable.

I wonder if Mourinho sits with an excel spreadsheet at the start of the season calculating how many games he should give players.

Rather than making a lazy comment you might want to look at specific examples that many of us have cited in recent weeks. Regardless of what the devs (and Teb) might say things have changed' date=' you just might not have noticed it yet.[/quote']
Yep things have changed for sure. Players rated 78 didnt get concerns for lack of games before and now they suddenly are.
No offence to you.

I wonder if Mourinho sits with an excel spreadsheet at the start of the season calculating how many games he should give players.

As I have mentioned earlier, is a game you can not compare with the real football, although some might compare.it's just a game that farthest circumference can not compare with real life!

Sm is too old, now try to implement some changes although they say they are not.true or not? we will never now it.

most have since agreed that a change has taken place, although they are better in the first place, the game had been upgraded, what they do now or have done already or have do nothings, who we are, a player who has his money and his time put into it, we are just a number there are enough people in the world why worry about those few individuals who now complain?.

I am also not happy with the state of affairs, also try to build a team, now you need some changes and if that fails for you, the best stop there and look for another game there are enough on the internet

yes, I know most players are here for years and it is difficult for many of you to give up, but you must learn to draw a line for yourself, either by going, as it is now will only get worse the future will show,or it can go better? can you not accept it then stops when there is still life after SM.

am not happy with the state of affairs as most of you ,try the best of it, and if that fails for me, then it's game over without regret.

I don't usually have any complaints about the Concerns system, but clearly something is wrong at the moment.

Philipp Lahm suffered an injury for my team on the last day of the season on May 16th that has sidelined him until July 12th. Today I get notified that he is concerned about his lack of games kexc08.gif

That's right - a guy who is still out injured is complaining to me about not being played. It won't be a problem as he'll be straight back in my first XI once he's back to full fitness, but under different circumstances this bug could be a real issue. Say for example, a player develops a Level 3 concern, so his manager starts to play him - only for the player to suffer a terrible injury and be ruled out of action for months. He could very well keep moving up in concern level until requesting a transfer, with the manager left helpless.

I've been a gold manager on SM for 3 years now and have never had any interest in joining the forum. I just wanted to let whoever runs the game know that I will not be renewing my membership because of these stupid concerns. My membership expires in about 2 weeks so keep a look out for some great teams coming available shortly, 20 in total.

Online games are supposed to be about fun, interacting with friends and so on. All I can say is someone has managed to completely screw up what was once a great game. They've stopped me interacting with and doing deals with my friends as that supposedly makes me a cheat. they won't even give me the common courtesy of replying to my emails/tickets in person on this. Now I can't build a youth team or send them on loan otherwise they put in transfer requests as has happened to me today in one of my set ups with Gotze and Neymar who have just been hit with wage, lack of game, being on loan concerns. Sorry, this isn't fun anymore. I don't have time to set up a spreadsheet for each one of my teams to work out who I need to play when. I work and use this game to chill out a few nights a week. This is supposed to be about fun, pitching your tactics against another player, now it's more about playing an 88 player above Xavi so he won't throw his toys out of his pram. Come on, this is ridiculous.

Stick it where the sun doesn't shine soccer manager, this game can now officially go in the interweb scrap heap with the likes of Yahoo auctions, Google answers, Virtual magic kingdom et 'al.

Thank you and goodbye, ex loyal customer.

Yep things have changed for sure. Players rated 78 didnt get concerns for lack of games before and now they suddenly are.

Whoa that's ridiculous!!!!!:eek: 78? I haven't had a concern as stupid as that yet' date=' but I agree things have definitively changed for the worse.

I've been a gold manager on SM for 3 years now and have never had any interest in joining the forum. I just wanted to let whoever runs the game know that I will not be renewing my membership because of these stupid concerns. My membership expires in about 2 weeks so keep a look out for some great teams coming available shortly, 20 in total.

Online games are supposed to be about fun, interacting with friends and so on. All I can say is someone has managed to completely screw up what was once a great game. They've stopped me interacting with and doing deals with my friends as that supposedly makes me a cheat. they won't even give me the common courtesy of replying to my emails/tickets in person on this. Now I can't build a youth team or send them on loan otherwise they put in transfer requests as has happened to me today in one of my set ups with Gotze and Neymar who have just been hit with wage, lack of game, being on loan concerns. Sorry, this isn't fun anymore. I don't have time to set up a spreadsheet for each one of my teams to work out who I need to play when. I work and use this game to chill out a few nights a week. This is supposed to be about fun, pitching your tactics against another player, now it's more about playing an 88 player above Xavi so he won't throw his toys out of his pram. Come on, this is ridiculous.

