Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

You seem to be very knowledgeable for someone who only joined the forum 24 hours ago:rolleyes:

Mmm' date=' I'm beginning to smell a rat. [b']Time to 'fess up TeaCosy are you a Dev(il) in disguise?[/b]

I see he failed to answer this question

I am entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours. Whether you agree or disagree with me doesn't mean I'm right or wrong just as your opinion my be right or wrong. If my opinion is of no concern to you then that is your perogative and I respect your choice. All it means is that I won't debate with you and if you are to quote me then all that I ask is that you respect my opinion.

Nah, I don't think so. Your arrogance and hostility does not deserve respect.

I see he failed to answer this question

He never answers any question. Expects everyone to give information about their teams but doesn't tell us which setups he is active in - except for his claim to have managed Sampdoria in WC87 - which is a lie.

He never answers any question. Expects everyone to give information about their teams but doesn't tell us which setups he is active in - except for his claim to have managed Sampdoria in WC87 - which is a lie.

Sounds like a Dev to me, they recently lied to us too

In the team you're talking about' date=' Roma WC87, I do not have Steve Mandanda - he is in my Roma team WC 117. Joe Hart is my first choice keeper and David De Gea is my backup who, along with Szczesny, Courtois, Zieler and Leno used to be my youth team keepers, who were all signed when rated in the 70's and have all been on the loan list and available in the setup for other teams.

For example:

[b']De Gea[/b] played 11 league games on loan for Werder Bremen in season 13; 38 games on loan for Udinese in season 14; 28 games on loan for River Plate in season 15 and 12 games back home for Roma last season. The new season has just started so he hasn't played any games yet.

Szczesny went out on loan in season 15 to Spurs where he started 6 league games and has made one start back at his home club this season.

Zieler Went out on loan to Corinthians last season and made 12 league starts.

Courtois Was loan listed last season but no one made a bid for him and he played two sub appearances for his home club.

Leno Was loan listed last season but no one wanted him.

Right, I'm done explaining myself to you until you explain your blatant lie about being the manager of Sampdoria in WC 87:

Well?

I have no sympathy whatsoever. If the concern system is forcing you to sell keepers then its doing exactly what its supposed to do. Goalkeepers never get injured so 2 of those would be more than more than enough.

I have no sympathy whatsoever. If the concern system is forcing you to sell keepers then its doing exactly what its supposed to do. Goalkeepers never get injured so 2 of those would be more than more than enough.

Who said I was looking for sympathy? I played by the rules and the rules changed - end of. As I've already said: Hart is my No 1 and goalkeepers never get injured so I am not bothered in the slighest:cool:

Reply to i think it was DEV(Ste)........

Thanks for taking the time to reply a while back and you asked me what im not enjoying any more.

Well one big thing im not enjoying at all anymore is setting my teams up for matches as i cant no longer set up my strongest team to try and win!

Instead now i have to check how many games each players played etc and more than likely field a weaker squad just to try and keep the concerned players happy.

To me it is more fun to play my strongest teams and play my back ups when i choose to play them as it was for years on this game.

Recently ive gone for over a week without logging in because of these concerns and my previous 3+ years of playing only missed setting up my teams once!

Im rapidly losing my interest in this game which i did love fondly for so long, It was the simplicity that kept me hooked for all these years but lately just seems more like hard work to play and thats not what i want in a manager game hence why i choose to register for this one out of all the others available.

I hope something changes very soon regarding the concerns system as im getting to the point of not logging back in anymore and letting someone else have all my teams.:(

Instead now i have to check how many games each players played etc and more than likely field a weaker squad just to try and keep the concerned players happy.

This is the same for me. I end up trying to play my highest average starting 11 rating whilst trying to fit in the lower rated players and try to sub in 3 players every game. Its not that much fun any longer. My future gold subscriptions will instead go towards buying football manager.

This is the same for me. I end up trying to play my highest average starting 11 rating whilst trying to fit in the lower rated players and try to sub in 3 players every game. Its not that much fun any longer. My future gold subscriptions will instead go towards buying football manager.

"My future gold subscriptions will instead go towards buying football manager."

Ditto.

Thank god i'm still a standard member and not a gold one! I was actually thinking of buying the gold membership, but after all this mess in concerns and the... "loopholes" they 've fixed, NO WAY i'm buying gold membership! It's more possible to quit the whole thing now... :mad:

You can get it to 19 players playing 70% of games by my calculations' date=' where I assumed a minimum of 38 league games, 2 cup games and 6 European games.

[b']I've been told European games are free so if you play one european game and then miss one league game you are calculated to have played 1/1. The game adds one to the top of the fraction but not the bottom.[/b]

Step 1: Assuming the goalkeeper plays all games (because rotating goalkeepers can't get them both to 70%), there are 10 spots on the field for every game.

This means a player can start 10/18 x 46 games in a 19 man squad.

Step 2: Using the subs, of which there are 3 every game, you can increase this number.

The player must be on the bench 8/18 x 46 times considering how many he starts in step 1. Every match you must selet 3 subs out of 8 so a player will make 3/8 x 8/18 x 46 sub appearances. Half this to get the number of games he is considered to have played to get 3/16 x 8/18 x 46.

Step 3: How many games played? Add the two results to get the layer's total number of games played: (3/16 x 8/18 x 46) + 10/18 x 46. This comes to a total of 29 and 7/18.

Now a player can only play a whole number of games so we take the number as 29. Since European games a free the total number of games in a season can be taken as 40. 29/40 is more than 70% so all 18 outfield players and the goalkeeper are kept happy.

Also, that extra 7/18 of a game x 18 players = 7 "extra games" that can be used to make up for mistakes in the rotation. Any extra progress in Europe can be used to give other players games and try to keep them happy.

So there you go. If you never ever want to ever get concerns, then only have a first team squad of 19 B)

That's how it used to be, until two months ago when they made the changes ("fix the loopholes", for them)!

Now the Cup/Shield/SMFA games count the same way as the League games, they now count in a negative way and not positively. :mad:

Read my two posts where i posted my experience and gave details:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2125563&postcount=1957

and:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2131221&postcount=1998

This is one of the 3 changes they 've made to the Concerns System. So, i think you should do again your calculations. :(

The changes to the Concerns Rules (so far) are:

1. Now the Cup/Shield/SMFA games count negatively towards concerns.

2. The youth players U21 now develop concerns, even if they are NOT anywhere near the first XI players.

3. The concerns are now escalating in a more fast pace. ( In my clubs are now updated every 4 weeks!)

Nothing was told from SM to us (the customers...) about these changes, nothing was announced, nothing was explained, except a single post in this thread by Dev (Ste): A very vague post, where he said about the first 2 changes that "they 've just fixed some loopholes" and he BLATANTLY LIED about the third one, telling us that the pace of the concerns "is the same as it always has", when it has clearly escalated!

I'm unsure whether to renew at the moment also, I'll stick around as I have about 100 days left. They are winding me up a bit over this concerns thing, I'll give it a go by their rules and reduce the size of a couple of my squads to about 22 and rotate them around and see what happens. I might find that I can live with it this way, I'm prepared to suck it and see ;)

I'm not sure what happens when a player is injured or suspended though when it comes to playing the required number of games in a particular period (I assume that they break the season up into thirds or quarters and adjust concerns accordingly). It would be real harsh to have a player get more concerned as a result of a period out being suspended or injured, that might be too much even for a player like me who really wants to like the game.

I just wish that the game would make it easier for us to know when a league is going to have a player concern update check so we could do something about it more easily.

I just want to know if all leagues are for example checked and updated on turn 10 or after 10 games etc, it's a bit like being caught by a hidden speed camera, ok you shouldn't be speeding but I thought they had to at least give you a fair warning first.

I sat for about 20 minutes looking at my teams today knowing Im away for a week without internet. Without micro managing I dare not think about what I'll return to when Sagna gets a level 1 concern for playing 10 games (all starts) after 11 league games.....

Maybe it will be the kick I need to let my teams go.

I think from your Account Settings page you can go into Holiday Mode, but this may be for Gold Managers only, I'm not sure.

I've never tried it so don't know what difference it makes. It may just stop the clock ticking on your last logged in time to stop you being booted out after 30 days.

I realise that it's to prevent managers from keeping unused players but, guys! the game is starting to be unplayable. I have a player that played 14 out of 24 days and he's still having concern!

I mean guys! how come! he has been the most playing player in his position in all the squad!!! when he doesn't plays it's because he's not fully in shape!

If developpers are to push things that far, they need to make players' recovery between matches faster.

Othewise, as a manager, I won't be able to do anything for the squad! I'll mostly end up leaving the site!

I think from your Account Settings page you can go into Holiday Mode' date=' but this may be for Gold Managers only, I'm not sure.

I've never tried it so don't know what difference it makes. It may just stop the clock ticking on your last logged in time to stop you being booted out after 30 days.[/quote']

If holiday mode is anything like SM controlling your teams for SM cups then Im probably better with a half fit team in the correct formation!

I'm unsure whether to renew at the moment also' date=' I'll stick around as I have about 100 days left. They are winding me up a bit over this concerns thing, I'll give it a go by their rules and reduce the size of a couple of my squads to about 22 and rotate them around and see what happens. I might find that I can live with it this way, I'm prepared to suck it and see ;)

I'm not sure what happens when a player is injured or suspended though when it comes to playing the required number of games in a particular period (I assume that they break the season up into thirds or quarters and adjust concerns accordingly). It would be real harsh to have a player get more concerned as a result of a period out being suspended or injured, that might be too much even for a player like me who really wants to like the game.[/quote']

I dont even think reducing your team to 22 players would make much difference.

One of my teams has just 24 players and about half of them are concerned about lack of games!

IMO the back up players are getting more than enough minutes played as they are 88/89/90 rated and my 1st team average 93.

Im currently top of the league and want to stay there to win at least one more league title before i quit so i will keep playing my top boys and if i lose any players than so be it.

I should be thankful to SM anyway for breaking my addiction to the game.LOL

I should be thankful to SM anyway for breaking my addiction to the game.LOL

I hear you mate. It's like that episode of the Simpsons where everyone just turns off their TV's and goes outside and the sun is shining.

If holiday mode is anything like SM controlling your teams for SM cups then Im probably better with a half fit team in the correct formation!

ll holiday mode does is stop you ending up poising a team. Ie if a game world has a 14day log in period and you are away for 3weeks, if holiday mode is enabled you won't lose that team. The team you pick will be the same in all matches played.

Back on topic. Fabrrgas has gone up a concern for me, the only games he missed for me since his first concern were when he was Injured and once when he was 60-70% fit after injury.

Is this fair SM? Is this realistic? Is this a fun game anymore? Is it *fill in blank, I don't want another petty infraction*!

This game is fast becoming a joke. It started to go downhill when you stopped interacting with the players, you know-the people that give you money. And as soon as a company stops listening to it's customers it's on the way to ruin. And don't say 'we've got DEV's who'll speak to you' as they rarely communicate and when they do its even rarer on the more "serious" matters and even then it's a politicians answer or a lie! Your silence is deafening, your denial is deafening and the fat lady's voice will get deafening unless you start listening to what we, the customers, want.

I have previously said I was too addicted to this game to stop playing even with stupid concerns. But I've had enough. My gold membership expires in just over 100days and unless something changes I won't renew. I will cancel my account so don't just think you can live off the advertisement money-you can't! And I KNOW I am not the only one who will &&&& off as has already been seen as Elohim, a respected member who had many teams and has given you a heck of a lot of money has already called it a day.

You are ruining this game and it cannot keep up. Your old members will leave, your new members will get fed up and you will not entice new members-word of mouth is key and you will not hear many using positive words towered yourselves right now.

Realise what you have done, grow a pair and admit you were wrong!!!

I have previously said I was too addicted to this game to stop playing even with stupid concerns. But I've had enough. My gold membership expires in just over 100days and unless something changes I won't renew. I will cancel my account so don't just think you can live off the advertisement money-you can't! And I KNOW I am not the only one who will &&&& off as has already been seen as Elohim' date=' a respected member who had many teams and has given you a heck of a lot of money has already called it a day.

You are ruining this game and it cannot keep up. Your old members will leave, your new members will get fed up and you will not entice new members-word of mouth is key and you will not hear many using positive words towered yourselves right now.

Realise what you have done, grow a pair and admit you were wrong!!![/quote']

Bravo! I agree with this post 100%. The only thing that is keeping me around at the moment is the perverse pleasure of seeing how bad things will get. I couldn't care less about this game anymore and it's just a matter of time before I pull the plug.

No longer mad just very, very sad.

Im totally fed up of these concerns. I have spent years building my teams and now its all going down the drain. All my teams are a total mess i get a head ache just by logging in if they don't do something about this soon im going to close my account I cant be bothered with the hassel. :mad::mad::mad:

I dont even think reducing your team to 22 players would make much difference.

I'm going to give it a go, my 22 consist of 17, 89-92 players and 5, 86-87 back ups who hopefully won't develop concerns, if they do then I'm boned and will have to replace them 85 raters.

I have a schedule that I've worked out to give each of my 17 7 games in 10 and I will stick to it and see if the concerns go away, it may take a while as I'm not sure at what stage of the current cycle I'm on (in terms of game turns if you know what I mean). My only issue is with injuries and suspensions which I hope will not adversely affect my system.

If it doesn't make much difference then I may have to walk away from the game as it just won't be any fun to me, which it was not so long back.

I don't want to just drop my teams and start again elsewhere as I've been with them all for a fair while now.

I'm going to give it a go' date=' my 22 consist of 17, 89-92 players and 5, 86-87 back ups who hopefully won't develop concerns, if they do then I'm boned and will have to replace them 85 raters.

I have a schedule that I've worked out to give each of my 17 7 games in 10 and I will stick to it and see if the concerns go away, it may take a while as I'm not sure at what stage of the current cycle I'm on (in terms of game turns if you know what I mean). My only issue is with injuries and suspensions which I hope will not adversely affect my system.

If it doesn't make much difference then I may have to walk away from the game as it just won't be any fun to me, which it was not so long back.

I don't want to just drop my teams and start again elsewhere as I've been with them all for a fair while now.[/quote']

Let concerns be part of the natural cycle. If you 87 backups get concerns, replace them with other 87s and so on until the end of time ;)

Let concerns be part of the natural cycle. If you 87 backups get concerns' date=' replace them with other 87s and so on until the end of time ;)[/quote']

Good idea, as I only want the 87s to fill gaps when the big boys are tired/injured/suspended. All my 87s are youngsters so maybe I could look at the other end of the scale and pick some 30 somethings.

I'm looking at doing it at my Dortmund team who are pretty good without having Messi etc and I've had to lose Westermann, Montolivo, Inler, Jovetic and Negredo.

I've got a real headache at the moment at my AC Milan side, do I lose Hazard or Gotze?