Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Due to have Vidic transfer anytime now. I bought him for one of my teams about 6 months ago for 70m. He's played 6 times since due to injury after injury, all minimum 6 weekers, then missing games to get fitness up to 100%. When fit he hasn't missed a league game. He has a level 4 lack of games concern now and I'm pretty sure the concerns will get a refresh next week.

I've sent tickets, usual automated response. I pay to play this game, yet I am fast losing the enjoyment I once had. Won't be paying for much longer.

Not really on SM, not on at all. You may want to review your business plan...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

This game is dying a death by a thousand cuts at the moment. I can't speak for anyone else but my enthusiasm has almost totally evaporated in the last five weeks. I feel that the thousands of hours I have spent building my teams, over five and a half years, have been wasted due to the ill thought-out changes that have been introduced without any consultation with their customer base. Truly pathetic!

Hot topic at the mo

Gargano(89) has concerns for me now

We are 18 games into the season. He has played 6

I play mostly 2 central midfielders, from Busquets/Diego/Inler

Gargano is my worst midfielder and has still 6 games.

IRL he would be happy maybe not for 3-4 years but he would be happy

Agree with Shelbournes sentiments entirely. I know why this was introduced but it has serious flaws

In another world Jones wants to start 75% of my games with Hummels/Silva and Kompany ahead of him.

SM is telling me i am player hogging so Jones must go elsewhere AND..........to top it off he will go for face value too because the world is seriously depleted.

IF anybody at SM could convince me that Jones has to go and would not be

happy fair enough.but IRL

1. he would stick it at least one year

2.HE WOULD NEVER GO FOR FACE VALUE

This will be facing many gamers now all these concerned players going for minimum fee because lets face only very few gameworld have leagues 25%+managed

Is it just the 89 and above rated players because I am honestly not getting many unexpected player concerns with squads up to 200 players?

No. Thibaut Coutois (20 years old, 88 rating) is unhappy because he has not been chosen in front of Iker Casillas (95 rating).

Is it just the 89 and above rated players because I am honestly not getting many unexpected player concerns with squads up to 200 players?

No its all players. I got a 78 rated player concerned for lack of games because I didnt play him over 88s and 89s. Also got

If people were to examine the squad of their real-life team then there will be a fair few concerns of various levels in the dressing room - concerns are a major part of real-life football so if SM has any ambition to live up to their mission statement then concerns must also feature majorly in-game too.

I really think noobies a year from now will look back at this thread and be amazed that something so fundamental to football management would ever have caused such uproar in a' date=' er, football management game! :rolleyes::D

There are 49,000 odd registered forumers but probably only a couple of thousand will be active on the English-speaking boards.

As the poll thread has been so prominent over recent days it would appear that 100-odd folk are unhappy while hundreds more will have read the thread title but don't feel strongly enough to even give the thread a view :o

It's not as if the boards are rammed with thousands and thousands of the suspected quarter of a million active members joining the forum for the first time because they are so outraged at player concerns....so at this stage I'm afraid that I just can't accept that "the majority" are upset which is the comment that I responded to initially.[/quote']

"Machine", some of your asinine comments to an issue that is clearly frustrating so many established SM members is pretty deplorable. Quoting statistics of registered or active forumers in relation to people posting on this thread to quantify your argument does not validate your opinion either. I'm pretty sure if a simple poll was mandatory on log in for all SM members asking whether the existing method of player concerns was improving or lessening their gaming experience you would find that "the majority" would disapprove of the way it currently operates.

If SM does have ambition to live up to their mission statement and be more realistic then surely a forced sale at level 5 is inappropriate; want-away players under contract don't always get their desired transfer because there is no obligation for a club to sell. The only feasible option if player concerns is to be a part of SM would be to develop the contract negotiations and if a player has grave concerns then they would not sign.

A big part of the game for many people including myself is finding young talents and seeing their ratings increase over time, for these players to then develop concerns when they aren't as good as the first team yet is a bit of a kick in the nuts :mad:

This game is dying a death by a thousand cuts at the moment. I can't speak for anyone else but my enthusiasm has almost totally evaporated in the last five weeks. I feel that the thousands of hours I have spent building my teams' date=' over five and a half years, have been wasted due to the ill thought-out changes that have been introduced without any consultation with their customer base. Truly pathetic![/quote']

You can speak for me brother, it's getting beyond a joke, I almost can't even be bothered to log in now, more of a chore than anything.

