Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

When will it close..I hope soon' date=':P:) have some world's with only 5 managers and even with 3[/quote']

Be careful what you wish for, maybe they don't talk to us because they just don't like their customers much and it's easier for them to ignore us.

We may have to resort to going out into the sunlight and talking to real people on the street if SM closes its virtual doors, please don't close SM I'm a somebody in your game and I'm scared of that big yellow hot thing in the sky! Real life is too hard! :D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Be careful what you wish for' date=' maybe they don't talk to us because they just don't like their customers much and it's easier for them to ignore us.

We may have to resort to going out into the sunlight and talking to real people on the street if SM closes its virtual doors, please don't close SM I'm a somebody in your game and I'm scared of that big yellow hot thing in the sky! Real life is too hard! :D[/quote']

sorry mate...but there is still life after SM...you must just see it....and take it , you only life one time!;)

about world's whit only a few no more in for more than 6 weeks when closed the these?...

Does anyone have access to a Dev or someone at SM who actually gives a toss about what their customers think about the game?

It'd be nice to know we're being listened to instead of this complete ignorance on behalf of SM.

There have been many good suggestions on how to improve the player concern system on this on the poll thread.

Why are these not being taken into consideration?

SM..........YOU SUCK!

I have seen many ridiculous things happening after the new concern system was implemented: concerns hit 18-year-old players, 77 rated players, injured players, players who played 25 out of 30 matches etc. Some of them are really annoying me.

But I think that SM made a business decision. They looked at their stats and decided to hurt a bit the old customers in order to have a more open game for new customers. I have the feeling that they won't go back because some of their old customers are complaining (or even leaving). I think they'll continue on this path, to see on the long run if the loss in old customers will be balanced by the gain of new customers. That's why it seems like they're not listening or they don't care: they made a business choice and they want to see it through.

I really hope I'm wrong.

That's also why they're giving away lots of SM credits for free through the achievements: to give something back to the old customers.

But I think that SM made a business decision. They looked at their stats and decided to hurt a bit the old customers in order to have a more open game for new customers.

I think you are right, they are hoping for short term pain (lots of old skool player ranting) for long term gain by taking from the old players and giving to the new ones.

Despite all my forum fuming I like the game and hope it continues, I was calling for squad size limitations a long time ago (not on the forum just in messages to people). Some game worlds were pretty much no go areas for new managers as all the talent was already spoken for and nobody was selling anyone. It was needed, but I don't think it's been handled very well and I think it's just flawed (being injured shouldn't make a player more unhappy).

Maybe if a player is injured they should be counted as playing in half of every game they miss, so when they come back from injury they effectively have a bit of 'happiness' in the bank for the next update, afterall you can't choose when a player is injured so I don't think it could be abused

sorry mate...but there is still life after SM...you must just see it....and take it ' date=' you only life one time!;)

[/quote']

There is, but it's a second rate substitute for SM, plus I'm a real life Spurs fan so without the game I'd never know the feeling of winning anything! ;)

Oh so apparently it's not a bug and I have to refer to the answer centre for more information. Thankyou Sm, really really really unhelpfull.

So can anyone tell me why a player can play every game since getting a L1 concern yet expect to play even more games?

I thought concerns were meant to be a warning and give you chance to correct the situation, if there isn't any chance (ie the player gets even more concerned despite his issue being dealt with as soon as it is raised) then whats the point of the concerns system? Just put him on the transfer list already!

My concern about wasting my money and time has gone up to level 3. Reach level 4 SM and you might not be able to win me back. I expect to not get ignored 60-70% of the time, I'm currently being ignored 100% of the time. SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh so apparently it's not a bug and I have to refer to the answer centre for more information. Thankyou Sm' date=' really really really unhelpfull.

So can anyone tell me why a player can play every game since getting a L1 concern yet expect to play even more games?

I thought concerns were meant to be a warning and give you chance to correct the situation, if there isn't any chance (ie the player gets even more concerned despite his issue being dealt with as soon as it is raised) then whats the point of the concerns system? Just put him on the transfer list already!

My concern about wasting my money and time has gone up to level 3. Reach level 4 SM and you might not be able to win me back. I expect to not get ignored 60-70% of the time, I'm currently being ignored 100% of the time. SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

The problems and faulty logic behind the concern system are plain for all to see. I have written a post with a suggestion regarding something which could improve the above situation (although my suggestion still requires additions to combat the many other faults of the concern system):

I think (Lack of Games) concerns should be re-worked.

