Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

And you CAN win things without having your squad average be 95. I am renowned in my setup for winning Division 1 WITHOUT resorting to stacking the team. Last season I finished first or second in every competition by having a deep team of 91s and 90s...with only a few players above 92.

And I am renowned in most of my setups for signing talented young players which I am willing to loan out until they can be integrated into my very youthful teams. Except that I am not going to be able to do that anymore as a result of the recent changes.

Likewise you're not going to be able to have "a deep team of 91s and 90s" in the future because most of them will have to be sold as a result of developing concerns - so you'll just be left with a rump team of about 16 players and a bunch of kids. Good luck with competing in every competition with a squad like that.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Personally I resent your accusation that I will be losing players because I "failed to manage them properly". The reality is that SM have changed the rules of the game without consulting their customer base. That is what most of us on this thread are unhappy about.

I hope you enjoy cherry-picking the fruits of other people's labours. I can assure you that I won't "change my mind" because I have no intention of sticking around to play a game that I didn't sign up for.

Jimmy can I ask how many players you personally have lost so far due to the change of rules you guys are experiencing?

And I am renowned in most of my setups for signing talented young players which I am willing to loan out until they can be integrated into my very youthful teams. Except that I am not going to be able to do that anymore as a result of the recent changes.

Likewise you're not going to be able to have "a deep team of 91s and 90s" in the future because most of them will have to be sold as a result of developing concerns - so you'll just be left with a rump team of about 16 players and a bunch of kids. Good luck with competing in every competition with a squad like that.

in my set up ive a youth squad of 160 with no concerns when about 155 of them have never played a single game, im pretty sure youths only get concern when they are rated close enough to the first team.

So, you'll just have to make do with fewer kids.

My current squad distribution:

22 first team players (1 GK, 8 Def, 9 Mid, and 4 attackers)

1 - 96

1 - 95

5 - 93

8 - 91

6 - 90

1 - 89

I have a small youth team (also 22 players) whom I pull from occasionally for cup and division games when the first team guys are injured or banned.

2 - 89

4 - 88

2 - 87

2 - 86

2 - 85

3 - 84

3 - 83

3 - 82

1 - 75

I see no reason to exceed this number <50 players, ever. My youth players that are close to the top of the ability scale get games because my 'first team' is so small. My management of the numbers of positions in the first team (1 - 8 - 9 - 4) mean I can play a multitude of formations while still maintaining a decent amount of depth.

As long as SM continues with the FAQ stated rules on concerns over playing time (injury time not counted, ALL competitive games counted)...then I don't really have to adjust much because their is plenty of playing time for all. In fact, if I am not successfull enough (not enough cup games), then my back benchers might get unhappy...but, I may make a judicious transfer occasionally, and so this never becomes an 'armageddon' like situation.

How many players do you have Jimmy?

Ian you just don't get it, you even quoted me and you still don't get the point of my posts.

Not much else i can say here tbh, il only be repeating myself, ive said what ive said, its there for anyone who logs onto SM in a couple months and see's me predicting the eventuality with this system in place.

This is not real life stop sying neymar would get his game in real life etc its neither here nor there he's rated 90 on SM and SM is structured differently than real life.

i feel sorry for anyone with buffon/courtois or similar and must make a horrible decision, tbh whoever sell buffon will prob just quit the game eventually, if sell courtois then when buffon drops/retires in few years, they have no TOP backup and will quit.

Tactics are basic, there is no top/noob level its just whatever, now sqauds are being levelled out between 15 odd managers in GW'S.. no point

Ian you just don't get it' date=' you even quoted me and you still don't get the point of my posts.

Not much else i can say here tbh, il only be repeating myself.[/quote']

Unfortunately, I DO get it...I just have a different definition of 'good management' than you do.

You want to hold onto your best players until after the ratings decrease occurs before replacing them with the youngsters.

I say that this is a fantasy soccer game. You need to take some risks. If you hold onto Ibrahimovic, you are going to have to lose out on holding onto a youngster like Neymar. (In real life, Neymar wouldn't even come to a team with a stacked set of forwards already in place...which is why he is still in Brazil!)