Wilfred Zaha now has a level 1 concern about lack of games despite playing 100% of games since I signed him 8/9 turns ago :rolleyes:

It appears that SM isn't taking into account players transferring clubs when calculating concerns :confused:

I'm noticing these concerns don't seem to be consistent among all teams.

As an example, in my Sampdoria team, back up keeper Courtois (88 rated) is now on a level 2 concern despite being behind 94 rated Buffon in the squad. There's no way I'm dropping a 94 rated keeper so an 88 rated one gets a few games. Therefore I'm going to be forced to sell a promising young keeper who would take over from Buffon eventually anyway.

In my mate's Norwich squad in the same set up, he's got Ter-Stegen (87) as his back up goalkeeper who he's had for a similar length of time that I've had Courtois. He's never played him, and his main keeper is only 89 rated, so the two are of similar ability. He's not got any concerns at all.

I'm delighted (sarcasm inserted) your 88 gk is getting unhappy because you have buffon, (on this basis alone id quit the game)

i made example like this month(s) ago, pitty more dient here my cry, or heard & see different in which way this GAME should be ALOWD played,

i don't agree with buying players just to sell, using the market as a stock exchange, but thats how the game works on one level and GAMERS like it like this, maybe not all but some, so i won't like to really see SM remove this possibilty.. but your removing the way i play the game right now.. and it's in its advanced changes.. Don't take risks like this.. thats all i'll say.

or is the way i manage my teams wrong? tell me.. someone tell me.

KEV AND JIMMY, good posts lads, stupit thats **** luck bud.

SM YOU REALISE that if 1 person is losing courtois and vidic, that ALL other good/managed teams are also losing such players, WAKE up ***..

Make some changes, you need a rethink imo, i dont know what your plans are etc, i don't work at SM hq but iv'e been playing this game long enough to realise that this is not good or logical way to fix an "exterior" problim.. unused players/too many players etc...

those losing 79 or under players even 82 etc is because their age is prob like 22+, in top teams this is justified IMO but not if its happening on weakers teams/more competitve setups etc different rules for different clubs... perhaps, my drogheda in gc is not the same as my barce in gc.

i have zoet as my best gk he's level 2 but he started getting unhappy long time ago, this is because he's my best gk, even with an on loan gk in my team rated 89.. for me this is not a problim but it just shows that player concerns are rated vs your top players, so a 90 rated like pastore is rated with iniesta.. he see's this as a problim and wants to leave that club unless ineista is sold.. player potential is not recognaised by SM nor the way or how long ago u brought pastore to the club etc..

Sentimental value should stand for something not least having my favourite players in real life on my SM Team.

As it stands, SM Fail

at very least if this policy continues i feel personly you must tell us why you see this as beneficial to your game.. if its a gaming choice, if it's not a gaming choice then stay quiet ;)

Anybody written to the DEV's yet?

They seem to be the only human interface on the forum able to clarify or at least hear out the concerns bought forward. Maybe if multiple persons PM them the situation may be addressed.

Anybody written to the DEV's yet?

They seem to be the only human interface on the forum able to clarify or at least hear out the concerns bought forward. Maybe if multiple persons PM them the situation may be addressed.

I sent a message to one of the Dev's well over a week ago now, no answer.

maybe the others who have stated their concerns need to do the same-sort of like a petition?

I think you may be right. It appears that the Dev who I sent the PM to has since signed in and ignored my attempt at entering into dialogue about player concerns.

If anyone else wants to raise their concerns' date=' feel free to do so @ SMDevJohn & SMDevSte

I think you may be right. It appears that the Dev who I sent the PM to has since signed in and ignored my attempt at entering into dialogue about player concerns.

If anyone else wants to raise their concerns' date=' feel free to do so @ SMDevJohn & SMDevSte

yeah had the same response to another question some time back..

The weird thing is the way to beat the system............

is to continually buy and sell players like a stock exchange like what gamers do when their 13 or 14...get bored of a player very quickly want a different one/new fads often.

Sell concerns disappear. buy concerns disappear. In a strong world this would mean a lot more bartering

In a weak world(most worlds btw) this would mean sell him to external/buy him back/sell him again to external/buy him back.

Not only would this be annoying but both consequences would make Soccermanager more unreal(istic).:)

"Machine"' date=' some of your asinine comments to an issue that is clearly frustrating so many established SM members is pretty deplorable.[/quote']

"KevPC1", for asinine don't you mean sanguine? ;)

I would love for you to expand as to how my behaviour on this thread has in any way been deplorable? :mad:

Unlike yourself I have been perfectly respectful towards fellow forumers - I may not agree with most people on this thread but I'm pretty sure if I'd done anything "deplorable" I'd have (quite rightly) received an infraction and - let me just check - hmmm I haven't! :o

Quoting statistics of registered or active forumers in relation to people posting on this thread to quantify your argument does not validate your opinion either.

My reason for rolling out stats was solely in response to someone stating that the majority had a problem with player concerns :rolleyes:

The truth is whichever way you slice it there is no evidence that the majority (which is what was said) have a problem - the poll that was referred to (link for those who have missed it: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=121218) has been open now for over a week (almost 9 days) and after the initial voting has slowed to a grand total of 85 who have bothered to click to say that they are unhappy, which tells me quite a lot.

Of course, it's entirely possible that in the last week only 169 of the 49,000 possible forumers have been on-line in which case I take it all back as yes then the majority of forumers will then have indicated unhappiness :P

I'm pretty sure if a simple poll was mandatory on log in for all SM members asking whether the existing method of player concerns was improving or lessening their gaming experience you would find that "the majority" would disapprove of the way it currently operates.

I have at least offered statistics suggesting that it is more likely than not that I am correct in my assertion, however according to you statistics do not "validate" my opinion, and yet your opinion I suppose is somehow valid with nothing to back it up except a monumental guess?

Yes, I can see how that would work :rolleyes:

If SM does have ambition to live up to their mission statement and be more realistic then surely a forced sale at level 5 is inappropriate; want-away players under contract don't always get their desired transfer because there is no obligation for a club to sell. The only feasible option if player concerns is to be a part of SM would be to develop the contract negotiations and if a player has grave concerns then they would not sign.

As was pointed out to me; players who are under contract but want to move always get the move eventually provided a club meets the asking price set by the Chairman/ board.

This is perfectly mirrored in SM as when the player requests a transfer the club will not sell for any less than the asking price determined by the Chairman, and if the player is valuable in the gameworld then chances are they'll sell for way over the Chairman valuation.

A big part of the game for many people including myself is finding young talents and seeing their ratings increase over time, for these players to then develop concerns when they aren't as good as the first team yet is a bit of a kick in the nuts :mad:

So you sign a 18-year-old talent, the talent improves steadily over time which is presumably what you want, and then shock horror they have the audacity to knock the door one day and say that they want to play football? What exactly did you expect would happen?

That the player would just sit silently on the bench their entire career because at some point you may or may not deem them worthy of first team football?

Surely if the player has improved to the extent that they feel they are at a stage in their careers that they want to play regular football then that is your cue, as the Manager, to then manage your squad and make the call as to whether the kid is worth keeping around (in which case try and keep him happy) or not (sell him).

It's a weird thing because in real-life football when young players break through and get more playing time believe it or not it's not always because they're a Beckham or a Messi or a Neymar and are better than the existing 1st XI - sometimes it's simply to give them experience and keep them happy by feeling involved.

A player is concerned as he is:

Concerned about his lack of games
- nowhere does this say he expects to play ahead of superior-rated players, he is simply saying he has reached the stage where he wants to play more games so obviously if that is not possible for your team then it needs to be elsewhere.

TO ALL: What I will say on this is that I entirely AGREE with those of you who are hacked off by getting concerns while players are injured or as a result of lack of games for their previous teams - those scenarios sound buggy to me and SM should definitely be looking at that aspect of the concerns.