I understand how they currently work' date=' however I believe this to be an illogical system (e.g It is currently possible for a player to state he is concerned, start every game from that point onwards, yet his concern will still increase...:rolleyes:) How stupid/unrealistic is that...?

Perhaps it should work like this:

[list']

[*]Player 'A' plays 2/10 games

[*]Player 'A' develops Level 1 concern (Lack of Games)

[*]Player 'A' plays 1/10 of the next games

[*]Player 'A' develops Level 2 concern (Lack of Games)

[*]Player 'A' plays 9/10 of the next games

[*]Player 'A' reduces to Level 1 concern (Lack of Games)

[*]Player 'A' plays 6/10 of the next games

[*]Player 'A' remains at a Level 1 concern (Lack of Games)

[*]Player 'A' plays 8/10 of the next games

[*]Player 'A' is no longer concerned

Any thoughts? I think this is more realistic, as in reality if a player expressed his concern, and the manager addressed this (by playing him in next 8 consecutive games) then surely the concern would die down. If you consistently fail to use the concerned player, he will still increase his concerns with this system. The number of games required to keep players happy could vary depending on their importance to your squad.

With the current system, managers may let a concern reach level 3 or level 4, and (often) only then discover it may be too late to keep the player. This doesn't seem fair or realistic. And isn't very fun*.

*something SM is running out of, fun.

Personally I haven't (yet) lost a single player to concerns. However there are people that are losing players - people that have been playing in the same setups I have, and after hundreds of games they are quitting. Concerns were a good idea, implemented for the right reasons, and for a while they functioned perfectly - however recently there has been a change and it isn't a good one.

Another thing - perhaps SM could be a bit more open about what is needed to combat concerns. The in-game Help ever so helpfully states,

Do you want players to enjoy the game or not? How many managers must resign, how many votes must be cast, how much revenue must you lose to do something? Right now, the concern system is like a raffle and a guessing game - it's not certain which players will get concerns, and it's unclear exactly how many games must be played to make them happy.

What I'd really like is a way for the SM Devs, and the SM community to find a way to make it work so that everyone, or at least the vast majority, can have a fun time. Be it with concerns, without concerns, with changed concerns. The posts on this thread, and talk in-game leads me to believe that it is far from a few that are finding the current situation a cause for concern.

SM are losing respect from me every passing day.

I mailed tebthereb about it and his reply makes sense and could answer the other things people have mentioned about players going up in concerns despite playing 8or9/10 of the last games since getting a concern...

Hi, concerns are reviewed based on appearances in the season to date, not since they were last reviewed.

So, if a player has played

0/10 appearances at their first review they will be upset as have 0% of games and will get Level 1 concern.

If you start playing them for the next 10 games, if they are then reviewed they will have played 10/20 (50%). This might not be enough (depends on the squad) so they could hit Level 2.

If you continue to play them and they are next reviewed after 30 games they will have played 20/30 (66%) which might not be enough again (for the better players) which will mean Level 3.

However when they are reviewed again at say 40 games they will have played 30/40 (75%) so their concern should probably drop at this point.

ps Salty I think your version makes far more sense. Imagine a player in real life telling the manager he is even more annoyed about not playing enough games despite playing all the games!

I mailed tebthereb about it and his reply makes sense and could answer the other things people have mentioned

At least you got a response. So if I have understood correctly then all I have to do is look at each of my teams schedules and note every 10th game (league and cup, domestic and Euro) and then I will know when my whole squad will be reassessed for concerns?

It would be real nice if the squad screen had a filter on the statistics view to show the current breakdown for each player (what I mean is if it said something like - Petr Cech 22(4) games from possible 30 = 66%). I just want it to make it easier for us to get at the information without having to get out a calculator.

Could you ask your mate to explain how injured players are dealt with when it comes to concerns?

From his response I don't really get the "might not be enough for the better players" line, how are we supposed to know which are which?

I mailed tebthereb about it and his reply makes sense and could answer the other things people have mentioned

Either I'm a bit thick (more than likely) or it just doesn't make sense, I've just had a closer look at the concerns at my AC Milan team and they list 2 players with concerns about lack of games on the 20th July, 2 on the 24th July and 3 on the 27th July....that's an 8 day spread which is more than 1 game turn so why weren't they all updated on the same day? All the players are at the same club and have therefore obviously been available for the same number of games so why update their concerns on different days / game turns?

What chance have we got of getting a grip on it if it isn't logical?

At least you got a response. So if I have understood correctly then all I have to do is look at each of my teams schedules and note every 10th game (league and cup' date=' domestic and Euro) and then I will know when my whole squad will be reassessed for concerns?

It would be real nice if the squad screen had a filter on the statistics view to show the current breakdown for each player (what I mean is if it said something like - Petr Cech 22(4) games from possible 30 = 66%). I just want it to make it easier for us to get at the information without having to get out a calculator.

Could you ask your mate to explain how injured players are dealt with when it comes to concerns?

[b']From his response I don't really get the "might not be enough for the better players" line, how are we supposed to know which are which?[/b]

In the help section it mentions that top rated players will want between 65-70% (I'd go for 70% to be safe). As such I'd guess that for a top rated player 66% might not be enough but for, say, a 89 rated player it could be.

Either I'm a bit thick (more than likely) or it just doesn't make sense' date=' I've just had a closer look at the concerns at my AC Milan team and they list 2 players with concerns about lack of games on the 20th July, 2 on the 24th July and 3 on the 27th July....that's an 8 day spread which is more than 1 game turn so why weren't they all updated on the same day? All the players are at the same club and have therefore obviously been available for the same number of games so why update their concerns on different days / game turns?

What chance have we got of getting a grip on it if it isn't logical?[/quote']

It is mentioned that concerns are reviewed over the period of a week, I'd guess women are running SM and trying to make us suffer for one week a month :P

SmellYeLater, I think you're taking the ten game bit a bit too litteral. Those were just examples he came up with to make the percentage point. He also mentioned (as I think others have on here) that SM have 'closed some loopholes' with respect to the concerns which is more than likely the reason why younger players are now getting concerns.

It says in the help section that age is taken into account with concerns but I don't think they take age into account with lack of games concerns anymore.

One of the "loopholes" they seem to have closed :mad:

If a player is unhappy at his lack of games at your club and then you send him out on loan and he is unhappy about the loan move then the players concerns about lack of playing time will not reduce.

so much for not changing anything, since it wasn't like this before :rolleyes:

so much for not changing anything' date=' since it wasn't like this before :rolleyes:[/quote']

This is ridiculous! Surely the player should refuse to go out on loan then! Otherwise it's a guessing game as to whether the player will be concerned about going out on loan, in the meantime his playing concerns could also rise to a point in which it's too late to do anything about them.

So....what the hell is the criteria for when a player is concerned about being out on loan?

The people making the decisions at SM are tools!

Whatever they've done, it's a tad silly. In one of my worlds I signed Maher & Varane after after just 9-10 games, they had level 1 concerns. Did the same thing with another team & they're still happy as larry. Go figure

This is ridiculous! Surely the player should refuse to go out on loan then! Otherwise it's a guessing game as to whether the player will be concerned about going out on loan' date=' in the meantime his playing concerns could also rise to a point in which it's too late to do anything about them.

So....what the hell is the criteria for when a player is concerned about being out on loan?

The people making the decisions at SM are tools![/quote']

If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

I now have a new strategy for dealing with the mess that SM have made of this game. About half of my teams now have a virtually unmanageable situation regarding concerns (although not the GC's interestingly). My new policy is as follows:

Put all players with 'lack of game' concerns that the chairman will allow out on loan on the loan list, which seems to vary depending on the average rating of the squad at a maximum rating of 89 or 90 (another loophope closed I would guess as I don't remember this being a problem in the past).

Any players with 'lack of games' concerns who are rated too high to loan out are transfer listed as part exchanges with a high minimum reserve to deter the idiots from making silly minimum bids (yes it happens).

I am interested to see how long it takes for these loanees to develop 'loan out concerns' at the loan club - on the basis that the loan club manager agrees to play the player whenever fit (condition of loan deal). If, as has been stated, a player develops a 'loan out' concern that prevents his 'lack of game' concerns from going down I'll leave him to languish until he reaches level 5/combo and triggers a forced transfer on the assumption that transfer won't be triggered until the player is returned to his home club at the end of the season.

I plan to do deals for all higher rated concerned players to get them out of the club. Some will go to managed teams in exchange for similarly rated players who will thus be concern free. Others will be sold to externals who seem to be able to put in a bid regardless of the minimum you set.

I will continue to play using available 'unconcerned' players until the end of the season when I will find another club to manage, or until a better job offer comes along in the interim, whereupon I will endeavour to re-sign the loaned out players that are now back at their home clubs and transfer listed by the chairman. Also I'll be looking to pick up as many of the good players sold to externals that I might need.

Another variation would be to let players develop 'wage concerns' that will push them over the level 5 limit at about the same time you change clubs.

So, as far I can can see all of the above is within the letter of the SM law and at the same time opens up a whole new bunch of 'loopholes':D

Congratulations SM you've turned a one-club man into a club hopper. Something tells me I'll not be the only one.

BTW: None of the above in any way indicates that I will renew my gold membership - I won't. I'll play your game for free (using ad blocking software) but you'll never get another penny from me.

It's amazing how in the last few weeks good teams are losing their managers and someone not taking over the team & team losses many great players for cash.

:eek: anyone noticed this? exceptions of real madrids barce's etc but even the likes of arsenal dortmund valencia's etc are becoming free for up to 5/7 days & sometimes twice over, 3 times over before a new manager comes and stays for more than 10 mins.

If SM want to free up all 89+ players regardless of age for a free for all then at least they can do is get people into the setups. having good squads not being taken over is alarming me.

Having 20 managers ina setup right now, and all them getting concerns in their team is making everyone (mostly) just not bothering to put the effort and work that it is goin to take to keep the players you want to keep happy and then coping with losing players they don't wna lose.

People don't have time to play this game alot all the time, sometimes we can spend time on it but over the months etc there's always something most people will have to do outside SM, wether it be work collage etc coming up to exams etc even if you rotated and managed your teams well for years in the space of 2/3 months you will leave SM cause ur team is all screwd up on your return..

Worst thing to happen SM since i've been here, that's 100% ABSOLUTE.

It's goodbye from me on this thread, i've had my say, gave my 2 cents, can't say more.

asian, youd be stupit to give away courtois balotelli neymar dzagoev alcantera etc in auch agreements ;) this is not a solution. it's just wishfull thinking.

If a player is unhappy at his lack of games at your club and then you send him out on loan and he is unhappy about the loan move then the players concerns about lack of playing time will not reduce.

so much for not changing anything' date=' since it wasn't like this before :rolleyes:[/quote']

What is this a quote from? A ticket reply?

I am puzzled if SM have made this change. It doesn't seem to have affected my teams... yet. Would not be a change I agree with tbh as whilst I generally approve of the changes made it makes no sense for a player to be concerned about lack of games if he is playing every game whilst loaned out.

In the help section it mentions that top rated players will want between 65-70% (I'd go for 70% to be safe). As such I'd guess that for a top rated player 66% might not be enough but for' date=' say, a 89 rated player it could be. [/quote']

Glad you can be bothered to read the help file, I can't I'm afraid ;). I'm of the "It can't be that hard, and I'm a man afterall" school of thought (this probably explains a lot). I'm still not sure what constitutes a senior player, is it 88+ skill, 89 etc also does age make a difference?

It is mentioned that concerns are reviewed over the period of a week

Again Kudos for reading the rules' date=' I'm too much of a lazy bum to look myself. It would be easier for the players to get a grip of if the updates to a team were all given to us on a single day I think.

I'd guess women are running SM and trying to make us suffer for one week a month :P

Ouch, don't go there! :D

SmellYeLater' date=' I think you're taking the ten game bit a bit too litteral. [/quote']

You maybe right, I'm a bit anal on these type of things which is why I'm dropping all my squads down to 21/22 players and using my new 'super system' to give them 7/10 games each.

Surely there has to be an actual figure for when SM updates things in terms of concerns though? I wish they'd tell me clearly so that I can play along with the new concern rules and not play against them.

Am I expecting too much to want to see all my 17 senior players with no concerns?

What is this a quote from? A ticket reply?

I am puzzled if SM have made this change. It doesn't seem to have affected my teams... yet. Would not be a change I agree with tbh as whilst I generally approve of the changes made it makes no sense for a player to be concerned about lack of games if he is playing every game whilst loaned out.

http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=83

contained within the 'loaned out' article

Actual playing time ratio is not realistic. Either they have to raise recovery speed so they can fit or they have to drop their fitness slower even when playing games. U can not play one players playing 5 games in a row without having him drop to 50 fitness and then he needs 3 games to recover ( in which he develop concerne )...

its the same as rotating thim to play every second game fully fit...

those 2 engines work against eachother and I think that fit level SHOULD HAVE A LOT TO SAY when concerne is developed.