I say that you make a managing decision. In my case, I sold Lucio once it became apparent that he was going to decline (BEFORE he declined), and replaced him with defenders who are not yet his skill set, but will be 'soon.'

I will have to replace Puyol (probably at the end of this season) for the same reasons. Yes, my team's average rating at the end of the day will go down, but not significantly, and I will likely not see a significant decrease in team performance.

You seem to believe that the essence of good management is player hoarding. The concerns system was DESIGNED to prevent you from player hoarding, and to push you towards a more risk based approach to man-management.

It is not that I 'don't understand.' It is that I want a different game than you do.

meh i give up.

you sell ibra aged only 31 rated 96, and buffon rated 94 for courtois & all the other posistions you do the same..

work out the logics of the situation, this is a game it's about building the best team possible now/future, but good managers are screwd either now or in the future.

SM seems to think that people leave setups or dont join setups because they can't get good players, trust me every day i see good teams have manager just leave even if falcao etc etc is in the team, noobs will still leave teams, this won't change anytin.

SM only wants more playing field, but the way it is now either you lose out by having to sell buffon, or in the future you lost out.

its that simple, this is happening.

tbh looking at the game critically, the tactics are about as even as anytin, sqauds in standards are leveling, therfore from my perspective the point of being in them is limited to mere fun, with fun only meaning eventually an undedicated manager will just leave when results are win one week lose the next win one week lose next because besides the top few teams all squads are the same, regardless if your new to setup or their a year or something.

YOU TALK ABOUT RISK MANAGEMENT, how will you mange having buffon/de courtois (your only 2 GK'S) in your team? by having no future (promising) backup GK While your rival has him or by being stupit and selling buffon to your rival now?

you accuse me of HOARDING the reality is alot different, its not about numbers, its about players getting unhappy rated 88/90, its about your top future youngsters leaving or having to sell villa etc now, it doesent matter if i have 22 players or 200 players..... or 2 gk's or 20 gk's, courtois still wants out.

ya so, you dont get it.

Jimmy can I ask how many players you personally have lost so far due to the change of rules you guys are experiencing?

Under the old system of concerns I only lost one player on a forced transfer but sold perhaps a couple of dozen, spread over 12 clubs, to avoid them being sold on forced transfers. Although most of those transfers related to four teams.

Under the new system I have already lost two but considering the fact that more than 150 players have escalated two levels in less than six weeks that will rise dramatically.

in my set up ive a youth squad of 160 with no concerns when about 155 of them have never played a single game' date=' im pretty sure youths only get concern when they are rated close enough to the first team.[/quote']

Most youth players aren't an issue until they reach a rating of 88. The problem is that now they are considered too good to loan out and will develop concerns if they do not play a quota of games. Personally I think it is wrong that players who are in the youth team should develop concerns unless they are rated as highly as first team players.

meh i give up.

you sell ibra aged only 31 rated 96' date=' and buffon rated 94 for courtois & all the other posistions you do the same..

work out the logics of the situation, this is a game it's about building the best team possible now/future, but good managers are screwd either now or in the future.

SM seems to think that people leave setups or dont join setups because they can't get good players, trust me every day i see good teams have manager just leave even if falcao etc etc is in the team, noobs will still leave teams, this won't change anytin.

SM only wants more playing field, but the way it is now either you lose out by having to sell buffon, or in the future you lost out.

tbh looking at the game critically, the tactics are about as even as anytin, sqauds in standards are leveling, therfore from my perspective the point of being in them is limited to mere fun, with fun only meaning eventually an undedicated manager will just leave when results are win one week lose the next win one week lose next because besides the top few teams all squads are the same, regardless if your new to setup or their a year or something.

YOU TALK ABOUT RISK MANAGEMENT, how will you mange having buffon/de courtois (your only 2 GK'S) in your team? by having no future (promising) backup GK While your rival has him or by being stupit and selling buffon to your rival now?

