Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Queens Park GC10[/b] pld: 576' date=' 1st team squad: 51, concerns: [b']2[/b] (0 above level 1)

Thats you :/ ? lol (remember now kinda)

did i offend you at any stage on this discussion :o

I think alot of the teams you mentioned there are not really full of quality, so you would not have been effected as your 88/89's arew getting lots of time id say.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

form all the worlds hardest hit are just the standard game world champion.

and especially in these I play my most teams, as many managers leave, and this brings result, game worlds that have become worthless now because of lack of good managers, too many managers leave , nobody wants these team's...in some world's now whit only 5 managers anymore in.

it is not regularly distributed, perhaps in the near future.

every 4 weeks a change, players with demands for higher wages go even faster on

one example many more, almost every big team are free, but too many players whit concerns but not even so big teams whit only 30-50 players.

do 2 augustus
spacer.gif

Peter Georgey heeft Manchester United verlaten nadat de manager besloten heeft dat hij al het mogelijke gedaan heeft voor de club.

spacer.gif

Manchester United heeft Peter Georgey aangesteld als nieuwe manager van de club.

wo 1 augustus
spacer.gif

Ethan Cunnison heeft besloten om ontslag te nemen bij Manchester United na 0 wedstrijden te hebben gemanaged.

spacer.gif

Ethan Cunnison is de nieuwe Manchester United manager geworden.

di 31 juli
spacer.gif

pedete ddeded heeft zich de woede van de fans van Manchester United op de hals gehaald door zijn contract in te leveren.

spacer.gif

Manchester United heeft pedete ddeded aangesteld als nieuwe manager van de club.

I'm of a mind to play hardball with player concerns. Any player who develops a 'concern' about not playing enough games will be left to languish until he reaches level 5 when the chairman can deal with him.

I think I'll call this the Brian Clough management strategy:D

I'm of a mind to play hardball with player concerns. Any player who develops a 'concern' about not playing enough games will be left to languish until he reaches level 5 when the chairman can deal with him.

I think I'll call this the Brian Clough management strategy:D

'm thinking to guit all my world's 20 team's way stay longer?' date=' there is almost no one, all the good managers left, son of the newcomers, as they continue is not a challenge for me, waynot the best and friends where i have playing about 2/3 season are all away,and make one game world ,only on private than with just [b']good[/b]managers and cornerns off.

that's the only thing I still want to do other than stop it here and now.

it will have cost me nothing have about more than 3000 points that is the good news...lol

so any good managers who want to participate or experience gives me how to create and start please give a signal by pm .

thanks

I think alot of the teams you mentioned there are not really full of quality' date=' so you would not have been effected as your 88/89's arew getting lots of time id say.[/quote']

Lol you didn't offend me until now when you said my teams don't have quality :mad:;):)

It's true that for most of my teams 89's are my highest rated, but there are usually plenty 88's/87's in the mix too so the fact that they aren't too concerned at fewer games must be significant.

Sounds more and more like the way it works now is that any player 89+ will expect to play the majority of games irrespective of who their competition is.

Basically I reckon the emphasis now has less to do with how good the player is relative to your squad, and a whole lot more to do with how good the player is relative to the gameworld.

This would perhaps explain why 88's/89's that used to be content being back-up are now looking at other teams in the same division and thinking they could get a game there.

The latest changes are too much though. I understand the rationale behind it' date=' but the implementation has been poor. It looks like we're stuck with it now though.[/quote']

Wouldn't it be nice if they gave all managers a vote on whether they wanted to play with concerns turned on or off in a game world, even in game created and run game worlds

Wouldn't it be nice if they gave all managers a vote on whether they wanted to play with concerns turned on or off in a game world' date=' even in game created and run game worlds[/quote']

Too unwieldy especially in standard gameworlds..

