Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Good idea' date=' as I only want the 87s to fill gaps when the big boys are tired/injured/suspended. All my 87s are youngsters so maybe I could look at the other end of the scale and pick some 30 somethings.

I'm looking at doing it at my Dortmund team who are pretty good without having Messi etc and I've had to lose Westermann, Montolivo, Inler, Jovetic and Negredo.

I've got a real headache at the moment at my AC Milan side, do I lose Hazard or Gotze?[/quote']

Whose in front of them? I would honestly try to keep them both if at all possible.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

My full Milan squad is looking like this;

GK - Hart / Zieler

FB - Criscito / Erkin - Ivanovic / Rosales

CB - Badstuber / Cahill / Kompany / Hummels / Jones

CM - Cambiasso / Schweinsteiger / Marchisio

AM - Fabregas / Di Maria / Nani / (Hazard or Gotze)

F - Soldado / Suarez / Hernandez / Damiao

Maybe lose Nani, though he's currently 93 and linked with Real Madrid so if he plays there he'll score loads.

GK - Hart / Zieler

Maybe lose Nani' date=' though he's currently 93 and linked with Real Madrid so if he plays there he'll score loads.[/quote']

First I would only play with one striker cos that's where you weak and it would allow to squeeze more of Gotze and Hazard in. Then I would sell Cambiasso and Marchisio (maybe to improve my full backs) and use some of those guys as midfielders instead (they'll play fie at CM).

I prefer playing 2 forwards, besides my hard work figuring out a system to get everyone enough game time involves 2 goal poachers for most of the 10 games (I have to squeeze in one 4-5-1 formation in the sequence, and I can't be bothered to re-work it to use 4-5-1 etc :))

Cambiasso is on the way down but he's still pretty damn good and they seem to play on for years in Italy, it's either something in the Pizza or the fact that it's a much slower pace over there. I like Marchisio also. Criscito and Ivanovic are probably as good as I can get at the moment and besides pretty much any 89-90 rated full back will do a good job in any team in any league. I'm also a big fan of Soldado and Suarez (the nasty Uruguayan Scouse one) and Hernandez (the Mexican Mank one) is my top scorer this season so he's hard to drop.

From this set up I'd probably have to replace Zieler, Jones and Damiao as they would probably get concerns under my strict game time regime.

I prefer playing 2 forwards' date=' besides my hard work figuring out a system to get everyone enough game time involves 2 goal poachers for most of the 10 games (I have to squeeze in one 4-5-1 formation in the sequence, and I can't be bothered to re-work it to use 4-5-1 etc :))

Cambiasso is on the way down but he's still pretty damn good and they seem to play on for years in Italy, it's either something in the Pizza or the fact that it's a much slower pace over there. I like Marchisio also. Criscito and Ivanovic are probably as good as I can get at the moment and besides pretty much any 89-90 rated full back will do a good job in any team in any league. I'm also a big fan of Soldado and Suarez (the nasty Uruguayan Scouse one) and Hernandez (the Mexican Mank one) is my top scorer this season so he's hard to drop.

From this set up I'd probably have to replace Zieler, Jones and Damiao as they would probably get concerns under my strict game time regime.[/quote']

Fair enough, but it would be a grave mistake to keep Cambiasso and Marchisio and Suarez and Hernandez and Soldado ahead of Hazard or Gotze.

I hear what you are saying, in an ideal world I'd keep them all (I have Marco Reus at Milan also and it's killing me to have to make the call).

I have got a couple of free games left in that game world as I've already won the league so I might experiment a bit and see who plays well together.

GK - Hart / Zieler

Maybe lose Nani' date=' though he's currently 93 and linked with Real Madrid so if he plays there he'll score loads.[/quote']

I hear what you are saying' date=' in an ideal world I'd keep them all (I have Marco Reus at Milan also and it's killing me to have to make the call).

I have got a couple of free games left in that game world as I've already won the league so I might experiment a bit and see who plays well together.[/quote']

I'd sell Cambiasso and swap Fabregas into the CM spot. Sell Cahill and keep Jones and maybe sell Soldado and keep Reus. Alternatively you could keep Cahill, sell Erkin and swap Badstuber into the starting LB spot.

Good idea' date=' as I only want the 87s to fill gaps when the big boys are tired/injured/suspended. All my 87s are youngsters so maybe I could look at the other end of the scale and pick some 30 somethings.

I'm looking at doing it at my Dortmund team who are pretty good without having Messi etc and I've had to lose Westermann, Montolivo, Inler, Jovetic and Negredo.

I've got a real headache at the moment at my AC Milan side, do I lose Hazard or Gotze?[/quote']

It don't matter anymore who's is your back-up a 75 or a 92....if these think that the good enough are too play even if the are-21 years the will have concerns....

I managed 2 small team's a orginal team, and back-up players are only young players from 70 to 86 ....players like zouma kurt 17 years 83 concerns-markovic 18 years 75 concerns-ross barkley 18 years 80 concerns-connor wickham 18 years 84-kovacic 18 years 84-sime 20 years 86-laybad 18 years 86-jordan lukaku 18 years 77-marco verratti 18 years before 77 now 85 -A FROM YESTERDAY LEALI NICOLE GK 75 WHIT CONCERNS OF LAKE OF GAME's frist gk is helton 90....all my young back-up players have concerns....there is no other player between these and the frist 11...so it don't matter who you have from back-up , the will have concerns if the don't play or not enough play.

have post some picture from these players in this thread a time a go....so don't also not what to do...

and yes..every 4 weeks the chance...and even these players whit concerns from wage's the go even faster up.

It don't matter anymore who's is your back-up a 75 or a 92....if these think that the good enough are too play even if the are-21 years the will have concerns...

I hope that the youngsters see sense and realise that they are behind the main 17 players and not get concerns but if you are right then it just makes the whole thing impossible as I simply cannot play the main 17 any less to get them all to at least 7/10 in terms of game time, I could sneak in the odd sub appearance for the youngsters and I mean the odd one in a 10 game period but that's it.

Should a game be this much hard work?

I'd sell Cambiasso and swap Fabregas into the CM spot. Sell Cahill and keep Jones and maybe sell Soldado and keep Reus. Alternatively you could keep Cahill' date=' sell Erkin and swap Badstuber into the starting LB spot.[/quote']

Cambiasso is borderline in my eyes at the moment, but he plays well in the game and in real life he's still going pretty strong in Italy I believe. I need at least 2 central holding midfielders I think and I don't want to lose him to keep Gotze or Hazard I'd have to replace him with a similar kind of player.

I like Cahill and think he's going to go up at the next update after his move to Chelsea and Jones I think is still a fair way off being a regular at Man Utd as he still has too many mistakes in him. I'm a big fan of Soldado and have him at several of my clubs so I want to keep him I think.

I might lose both my back up fullbacks and only play a standard back 4 now and again, go for 3 at the back which is risky but can pay off with a good midfield which I think I have, might also allow me to keep Gotze and Hazard, not sure about Reus though.

I'll have a look at my game play plan and see if I can make it work using mainly a back 3

After this latest round of concerns this week, my 23-man Dortmund squad now has TWELVE players with concerns.

23 players in a squad isn't exactly player-hogging, and you need a squad around that size to be competitive in all competitions. I try and rotate wherever possible whilst still trying to keep as strong a side as possible on the pitch. It's becoming impossible. In fact, one of the players who has developed a concern has only done so because I've been playing someone else in his position recently...who had concerns!

Not good.

After this latest round of concerns this week' date=' my 23-man Dortmund squad now has TWELVE players with concerns.

23 players in a squad isn't exactly player-hogging, and you need a squad around that size to be competitive in all competitions. I try and rotate wherever possible whilst still trying to keep as strong a side as possible on the pitch. It's becoming impossible. In fact, one of the players who has developed a concern has only done so because I've been playing someone else in his position recently...who had concerns!

Not good.[/quote']

If you rotate too often for too long though then a large proportion of your players will eventually only have played 50%-ish of the available matches and develop concerns.

For that reason over-rotation can be just as risky as under-rotation :eek:

If you rotate too often for too long though then a large proportion of your players will eventually only have played 50%-ish of the available matches and develop concerns.

For that reason over-rotation can be just as risky as under-rotation :eek:

Well that accumulates to a no win situation doesn't it.