[b']

you accuse me of HOARDING the reality is alot different, its not about numbers, its about players getting unhappy rated 88/90, its about your top future youngsters leaving or having to sell villa etc now, it doesent matter if i have 22 players or 200 players..... or 2 gk's or 20 gk's, courtois still wants out.[/b]

ya so, you dont get it.

its pretty simple to understand, this game has changed. gone are the days of having every top player in the game, it has become more realistic. similar to fifa and football manager if players dont play they move if you dont like that im afraid this isnt the game for you anymore.

as for selling courtois to your rival unless he is already fielding a gk rated less than 88 he will be in the same boat as you and he will have to sell him eventually or either he will go to a club that actually needs him in which case you could juggle his concern by loaning him until his lack of games concern disappears then recall him once his loan out concern reaches 4. so if your in the first type of gameworld (emptyish) there will be more than enough good keepers to go around if everyone can only keep one top keeper happy.

So' date=' you'll just have to make do with fewer kids.

My current squad distribution:

22 first team players (1 GK, 8 Def, 9 Mid, and 4 attackers)

1 - 96

1 - 95

5 - 93

8 - 91

6 - 90

1 - 89

I have a small youth team (also 22 players) whom I pull from occasionally for cup and division games when the first team guys are injured or banned.

2 - 89

4 - 88

2 - 87

2 - 86

2 - 85

3 - 84

3 - 83

3 - 82

1 - 75

I see no reason to exceed this number <50 players, ever. My youth players that are close to the top of the ability scale get games because my 'first team' is so small. My management of the numbers of positions in the first team (1 - 8 - 9 - 4) mean I can play a multitude of formations while still maintaining a decent amount of depth.

As long as SM continues with the FAQ stated rules on concerns over playing time (injury time not counted, ALL competitive games counted)...then I don't really have to adjust much because their is plenty of playing time for all. In fact, if I am not successfull enough (not enough cup games), then my back benchers might get unhappy...but, I may make a judicious transfer occasionally, and so this never becomes an 'armageddon' like situation.

How many players do you have Jimmy?[/quote']

As to the number of players I have: that would vary depending on the team but with the five most problematic setups (from a concerns perspective) it would probably be in the region of 200. However, as I point out in an above post, that is not particularly relevant as between 150 - 160 of those are rated under 88.

As an example: my Roma team have 43 players rated between 88 - 95 with an average first team rating of 92 -93. 35 of those 43 now have concerns (24 at level 2, 3 at level 3 and 1 at level 4).

I have rotated my squad as continously as possible to manage their concerns but I'm now at the point where several of my highest rated players now have level 1 concerns and you don't need a masters degree in applied mathematics to see that, at the current rate of escalation, if the strongest players are not played continuously from here on in they will develop concerns beyond the point of no return. Ergo I estimate that in the coming months I will lose around 75% of the remaining squad players. The net result is that I will be left with around 21 players + a youth team that includes a number of 86 - 87 prospects to conduct a campaign comprising the league, champions league and two cup competitions.

In your example I estimate that in the next six months you will lose approximately 25% of the 28 players currently rated between 88 -96. Do you really think you will remain as competitive this time next season as you are now?

Ya sell courtois then in 2 years when he rises and buffon retires/drops (assuming) courtois rated 93 in your rival noob team (with 10 managers since), and you have if your lucky a 89/90 gk as 1st choice

it's no longer a game of skill, it's less so.. It's a game but now it's not a game really.. its take over any team and have great squad instantly either by buing buffon or pastores etc for now/future while the person who lose pastore has no TOP youngsters at the becken call or whos rivals have buffon sold to them now.

i'm stoping now, i don't need to repeat myself for the next 2 months like the last 2.

its pretty simple to understand' date=' this game has changed. gone are the days of having every top player in the game, it has become more realistic. similar to fifa and football manager if players dont play they move if you dont like that im afraid this isnt the game for you anymore.

Yeah, it's pretty simple to understand, SM have changed the rules of the game without prior consultation with their customer base. Fair enough if that is what the majority want but we don't know that - BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T ASK! What is worse they lied and said nothing had changed when it is clear to everyone by now that it has. You're right, this probably isn't the game for me anymore.

as for selling courtois to your rival unless he is already fielding a gk rated less than 88 he will be in the same boat as you and he will have to sell him eventually or either he will go to a club that actually needs him in which case you could juggle his concern by loaning him until his lack of games concern disappears then recall him once his loan out concern reaches 4. so if your in the first type of gameworld (emptyish) there will be more than enough good keepers to go around if everyone can only keep one top keeper happy.