Stick it where the sun doesn't shine soccer manager, this game can now officially go in the interweb scrap heap with the likes of Yahoo auctions, Google answers, Virtual magic kingdom et 'al.

Thank you and goodbye, ex loyal customer.

Well said, mate. I agree wholeheartedly with the bold paragraph. Also, this is probably the single finest passage of writing I've read on this forum.

*rousing standing ovation*

Got fresh concerns just now.:( This is the biggest ive been hit so far with concerns. 11 under 90 players have just got concerns and you cant do anything about it because nobody will take em on loan. It would be a good idea to let external clubs put in loan bids.

Got fresh concerns just now.:( This is the biggest ive been hit so far with concerns. 11 under 90 players have just got concerns and you cant do anything about it because nobody will take em on loan. It would be a good idea to let external clubs put in loan bids.

External clubs don't play matches (except for SMFA games in non-WC's), so that wouldn't help with 'lack of games' concerns but players would still develop 'loan out' concerns.

External clubs don't play matches (except for SMFA games in non-WC's)' date=' so that wouldn't help with 'lack of games' concerns but players would still develop 'loan out' concerns.[/quote']

I didnt realise that but still they can make it so that unmanaged clubs put in loan bids, that would be helpful.

Why would an SM developer lie? :rolleyes:

That's a good question' date=' which should and could be answered only by him!

Concerns develop all at once as SM update game worlds once every so often in bulk.

I can't imagine SM saying nothing has changed if it has. What have they got to gain from it?

Same here! What i can only think is to have less/cooler reactions and complaints, maybe?

I've been a gold manager on SM for 3 years now and have never had any interest in joining the forum. I just wanted to let whoever runs the game know that I will not be renewing my membership because of these stupid concerns. My membership expires in about 2 weeks so keep a look out for some great teams coming available shortly' date=' 20 in total.

Thank you and goodbye, ex loyal customer.[/quote']

I couldn't agree more with this post! This is a message SM should read to realize what is going on here, how they 've messed up a fine game and how their customers feel about it! :mad:

I now have another 'concern about loaned out concerns' having a quick sneak peek through my now considerable concerns list' date=' I just noticed that Cavani picked up a concern on the 15th June for being 'loaned out' 4 days after being sent out on loan, does this indicate that a player will get loan concerns not based on how long they've been out on loan but purely on the fact they were out on loan at the time of a concern review despite the amount of time spent out on loan, does this also indicate that if I can somehow guess when concerns will be reviewed and I recall my players before they get reviewed will they infact not receive a 'loaned out concern'?[/quote']

Yes, i think this is the case, i have a player who developed a loan concern (level 1) just 3 turns after he was loaned out- and it was at the same day that i had other loan concerns, but the other players were loaned out for 10 turns, since the beginning of the season. All are at the same rating.

No offence to you.

I agree and i have said the same thing many times. This is relevant with the poor match engine, too. The combination of the poor match engine and the concerns leads to a situation where, instead of actually managing a football team and the tactics, we open the calculator and spend more time on calculating the players' gametime. :mad: This is NOT fun and surely NOT good fantasy football management... :(

some people on here just amaze me. not picking on anyone in particular but surely stupid after 3 years of playing sm you wouldnt just up and leave after some teething problems, if there issues with the concern sm will try sort it out. just give them some time and if nothing changes then leave but at least give them a chance to try fix the problems.

Regarding Player Concerns nothing has changed (albeit we have plugged a few loopholes that we identified) and Concerns are still running at the same pace as it always has (and when they are run in a Game World they are spread out over the course of a week).

In one of my teams i have now Puyol and Aguero with lack of games concerns. After Turn 22' date=' Puyol has played 23 games in all competitions and Aguero 21. How could they be concerned? What i can only think is because they played 13 games in the league and the rest are Cup/SMFA games. Until now, we knew that Cup/SMFA games count only in a POSITIVE way and not in a negative way regarding concerns. That's how i was calculating the percentage of gametime needed for every player, and my players were happy FOR THE LAST 1-2 YEARS, since concerns were introduced to the game. But in the last month, this has [b']CHANGED[/b].

I also have now Courtois with a concern for lack of games. Courtois, a 20 years old, rated 88, my 3rd choice GK. :mad: In this case it's blatantly obvious that something has CHANGED! Courtois is my 3rd choice GK for a long time now and he was never before concerned. Until now, of course... :mad:

This is what YOU have stated in the very first post of this thread:

We have introduced a new aspect to the game called ‘Player Concerns’.

* Youth players do not develop concerns (age 21 and under) unless good enough to play;

Also' date=' in this thread, a response from another dev:

You shouldn't have any players that are under 21 with a concern about 'lack of games' unless they are the same/or similar to your best players.

As i said, Courtois is U21, 3rd choice GK, rated 88 and of course nowhere near my 93-rated 1st choice GK. So, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, hah??? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Could you tell us very clearly what do you guys expect us to do? Play an 88 rated ahead of a 93 one? Or sell a player who is clearly a future world star, a player who i discovered when he was rated 74 and nobody knew him, a future 91-94, i must now be forced to sell him at 88?? :mad:

And could you tell us, again very clearly, what are your plans for the game with this new form of concerns? What is the plan? To have all the teams 25-30 players maximum?? :mad:

Since we are talking about Courtois, i think this player is the perfect example of SM's slowness in reviewing ratings. Until now it wasn't much of a problem, but with this change in concerns it can be very bad, especially for the young and rising players.

Let's see how Courtois is currently rated at 88:

In the last two seasons, this player:

- Won the championship in Belgium with Genk. (both league and club are capped at 89). Courtois was the 1st choice GK, played in all the matches and was one of the revelations of that season in the GK position, not only in Belgium but in the whole Europe. That let Chelsea to buy him for 9m.

-Last season he played for Atletico Madrid, on loan from Chelsea. This means he was playing in the best league in the world (with no rating cap), in one of the top 5 clubs of that league. Again, he was the 1st choice GK, he made excellent appearances throughout the season, he was one of the best GKs in the league and finally he won the Europa League with Atletico Madrid!

Someone would expect that with all these behind him, Courtois would be rated 90 or more! Yet, he is still at only 88... We are talking for a two years period here...:mad: They couldn't be slower... :(

At least, if the reviews were in a normal rate and not so slow, we could actually use some of these youngsters. With the current situation and with the change in the concerns, from now on it seems that we won't be able to develop a good young talent to his full potential... :(:mad:

sb0xs4.png

gotta be freakin kidding me.. not even the worst manager in the world would have so many concerns in a week! i log in everyday and rotate my squad regularly. this feature is a joke :mad:

Wow, I had concerns, about 10 of them but not on players with the quality of those in your pic. That has got to hurt. I would try and loan em out asap, surely some teams will take them in your gameworld because right now it seems like loaning might save em unless of course they get loaned out concern a day after.

I just wish they would suspend concerns for now and investigate.

Wow' date=' I had concerns, about 10 of them but not on players with the quality of those in your pic. That has got to hurt. I would try and loan em out asap, surely some teams will take them in your gameworld because right now it seems like loaning might save em unless of course they get loaned out concern a day after.

I just wish they would suspend concerns for now and investigate.[/quote']

Loaning players above 89 will also give concerns.. But yeah they should tottally suspend this feature.. heres another team of mine:

xd82sz.png

Unbelievable

Loaning players above 89 will also give concerns.. But yeah they should tottally suspend this feature.. heres another team of mine:

xd82sz.png

Unbelievable

Wow, I cant imagine losing players like Silva, Vidic, and Marcelo. I am sure you play them in every game you can and if players with them ratings are getting concerns, its hard to understand why SM would say that nothing has changed. My jaw dropped when I saw those players seriously.

some people on here just amaze me. not picking on anyone in particular but surely stupid after 3 years of playing sm you wouldnt just up and leave after some teething problems' date=' if there issues with the concern sm will try sort it out. just give them some time and if nothing changes then leave but at least give them a chance to try fix the problems.[/quote']

You seem to be labouring under the delusion that SM care what we, the customers, think. It's not like the escalated concerns are a bug that will be fixed in time. This is SM moving the goalposts and making the game more unplayable and less fun - something that seems to happen with increasing frequency.

So it's not a case of "giving them some time" to "try and fix the problem". For a lot of us they've had long enough and this is the final straw.

Someone would expect that with all these behind him' date=' Courtois would be rated 90 or more! Yet, he is still at only 88... We are talking for a two years period here...:mad: They couldn't be slower... :(

At least, if the reviews were in a normal rate and not so slow, we could actually use some of these youngsters. With the current situation and with the change in the concerns, from now on it seems that we won't be able to develop a good young talent to his full potential... :(:mad:[/quote']

I think this is the crux of the problem and why these escalated concerns will unfairly penalise the best managers. As I said earlier in this thread, this is a classic example of SM failing to display joined-up thinking.

Unbelievable

lending players is also not a good idea anymore.

I choose to work with smaller players or team, we have not the money for large purchases, have not even half the entry fees, season tickets, revenue ,etc.than the big clubs, I choose this myself but I'm not alone there are more clubs so we are forced to look in the future talents for a good cheap price.

In any team that I have I borrow players, now they all have to return or were asked back because of concerns from loan out, and lack on opportunity whe are not yet in the half of the season and some are on level 3 to 5 i count the both concerns togeter and the start in almost every game, the majority of after 26 days are on level 2 to 3 at level 4 to 5 end of the season.

some managers also asked to buy these.....but whit what ? some onion peel ! we don't have 20 or 30 m. or more for one player.

We do not have the money and sell players that you yourself need is not an option and the worst is since you owned a small club of your own players from 83 and 85-86 etc the have also concerns of lack of game's now before not.

So there you need to make a choice, either do not buy players, save before a major purchase than one where you actually need more players

I talk about smaller team's!!!

and which manager still want to lend his players as these concerns will follow fast on only one season ?

where they can only these concerns be outplayed by his club.

and then they should not complain because of too little playing time that they get to me more than enough.

the knife cuts along the two sides. and I'm not happy at

xd82sz.png

Unbelievable

Getting things like this with many of my teams.

Im just selling everyone at the team apart from the best 11, and about four 90+ for subs. Then just kids. I dont have the time to rotate every team, and by doing that I just end up losing games to try and keep everyone happy.

Seems the days of building good squads are over, all about the starting 11 for me now.

the way i see it, a mass exodus is coming.

Perhaps in the long run it would mean that soccermanager would cease to exist.

Congrats to the SM development team for screwing what was a top top game up royally.

Cheers,

Roy

I think what people should do if they are unhappy is have a read of the Online Help and see if their situation does not fit what the Online Help says.

If it does not fit (unlikely) they need to submit a Bug Ticket to SM for the people there to have a look at and fix. If their situation does fit with the way the Online Help says that concerns should work, and they just think that the concerns are wrong on principles, then I am interested to know how they think concerns should be working and which players of theirs they would expect it to affect and when.

This thread is degenerating into a lot of negativity. I don't understand why SM are being criticised for confirming that nothing has changed except for closing a few loopholes. These loopholes were allowing managers to stockpile players of certain age/ratings which is against the whole point of the feature. These loopholes were contrary to what concerns are there for. The fact that people have become dependent on these loopholes having been in place for a while is not a reason to leave them in place. Goalposts have not been moved, they are just being put where SM said they would be in the first place.

Concerns are not there to make someone play an 88 rated player over the likes of Xavi. They are there to make you think whether you need the 88 rated player and to recognise that you have to play him a bit if you expect him to stick around - why is this bad? A very low rated, usually older, player could also get concerns about not playing - why is this bad?

You don't need a maths degree, an excel spreadsheet, or masses of time to keep an eye on concerns. The Reports tab shows you players who are concerned. You can sort them by how concerned they are. You then have a list showing the players currently most at risk of (eventually) leaving you who you can then think about playing (or recalling, etc) if you want to address this. This takes, what, five seconds? I can't remember the last time I botherd to add up my own players' appearances to see how many games I will need to play them. I can't see when there would be the need.

I don't understand why concerns are now all of a sudden, supposedly, killing the game and scouting. If you want to buy for the future you still can. If you want to keep prospects sweet for the future you still can.

What do people actually think needs changing about player concerns? Very little is said about this. Slamming the whole system and/or threatening to leave doesn't tell SM anything about how to move forward. Perhaps if this thread was more constructive they might be inclined to contribute more.

I agree that SM need to speed up reviews of players as this goes hand-in-hand with concerns working properly with rising players. SM are fully aware of this and I gather they are trying to improve this.

I agree that the match engine is in need of work too; it wouldn't be such a big deal to field a lower rated prospect (to keep his appearances up) if people had more faith in their tactical choices more than making up for their selection choice. I don't know where SM are with this but I think it is long, long overdue an overhaul. Too many aesthetic changes and not enough integral ones when it comes to matchdays.