Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Thing is though that in the context of all the thousands and thousands of players on SM 88's and 89's ARE star players - they just don't seem like it to those of us fortunate enough to have players rated 90+.

The help says:

The Roma example had 190 youths rated 72-87 so from the total squad of 240 (!)' date=' 88's and 89's are [u']definitely[/u] among the highest rated.

Bit of an extreme example there with such a large squad, but even in a squad of 60 you could have 15 90+ players with the next 15 89's/88's and they would still be among the highest-rated players in the squad, as they'd be in the top 50% of your squad and would accordingly expect a fair chunk of playing time.

I don't think 89's are star players, I believe they are well on the way to being star players, but aren't yet. Though it does depend on your team obviously a team with 90 and 89 rated players as starter, in which case 89 are the 'star' players of the team, but when you have a team like mine with a 94 average starting 11, 89's aren't even close and I could understand if the 89 was the 2nd highest rated player in that position but when you have 4/5 better rated players above them.

It also seems to me to be counter productive for 89's to be cocnerned, if 89's were 'safe' so to call it, from concerns I think you'd see a lot more 90+ players being sold in favour of 89 rated players, as the difference in performances isn't great, but whats the point of keeping 89's if they get concerns as well, may as well just keep 90+ and keep them happy.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

When I read this I was genuinely saddened that someone who has been with a club so long felt so aggrieved by concerns that had "decimated" his club that he felt he had to leave.

I thought I'd join WC87 to see if there was something weird going on with the gameworld and expected to see this poor Roma team ravaged with concerns.

Let's just say that "decimated" is a tad melodramatic.... :rolleyes:

There are a grand total of three players level 2 or higher for lack of games.

Most concerned is on level 4' date=' but then seeing as he is a 90 rated W/AM who has played just 10 of the last 43 (when his competition is 2 other 90's) it's hardly surprising.

Of the two on level 2 one is [i']decreasing[/i] in concern and the other has played just 16.5 from 43 - interestingly he is one of the level 4 concerned's competition, while the 3rd 90 has just moved to level 1 for playing just 23 from 43.

10, 16.5, and 23 more than covers the last 43 games so it looks like you've fallen into the trap of trying to keep all three happy and in the end none of them are...however the thing I don't understand is why you grumble about concerns so much yet have made hardly any attempt to address them before quitting?

5 league games have been played in the current season, yet five players at level 1 concern have played just 1 game and six at level 1 haven't played at all :eek::confused:

How can you complain about concerns when you never play these players?

This team has:

2 x 93 (no concerned for lack of games)

4 x 92 (2 concerned: 20.5/43 = level 1, 16/43 = level 1)

4 x 91 (2 concerned: 24.5/43 = level 1, 24/43 = level 2)

10 x 90 (7 concerned)

14 x 89 (9 concerned)

11 x 88 (no concerned)

14 x 87 (no concerned)

108 x other (no concerned)

So excluding the 87's & 88's who seem quite happy, and the 2 x 93's who are also happy as they have starting spots, perhaps the problem here is not some bug in concerns but the fact that you were trying to keep 32 players happy by rotating them over 9 starting places?

4 x 92 (2 concerned)

4 x 91 (2 concerned)

10 x 90 (7 concerned)

14 x 89 (9 concerned)

:rolleyes:

I give you credit as you have specified a particular team/ gameworld for us to look at in WC87, however none of these concerns look unjustified or unusual to me, most of them only appeared 6/7 weeks ago (and haven't increased since) and you have done zilch to attempt to deal with any of them.

Frankly it's simply poor management and unfortunately you undermine the complaints of others on this thread by crying wolf over a problem that (for you) doesn't exist (well not any more as you've bailed on the team at the first sign of tough decisions needing to be made :o).

Some of you may feel I'm being harsh, but seriously if this is a typical example of the teams SM are being asked to investigate for suspected "bugs" then it's no surprise they don't take concerns over concerns seriously B)

20 out of 32 of his highest rated players have concerns and that is not decimated? He has 12 players without concerns, I mean: 12. What does decimated mean: 5 players with no concerns in a 11-a-side football?