This is all a nonsense! Maybe it would help if SM got round to rating players as frequently as they change their concerns - Courtois should already have been uprated to 90 by now with what he has already achieved. The reality is that he'll probably be stuck on his current rating for another six months - plenty of time for him to zip through the concerns and be auto transferred. What a joke,

One thing that has needed fixing in SM, above all else, is the fact that the same goalkeeper can play every match, in every competition, without ever losing fitness or getting injured. As for juggling loan out concerns and lack of game concerns - don't get me started!

With regard to playing in "emptyish" gameworlds - what's the point? Although the way things are going that might soon be the norm.

Response in red.

meh i give up.

you sell ibra aged only 31 rated 96' date=' and buffon rated 94 for courtois & all the other posistions you do the same..

[b']

you accuse me of HOARDING the reality is alot different, its not about numbers, its about players getting unhappy rated 88/90, its about your top future youngsters leaving or having to sell villa etc now, it doesent matter if i have 22 players or 200 players..... or 2 gk's or 20 gk's, courtois still wants out.[/b]

ya so, you dont get it.

If Courois wants out, and Casillas is still going strong, then I sell Courtois, and look for the next young upcoming keeper, in much the same way as I snagged Courtois. The timing of Courtois to replace Casillas obviously didn't work. However, I am still up the +10 or so Courtois has risen while with me...and he is a great bargaining chip with which to negotiate a good deal with.

I'm not accusing you of hoarding (yet) as you haven't posted enough details about your squads to make that distinction sure. But your idea of the game, where youngsters, once bought, are kept until they actually replace your starters, is, in my view, inordinantly rigid.

Courtois has increased significantly in value (both in game terms and in bartering terms) over the last year or so...you are saying this isn't enough? You have to have him to play as well? And that you aren't going to play him until his rating reaches the point where he is the undisputed starter?

That's not how it works in real life, and that is not how I want it to work in SM.

That's the point. You want a different game than I want.

As to tactics, if you believe they are all the same, and that it is random...you make my point completely.

If your average team rating on any given Sunday is over 93, you should be contending for or winning in all competitions. If you are not...your tactical nous is...lacking.

In your example I estimate that in the next six months you will lose approximately 25% of the 28 players currently rated between 88 -96. Do you really think you will remain as competitive this time next season as you are now?

If the concerns were working as detailed in the concerns FAQ' date=' than we should not be seeing 'not enough playing time' amongst are star players.

This is why I reported the bug (at least I believe it to be a bug) to SM...and so far, SM has not yet shot me down.

It seems to me that there is a calculation error there somewhere. Nasri and Fabregas, etc. should not be developing concerns when they are playing >70% of all games they are theoretically fit for.

The effects of this calculation error probably are systematic, and affect the lower rated players (this is where symptoms of the problem first show up)...but the proof that something is wrong can be found in the statistics of 'star' players developing concerns despite their being played as often as possible.

Something is broken. [b']If SM comes back and says this is WAD, then I would most certainly be with our friend Shelbourne in decrying the change...especially so since they kept the FAQs the same.[/b]

However, for the moment I am willing to give SM the benefit of the doubt.

Something is broken. If SM comes back and says this is WAD' date=' then I would most certainly be with our friend Shelbourne in decrying the change...especially so since they kept the FAQs the same.[/b']

I wish you every success in addressing the issue mate. However I don't hold out as much confidence as you that anything will change.

Maybe if players only decided to stay at a club (when they need a new contract) if they'd played in at least 75% of the available games for 90+ raters it would help move the top players around a bit and clubs would have to either play em or lose em and not just hoard em.

Maybe this 75% thing could be applied to all 90+ raters at the end of each season regardless of whether they need a new contract or not.

If the concerns were working as detailed in the concerns FAQ' date=' than we should not be seeing 'not enough playing time' amongst are star players.

This is why I reported the bug (at least I believe it to be a bug) to SM...and so far, SM has not yet shot me down.

It seems to me that there is a calculation error there somewhere. Nasri and Fabregas, etc. should not be developing concerns when they are playing >70% of all games they are theoretically fit for.