Imagine if there were concerns when managers lose games..;)

The problem is where some of you have been fortunate enough to build an entire squad of high-rated and fantastic potential so now you are torn over who to prioritise....isn't that what managers refer to as "a nice headache to have"? :o:)

You are right of course, no one likes to have something taken away from them, there is also an element of you don't want to lose them to your main rivals in the league.

One thing I have noticed is that if a player has concerns and someone puts a bid in for them (not on level 5 yet) the Unhappy icon is replaced with a Bid icon so it's hard to tell if the player has concerns from a casual inspection of the squad page

Too unwieldy especially in standard gameworlds..

Imagine if there were concerns when managers lose games..;)

How do you mean? If all Gold Managers had a vote in a game world then it would work wouldn't it? Mind you it is late (2am) and I may not be operating on full brain power as I send this ;)

You are right of course' date=' no one likes to have something taken away from them, there is also an element of you don't want to lose them to your main rivals in the league.

One thing I have noticed is that if a player has concerns and someone puts a bid in for them (not on level 5 yet) the Unhappy icon is replaced with a Bid icon so it's hard to tell if the player has concerns from a casual inspection of the squad page[/quote']

I've seen people make this point about losing promising players to their rivals, but ultimately the rival team will have the same problem of keeping the promising player happy and if they do manage it then it'll be at the expense of a higher-rated player who will then become available - it's cause and effect.

If the rival team fails to keep the promising player happy he will move on again and again, until such times as he finds a club that will give him the amount of playing time that he wants.

Surely a fundamental part of SM is gauging when to sell on the 30+ 92-rated veteran and give the 89/90-rated youngster his spot in the team?

Again though the problem is people get far too hung-up on the importance of ratings in SM and freak out when you suggest that they play an 89 instead of a 92 :rolleyes:

Ratings are very over-rated :D

It's not even the rating, its the rating potential of the player in question, players which were bought as youths..

Anyway SM can't say anything remotely like ratings dont really matter because then the game is pointless lol and so is the difference between each level in the rating system, They should matter, wether they do enough is another days topic (if anyones left to argue)

This trikle down effect of players is nonsence, ultimatly pastore will go to a team were he's good enough and so this team has a future 99 even tough i signed him as a youth & thus this team will have a stronger squad than me for the future for no other reason than i was able to build at good squad for now.

(i understand that pastore is that age bracket 23/24 so i must make choice with him anway, but 20/21-22 year olds don't get higher ratings on SM for you to play them, besides the odd few)

THERE'S NO POINT IN PLAYING A GAME LIKE THIS, were if your a good manager you lose you best prospects, JUST BECAUSE gameworlds with 15/20 managers want an easy quik squad of TOP players/or prospects off my team..

before these changes anyone joining any of the setups i was in, if they were a decent enough manager they could build nice teams in a short space of time anyway, i could give many examples, im sure we all could.. but now its just ridiculos.

The way to resolve this is 2 easy steps, cue my sig B) simples.

I've seen people make this point about losing promising players to their rivals' date=' but ultimately the rival team will have the same problem of keeping the promising player happy and if they do manage it then it'll be at the expense of a higher-rated player who will then become available - it's cause and effect.[/quote']

You are right about this with the new system in place I suppose, but like all new things they seem strange and heathen at first, especially if they've been imposed without gaining a majority of approval first.

You could say it's partly the games own fault for allowing teams to gather this many players in the first place (who if given the chance says no to getting one over on the system?)

Also it's a game not a simulator so playing the 'it's more realistic' card doesn't fully win the argument in my eyes. If it set out from the beginning as calling itself a real life football manager simulator It'd shoot down my argument and I'd have to suck it up and get on with it or leave the game/simulator.

On the log in screen it calls itself the "Best Free Online Soccer Manager GAME", it also claims to have a "Realistic and Sophisticated Transfer Market". You could say it's more realistic now, but for years it wasn't so large squads have been gathered as a result of the games rules and now the game is calling players greedy pigs for hogging all the talent.

Another point on the "Realistic and Sophisticated Transfer Market" that still holds true is how "Realistic" is it that for example a 3rd or 4th division team can (if they have the money) manage to buy for example Messi or Ronaldo?

It's not even the rating' date=' its the rating potential of the player in question, players which were bought as youths..

Anyway SM can't say anything remotely like ratings dont really matter because then the game is pointless lol and so is the difference between each level in the rating system, They should matter, wether they do enough is another days topic (if anyones left to argue)

This trikle down effect of players is nonsence, ultimatly pastore will go to a team were he's good enough and so this team has a future 99 even tough i signed him as a youth & thus this team will have a stronger squad than me for the future for no other reason than i was able to build at good squad for now.

(i understand that pastore is that age bracket 23/24 so i must make choice with him anway, but 20/21-22 year olds don't get higher ratings on SM for you to play them, besides the odd few)

THERE'S NO POINT IN PLAYING A GAME LIKE THIS, were if your a good manager you lose you best prospects, JUST BECAUSE gameworlds with 15/20 managers want an easy quik squad of TOP players/or prospects off my team..

before these changes anyone joining any of the setups i was in, if they were a decent enough manager they could build nice teams in a short space of time anyway, i could give many examples, im sure we all could.. but now its just ridiculos.

The way to resolve this is 2 easy steps, cue my sig B) simples.[/quote']

If I had Pastore and firmly believed he was a future 99 then I'd do everything I could to keep him sweet, even if that meant booting out a player who was currently rated higher - short-term pain for long-term gain :)

When I said that ratings were over-rated what I meant was that in a strong team of average rating 92+ then one or two 88's/89's won't weaken the team as much as people may think.

It's one of those unknowns in SM - how much difference does a couple of ratings really make?

In SM terms 90 is still bracketed in the same group as 92 or 94.

You are right about this with the new system in place I suppose' date=' but like all new things they seem strange and heathen at first, especially if they've been imposed without gaining a majority of approval first.

You could say it's partly the games own fault for allowing teams to gather this many players in the first place (who if given the chance says no to getting one over on the system?)

Also it's a game not a simulator so playing the 'it's more realistic' card doesn't fully win the argument in my eyes. If it set out from the beginning as calling itself a real life football manager simulator It'd shoot down my argument and I'd have to suck it up and get on with it or leave the game/simulator.

On the log in screen it calls itself the "Best Free Online Soccer Manager GAME", it also claims to have a "Realistic and Sophisticated Transfer Market". You could say it's more realistic now, but for years it wasn't so large squads have been gathered as a result of the games rules and now the game is calling players greedy pigs for hogging all the talent.

Another point on the "Realistic and Sophisticated Transfer Market" that still holds true is how "Realistic" is it that for example a 3rd or 4th division team can (if they have the money) manage to buy for example Messi or Ronaldo?[/quote']

This is the source of just about every "big" debate there has ever been surrounding SM, from squad sizes to player wages to short-lists through to the current player concerns issue - the conflict between those of us who play SM for the "realism" and those of us who prefer the "fantasy football" element.

SM have very cleverly been able to appeal to both sides over the years; to my mind they've always had a leaning towards realism but haven't wanted to alienate the "fantasy football" side which is why the squad limit is still over 200 and why Ronaldo and Messi will still sign for D4 teams.

Expanding/ accelerating player concerns to a more realistic level is just the latest step towards the "realism" type of game, which is obviously not going to go down well with those of you who want to keep your fantasy squads crammed with the best players and best potential who will never get concerned and who will be happy to play hardly any football for 5/6 years until such times as they might hit a high enough rating.

I guess even for SM they see this as too unrealistic to go on with, hence the changes you chaps are objecting to :o

Expanding/ accelerating player concerns to a more realistic level is just the latest step towards the "realism" type of game' date=' which is obviously [b']not going to go down well with those of you who want to keep your fantasy squads crammed with the best players and best potential who will never get concerned and who will be happy to play hardly any football [/b]for 5/6 years until such times as they might hit a high enough rating.

I guess even for SM they see this as too unrealistic to go on with, hence the changes you chaps are objecting to :o

Don't make the assumption that concerns are only happening to those squads with the best players and best talents. It's happening to smaller squads that don't have anywhere near the best talents.

Don't make the assumption that concerns are only happening to those squads with the best players and best talents. It's happening to smaller squads that don't have anywhere near the best talents.
Thought I'd do a "Concerns" audit on any of my teams I've been managing for more than a season:

Queens Park GC10 pld: 576' date=' 1st team squad: 51, concerns: [b']2[/b] (0 above level 1)

Chesterfield EC1 pld: 530, 1st team squad: 41, concerns: 3 (1 above level 1)

Histon GC56 pld: 372, 1st team squad: 42, concerns: 2 (0 above level 1)

Southend EC106 pld: 320, 1st team squad: 40, concerns: 1 (0 above level 1)

Forest (custom) pld: 271, 1st team squad: 31, concerns: 13 (2 above level 1)

Stenhousemuir GBL pld: 165, 1st team squad: 30, concerns: 1 (0 above level 1)

Birkirkara MML pld: 156, 1st team squad: 37, concerns: 0 (0 above level 1)

Palace EC7777 pld: 140, 1st team squad: 23, concerns: 1 (0 above level 1)

Rotherham EC7046 pld: 132, 1st team squad: 27, concerns: 1 (0 above level 1)

The Forest team in my custom by far and away has the highest number of concerns but no surprise considering it has the likes of Ronaldo, Ribery, Xavi, Cambiasso, Kaka etc, so the 13 concerns are from the the younger 89s and 90's who don't play as much.

A run in the team or subbing them on at 75 minutes seems to be enough to keep them on level 1 - they don't get played enough for the concern to go away but the concern is managed ;)

The two level 2 concerns are Milner and Di Natale who will most likely be moving soon anyway.

Other than that, I don't seem to have any problems :confused:

If concerns progress at the same rate across all gameworlds then surely I should have more now that they have been "accelerated"?

And also if concerns do progress uniformly across all SM then clearly I must be doing something some of you are not......or it is just coincidence that all the various gameworlds I'm in are somehow unaffected? :confused:

I think alot of the teams you mentioned there are not really full of quality' date=' so you would not have been effected as your 88/89's arew getting lots of time id say.[/b']

I have smaller, lower-rated squads of 30, 27, 23 with Stenhousemuir (best player 85), Rotherham (best player 88), Palace (best player 90) respectively and as Shelbourne said any players rated 87+ I do have all get plenty playing time, which is why I have said most of the people experiencing severe problems with this are those who have star-studded squads (also based on the examples people have been citing).

SM have very cleverly been able to appeal to both sides over the years; to my mind they've always had a leaning towards realism but haven't wanted to alienate the "fantasy football" side which is why the squad limit is still over 200 and why Ronaldo and Messi will still sign for D4 teams.

I haven't got a problem with the game limiting squad sizes to something more realistic, for example 25 senior pros and 50 youths or something like that or players being concerned if they don't play, but I do have a problem with the way it's being handled by the game as it's too hard to figure out at the moment (a lot of my posts call for simplicity as I realise that a lot of players don't have the time to be full time game playing managers).

Simplify the concern rules so that they are a compromise between realism and game playing mode, have them raised and resolved at the end of a season (a player either stays or goes in the close season) and have the criteria be something simple like if a player (whatever age or squad status) has 88+ skill and they haven't played a part (start or subbed on) in at least 50% of a team's games at the end of a season then they are off.

There's no Prospect metre on SM, therefore a player, pastore for example may be seen as a future 99 by somebody (wether accurate or not) however SM only recognaises him as a 90 rated player (89 prospects getting unhappy) and therefore buying youths has become obsolete on SM. i've pointed out why this is in previous posts.

They've completly changed the way the game has to be played, its still the same game but now scouting for youths when your in standard gameworlds and keeping them wether your in standards or GC's can only occur at the exspense of droping/selling your TOP players like xavi buffon villa etc..

Im reallly not goin back into this B)

Lukaku went to chelsea, he's not playing, but i dont see him ina rush to transfer permently back to anderlecht or join everton. I dont see alcantera ina rush out of barce just because iniesta is there and is young enuff still, regarded as one of the best prospect players in world football yet is 21 years of age & has started naff all matches at the highest level & only transfered to barce's senior team at the beggining of last season.

if for whatever reason inj/iniesta alcantera does not rise at all to 90 (let alone 92) for 12/18months, if he's still 22 years of age why can't he just sit in my team and stay happy? sure i can play him some times (if i choose), or a weaker team can loan him but its stupit that il lose him permantly. because in real life, his career up to now has been like that.

Ha, in my PSV team, 93 rated Rio Ferdinand jumped up to a level 2 concern this weekend, despite the fact he's been an ever present in the team, apart from the 12 games he missed through a recent bad injury.

The game's a bogey folks.

Ha' date=' in my PSV team, 93 rated Rio Ferdinand jumped up to a level 2 concern this weekend, despite the fact he's been an ever present in the team, apart from the 12 games he missed through a recent bad injury.

[/quote']

This has to be wrong doesn't it? How is it possible to keep players happy if they get unhappy while they are either on a life support machine in hospital or sat at home with a cast on a broken foot!

The game has to recognise that if we can't play them (injured/suspended/unfit) then it shouldn't keep tightening the screw on us.

If a player misses 4 or 5 games through injury etc then they should be ignored by the concerns updates for that period.

This has to be wrong doesn't it?

It was bad enough that he went to level 1 in the first place just after the injury, but what I don't understand is he's played every game since, and now he's level 2. He'll obviously drop these concerns in time, but my concern is if he gets another injury, as this clearly isn't taken into account.

this is what i will do ..

i will let them all reached level 5 ...

sell them all at the highest bids by CHEATING b'coz of u STUPID SM !!

From a good game becomes a STUPID game !

is a bad idea for your name, but I see it now every day and these wait not too level 5 , these sell then right now for the highest price , plenty example ,or chance then whit others managers there players whit concerns on level 3-4 after the 40 day's the buy then back , I do not know if these concerns are full away than, and if the smfa will find the deal ok for these player too buy back again than ...before we... I rapport this...now not more!..don't give anymore about it....but is not a good idea,keep your name clear.

It was bad enough that he went to level 1 in the first place just after the injury' date=' but what I don't understand is he's played every game since, and now he's level 2. [/quote']

SM can't have it both ways, if you are going to insist on things being more realistic in terms of players and their happiness then you have to also stop situations like this occurring.

I know footballers aren't the brightest bunch in the world but come on, even they would realise that the reason they weren't playing at the weekend is because they have a cast on their foot and not because they have been dropped or snubbed by the manager.

They've completly changed the way the game has to be played' date=' its still the same game but now scouting for youths when your in standard gameworlds and keeping them wether your in standards or GC's can only occur at the exspense of droping/selling your TOP players like xavi buffon villa etc..

[/quote']

I agree it's a different experience for me now, I've pretty much stopped doing what I liked doing and looking out for hot new prospects. You can still sign them at about 17-18 but beyond that and with 80+ skill they are going to start moaning before they reach their potential.

Maybe if hot prospect youngsters insisted on being loaned out and external/unmanaged teams came in for them then it would be a better solution. It might not be ultra realistic or anything but it would be a compromise solution

players with concerns on level 3-4 after the 40 day's the managers buy them back

This is another crazy rule loophole that can be used to get around player concerns, especially in a game world with very few managers.

Maybe SM is hoping that enough people get so frustrated with the new rules that they end up buying their own game world and turning off player concerns (a conspiracy theory, now we're upping the ante :D)