I would say that under the old system, I'd probably still have around five players with concerns, and I accept that. I have a 90-rated CB who's not managed a game at all in the first 30-odd that he could have played in, and in that situation, it's fully understandable that he'd have concerns (Hummels and Subotic are just too good tho!). In fact, he'll probably be moving on soon. This is where the concerns system works well. And it did work well, I thought it was an excellent addition to the game before.

The latest changes are too much though. I understand the rationale behind it, but the implementation has been poor. It looks like we're stuck with it now though.

True it does.

the problem may be where the system used to calculate concern levels are too simple (75% of number of matches) rather than taking into consideration things like fitness in that most people would not play players below lets say 80% fitness level. It would be rather silly expecting 75% game time when you are NMF or thereabouts.

from a personal point of view I believe the system needs looking at -not to protect the interests of player hoggers but to bring some level of order into it. The game's virtual management and when it is more draconian than the real life player behavior then somethings amiss.

After this latest round of concerns this week' date=' my 23-man Dortmund squad now has TWELVE players with concerns.

Not good.[/quote']

soon I know even not more anymore how too managed a team, have not so a lot concerns only in these 2 world's 8-9 young players, in my others world there i have players who where out for weeks whit concerns , and from yesterday players 2-3 now from 89/90 my team have only two 91 players who have play 11 game's from in total 15 game's count all in cup+smfa is 4 game's not played?...well others from 88/89 played 4/6 game and less have no concerns ?...I don't undestand anymore how it now work's?

you can now not count on the on help line that is not entirely true, why these and not others, who have played less, there would need more information about how their calculated ... now it really has no sense to me to go further, the calculated work is wrong with me or ... I do it wrong, do not know myself how I should count the players game time now, way these and others not, way others 88/89 are happy whit a half season and others only happy when playing all the game's, way a gk from 75 18 years have lack's of game's concern's ,where the only gk is helton 90 34 years old?...ETC...URGENTLY REQUIRED FOR A DECLARATION with the present declaration is insufficient .. or I'm so stupid? ..'m a veterinarian in training...play this game for my time to thaw between my internship and many guard services we must do now ... what to distraction and to fill the dead hours, sleep .. I can not. but the fun is out here soon .. need more time than stabbing in my training .. that is not the purpose of a game or well?

Lost pastore today, not being able to keep such a talented player is hard, ok he is 23, but its not till beyond 23 that unless your a superstar you wont get 92+ till later in your career..

I also have alcantera and dzgoev concerned, here's the reality, to keep also these players i will have to sell whoever was playing ahead of pastore.. the reality is both players are not going to reach 92+ anytime soon..

Im losing most my youth prospects i signed years ago as investments, SM taking such action as they are doing has killed this way of playing the game, of course im still signing youths but really its just cause thats what ive being doin up to now and tbh besides tactics/squad the only reason i play the game..

i can sign nihaz demirci etc now, but because im good at building decent teams (like most of us are) when they reach 88/89 they will be the same as alcantera/dzgoev because i wont want to drop 91-93+ players to play them.

The whole point of the game is to build a strong first 11/22.. and sign the best youths aswell as using the regular transfer market ether for transfers or investments..

Baring in mind that if your a good manager ina few years your first 11/22 is strong, signing youths or keeping emerging youths is impossible.

SM is destroying completly how people want to play the game.

Outfielders only devolop concerns age 24+ must be brought in.. you must also be allowd keep any two keepers you wish.

I tried getting rid of pastore but i couldn't get anyone that i needed/would play in my team enough.

SM is just putting a serious cap on team strenghts, which any decent manager either now or who later joins up to the game will see, with tactics not a brainbuster there's now not much of a level.. it will only lead to of course more tight leagues etc but the reality is there that then you have more competition for throphies meaning actually winning as much or as often will be the reality..this is the reason people will also stop playing SM, and of course i highly doubt the ammount of managers in standard setups will increase just because they get dzagoev because if they play him, then im playing xavi..

i just dont get it tbh..

Only if you are trying to keep 22 players happy without any of them ever getting a concern.

I'd expect to be able to keep 17/18 "core" players happy all the time without concerns ever getting above level 1' date=' the rest will be transient players who come in for a season or so and then if they haven't broken into the first team they will be moved on as, quite rightly, they will start to get unhappy.

I can still have a large squad to cope with all competitions, the difference is that I fully expect players not involved enough to get concerned whereas to you guys it seems surprising and (obviously) frustrating.

My 17/18 core will be the "star" players made up of highest rated and those I feel have the most potential, the others will be solid back-ups, who may be the same rating-wise as my "core" but who I won't mind losing eventually.

The problem is where some of you have been fortunate enough to build an [u']entire squad[/u] of high-rated and fantastic potential so now you are torn over who to prioritise....isn't that what managers refer to as "a nice headache to have"? :o:)

The problem is where some of you have been fortunate enough to build an entire squad of high-rated and fantastic potential so now you are torn over who to prioritise....isn't that what managers refer to as "a nice headache to have"? :o:)

Having to drop Xavi and alonso, to play/keep alcantera/dzagoev in league matches.

Ya nice headache

I realise that the people on this thread are only a small amount of the total number of managers that play the game. I think that we need to get a wider range of players involved in this issue to show soccermanager that it isn't just a few moaning @@@'s on a forum that think that players concerns have gone too far. I have posted in all my GW's newspapers and encourage other people to do the same. If we want to get SM to overturn the review of the players concerns we need as many people as possible showing that they're against this change.

I realise that the people on this thread are only a small amount of the total number of managers that play the game. I think that we need to get a wider range of players involved in this issue to show soccermanager that it isn't just a few moaning @@@'s on a forum that think that players concerns have gone too far. I have posted in all my GW's newspapers and encourage other people to do the same. If we want to get SM to overturn the review of the players concerns we need as many people as possible showing that they're against this change.

At this rate, SM will soon be left with a small community of players/members.

i actually find the player concerns change a good thing, it stops player hogging,

and personally i haven't had an issue with it myself

if you are getting player concerns like mentioned above on players who are in the 88/89ov's bracket then you really don't need players like that in your squad there for they should be getting concerns and be able to move on to a club that does need them to improve there best overall/starting lineup,

therefore increasing the challenge and the competition element back into the league

by not using a method such as player concerns it allows the giants of the game to keep themselves there by hoarding and not allowing other teams to get a foot hold back into the standings

Bids for pastore

Bayern M√ľnchen

Chelsea

Barcelona

FC Schalke 04

Arsenal

:rolleyes: im gona lose him to another top team (with good squads already), i reckon anyone that losses players more often or not will also lose them to teams like this, your top rivals. pastore will go to barce, dzagoev to arsenal, alcantera to chelsea etc etc

So much for signing them as future prospects, when before they reach anywere near their level i must give them up.

Thought I'd do a "Concerns" audit on any of my teams I've been managing for more than a season:

Queens Park GC10 pld: 576, 1st team squad: 51, concerns: 2 (0 above level 1)

Chesterfield EC1 pld: 530, 1st team squad: 41, concerns: 3 (1 above level 1)

Histon GC56 pld: 372, 1st team squad: 42, concerns: 2 (0 above level 1)

Southend EC106 pld: 320, 1st team squad: 40, concerns: 1 (0 above level 1)

Forest (custom) pld: 271, 1st team squad: 31, concerns: 13 (2 above level 1)

Stenhousemuir GBL pld: 165, 1st team squad: 30, concerns: 1 (0 above level 1)

Birkirkara MML pld: 156, 1st team squad: 37, concerns: 0 (0 above level 1)

Palace EC7777 pld: 140, 1st team squad: 23, concerns: 1 (0 above level 1)

Rotherham EC7046 pld: 132, 1st team squad: 27, concerns: 1 (0 above level 1)

The Forest team in my custom by far and away has the highest number of concerns but no surprise considering it has the likes of Ronaldo, Ribery, Xavi, Cambiasso, Kaka etc, so the 13 concerns are from the the younger 89s and 90's who don't play as much.

A run in the team or subbing them on at 75 minutes seems to be enough to keep them on level 1 - they don't get played enough for the concern to go away but the concern is managed ;)

The two level 2 concerns are Milner and Di Natale who will most likely be moving soon anyway.

Other than that, I don't seem to have any problems :confused:

If concerns progress at the same rate across all gameworlds then surely I should have more now that they have been "accelerated"?

And also if concerns do progress uniformly across all SM then clearly I must be doing something some of you are not......or it is just coincidence that all the various gameworlds I'm in are somehow unaffected? :confused: