Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

This sentence here from your quote TEB confirms to me that the goalposts have been moved recently or in other words the rules changed regarding concerns' date=' Not so much fixing loopholes but slightly changing the rules IMO.

"What you describe is basically how it used to work until recently but I think SM corrected it as too many clubs had growing pools of 89 rated players and high rated youth. "

I do appreciate all your replies that ive seen TEB but for me now and even when concerns 1st started i just dont enjoy them.

I would much more enjoy say a squad cap of 50 players, Even with one of my teams that have 100+ players i still think i would find it more fun trimming down that squad than the concern saga.

I would not enjoy quitting my teams of over 3 years as im attached to them and done loads of work on them but the fun is being drained right out of it for me.

SM is committing euthanasia IMO...........:([/quote']

They did' date='

However the disturbing part is something that was quickly skimmed over,

These "loopholes" that were plugged, have led to changes which have made the SM experience, for many users, distressing. Teams that have had years of effort and work pumped into them are either being dismantled by concerns, or being forced to field weaker sides.

I'm going to be honest, after joining SM in 2007 I never thought I'd still be playing in 2012. And until recently, I never thought that a few loopholes being plugged would make me consider quitting... yet here we are.

I have no problem with squad sizes being combated if it is for the benefit of the community - and it is player concerns which seems to be combating squad sizes - but it seems to be adding to a growing list of problems* instead of solving one.

*customer support [lack thereof], cheating, SM Credits farce, relatively basic engine [on the surface there appears to be too few variables, mainly limited to formation and rating], innocent deals being reversed, and in many worlds cash has little/no value.

The only people benefiting from the current situation are those who frequently hop between worlds, whilst those who commit themselves to a world are having the benefits of longevity taken away.

If there is a punishment for lots of scouting, a punishment for spending years building, a punishment for dominance, and yet minute punishment for cheaters and little customer support / explanations....

Maybe SM is no longer the hobby for me (for which I pay month after month after month after month...).

Good post mate, They have indeed changed some of the rules regarding concerns as TEBs sentence in the above post confirmed to me, Not so much fixing loopholes that maybe didnt even need fixing but moving the goalposts.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

GC Team rooney puyol milner concerned, because i was playing 89 rated players instead :(

HAD TOO.

The only people benefiting from the current situation are those who frequently hop between worlds' date=' whilst those who commit themselves to a world are having the benefits of longevity taken away.

If there is a punishment for lots of scouting, a punishment for spending years building, a punishment for dominance, and yet minute punishment for cheaters and little customer support / explanations....

Maybe SM is no longer the hobby for me (for which I pay month after month after month after month...).[/quote']

I sold Kuranyi from a team I have in a competitive WC 2 days ago. He is used as a sub in alternate games and plays most cup games from the start, he is my 5th choice forward. However, as a result of this he has quickly reached a level 4 lack of games concern, so I sold him, begrudgingly.

Today I log in to discover that the SMFA have reversed this transfer after an investigation... I have previously reported the other manager plenty of times as have other managers as he has about 8 clubs in this gameworld and often does ridiculously one sided transfers between these clubs, i.e. Iniesta for chairman value, Canales going the other way for 25m, those kind of obviously dodgy ones. Yet SM do absolutely nothing about this guy and then reverse the one transfer I have ever done with him... How effed up is this? Oh, and they didn't reverse the transfer he did for De Gea at chairman value from one of his feeder clubs on the same day. I think this just about sums up the **** up the devs have made this game in the last 12 months.

One good thing came out of it though, he lost his concerns. So there is a way around it, have multiple accounts, pass your risers around them until they are about to be reviewed, then sell them to your "Main" account at chairman value, get the rise, sell them, make profit without the fear of getting banned as SM don't care about cheats anyway.

Basically SM, your customers are not happy about a few things. :o

Why was stupits account "matched" with the other manager, indicating to you that he (Stupit) was cheating but the other manager was able to sell de gea for naff all and allowd do other transfers besides.

You need to find a way to resolve this, you need to remove the anti cheat stsyme in place.. it is not catching enuff cheats & it would appear and from my own personal experience only stops honest gamers in keeping the player they just signed & proberly is really happy at getting this player & negociated for weeks perhaps for this player, only to have him taken away.

This game is all about transfers, signing your favourte players etc, the first thing I wanted to do after finding a club is do transfers, stoping honest transfers, "REMEMEBER YOUR STOPING HONEST CUSTOMERS" is not good for you, & there's too much of it, even if you don't realise it.

2nd is the topic were on, things are alittle bad, but i think they gona get worse.. so heres a heads up, why dont you do a poll on facebook asking 2 questions

1) Is anti cheat prevention systyme in place is sufficient

& 2, a question which might be better to ask in awhile after managers start losing there fav players/teams

2) Are player concerns ruining your enjoyment of SM?

