Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

SM is starting to suck big time

:(

having players age 20/21 getting unhappy is shocking, to expect any young player in todays football world to break thru at a good team in a good league and get a good rating on SM for him to be good enough for my SM team just isient going to happen exept rare cases like cassiles messi & hazard< if even.

Todays football world either means ur getting first team football as a youngster in an ok team, even if in good league your rating will be 89/90 tops, if your one of the super talents then your likly to be picked up by man city united barce psg etc in which case breaking into citys etc starting 11 and doing well (getting sufficient gametime for at least a 91 rating) is how likly to occur for him to be good enough for your SM team? even mario is in der alot & was starting for ITALY at euros and only has 90 (dzagoev age 22 rated 89). So you can't expect it to be the norm that players will breakthru in time for your SM team, they will demand a transfer before then.

Kudos

also with defenders often i find that they can get a 89 rating if their a future talent at a team like villareal or everton or whoever, but to go to 91+ takes several years in alot of cases, not being able to keep such players or forced to drop puyol to play such talents (even puyol, for all those people saying i should accept losing my golden oldies) is loodicrisp.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door StewartyMac viewpost.gif

It was bad enough that he went to level 1 in the first place just after the injury, but what I don't understand is he's played every game since, and now he's level 2.

I have one team a bayer-muchen take over in the beginning of season 3 on play day 12..there where 9 players in total on level 1, 2 on level 2...but a great team was in the div 2...whit no manager in that div...have it take, bring it back to the div.1 on the end of the season all concerns away...the new season is just started play only 2 game's now, and on the 4/08 these same players have there concerns back...lol...way? I Think that the don't have play enough game's the past season,all where there concerns away on the last day from the season, played 4 friendly game, season start and there the are back where i started! will i have these play like crazy every game whit me...the have not play one game whit the other manager, and a few the season there for...so is that there reason I don't know really ID =63273

I feel your pain and frustration Tim, that's ludicrous and makes the game look like it's just broken in some way.

I'm currently dropping all my squads down to 21/22 players of which 17 are my best players (89+) the other 4/5 are 85-87 back ups and I'm going to give the new concern rules a fair chance and see if they can be worked with. I will be hanging on to my youth team players for a bit as they are still work in progress and apart from wage demands are happy to wait their turn.

I have a schedule in place that will give all my 17 best players 7/10 games so in theory they should not get concerns and shortly their concerns should vanish. Now if the game (as a few people have hinted at) doesn't make allowances for injuries and suspensions then it's a no win situation as if I can't play them (injured/suspended) then I can't make the new rules work and it's stupid.

Fair enough SM be more realistic, but be more realistic fairly.

I feel your pain and frustration Tim' date=' that's ludicrous and makes the game look like it's just broken in some way.

I'm currently dropping all my squads down to 21/22 players of which 17 are my best players (89+) the other 4/5 are 85-87 back ups and I'm going to give the new concern rules a fair chance and see if they can be worked with. I will be hanging on to my youth team players for a bit as they are still work in progress and apart from wage demands are happy to wait their turn.

I have a schedule in place that will give all my 17 best players 7/10 games so in theory they should not get concerns and shortly their concerns should vanish. Now if the game (as a few people have hinted at) doesn't make allowances for injuries and suspensions then it's a no win situation as if I can't play them (injured/suspended) then I can't make the new rules work and it's stupid.

Fair enough SM be more realistic, but be more realistic fairly.[/quote']

I have a schedule in place that will give all my 17 best players 7/10 games ......sorry but it make no sence,anymore not to be, players if the are not fit , you most then play...I the reall world the play not if there are broken or whatever...not for fitness and old one maybe, think that he run faster and longer than me!

all my players who have more play than 75% and even only 4 game's not played in the season ...IN THE OLD SYSTEEM these get a injuried the have all , but really all "concerns off lack's of game's", can post example have plenty of players whit injuries like this , played enoung game's.