[b']The effects of this calculation error probably are systematic[/b], and affect the lower rated players (this is where symptoms of the problem first show up)...but the proof that something is wrong can be found in the statistics of 'star' players developing concerns despite their being played as often as possible.

Something is broken. If SM comes back and says this is WAD, then I would most certainly be with our friend Shelbourne in decrying the change...especially so since they kept the FAQs the same.

The whole concerns system is one big systematic problem, the very fact that Courtios is getting lack of game concerns over Buffon, just goes to show it doesn't matter who you have as backup, the backup will always get concerns, eg. you have Dani Alves as RB (95) and Aurier as RB backup (86), Aurier is the 2nd most important RB he is going to want games, but if you have say Dani Alves (95), Iraola (90) and Aurier (86), Aurier will be content to sit and wait and Iraola will get concerns.

SM wont come out and admit that they've changed the concerns, they say they 'fixed some loopholes' aka 'changed' some loopholes, it's evident considering for the last 18 months or so, 90+ players were the only ones truly affected by concerns, since the 'fixed loopholes' we are now seeing 89, 88, 87 rated players being affected within squads of 90+ rated players, to deny that something has changed borders on insulting.

Response in red.

If courtois being rated 90 would make a difference. Would you not juggle loan concerns and lack of games concerns for the six months until he does get 90? I know its not ideal but its better than selling him.

As for the goalkeepers never getting injured I agree but it should be fairly rare. I also think it would be better if youths didnt get loan out concerns.(or lack of game concerns for youths under 90)

It is not always the big teams whit 60-100 or 200 players whit concerns, even the small team have concerns, i don't buy the 90+ players in my porto's team's there my back-up are from 75 to 88 from the orginal team's ...and in these the second /third in line have concerns.

even if that player only a 78 like kondogbia now 83 but second in dm

see also all my injuried players in all my teams even if the have play all the game's before the where injuried the have concerns when the are back after there injuried...think if that happed in all my team's than it will happed whit more managers too.

all these discussions are well and good but if nothing is being done on SM's side to rectify these issues that all these time spent here and in the game has just come to naught for many of us here.

Regards,

roy

If this is a way to tackle 100+ player teams with 40-50 over 87 or 88, I am up for it (even if I own a few of those teams, since I was allowed to by the rules).

But I saw that that affects 22 player teams and youth teams as well, and I think that could be a bit of a disaster for the game.

Some examples shown in this topic are really frightening.

I can add this one: my second LB, playing 33% of the matches against the 66% of my best LB, is Jetro Willems and after just one season he grew a lack of game concerns despite being only 84 and 18 years old!

Weren't player concerns bought in to reduce hoarding and increase realism?

Does anyone think it's realistic that Courtois would develop loan concerns? That he'd be unhappy not being first choice kepper to a player rated 4 better than him? If you do then look at real life!

Concerns have (IMO) always been a bit too harsh, even if I haven't been forced to sell anyone yet because of it I still find it a joke. Half my squad develop a concern at once so I just play them....then the other half develop a concern...It'd rediculous! I have left a Barcelona side as around 15 of the 25man squad got concerns (the other 10 that didn't included around 4 recently bought players) including the two LBs I started with (names escape me) who are battling it out at Barca in real life without throwing a hissy fit and demanding to leave, there was no way I could get all the players concerns down so what's the point in sticking around!?

Funny you never see concerns at unmanaged teams with good squads. OK thats a bit tongue in cheek but ya get what I'm saying.

Funny you never see concerns at unmanaged teams with good squads. OK thats a bit tongue in cheek but ya get what I'm saying.

Well said. It appears to be a stick to only beat the game players with. The idea was good but like Communism it just doesn't work that well in reality.

If the game wants us to play our top players for 70% of the games (or concerns kick in) then it should give us a chart/graph showing who's played in the last 10 matches, I mean who's really got the time to check and keep a check on these things?

Match Fixing is intentionally fielding a weakened team to help the opposition win the game.

Match fixing is real hard to prove. I also like to rest players in some games as happens in real life, this isn't cheating as we need to rest players and make sure others get their quota of game time to help avoid the dreaded player concerns.

I've seen several occasions of SM managed teams playing players out of position in games, including goalkeepers playing outfield. :rolleyes: