Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

I'm sorry for singling you out but no one else seems to have said what Game World they're in. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but I think it it because if they did then they'd be shot down!

For example let's look at Roma in WC 87:

If you have Joe Hart as your No1' date=' then why do you need all 4 of Dsvid de Gea, Wojciech Szczesny, Thinaut Courtois and Ron-Robert Zieler? I need a keeper at my Sampdoria as my No1 is Ulrich Rame and I've money to burn as I've go over 250M. All of these keepers would improve my side but all bar one are set as "unavailable". Do you really need them more than me? Could you make one available so that I can start to build my Sampdoria? If the answer is no, then could I possibly buy Bernd Leno?[/font']

I'm also in need of a decent LB as I've currently got Gianluigi Bianco and Pietro Accardi. Would you sell me either Luis Filipe, Alex Sandro, Davide Santon or Serge Aurier for cash as surely you don't need them as you have Marcelo and Jordi Alba?

My fowards aren't any good either and I need to strengthen that area to. I see that you have Edinson Cavani, Giuseppe Rossi, Radamel Falcao, Alvaro Negredo and Danny Welbeck. Due to this would you sell me either Daniel Sturridge, Jimmy Briand, Bas Dost, Fabio Borini, Welliton, Stephan El Shaarawy, Maicon or Yildrim for cash as surely you don't need them?

I think the last position that I need to strengthen is my central midfield (with someone who can play either CM or DM). Could I purchase either Oriol Romeu, Tom Cleverley, Nicolas N'Koulou, Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshere, Cristian Eriksen, Thiago, Sandro or Phil Jones for cash as you surely don't need them as you already have Ever Banega, Yoann Gorcuff, Fernando, Darren Fletcher, Nuri Sahin, Artuo Vidal, Yann M'Vila and Sami Khedira?

Actually I've haut resigned from your Game World as I've already had several offers turned down by managers with similar squads. Anyone else see mangers joining their Game World ad then leaving within a short space of time? Could be due to this or I suppose another reason.

Could this be one of the reasons why concerns are in place? I would class the above squad as player hogging and surely as a manager you now have to decide who to sell and who to keep. Make an informed choice of which of your players will cut it and be the next [insert name] and which will just be another average player.

I'll apologise again for using your squad but Is this the reason (as I mentioned earlier) why people have forgotten to say which Game World they're in or even post a link to their squad?

Not every new manager behaves like that though. In the last week about 10 new managers have joined my main league (World Championship 1938 - Ajax). One of them started talking to me and wanted RVP for 30m. When I said no, he wanted Schweinsteiger for 30m. Both of those are my first choice players (in rotation with equal rated players - Busquets, Benzema and Aguero). This is what a lot of new managers do. They try to sign the highest rated players for low values and if they can't buy anybody 94+ then they leave.

In your examples you show that team wanting players around 89 standard rating. My squad is very similar with most of the top youth talent and people would like to have Eriksen, Wilshere etc etc... If anybody said to me they wanted Eriksen, I would say no unless they offer me somebody good back, even though Eriksen is nowhere near my first team (Ozil + Silva are the best AMs). But this is not 'robbing' these new guys, as I checked my league and these other 89 AMs are available:

Toivonen, Dembele, Giovinco, Bruno Cesar, Conca, Dzagoev, Herrera, Honda and some others as well.

I haven't bullied, cheated, or robbed other managers for their youth players and everybody could have done what I have, but I shouldn't have to then sell Eriksen because another manager wants him/needs him more than me. Eriksen is about 10th choice AM for me, but in the future he could be my 1st choice and I bought him at 75 so it's not like I've just seen him hit 89 and be linked with Manchester United and thought "i'd better sign him now!"

I'm not against concerns and I don't mind sharing players (to all these new managers I've sold: Cech, Rami, Sagna, Rafael, Rodwell, Dede, Sakho, Sturridge and Ramires will probably be next) But there is a difference between spotting talent and just buying them through concerns. Youth players should not develop concerns unless they are rated within 2 of the first XI. As my XI is usually 93 I disagree that Courtois, Eriksen, Jones, Shaqiri are all wanting lots games when they aren't good enough yet.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Quick update on my 'bug' regarding the 19/83 getting concerns for not playing.. I got auto responsed :(

Since then I have had Edin Dzeko go from a level 1 to a level 2 concern regarding not being played despite being involved with at some point in 42 out 52 games in all competitions I've played with my Man City team. Yup hardly what I'd call not playing :eek:

I now have 4 or so bugs listed' date=' asking for responses as to why some players are going up in concern levels when they dont fit any 'known' criteria for it. I'm a Gold Manager, and out of those Bugs, at least 3 are over 72 hours old.

I'm all for sharing the wealth and whatnot, but when it is affecting players who are 1st choice, actual youth players who are no where near the first team in smaller squads ( 30 players or less), or are playing over this randomer 75% rule, then there are issues

It's not going well is it?[/quote']

Im still waiting to see what happens on a bug related to concerns I created 14 days ago so 72 hours isnt very long.

Response in red.

Yes, you may have purchased those players when they first came onto the database or when they started getting more attention but the fact remains you don't need half of them and you could easily sell them and still be competitive within your game world.

You still haven't given a good reason (apart from I bought them when they were added / low rated) of why you still have 5 quality keepers in your squad or numerous quality players for each position?

Do you really need that many players as you can't play them all and not all of the younger players will turn into the next big thing?

Anyone can easily look at your squad and come to two conclusions:

1. I'm not surprised you've got lots of concerns.

2. He's player hogging.

You've got to make choices now concerns are here. Do you really need Darren Fletcher when you've got some very good youngsters coming through? These are the choices you have to make and part of this game is to make these choices.

Not every new manager behaves like that though. In the last week about 10 new managers have joined my main league (World Championship 1938 - Ajax). One of them started talking to me and wanted RVP for 30m. When I said no' date=' he wanted Schweinsteiger for 30m. Both of those are my first choice players (in rotation with equal rated players - Busquets, Benzema and Aguero). This is what a lot of new managers do. They try to sign the highest rated players for low values and if they can't buy anybody 94+ then they leave.

In your examples you show that team wanting players around 89 standard rating. My squad is very similar with most of the top youth talent and people would like to have Eriksen, Wilshere etc etc... If anybody said to me they wanted Eriksen, I would say no unless they offer me somebody good back, even though Eriksen is nowhere near my first team (Ozil + Silva are the best AMs). But this is not 'robbing' these new guys, as I checked my league and these other 89 AMs are available:

Toivonen, Dembele, Giovinco, Bruno Cesar, Conca, Dzagoev, Herrera, Honda and some others as well.

I haven't bullied, cheated, or robbed other managers for their youth players and everybody could have done what I have, but I shouldn't have to then sell Eriksen because another manager wants him/needs him more than me. Eriksen is about 10th choice AM for me, but in the future he could be my 1st choice and I bought him at 75 so it's not like I've just seen him hit 89 and be linked with Manchester United and thought "i'd better sign him now!"

I'm not against concerns and I don't mind sharing players (to all these new managers I've sold: Cech, Rami, Sagna, Rafael, Rodwell, Dede, Sakho, Sturridge and Ramires will probably be next) But there is a difference between spotting talent and just buying them through concerns. Youth players should not develop concerns unless they are rated within 2 of the first XI. As my XI is usually 93 I disagree that Courtois, Eriksen, Jones, Shaqiri are all wanting lots games when they aren't good enough yet.[/quote']

I would hardly call Courtois, Eriksen, Jones, Shaqiri etc "youth players" as they are good enough to get in a lot of top flight teams or are you referring to them as "youth players" due to their age?

I would hardly call Courtois' date=' Eriksen, Jones, Shaqiri etc "youth players" as they are good enough to get in a lot of top flight teams or are you referring to them as "[b']youth[/b] players" due to their age?