1.EXAMPLE MOUTINHO (M)+HULK(H)

cup's and smfa game's 8/10 the have these all play have no other stronger than these two

1 season M 31-H 33

M out 2 weeks+4 day's---H out 4+2+2 day's

2 season M 37-H 32

M out 0--H out 2 WEEKS+1 DAY

3 season M 32 H 31

M out 10 day's-2 day's H out 2 weeks-2 day's

4 season M 37-H 32

M out 2 day's--H out 10 day's+ 4 day's

5 season M 1-H 2

M out frist game 7 weeks--H out 9 weeks+6 day's the second game

don't have these not back still injuried.

loan now gotze+jovetic from barca team...to till now 19 game's in total cup+smfa+etc.. all in

gotze played 13 game's +2 sub's no concerns = 14 game's from the 19 =5 not played , 1 not whit barca and 4 whit me.

jovetic played 15 game's +0 sub's concerns of be loan out,after 2 weeks

played 2 not whit barca and 2 not whit me....the last game ..YES OUT WHIT INJURIED FOR 4 WEEKS+ SOME DAY'S...AND YES ON THE 4/08 CONCERNS OFF LACK'S OF GAME'S...

LIKE THESE 2 OTHERS PLAYER M+H .............GRAZY NOT:confused:

example 2.have that post before whit picture. just look-it up

tabanou just buy ...played 1 game out for some weeks +some day's, back not really fit for played on the same day the game only on 65 or 70% , played him the next game 1 game...again out for 10 day's....back played 1 game not (not fit) ...play 2 game's...again out for 11 or 14 weeks...so he have played 4 game's and 2 not the rest he was injuried...can even not him sell is bloked to till 12 AUG. I think...think on the 24 or 26 /07 concerns lack's off game's...is back on end Okto...will than be on level 2 or 3 or 4 or5 who know I not anymore!

just look -it up have post it somewhere

another point about concerns is.....

HOW LONG IT TAKES SM TO UPDATE.

eg. if you have a player like alba playing for spain team. you know he's good but his rating is too low for your team because Marcelo or Lahm is ahead of him.

But he is on your team sheet for 4-6 months with a low rating

My point is if there is a time lag to update players to correct ratings then surely having concerns increase monthly is ludicrous.

Surely there should be a longer time lag with concerns purely because of this

other examples Koscielny at 91 is good enough to start for me but not at 90

Milans Boateng same story

Eriksen and Rodrigues and Lucas and Oscar would all command £30M+ in real life but they are rated 87-89 in SM and getting unhappy

What i say factor in potential into the ratings or slow down the concerns considerably - they can still be forced to leave if there SM rating don't get high enough for you or you don't play them

another point about concerns is.....

HOW LONG IT TAKES SM TO UPDATE.

It does seem a bit odd doesn't it, the more we scratch around the more broken bits and bits held on with sticky tape we find in the game.

Maybe they should of thought it through a bit more before going live with it and using the players as beta testers.

Sorry' date=' it make no sense anymore, you have to play players even if they are unfit[/b']

Hope I got across your feelings Tim when I messed with your post above, your English is better than my Dutch ;).

With my new system in place I have already had to play players who weren't 90% fit which was my minimum level for considering a player to be fit enough to play before (in the good old days when SM was a fun game I looked forward to logging in to play). It's starting to look like the new hardball concerns rules aren't a fully thought out way to solve the 'super squad' situation.

If they later decide that it was a bad idea to have such tough player concerns in the game and remove or water them down, then what about the teams/managers who as a result of them have had to sell players?

But I still intend to give them a fair chance, I'm prepared to admit I was wrong if they are applied equally, both in favour of the game (limits squad sizes) and the managers (concerns applied fairly accounting for injuries).

Hope I got across your feelings Tim when I messed with your post above' date=' your English is better than my Dutch ;).

With my new system in place I have already had to play players who weren't 90% fit which was my minimum level for considering a player to be fit enough to play before (in the good old days when SM was a fun game I looked forward to logging in to play). It's starting to look like the new hardball concerns rules aren't a fully thought out way to solve the 'super squad' situation.

If they later decide that it was a bad idea to have such tough player concerns in the game and remove or water them down, then what about the teams/managers who as a result of them have had to sell players?

But I still intend to give them a fair chance, I'm prepared to admit I was wrong if they are applied equally, both in favour of the game (limits squad sizes) and the managers (concerns applied fairly accounting for injuries).[/quote']

my problem make no sence....I have never or never play whit my players in all my porto's team if the are not 100% FIT.

the only who i have whit concerns are these who are out whit a injuries, and some are back to play, every game that I now play , but really every game in all my team's I lose a player ...when the are not 100% FIT AND THE MUST PLAY ..today played a finale world cup...put in alvaro 90 lb 94% FIT, my second is sandro 87 is 84% FIT,3 is ricardo 85 100% ...but against manchester united put in alvaro 94% -and moutinho 96%-all the others on 100%...WHO IS OUT TODAY YES ALVARO+MOUTINHO FOR 10 DAY'S and 3 WEEKS..

PLAYED 9 GAME TODAY ..lose 12 players who are not on 100%...before you lose also players but not that much...is it that i play season, after season only in 100% OR IS IT ONLY BAD LUCK ?

Its me again, and today the curse of the injured player getting a non playing concern was raised

Andre Schurrle has been out injured in one of my teams for the past 5 weeks. So has been unable to play.

Guess what? Yup, a level 1 lack of games concern, despite it actually being impossible to play him:confused:

Yet another bug raised.

It's getting beyond the pale

Edit: In a complete shock to no one Sahko in yet another game gets raised to Level 4 after playing 27 out of 38..

What's the point? No really what is the point

GAME TODAY ..lose 12 players who are not on 100% fitness....is it that i play season' date=' after season only at 100% fitness OR IS IT ONLY BAD LUCK ?[/quote']

Injuries are real headache and some squads seem to suffer more than others I think, injuries plus the new concern rules are ramping up the pressure on managers big time, maybe the game needs to remove injuries in order to balance out the new concern rules. I know this wouldn't be inline with the new 'realism' approach that the game appears to be wanting but it would be a manageable compromise solution. Or maybe injuries should all be limited to a week max.

To go off track slightly, why is that teams that play Aggressive tackling don't get punished more by the game? They should be able to do it if they want but they (the team) should be fined by the game (as happens in real life) if it gets out of hand. Also as a penalty they should get more injuries.

To me there's a world of difference between Hard and Aggressive tackling.

Edit: In a complete shock to no one Sahko in yet another game gets raised to Level 4 after playing 27 out of 38..

What's the point? No really what is the point

Do you think SM are having a laugh at us? They can't seriously think this is right/fair/workable/sensible can they?

Come on SM, if we are being daft and missing something, give us a clue, we aren't the enemy we want it to be the "Best Online Soccer Manager Game" as well, that's why we paid for the privilege.

Does anyone have access to a Dev or someone at SM who actually gives a toss about what their customers think about the game?

It'd be nice to know we're being listened to instead of this complete ignorance on behalf of SM.

There have been many good suggestions on how to improve the player concern system on this on the poll thread.

Why are these not being taken into consideration?

SM..........YOU SUCK!

SM..........YOU SUCK!

It is bad PR on their part to not at least post some kind of explanation of their thinking. Maybe they are waiting for us all to run out of steam and forget all about it and/or go away.

I wish they'd send some kind of message about game rule changes to me instead of news about new game worlds being created, does anyone else get them? Also why would I care about the new game worlds anyway?

It'd be nice to know we're being listened to instead of this complete ignorance on behalf of SM.

They are probably vaguely interested in what is being posted, but just can't be bothered to tear themselves away from playing Battlefield or Need For Speed etc to do the right thing. ;)

I do not understand why people have not recognised that this game is on a downward spiral. Everything they have done over the last 3 or 4 months tells you this.

Increasing the frequency of Gold Worlds.

Adding achievements.

Changing the concerns and offering no explanation to anyone.

The conclusion is that this game will fold just like CMO & FM Live. The tell tale signs are there.

So enjoy this game while you can because I believe it will not be there much longer.

Do you think SM are having a laugh at us? They can't seriously think this is right/fair/workable/sensible can they?

Come on SM' date=' if we are being daft and missing something, give us a clue, we aren't the enemy we want it to be the "Best Online Soccer Manager Game" as well, that's why we paid for the privilege.[/quote']

I dunno.

I play 2 online footy games, both seem to be at a loss as to what to do at present, one has been taken over recently and is shedding players left right and centre because, they make changes that causes the game to become something of a database management exercise and this one, closes loopholes and makes it impossible to keep players happy, even when they are playing.

It looks like they have overcompensated in closing these loopholes to make it impossible to keep players.

Rotate in a small squad - concerns, unless you micromanage from a db or something

Play your first xi and then have a developmental squad (lower/much lower ratings) for cups and what not to make sure your first xi have 100 or as near as fitness- concerns for both sets of players

Bring players off the bench every game as they are not good enough to start but need to play- concerns

Loan someone over 90- concerns

Have a small squad and have a much reduced skill dev squad- get concerns in the dev squad where players are 83's or less.

Play players in every game that is possible from when concerns noted- get more concerns because there isnt enough games to average out the initial concern and it will get worse

Player gets long term injury- gets concerns about not playing.

Have I missed anything out?

This is not funny anymore i get 2 reviews in 4 days i have now 7 players they have concerns and 1 player is loaned out and got level 3 because he is loaned out.

What's happened SM?

What can we exactly done with this concerns thats be dropping so fast?

It's not realistic , you loaned out because they want to play and then they played a lot of games and then... yeah we drop again :mad:

Just a quick note, and you will love this. Got a bug response regarding Schurrle.

Because he hadn't played before injury he got the concern. So it isnt an error:eek:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. Your player has started in 3 games and come on as a substitute on 2 occasions. With regards to substitutions, if a player comes on as a substitute then it will count as half an appearance irrespective of what minute they entered the match. Therefore, your player has only participated in 2 games out of a possible 17 League games League Games prior to your players injuries.

We believe that confusion may have arisen in the way that you are calculating appearances. This is because in the Appearance column, the first figure is a players total appearances for the season and the figure in brackets is how many times out of that total they have appeared as a substitute. The percentage is calculated at 11.7%.

Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

Regards

Soccer Manager

So bearing in mind that he couldn't play because of injury, so had no way of increasing the percentage and still cant play as is injured til next week and then will need to get to 100 per cent or as near as. The number of games left of the season, circa 13. He is going to rise again, even if I play him in every game isnt he?

Wonderous

NB ( I accept that he wasnt played at the start of the season, surprisingly though I wanted to get some points on the board and then blood the younger players) First team squad of 23. So everyone does get their chance, clearly however this shouldnt be done and you must have a first xi and then youth/dev squad. However even then there will be issues?

Simple solution to all of this. Have max squad of 50. 1st team squad of 17 and then dev players no higher than 85.

Will cause outrage, but will 'share' the wealth as they want. Will make it a complete chore though and unreflective of RL

I do not understand why people have not recognised that this game is on a downward spiral. Everything they have done over the last 3 or 4 months tells you this.

Increasing the frequency of Gold Worlds.

Adding achievements.

Changing the concerns and offering no explanation to anyone.

The conclusion is that this game will fold just like CMO & FM Live. The tell tale signs are there.

So enjoy this game while you can because I believe it will not be there much longer.

I think you're right. Every time I log on I am amazed not to get a message saying something like: " This site has now closed down. Thankyou for your paticipation". It's only a matter of time.

It looks like they have overcompensated in closing these loopholes to make it impossible to keep players.

Sounds about right to me, it is virtually impossible to keep players from getting concerns and you cannot have a first team squad bigger than 17 I don't think (I've figured out a system to get 17 players 7/10 games but it looks like injuries will sink me in the end).

I think it could be yet salvaged (player concerns) one way is to virtually remove injuries, then it would be up to us to be bothered to log in and rotate our players and if we didn't they'd not play enough games and get concerns, not realistic but I'm ok with that as it would end all (or most) of the concern arguments.

Another way would be to tell us when a league is going to be updated and perhaps on a calendar type page show us our games before the next update is due, so the listed games could say something like L10 (for the 10th league game) or C for a cup game etc or if it's based on game turns and not matches then colour code each turn with any matches listed, not perfect but it would do and wouldn't be that hard for the game to knock up would it?

I think all the required information except for the all important update dates is already in the game, it just needs pulling together in one easy to find and use place.

:confused:

I think you're right. Every time I log on I am amazed not to get a message saying something like: " This site has now closed down. Thankyou for your paticipation". It's only a matter of time.

when the closed it..I hope soon,:P:) have some world's wit only 5 managers and even whit 3.today just guit 8 in that world,after the new charge more than 3/4 is allready away...ALL BIG TEAMS ARE FREE....funny thing try to buy for more than 6 weeks :confused: 1 player kyle walter ...stupid als i'm , can buy messi & co to ,but have no cash enough....every day new come in take a look and quit..nobody's won't these team's...I must wait when that team come free again hope that nobody stupid new guy take a look on it...for to guit direct after ...:D

about players whit long term injuries the raise all ...have one out just too the 30 Okt 14 weeks out...he will be on level 5 than,have him just buy played 1 game out 5 weeks, played 1 game not,play 2 game, out 10 day's, play 1 not, play 2 game's out again for 14 weeks.:eek:.. some day's after whit the new charge concern's ... yes on level 1.

a other team take it over 9 players whit concerns on the end from the season no players whit concerns...new season start the SAME 9 PLAYERS have there concerns back on the frist game....nice can start again where i have take it!

others players , who you play now game after game, but if you count in the old systeem CUP'S+ SUb's where i though whit 27-30 game/season these where happy and less....now not more, and try too play these concerns away it is not helpend you out the all went on level 2...and I have a small team, need more players , my young from 82-85/86 play a lot game's where these others are not mach fit or if I have a great player out whit a injuries I must loan a player...or play whit a 82-83/84 -85/86 or 88,but don't have many 88's

so i don't get it way these players have concerns....must after a injuries, and i think even if you buy a new player in the middle from the season, from a other manager that even that player can have concerns .

My example

gameiro cf...buy him on playday 12, he have not played 1 game in his old club whit manager...from today on level 1 , played in total (cup+smfa in)now 16 game's where he started in 11 and 3 sub's ...today on level 1.?, if count he have play 12.5 game's from the 16 in total 2 are smfa game's these count not , than he have play 12.5 from the 14 ...right?...but not played 12 game's in the start from the season...don't know othersway, way he can get that concern than is only 1.5 game not played whit me..or count i wrong?:confused:

So I don't get it anymore, have now placed an advertisement in the local newspaper to attract new employee sad for, a mathematician Knobbe switch, or a professor in mathematics, an accountant for everything to keep a secretary in mind for programs on the PC for anything to fill in a medical assistant for my headaches, a psychologist to help me through, a physiotherapist for me to span, a purchasing manager and sales,so I have some time to think about my tactics, how I can beat my opponent the best...:rolleyes:

Just a quick note' date=' and you will love this. Got a bug response regarding Schurrle.

Because he hadn't played before injury he got the concern. So it isnt an error:eek:

[/quote']

You couldn't make it up could you!

I think they could help us all out very simply, they could have 2 photos of each player, one looking sad and the other smiling (maybe even laughing). When they are concerned they should use the sad photo and when he's ok with the world they should replace the sad photo with the happy, smiley one. Simple! :D