But as for the normal "accelerated concerns" I think given time some people will change their minds - probably once they've snapped up their first promising talent from one of their rivals who failed to manage the player properly! :D

A player is concerned as he is: - nowhere does this say he expects to play ahead of superior-rated players' date=' he is simply saying he has reached the stage where he wants to play more games so obviously if that is not possible for your team then it needs to be elsewhere. [/quote']

Yes, having to drop villa so much to play say (neymar/balotelli) is removing trying to get the best players for your team, that's surely one of the points of the game and any new person that's registerd on SM, thats why people here along time have build their teams etc, but now everyone's top youngsters are being taken away.. keeping them only means having the same"ish" first XI avg. as alot of other "previously weaker teams" or if you had to sell villa or ibra then your at a stupit/illogical disadvantage to avoid this you play villa ibra all the time but then neymar balotelli will leave and they will go to your rivals.. ultimatly this means in the future THERE team NOT MINE Is stronger.. not because they better managers but because SM have implemented this ****** system. it's retarded/illogical.. which means either now or in future your at a disadvantage EVEN if your the "best" "manager" in the GW/Game.

neymar balotelli go, my backup will be 88-, however if they rise to 89/90 in the next 2 years, what age is ibra/villa (they both top players at top teams) then i wont be able to keep them either.. eventually logic dictates when villa and ibra get old and go down my new players won't likly be rated 91 or even 92, prob 90 if lucky or 89. but i wont be able to shift ibra/villa as my replacements are not good enough so over a longer & longer period my team gets weaker & older (aswell as him losing his top youths not long previously perhaps)

long term manager losses interest & rage quits when one week ibra goes from 93/91 and the week after villa goes from 93/90 (say frozen from barce team/eventually happen all top players at top teams) his team is not good anymore now we have a real problim.

But as for the normal "accelerated concerns" I think given time some people will change their minds - probably once they've snapped up their first promising talent from one of their rivals who failed to manage the player properly! :D

^ the above statement is exactly what im getting at' date=' you said it. how can you :D at that.. surly you realise this is fact on SM now? do you want a game like that were you cant be the best in your GW if your the best manager in your GW? i don't.

NEW SETUPs ARE MADE EVERYDAY, if you want challange then go into old setup and prove yourself, not just by picking 1 lucky formation but by building a team.

[b']SM'S current system has an expiry date on all good/well managed teams.. i warned you. Is there a point of playing with the game structured this way?[/b]

Personally I resent your accusation that I will be losing players because I "failed to manage them properly". The reality is that SM have changed the rules of the game without consulting their customer base. That is what most of us on this thread are unhappy about.

I hope you enjoy cherry-picking the fruits of other people's labours. I can assure you that I won't "change my mind" because I have no intention of sticking around to play a game that I didn't sign up for.

SM doesn't appear to be very good at keeping players informed about changes, or asking whether they want any changes in the first place.

Maybe SM isn't a BIG company but a few individuals with a few others doing update stuff so they just haven't got enough time.

Maybe it would be a good idea if SM had a big survey on their game and its features aimed at the Gold Managers (they pay the bills), then they'd know what we want and don't want.

There isn't too much wrong with the game, it just needs some rough edges smoothing out.

Come on SM, let's talk.

My reported bug has been upgraded to 'actual bug' status.

Still awaiting an actual reply from SM (though I don't expect an explanation of just how correct I am...just an acknowledgement that they are working on the issue)...but for now I remain hopeful.

neymar balotelli go' date=' my backup will be 88-, however if they rise to 89/90 in the next 2 years, what age is ibra/villa (they both top players at top teams) then i wont be able to keep them either.. eventually logic dictates when villa and ibra get old and go down my new players won't likly be rated 91 or even 92, prob 90 if lucky or 89. but i wont be able to shift ibra/villa as my replacements are not good enough so over a longer & longer period my team gets weaker & older (aswell as him losing his top youths not long previously perhaps)

long term manager losses interest & rage quits when one week ibra goes from 93/91 and the week after villa goes from 93/90 (say frozen from barce team/eventually happen all top players at top teams) his team is not good anymore now we have a real problim.[/quote']

I'd say it is incredibly reasonable for a player who is starting in real life (a la Neymar) not be excited to be on the bench.

It adds a bit of managing to the game (you have to keep your young talents happy...AND manage the timing of the switch between great players and their eventual replacements. It's somewhat realistic.

And you CAN win things without having your squad average be 95. I am renowned in my setup for winning Division 1 WITHOUT resorting to stacking the team. Last season I finished first or second in every competition by having a deep team of 91s and 90s...with only a few players above 92.

Concerns has been a decent addition to the game, and allows a more balanced distribution of talents than the situation before.

What is concerning right now is that the system does not seem to be working properly (as designed), rather than that the system exists at all.