In this new concern business SM forgot that managed teams need 22 players. I would be more than glad if I could use my best XI for all the matches, but this is just impossible. Championship, cup, shield, SMFA cup: good teams play 3-4 matches every week until the very end of the season and, simply, players cannot play more than 2 games in a row without resting the third game. If we want to enjoy the game and try our best to win a competition, we need 22 decent players. And that's why even starters are now developing concerns: they still play 2/3= 66% of the matches, but not for manager choice.

If this is the way concerns are working now, I see only one solution: turn off the condition.

20 out of 32 of his highest rated players have concerns and that is not decimated? He has 12 players without concerns, I mean: 12. What does decimated mean: 5 players with no concerns in a 11-a-side football?

In this new concern business SM forgot that managed teams need 22 players. I would be more than glad if I could use my best XI for all the matches, but this is just impossible. Championship, cup, shield, SMFA cup: good teams play 3-4 matches every week until the very end of the season and, simply, players cannot play more than 2 games in a row without resting the third game. If we want to enjoy the game and try our best to win a competition, we need 22 decent players. And that's why even starters are now developing concerns: they still play 2/3= 66% of the matches, but not for manager choice.

If this is the way concerns are working now, I see only one solution: turn off the condition.

Agreed. It's completely and totally bonkers. Most premier league squads are this size anyway without having hordes of players demanding to leave. In real life young players would be more than happy to play every cup game and a portion of league games. My 89/90 rated youngsters are revolting because of this, and they're essentially playing for a Barca type squad.

I appreciate 89/90 rated players may not seem like reserves - but these guys ARE getting game time (obviously not enough, 25%-30% league and all cup) in a squad where their seniors are 95-99 rated. A few pages ago I explained that part of the reason we're all using Neymar/Gotze/Alba as reserves/future prospects is because of the limitations of the rating system and fitness. If these players were actually rated as they compare to senior players now they'd be 94,92,93 .etc Now, I happen to like the rating system - but if you're going to ask why Eto'o gets a game ahead of Neymar, it's because of trying to succeed despite the limitations of the game. In real life you'd ditch Eto'o for Neymar in a heartbeat, and you'd win trophies accordingly. In-game, it'll take you years (real time) to see the benefit. Fitness mean that I can't play league and cup with the same team - so who am I supposed to field in the B-games? How far will this go? 75 rated kids?

My setup has gone from having some "hording" (but a necessity due to how the rating system works and match fitness) to loads being concerned in most clubs, even those with the minimum number of players. It's going to just be constant switching of clubs, which may be entertaining/amusing, but it's utterly ridiculous.

If it does eventually get to a point where everybody has an excellent first team because of this, we may then end up in a position where titles are won/lost solely on the random lottery of the match engine. Yippee.

Agreed. It's completely and totally bonkers. Most premier league squads are this size anyway without having hordes of players demanding to leave. In real life young players would be more than happy to play every cup game and a portion of league games. My 89/90 rated youngsters are revolting because of this' date=' and they're essentially playing for a Barca type squad.

[/quote']

I just realised that who's using their real money to buy a big team like Barca or Man City at the beginning of a new season, will need to demolish their team and they'll not be able to improve it.

I got a Man City 6-7 months ago in a brand new English Championship, with all the good players that they have in real life and, without changing much, now, just in the middle of season 2, I have 11 of my best 22 players with concerns about lack of games!

I just realised that who's using their real money to buy a big team like Barca or Man City at the beginning of a new season' date=' will need to demolish their team and they'll not be able to improve it.

I got a Man City 6-7 months ago in a brand new English Championship, with all the good players that they have in real life and, without changing much, now, just in the middle of season 2, I have 11 of my best 22 players with concerns about lack of games![/quote']

THIS, hadn't occurred to me, but surely it's the fundamental evidence that the concerns system simply is not correct. If the game cannot even sustain the real-life teams it gives you then it's obviously highly flawed. This, in addition to the fact that these real life squads rotate less for match fitness makes this ridiculous.

Couple more examples.

Since developing a level 1 concern just a couple of months ago in my Milan team, Alexandre Pato has played 14 out of the last 18 games, and scored 14 goals. He's now a level 4 concerned, and ready to leave. I'm going to lose my 2nd top scorer despite him being in the form of his life.