Which seems more logical? :rolleyes:

I would hardly call Courtois' date=' Eriksen, Jones, Shaqiri etc "youth players" as they are good enough to get in a lot of top flight teams or are you referring to them as "youth players" due to their age?[/quote']

In age yes. When you say 'top flight' do you mean real life or SM? WC1938 has never been overly competitive and for youth it's usually just me and my mate that would go for someone like Eriksen etc when they were rated lower. I've had Gotze since 75 and Hazard since 84 and the only time i've had bids on them is once they went past 90 (no minimum fees or unavailability) so on here they aren't wanted that much for starting XIs on here (at least not until they go past 90).

If you mean real life then I agree with that but in real life managers don't say, "right, Shaqiri you're only 89, and Robben is 94 so i'll play him". They have much more information to base decisions on like that and player abilities aren't statistical and so open to interpretation. The match engine on here goes more on ratings (except unmanaged teams that win regardless of rating and fitness).

If we stop allowing players like this to be held at teams then it means that teams will then work on cycles of success. Team A will have a 94 XI with no young superstar replacements so in a few years will decline and have to buy 85s to then rebuild. Team B will start with the superstar youth but only have a 90/91 XI until they hit 94. Then they will go through the same period of having only 85s to then replace their superstars.

Which seems more logical? :rolleyes:

What an extremely constructive post. I've benefited a lot from what you've just added to the debate and i'm sure others have as well. On a more serious note, they are not "youth players" as they are "first team" players irrespective of their age because they are good enough to start for a lot of team (due to being 89 rated plus).

On a more serious note' date=' they are not "youth players" as they are "first team" players irrespective of their age because they are good enough to start for a lot of team (due to being 89 rated plus).[/quote']

But then should not every player regardless of rating get concerns for not playing, because even some 75s are good enough to play for A team, just not the best teams?

SM' date=' give us some damn answers!

This is a sodding joke![/size']

I'd be better if you gave everyone either a link to your squads or let us know the clubs and Game Worlds you're in and then we can debate this properly. Now that would be more constructive and help this excellent debate rather than making demands. I'm sure you've good nothing to hide and have sensible squads and don't hoard players, so we all look forward to seeing them.

If we stop allowing players like this to be held at teams then it means that teams will then work on cycles of success. Team A will have a 94 XI with no young superstar replacements so in a few years will decline and have to buy 85s to then rebuild. Team B will start with the superstar youth but only have a 90/91 XI until they hit 94. Then they will go through the same period of having only 85s to then replace their superstars.

There's a very good article by Jonathan Wilson titled "Will the three-year rule do for Barcelona?". When you have the time, search for it and have a read. This is somewhat related to the part of your post that I've quoted. Why have I mentioned this? Due to teams having cycles and their managers trying to combat this by refreshing their squads.

I'd be better if you gave everyone either a link to your squads or let us know the clubs and Game Worlds you're in and then we can debate this properly. Now that would be more constructive and help this excellent debate rather than making demands. I'm sure you've good nothing to hide and have sensible squads and don't hoard players' date=' so we all look forward to seeing them.[/quote']

I'll post what I want, when I want my pedigree chum.

I'm not wasting time debating this subject and posting my squad details.

My main concern is to get to the root of the problem, which is SM. What you think of my squad is on no interest to me I'm afraid as we've been debating this topic for weeks.

Just so you know, I have a first team squad of 22 and a quarter of them now have concerns.

But then should not every player regardless of rating get concerns for not playing' date=' because even some 75s are good enough to play for A team, just not the best teams?[/quote']

Surely that would be dependent on the player and the club they where at?

Surely that would be dependent on the player and the club they where at?

You said that Eriksen should be concerned at my club for not playing even though he's 89 and I have at least 8 higher/equal rated to him. How about Tello or Cuenca they don't have concerns for lack of games but have as much chance as Eriksen as getting in most starting XIs, should they be concerned too?

I'll post what I want' date=' when I want my pedigree chum.

I'm not wasting time debating this subject and posting my squad details.

My main concern is to get to the root of the problem, which is SM. What you think of my squad is on no interest to me I'm afraid as we've been debating this topic for weeks.

