Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Why can't someone at SM just simply tell us what's going on and what they intend to do to fix the problem instead of "monitoring the thread"?

Weeks and weeks of debating this subject is a flipping joke' date=' your customers demand answers!!

The delay tactics and muddied answers are not acceptable any more!

I'd also like for SM to fix those player concerns that have been reviewed twice over the past few weeks too and downgrade them a level as it sure as hell aint right that player concerns are rising so rapidly!

Hugely fed up with SM and their so called customer support. You can't get a straight answer from anyone at SM, they're similar to a group of politicians who never actually give you an answer to the question[/quote']

Don't waste your breathe. They've set the lapdog otherwise known as tebthereb loose on this thread in an attempt to belittle what everyone is saying. They couldn't give a monkeys, it's quite obvious, they are so far up their own backside that they think we'll all start towing the line eventually. This game is now a complete balls up and I'm looking forward to my gold management expiring shortly. Until that time I shall keep coming back here, making my point to the idiots that run the game and their batty boy fanboys.

After the amount of time I have put into this game down the years I am mightily peeved that it gets screwed up this quickly by faceless morons. And personally, as a paying customer, I think I have the right to that as well as having the right to some answers from people in a senior position, not some know it all twonk in the forum. If I treated my customers like this, I'd be out of a job.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Thanks. If you or anyone else want to bullet point some questions' date=' I will happily run them by one of the devs if you are not happy to do so yourself and see what they say.

Personally I don't put too much store in forum polls but perhaps it will make SM take note. It looks to be a landslide result but I am not sure if the people voting represent the average user in the game. Facebook poll would be nice to see.

On the point about listening to the long-standing players, I think this is problematic as the people who have been playing the game the longest though are by definition a small minority of the playing population. Plus, in most cases, they are the ones most likely to have a vested interest in seeing that nothing changes as they are, quite naturally, thinking about their own interests.

I appreciate there are arguments that suggest changing back player concerns is for the good of the game but personally I think there was a lot of evidence to suggest they were not working. Perhaps some middle ground is needed; like no exemption for <90 rated players but smaller percentages of games required etc.[/quote']

I believe there needs to be a middle ground to resolve this issue, Maybe a banding on rating concerns or an offset based on the average of the three highest rated players from each position?

I've not put any thought into the above suggestions as they've just popped into my head as I was responding to your message. In addition, I'm fairly certain that any suggestions would merely be ignored and dismissed as unnecessary changes to the player concern system.

I really feel a Facebook poll by SM would be something that should be put into place immediately to unearth whether there is a wider audience of disgruntled customers. Surely you agree on this?

After the amount of time I have put into this game down the years I am mightily peeved that it gets screwed up this quickly by faceless morons. And personally' date=' as a paying customer, I think I have the right to that as well as having the right to some answers from people in a senior position, not some know it all twonk in the forum. If I treated my customers like this, I'd be out of a job.[/quote']

Even though I know your post will get taken down, I have to say I agree with you 100%.

It doesn't matter how many games he played at his last club. 14 games and 2 sub appearances out of how many possible games?

16 for all i care. :mad: (20/21max)

marin mathieu are unhappy m8 in GC, der my best players inc gabi above new to the club, 21 games 14(2) & unhappy :( marin and mathieu have played about 30 games each this season in all comp.

you make valid points, however I disagree on many, on many you just don't get the point espcially the goalkeeper situation, i simply don't agree with the boundries imposed by SM in order for you to keep such players.

I used cassiles as an example as he's rated 96, and if you want to keep de gea who you bought for 500k* years ago, then it's not fair that to keep de gea you must drop cassiles 50% of the time in league matches, or have to sell cassiles or de gea.. with 89 rated players getting unhappy now, it leaves potentially your backup GK/Future GK being rated 88/90<(if he had not demanded a transfer by time buffon/cassiless/reina retired/droped in rating)

Basically my team ive had for years and years eventually will sucome to being downgraded due to me not having a TOP gk anymore..

anyway SM get the point, im not gona go *** for tat, made a few points, had my say.

So' date=' drop your first XI to boost your chances of playing your fringe players, or give the fringe players more game time to keep them. Which players do you want to keep more?

[/quote']

Another problem with this 'solution' is that this is tantamount to match fixing, as can be seen from the info posted on the match fixing ticket:

Match Fixing is intentionally fielding a weakened team to help the opposition win the game.

To report Match Fixing the following must be true of the fixture:

Both teams must be managed by registered managers.

One of the teams must have fielded significantly weaker players than they had available.

The team that fielded the weakened team must have lost the game.

You believe that the two managers know each other or are the same person.

Please select two players from the losing team who were significantly worse than available alternatives:

So if I leave out Rooney (rated 95) and Thiago Silva (rated 94) who don't have concerns and play Dzagoev (rated 89) and Musacchio (rated 89) who do have concerns and my team loses to a friend's team as a consequence of fielding a significantly weaker team am i guilty of 'match fixing? if not, why not?

See how stupid this system is?

i got me an 83 rated gk unhappy, if i play him instead of my loan gk (loaning since enke done himself) i could get screwd? or it would appear suspicious

TBH think that it's more likly SM will take action if much weaker players were played rather than your 88/89's etc

Another problem with this 'solution' is that this is tantamount to match fixing' date=' as can be seen from the info posted on the match fixing ticket:

[b']Match Fixing is intentionally fielding a weakened team to help the opposition win the game.

To report Match Fixing the following must be true of the fixture:

Both teams must be managed by registered managers.

One of the teams must have fielded significantly weaker players than they had available.

The team that fielded the weakened team must have lost the game.

You believe that the two managers know each other or are the same person.

Please select two players from the losing team who were significantly worse than available alternatives: [/b]

So if I leave out Rooney (rated 95) and Thiago Silva (rated 94) who don't have concerns and play Dzagoev (rated 89) and Musacchio (rated 89) who do have concerns and my team loses to a friend's team as a consequence of fielding a significantly weaker team am i guilty of 'match fixing? if not, why not?

See how stupid this system is?

Why can't someone at SM just simply tell us what's going on and what they intend to do to fix the problem instead of "monitoring the thread"?

Weeks and weeks of debating this subject is a flipping joke' date=' your customers demand answers!!

The delay tactics and muddied answers are not acceptable any more!

I'd also like for SM to fix those player concerns that have been reviewed twice over the past few weeks too and downgrade them a level as it sure as hell aint right that player concerns are rising so rapidly!

Hugely fed up with SM and their so called customer support. You can't get a straight answer from anyone at SM, they're similar to a group of politicians who never actually give you an answer to the question[/b']

amen to that

Hi . I'm looking for help , i mention i have read Online Help .

I really hate this concerns of the players and i have a problem with my Gk ( Joe Hart ), he was unhappy because of lack of games( LEVEL 1 ) when i have took over the club ( 2-3 months ago). Since then , he played in every match but now he is unhappy LEVEL 2 cause of lack of games .

I don't understand , he plays in every match i have , and i win almost every match i have and he is unhappy level 2 :confused::confused::confused:. What's the problem ? I really hate this thing, i will end up losing some good players.

Hi . I'm looking for help ' date=' i mention i have read Online Help .

I really hate this concerns of the players and i have a problem with my Gk ( Joe Hart ), he was unhappy because of lack of games( LEVEL 1 ) when i have took over the club ( 2-3 months ago). Since then , he played in every match but now he is unhappy LEVEL 2 cause of lack of games .

I don't understand , he plays in every match i have , and i win almost every match i have and he is unhappy level 2 :confused::confused::confused:. What's the problem ? I really hate this thing, i will end up losing some good players.

I made a post ages ago, this is explained (although not in great detail) in the in-game help,

As far as I am aware the player wants to have played 75% of games.

For example:

If you have Messi' date=' but only play him for 7/20 of your games (less than the 15 games - 75%) then he may develop a level 1 concern.

[b']If you play him for the next 20 games straight, totaling 27/40, he will still go up a concern (to level 2) as this 27/40 is less than 30 games (75%).[/b]

This is the concept people fail to grasp.

The concerns aren't a perfect system, my opinion has varied on them over time. Initially I was all for them (even arguing for them), but recent "plugged loopholes" have just pushed me over the edge. There are positive and negative arguments for concerns, but recently I feel the tide has changed and there is a large amount of negativity towards them (see the poll by Dancpoli, located in his signature).

I dont understand how a player auto transfer listed by a club due to the concern system, listed at £30 million is being bid on at that price by the AI yet the protection system expects human managers to bid £40 millino and thats not a bug. How is the club being protected if it accepts the lower fee from the ai?

Not to mention how I lost out on 2 players thanks to another bug I posted a few days back.

To anyone who thinks people arent great at rotating their squad I say give it a month for the concerns to start trickling in and then every 4 weeks there after. They have affetced different teams of mine to varying degrees.

To anyone who thinks people arent great at rotating their squad I say give it a month for the concerns to start trickling in and then every 4 weeks there after. They have affetced different teams of mine to varying degrees.

This is the critical point about the new frequency of concerns. Players will now escalate through all levels inside six months, equivalent to one season, which does not give a reasonable amount of time to rotate the squad to avoid losing a significant number of players.

Also, what are SM going to do about updating the interval between player rating changes to reflect the new four week interval between concerns? Seems to me you can't make changes to the one without the other being considered.

Regarding the concern problem, my team blown the title changes just to make sure solving the player concerns by fielding the weaker one. Furthermore, what make me sick is the injured player gains player concern even he in longer term absent (11 weeks).

That's hurt a lot when u lose the title while your team salaries package reaches 2 Millions.

Regarding the concern problem' date=' my team blown the title changes just to make sure solving the player concerns by fielding the weaker one. Furthermore, what make me sick is the injured player gains player concern even he in longer term absent (11 weeks).

That's hurt a lot when u lose the title while your team salaries package reaches 2 Millions.[/quote']

these injured players can go even worse...see my empl.

Speler Transfer geblokkerd tot: 12 augustus 2012.

have him buy on the 02/06 played one game's out for 10 DAY's played a other game again out for 3 weeks.from yesterday out for 14 weeks:eek:

played only 4 world cup's and 2 legal game's.

today I LOCK IN ...CONCERNS OF LACK OF GAME'S ....how can that?

Player Fact File

41816_1320086698.jpg

Club Toulouse

Leeftijd23Geboorte Datum30 januari 1989Land

FrankrijkPositieVleugel/LBVoetLinks

Spelersdossier

ClubFC Porto (Gemanaged)

Gehuurd Van(Onbekend)SelectieEerste Elftal

Waardering88Laatste Verandering in Vaardigheden spacer.gif 1Speler Waarde5,990,000Contract3 Seizoenen - 27,750 per Beurt

Positie Details

Vleugelspeler/Linker Verdediger (Vleugel/LB)

Links of rechtsbenig

Links

Selectie details

Vorm6-6-5-7-4-6Moraal

spacer.gif zorgen Level 1: Minder belangrijke zorg

Bezorgd om zijn gebrek aan wedstrijden

Voorwaarden32%BlessuresRug blessure - 14 weken (terug ong. 28 oktober 2012)SchorsingenGeenNiet speelgerechtigd voor de BekerWorld Champ Cup (FC Porto):eek::confused:

Just checked the concerns for one of my clubs.

Had John Guidetti (rated 85) on a Level 3 Concern, because he "Wants an increase in wages". I see he is already earning over £20,000 per turn and wonder how much can he want?

I click to offer him a new contract, and he expects a wage of up to £18,450. So now he's earning around £2000 less a week. I guess Player Concerns aren't all that bad :o.

I made a post ages ago' date=' this is explained (although not in great detail) in the in-game help,

The concerns aren't a perfect system, my opinion has varied on them over time. Initially I was all for them (even arguing for them), but recent "plugged loopholes" have just pushed me over the edge. There are positive and negative arguments for concerns, but recently I feel the tide has changed and there is a large amount of negativity towards them (see the poll by Dancpoli, located in his signature).

I didn't found it . Can you explain me please ? I'd appreciate it.

I didn't found it . Can you explain me please ? I'd appreciate it.

The part in the In-Game help? This is one paragraph from the help system' date=' regarding Lack of Games concerns:

For example if a player was on a Level 2 concern on Turn 1. He expects to play 70% of games and you start playing him from Turn 1 in 7/10 games. Then come Turn 20 and he has played 14 games then he will be happy and his concern will drop to Level 1. If however you did not play him and then on Turn 20 he went to a Level 3 and then on Turn 30 went to Level 4 and then you started playing him you may struggle to keep him because by Turn 38 he would have wanted to have played 28 games that season but you can only play him in 8. Then by turn 38 he will demand a transfer despite playing the last 8 games as he has become concerned about lack of playing time in the current and previous season.

It's found by clicking 'Help' in the top-right hand corner of the screen. Then type "concerns" into the search bar and click 'search'. It should be the only result. Then there are lots of areas of concerns explained.

The part in the In-Game help? This is one paragraph from the help system' date=' regarding Lack of Games concerns:

It's found by clicking 'Help' in the top-right hand corner of the screen. Then type "concerns" into the search bar and click 'search'. It should be the only result. Then there are lots of areas of concerns explained.[/quote']

Thanks man , i don't know what's wrong with me , i'm not in my best day

I wish I knew the answer to this question' date=' unfortunately I don't.

My opinion is that the changes you feel are unnecessary are, in fact, necessary. The devs are of the same opinion so I guess that makes it a "no" at present, but I suppose if enough people object to what has been done and give good reasons besides being personally annoyed/disadvantaged they might consider changing it.

I know quite a few people have posted about not liking the changes here but it is hard to say whether these people represent the forum community, let alone the entire SM community, many of whom have either not noticed, don't care, or approve.

Don' think John has come on the forum since Tuesday, probably better off contacting SM Dev (Ste) who is on the forum more often. They should respond to your ticket soon even with just holding a response, normally takes them up to three working days for that.

The only reason your player should have concerns is if, whilst uninjured, you did not play him enough. The games he misses through injury don't count towards him getting a concern.

I know it feels like the rules have changed and can see where you and everyone else is coming from, but for me the rules have not changed as the Online Help has never said that players of a certain rating are exempt from concerns so I think SM have just put things in line with what the "rules" were always intended to be.[/quote']

...etc etc (won't quote the lot).

Stop the press ladies and gentlemen!!!

Today is a historical day, as after 5 or so years of disagreeing with Teb about pretty much every aspect of the game relating to squad size and freeing up players - I 100% agree with ALL of his points...! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't know if he's mellowing with age :P but I'm glad we finally agree on the merit of having more players (both high-rated and high-potential) flowing throughout a gameworld and thus generating and maintaining interest in it.

A large part of a football managers job is managing player concerns and SM are to be applauded for a bold move towards realism as opposed to the "fantasy football" approach (which is catered for in the customs by turning player concerns off) of old.

The time to get properly annoyed is when/if they ever decide to close the barmy "loop-hole" that sees 75 rated youths sell for as little as £270k or be swapped for some random League 2 youngster.....that'd really kill the fantasy aspect dead!

Latest concern report for my Roma (WC117) has just come in:

The following players have had their 'lack of games' concerns increased:

Correia Adriano Level 2

Souza Robinho Level 2

Anderson Luisao Level 4

Steve Mandanda Level 2

Gregory Van Der Wiel Level 2

Adil Rami Level 2

ToniKroos Level 2

Thomas Muller Level 2

Ranieri Sandro Level 2

Kyle Walker Level 2

All of these players last had a concern increase on June 15th. On June 19th a further 10 players had an increase in 'lack of games' concerns and on June 22nd another batch of 11 had an increase.

I'm now bracing myself for a further rise for this next group in the next 7 days. So much for Teb's claim that there are several months between concern increases on individual players!

Bear in mind that since the last rating change I have attempted to rotate as many of these concerned players as much as possible but the reality is that at this speed of increase I will not be able to get the concerns down unless I drop all my existing starting 11...which will mean that they develop concerns and with their 75% of starts requirement they will leave before I can give them enough games. Oh yeah' date=' I should mention that I am in a League title battle with six games of the season left to complicate matters further.

This is plain and simple stupidity by SM who have not thought through the consequences of their actions. Does anybody [b']still[/b] believe the lie that this was just a case of closing a few "loopholes"?

Right on cue my Roma in WC117 get second batch of players this month with escalated concerns 35 days after the last increase of the same players.

Higuain up to level 2

Bocchetti up to level 2

Dzeko up to level 3

Vertonghen up to level 2

Dzagoev up to level 2

Neymar up to level 3

Muniain up to level 2

M'vila down to level 1

Adam Johnson has developed a level 1 loan out concern.

Cardozo would also have escalated if I hadn't sold him voluntarily.

That's two batches down and one to go this month and I'm still in a tight title race with five games left in the season. I do not need this right now:mad:

Even the response from SM's Facebook page regurgitates the usual garbage

We have recently fixed numerous "loopholes" regarding Player Concerns and they are now running as per the article in the Help titled "Player Concerns".

Mamadou Sakho, CB 90

Level 3 Concern, for ONLY having played 22(1) in all comp this year (only turn 25) Last season 18(0) league matches, cup matches unknown.

I BOUGHT HIM, i got him over 4 and a half years ago, for all you know as puyols replacement, now i will lose him or must let puyol go and weaken my team.

Consider if someone must drop xavi to play alcantera, puyol to play sakho, buffon for sczcenzey etc, SM no longer allows for 89+ players regardless of age to ()sit there() it only means having to make a choice between youths prospects and the worlds top players..

Any future player (piazon) for example will follow the same rating pattern of the likes of alcantera dzagoev neymar mvilla etc so....

tbh its a kick in the balls of those who have spent years wating for sacko, then he reaches 90 and i must drop puyol for him.. for me it makes no sence, it's a game.

The boundry of being a good manager (in many different aspects of the game) are being erroded, that now it's a case that there's almost an open border, you get very little "bonus" for being a good manager, all you have is more experience/or dedication. the gap between noob and good isient anything.. it should be.

Great managers will still have alittle more of an advantage again, but the game is meant to have skill, i can understand SM wanting to open the borders on transfers/squads etc but this way only punishes.

just awsell i droped puyol, to play sacko more than 50% of the time, id have lost him already :( my barce team is going for the league etc less chance when i must drop my top players that much. point of game gone at this stage.

on saturday i will make choice, sell puyol and cost me few leagues, or just sell sacko.. thanks SM, Puyols replacement will be rated 88/89, and il hope puols retired by then so i dont have same pressure to play my new replacement player over a top player.

So much for having my teams 5/6 years and building them, noob go buy Sahko now 50 dolla, then quit setup even if win division 1.

THE FRIGGIN IRONY IF Sakho ends up at one of the "cheaters" teams :(

ok I'm getting quite annoyed now by this now having enjoyed playing this game for years and seeing alot of excellent recent improvements by SM i.e the new score centre this is all being ruined by these escalated concerns.

I have had to play quite a few players recently who had concerns over higher rated players and surprise surprise my results have started to suffer! :mad:

If anyone from SM does read these posts please do something about this as it is ruining the game for the majority of your members