Find out for yourself what 200,000 people think.

with regards q1, i understand that maybe there's no better/afordable option than there currently is, but if this was the case just come out and say so.

question two is not about taking concerns away, it's about altering a few things.

Fact is, & thats not to say the forum is bad or anytin, but logging into forum instead of the game first in the morning says something.

THIS TOPIC IS 137+ PAGES LADS.

I think the below suggestion is one that should be taken on-board by SM. A poll is the easiest & quickest way to obtain feedback from your customers (many paying customer too) as to how they regard their SM experience over recent months.

There is no better way to keep your customers happy than to show that you do listen to their concerns and make them feel appreciated for any constructive criticism and feedback that is for the good of the game (after all, we all want to enjoy the game). Automated replies to concerns merely shows a lack of respect to those who pay for this experience.

There is an obvious concern amongst some of the games most experienced and loyal customers, to simply ignore these concerns would be to the detriment of the game, forum and the future of SM. With many alternatives out there I fear that this once enjoyable game will lose its most loyal and profitable customers to its competitors.

Come on SM, hold your hands up, admit the mistake, apologise.......and finally, correct the error.

Come on SM' date=' hold your hands up, admit the mistake, apologise.......and finally, correct the error.[/quote']

From your post to the dev's ears! Unfortunately I don't think they give a toss what we think:mad:

even I just want an answer at this stage! all this negativity is not good and it is not what we want people who have just joined to see is it?

honestly though its obviously anyone who is at risk of having to trim their squad down and have to lose even one players or field a weaker team is going to vote towards going back to being able tohave a huge squad with loads of stars that they can easily mantain and never have to sell a high rated rated player:)

also I doubt all these threats of leaving and how sm will basically go down the drain if they dont sort this out is really the answer although the response has been terrible.

e

as for the apology your expecting (dancpoli) I really hope its for the lack of reply and not sm's attempt to sort out a problem:rolleyes:

John Obi Mikel has concerns of the usual' date=' 'Concerned about his lack of games', when he played 25 games last season and 11 from substitute. Yoann Gourcuff also gets the same concerns for playing 21 games with 12 substitute appearances, in the same GameWorld. It's simply ridiculous and nothing short of that! It needs to be sorted out soon, as in a competitive GameWorld, the depth is more than needed to compete with others in terms of buying and selling players, and being able to rotate for fitness.[/quote']

I think that sounds perfectly fine for those two players to get concerns, Obi Mikel, 25 games 11 subs, means he started just 19.5 games just over 50% of the league games available, Gourcuff managed 21 games 12 subs or 15 starts, not even 40%.

I think that sounds perfectly fine for those two players to get concerns' date=' Obi Mikel, 25 games 11 subs, means he started just 19.5 games just over 50% of the league games available, Gourcuff managed 21 games 12 subs or 15 starts, not even 40%.[/quote']

So if you have Obi Mikel concerned at only playing 50% and say you have another player to back him up. How in gods name can you keep both of those players happy.

It's impossible.

So if you have Obi Mikel concerned at only playing 50% and say you have another player to back him up. How in gods name can you keep both of those players happy.

It's impossible.

I don't understand, I mean, John Obi doesn't exactly play every game in real life either. Players like Essien being benched for Chelsea etc, Nuri Sahin of Madrid, Pedro of Barcelona. So players of high ratings play around half the games on real life which such be ilustrated in the game. Plus I am in competitions such as the Champions League on SM and got to the cup final, of which I have a cup team. The appearances of which them players have made is just in the Premier League alone. I use Cabaye over Mikel, who has made 25 appearances with 1 substitution. When you add that to the fact that players miss games due to injuries on this game is seems to make more sense! :o

Today I have 2 delightful problems with the concern auto transfer list system.

Case 1

I bid slightly higher (200k) than the AI on a 94 rated player (auto transfer listed due to concerns) in a gameworld with a transfer window (its outside of the window).

Not only did I lose to an external club who bid less when the player would have been a sure starter (my best right back) but the transfer has gone through outside the transfer window AND I cant bid for anyone else from that team as in my club transfer history it still registers my bid. I cant withdraw it so i probably have lost out on both players...

Case 2

Player auto transfer listed (diferent club to case 1) Manager leaves and new manager joins said club. Player is auto transfer listed for £28 million but because of new manager the manager protection thing kicks in I have to bid £40 million. Thats just silly.

I dont think in either case the situation makes any sense. Surely a human club should have preference over an external club - isnt the game about human players after all? Not to mention in the second case that the protection system shouldnt kick in to a player that is auto transfer listed. No one is taking advantage of a new manager in that case.

So Im still transfer locked in case 1 and cant bid on another player from same club even though the first players transfer has gone through outside of the closed transfer window and the other players are receiveing computer bids............

And in case 2 the computer is bidding for the player from the second club at the transfer listed price of £30m instead of the inflated "this is one of the clubs best players so you pay more" price of £40m its expecting me to bigd - excellent implementation of concerns!

honestly though its obviously anyone who is at risk of having to trim their squad down and have to lose even one players or field a weaker team is going to vote towards going back to being able tohave a huge squad with loads of stars that they can easily mantain and never have to sell a high rated rated player:)

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that if you have "a huge squad with loads of stars" then you expect to lose some players to concerns. That has been the case for me since they were introduced. I have been willing to sell the likes of Sahin' date=' Hamsik, Afellay etc. (for a good profit) in order to keep my core squad and the likes of Ozil, Muller and Neymar to come through. That's just the way it is. However with the escalated concerns I'll have to sell [b']all[/b] of my future prospects and just play the same starting line up - replacing them with low rated players too low to develop concerns when they're not available through suspension, injury or lack of fitness. Also there'll be no point in scouting new players because they'll develop concerns before making it in to the team. Where's the fun in that?

So I wish you would stop making these blanket assumptions about what we all want. I would suggest that you spend more time listening to those of us who have experience of managing big squads under the concern system and take on board the fact that the new regimen is going to ruin the game.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that if you have "a huge squad with loads of stars" then you expect to lose some players to concerns. That has been the case for me since they were introduced. I have been willing to sell the likes of Sahin' date=' Hamsik, Afellay etc. (for a good profit) in order to keep my core squad and the likes of Ozil, Muller and Neymar to come through. That's just the way it is. However with the escalated concerns I'll have to sell [b']all[/b] of my future prospects and just play the same starting line up - replacing them with low rated players too low to develop concerns when they're not available through suspension, injury or lack of fitness. Also there'll be no point in scouting new players because they'll develop concerns before making it in to the team. Where's the fun in that?

So I wish you would stop making these blanket assumptions about what we all want. I would suggest that you spend more time listening to those of us who have experience of managing big squads under the concern system and take on board the fact that the new regimen is going to ruin the game.

the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing concerns while injured and suspended.

people are always giving out about realism. surely 92+ rated players playing as back up then getting upset isnt unrealistic? and as for saying there is three competitions to compete in, look at some of the teams man u had to field in the champs league last season,and every prem team plays a sub par team in the fa cup and carling cup. surely the second team should be far weaker than the first.

You know what I just thought of, it's going to be impossible to keep concerns away.

if you have a

93 Winger, (1st)

92 Winger, (2nd)

90 Winger, (= 3rd)

90 Winger, (= 3rd)

89 Winger, (5th)

88 Winger, (= 6th)

88 Winger (= 6th)

your bound to get concerns on the two 90 Wingers and maybe the 89 Winger, so you have to sell them now you have

93 (1st)

92 (2nd)

89 (3rd)

88 (= 4th)

88, (= 4th)

your 89 and 88 players will now get concerns since their role within your squad has become much more important, so no matter what you do you'll basically always have concerns if you have more then 2 players per position regardless of ratings.

93 (1st)

92 (2nd)

88 (3rd)

86 (= 4th)

86, (= 4th)

confusing but that's my current theory

the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing concerns while injured and suspended.

people are always giving out about realism. surely 92+ rated players playing as back up then getting upset isnt unrealistic? and as for saying there is three competitions to compete in' date=' look at some of the teams man u had to field in the champs league last season,and every prem team plays a sub par team in the fa cup and carling cup. surely the second team should be far weaker than the first.[/quote']

Realism, I don't want realism I want to play a game loosely based on Real life, I want to be able to play the game the way I want to play it within the rules, I've never cheated and never will yet I have awesome squads due to my hard work and effort, effort I've put in over the last 4+ years, I feel I'm now being punished for spending hundreds of dollars and investing hundreds of hours in SM.

Except that this isn't the case. In my Roma team (WC 117), for example, 42 of the 46 first team and fringe players now have concerns. These concerns range from level 1 up to level 4, meaning that I am having to play the players who have the highest concens despite the fact that I am in the final stages of the league season, where my team currently sit top by 1 point from a closely grouped chasing pack. I know that I am going to have to reduce my squad further but the reality is that by the end of next season I will be lucky if I have 16 players from my first team squad left. Some of the first team squad are currently out on loan (now that cup competitions are resolved, as well as a number of youth players. Next season I will not have the option of sending these players out on loan to help other managers out due to escalated 'loan out' concerns - so those players will have to go too.

The above scenario is mirrored in another 4 of my setups, with 3 more currently manageable within the concerns framework. It is only my 4 GC teams where concerns are not really an issue. Frankly, on this basis, I cannot see me renewing my gold membership when it expires. The irony is that I would pay a much higher gold membership fee if the game was improving rather than deteriorating as it is at the moment. I hope for SM's sake their business model will allow them to make money out of all the high-churn newbies that they are targetting to replace the long-term members that are the bedrock of most setups.

The concerns now are just ridiculous. I had no problem with them before they 'tweaked it to close loopholes', but now they're just updated way too often. My Roma in GC13 had absolutely no concerns before this tweak, as I rotated fairly, but now there are like 15+ concerns....

Also some of my players developed concerns just a couple of weeks ago, so I played them in every game since, and now they go up in concern again.... How do they expect us to manage concerns if they go this quick...

They need to communicate to us what has gone on.

I still havent received any concerns with squads over 150+ players that are for not playing except one or two to second choice players where there is only 1 rating difference. That being said if I do receive loads of concerns for youth players not playing then it's my time to go because thats where my enjoyment comes from getting youth players watching them rise whilst competing against sides with higher ratings.

I have nothing new to add, other than to offer support to those who have voiced their frustrations with player concerns. All of my frustrating situations are similar to those that have been described previously.

I was initially in favor of player concerns, because it can be annoying to join a set-up and look to improve your team, only to discover all the best players and most promising talents belong to just a few teams. However, I've found that, with patience, I've been able to build some pretty good teams, or get offered the chance to manage one of the big clubs.

I actually thought the player concerns were fairly effective before the so-called "tweak." I manage mostly in GCs, so I can only speak to those, but it seemed that only rarely did a 90+ player demand a move, and in those cases it seemed justified; the player really was never getting any games. So, I don't see why any change was needed. I really hope they reconsider.

I have many teams ranging from the small (27 players) to the rather large (200+ players) and I can honestly say I've never lost a player to concerns yet, yes sometimes I've had to play the concerned player in the first team a few times (87 rated Steven Ireland in my Manchester City side for example) but it hasn't affected my league results, partly because I assume other managers are also doing the same to try and manage their concerns!

My Manchester United side in GC56 has 17 90+ players and only one of those has a lack of games concern, Moutinho (91) who has gone down to a Level 1 because I've been playing him in place of Modric (93) which hasn't affected the average rating of my starting 11.

I did have one strange concern whereby an 18 year old 80 rated player started getting lack of game concerns in a team with a first team rating of 86, but I was able to replace an 83 rated defender with him for a few games which didn't affect the team ratings-wise and made him happy again!

Latest concern report for my Roma (WC117) has just come in:

The following players have had their 'lack of games' concerns increased:

Correia Adriano Level 2

Souza Robinho Level 2

Anderson Luisao Level 4

Steve Mandanda Level 2

Gregory Van Der Wiel Level 2

Adil Rami Level 2

ToniKroos Level 2

Thomas Muller Level 2

Ranieri Sandro Level 2

Kyle Walker Level 2

All of these players last had a concern increase on June 15th. On June 19th a further 10 players had an increase in 'lack of games' concerns and on June 22nd another batch of 11 had an increase.

I'm now bracing myself for a further rise for this next group in the next 7 days. So much for Teb's claim that there are several months between concern increases on individual players!

Bear in mind that since the last rating change I have attempted to rotate as many of these concerned players as much as possible but the reality is that at this speed of increase I will not be able to get the concerns down unless I drop all my existing starting 11...which will mean that they develop concerns and with their 75% of starts requirement they will leave before I can give them enough games. Oh yeah, I should mention that I am in a League title battle with six games of the season left to complicate matters further.

This is plain and simple stupidity by SM who have not thought through the consequences of their actions. Does anybody still believe the lie that this was just a case of closing a few "loopholes"?

I have many teams ranging from the small (27 players) to the rather large (200+ players) and I can honestly say I've never lost a player to concerns yet

As I mentioned in an earlier post, 'concerns' don't seem to be adversely affecting GC's to anywhere like the same degree as in other types of setup. Do you have any non GC's with large squads?

Im up for organizing a flashmob to quit this game if we dont get satisfaction on this.

Set a specific date, and if we dont hear from the developers until then we all quit.

Like i said before this is not fun anymore and anyway as soon as any of my players ask to move due to concerns im out of SM :mad:

Concerns are getting ridiculous now. Its getting to the point where you can't have enough players to field a team for the cup as players are not happy being rotated.

I have a squad of 24 players rated 88+ not a greedy amount by any means and yet one third of the squad are unhappy! To top it off some of these players are not even 1st team players in their real life clubs.

Even more player concerns today! This is just preposterous and really has me peeved off with the lack of feedback from anyone at SM.

I've reported my concerns via the ticket system and also sent a message to SMDevJohn a few days back

The response to the ticket was the usual automated bull

I've not had a response from SMDevJohn as yet