Just so you know, I have a first team squad of 22 and a quarter of them now have concerns.[/quote']

You're very constructive today as that's your second post within an hour that has added to this excellent debate. Pray, tell me, you've said you're not wasting your time debating this subject, but yet you keep posting on this excellent thread - how does that work?

I'm also struggling to understand how you can fully debate this when you aren't posting either a link to your squads or letting us know the clubs and Game worlds that you're in?

It's easy enough to say "I have a first team squad of 22 and a quarter of them now have concerns" without posting any other details. I'd hazard a guess and say that the majority of those 22 players have very similar ratings (which will be your first team and your cup team) and that's why you're encountering problems.

Please prove me wrong but again I'd hazard a guess ad say I'm right or pretty much close to it.

You said that Eriksen should be concerned at my club for not playing even though he's 89 and I have at least 8 higher/equal rated to him. How about Tello or Cuenca they don't have concerns for lack of games but have as much chance as Eriksen as getting in most starting XIs' date=' should they be concerned too?[/quote']

Which club and game world is this in? Any chance of posting a link or a screenshot? Sorry for asking but I can only debate this with your goodself properly if I can see this information.

You're very constructive today as that's your second post within an hour that has added to this excellent debate. Pray' date=' tell me, you've said you're not wasting your time debating this subject, but yet you keep posting on this excellent thread - how does that work?

I'm also struggling to understand how you can fully debate this when you aren't posting either a link to your squads or letting us know the clubs and Game worlds that you're in?

It's easy enough to say "I have a first team squad of 22 and a quarter of them now have concerns" without posting any other details. I'd hazard a guess and say that the majority of those 22 players have very similar ratings (which will be your first team and your cup team) and that's why you're encountering problems.

Please prove me wrong but again I'd hazard a guess ad say I'm right or pretty much close to it.[/quote']

Hi, are you aware that you're being rather aggressive with your arguing? You've had less than a dozen posts, and you're attacking people who've had thousands.

I'd maybe chill a little, take a look around and then join in a bit? Thanks.

I have a question.

In one of my (better) teams there are three players who can play 'LB' in this side: Marcelo (93), Alba (90), and Digne (80). The team average rating (when all first choice players are present) is 94.

What percentage of games should Alba (90), who is 3 points behind Marcelo, and 4 points behind the Starting XI, expect to play?

Given that the "best players" should expect to play 65-70% of games, and Alba is certainly not among the best in my squad, surely somewhere around 1/3 or 2/5 of games would be fair? Any opinions?

Which club and game world is this in? Any chance of posting a link or a screenshot? Sorry for asking but I can only debate this with your goodself properly if I can see this information.

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=718645

The first Ajax is the one I pay most attention too, so that's the one to look at although all 3 are fairly similar, Rotherham doesn't have quite as 'full' a squad.

That won't show loaned out players so i'll just list them:

De Gea, Coentrao, Alba, Van Der Wiel, Azpilicueta, Vertonghen, Subotic, M'Vila, Eriksen, Kagawa, Pastore, Hazard, Muniain, Marin, Alexis, Neymar, Reus and Falcao.

I know you'll come straight out with 'player hogging' which is a fair point. But I bought most of the 'youth' players without competition and even some of the higher rated ones when they were cheap/lower rated.

In real life, squad do go through cycles. You can see it now with Chelsea AC Milan, Marseille and Inter.

I don't know what game worlds you play in but if you have a 95 rated 11 and Hazard, Eriksen, Shaqiri, Gotze etc then player concerns should give you a nice challenge rather than make you angry. Otherwise it would be too easy.

No team in real life could ever really do that, thats why they either do big overhauls when their squads are looking old, or they gradual bring in young players (maybe 3 at a time), in a way that gives those players decent game time without adversely affecting the whole squad.

With my smaller teams or teams in less competitive gameworlds I've always preferred to leave it all on the pitch. I don't bother with mountains of reserves and just keep a small squad of very good players.

Hi' date=' are you aware that you're being rather aggressive with your arguing? You've had less than a dozen posts, and you're attacking people who've had thousands.

I'd maybe chill a little, take a look around and then join in a bit? Thanks.[/quote']

Please accept my apology as I don't mean to come across as aggressive but it's frustrating to have a proper debate when people aren't posting full details of their squads and only giving limited information.

Also someone's post count is just a number and nothing more as it doesn't reflect the quality of their posts. For example in dancpoli's last two posts he's said "SM, give is some damn answers! This is a sodding joke!" and "I'll post what I want, when I want my pedigree chum." Irrespective of how many posts they've made or how long they've been on this forum, their last two posts add nothing to this debate.

In real life' date=' squad do go through cycles. You can see it now with Chelsea AC Milan, Marseille and Inter.

I don't know what game worlds you play in but if you have a 95 rated 11 and Hazard, Eriksen, Shaqiri, Gotze etc then player concerns should give you a nice challenge rather than make you angry. Otherwise it would be too easy.

No team in real life could ever really do that, thats why they either do big overhauls when their squads are looking old, or they gradual bring in young players (maybe 3 at a time), in a way that gives those players decent game time without adversely affecting the whole squad.

With my smaller teams or teams in less competitive gameworlds I've always preferred to leave it all on the pitch. I don't bother with mountains of reserves and just keep a small squad of very good players.[/quote']

If you have "the next generation" coming through (referring to your second paragraph) and they are of a good rating and expect to play, then you'd have to make a decision of who they should replace in your established XI. That links nicely with your third paragraph and it also gives managers something else to think about.

I'd hazard a guess (referring to your last paragraph) and say you don't experience concerns to the same degree as that Roma side in WC 87?

I have a question.

In one of my (better) teams there are three players who can play 'LB' in this side: Marcelo (93)' date=' Alba (90), and Digne (80). The team average rating (when all first choice players are present) is 94.

What percentage of games should Alba (90), who is 3 points behind Marcelo, and 4 points behind the Starting XI, expect to play?

Given that the "best players" should expect to play 65-70% of games, and Alba is certainly not among the best in my squad, surely somewhere around 1/3 or 2/5 of games would be fair? Any opinions?[/quote']

I know you don't want to, but you should choose one. Alba should expect to play most games whatever team he's in. It is unfeasible for a club to have Alba and Marcelo in soccer manager and so it should be.

If you have "the next generation" coming through (referring to your second paragraph) and they are of a good rating and expect to play' date=' then you'd have to make a decision of who they should replace in your established XI. That links nicely with your third paragraph and it also gives managers something else to think about.

I'd hazard a guess (referring to your last paragraph) and say you don't experience concerns to the same degree as that Roma side in WC 87?[/quote']

Nope, I have one 91 avg team and I have a massive youth team filled mainly with wage concerns which I will deal with at level 4. I have a newish Chelsea with Evans, Luiz and Azpi unhappy. I've decided to sell Evans and Azpi and give Luiz more games rather than rant about it though.

I have a question.

In one of my (better) teams there are three players who can play 'LB' in this side: Marcelo (93)' date=' Alba (90), and Digne (80). The team average rating (when all first choice players are present) is 94.

Given that the "best players" should expect to play 65-70% of games, and Alba is certainly not among the best in my squad, surely somewhere around 1/3 or 2/5 of games would be fair? Any opinions?[/quote']

barnabyd has already responded to you with an excellent post. The only thing I will add is that both Marcelo and Jordi Alba can play LB/LM and you could always play one of them ahead of the other further up the pitch. However if I had to decide between the two, I'd personally choose Jordi Alba, but I won't go into my reasons as this will be going off topic.

Alba should expect to play most games whatever team he's in. It is unfeasible for a club to have Alba and Marcelo in soccer manager and so it should be.

Care to explain...?

What's wrong with having a 93 rated starter, who can play in 65-70% of games, and a lower-rated backup at 90, who can cover if injured, and also take part in games when Marcelo must be rested.

Is it so unethical to want a decent backup, especially when competing on multiple fronts?

Why should Alba expect to play most games, regardless of his team? What you say goes against the help system, which states only the best players expect to play in the majority of games. So, I'm afraid your statement is incorrect, as Alba is not one of my best players (being rated 4 below the team average, 3 behind Marcelo).