In my PSV game, I also have a number of concerns, but I thought I'd have a scout about some other teams to see if it's just me. The Norwich team have a 1st team squad of 30 players, and 16 of them are concerned, including a couple of young 87 rated players.

It's a mess now. There's no consistency among set ups, some are hit harder than others, and it's getting to a stage where you'll be forced to have no more than 11 good players in any 1st team squad. In a game where fitness levels dictate major squad rotation, this, for the most part, is simply unworkable, particularly when you're at a top club.

Sadly, I don't see it changing anytime soon. It's certainly dampened my enjoyment of it. I was a big fan of how concerns worked before this, there was simply no need to change it.

Frankly it's simply poor management and unfortunately you undermine the complaints of others on this thread by crying wolf over a problem that (for you) doesn't exist (well not any more as you've bailed on the team at the first sign of tough decisions needing to be made :o).

It is a very large squad in my opinion, if only the 'chairman' at clubs stopped managers signing so many players like they stop us paying silly money for players, hmm.

Just to clear it up for a simple (ie lazy, and yes I don't mind admitting it, not that clever) guy like myself, does it mean that if you have for instance 10, 90 raters, 10, 85 raters and 10, 75 rater ('hot prospects') in a squad which makes the team average 83 (I get it to 83 and a bit) mean that in the above example all the 90 and all the 85 raters would be likely to get concerned about game time as even the 85 raters are above the squad average of 83? If so then it just means that putting the hours in trawling around the net for young player stats is a waste of time and even counter productive to a team.

Was that the idea for introducing player concerns? Concerns should only kick in for 90+ raters regardless of the squad average.

In this new concern business SM forgot that managed teams need 22 players. I would be more than glad if I could use my best XI for all the matches' date=' but this is just impossible. [/quote']

It is a half baked idea I think, done with the best of intentions but it's still wrong as it is.

The closeness of games and player injuries really don't fit it that well with the player concern rules, either play less games or make all (domestic and Euro) cup games free from fatigue and injuries, that would help I think.

My concern problems are due to the fact that I used to like to build a squad of 25 first team players all between 89-91 skill points and rotate them to keep them all fresh, now this is impossible to do so I'm having to re-think things and reduce my first team squads to 17 senior players with 4-5 back up first teamers to pad it out.

All my squad used to get game time but not many of them played in 75% of the games (apart from the goalkeeper)/ I used to log in, look at my next match, check who was 90+ fit and then be free to pick a team and formation that I thought would do well against my opponent, now I can't do this and instead I'm forced to play certain players whether fit or not and this in turn restricts my formation choices, just not as much fun. I might get the hang of it and start to enjoy it again, I'm prepared to give it a bash.

I just didn't think that I was the games problem, but I'm being battered along with the big squad teams, which let's be honest don't make for an enjoyable game world.

I had another load of player concerns on 10th august and just looked today and had another load more!

Is this normal to have more concerns 4 days after the first lot??!!

The whole player concern deal is like The Twilight Zone, nothing makes any sense and anything could happen at any time. Be surprised at nothing!

My gw has a solid group of players.

There are no stupid sized squads with player hogging, it's played the right way, theres now a raft of player concerns in every team.

It adds nothing and there is no point in trying to make players you usually have as back-up "happy", they can leave, most managers seemed to have cottoned on to the fact that they may lose 4 or 5, but they can nab the same calibre in return.

An utterly pointless transfer merry go round, punishing right minded managers to solve the problem of hogging managers.

I look in today in one of my world...see that a other 5 manager have guit today after a next new load off concerns...so i look in there team's to see way the have guit...I'm not suprice I will do the same, some world's are really hit whit concerns, others than where not,or a little bit,there is no line in these concerns...this no longer a joke, this is become way too fwar SM WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ? NOTHING? HOW MANY MORE HAVE TO GUIT?

have take a nice example of one of these managers whit only a 21 strong team , where only 6 players don't have concerns,one is a 78 rb! all the others on level 1-2 and 4, how many game's he play the keep there concerns, and the are still going up,I undestand now way he guit after 4 season, now whe are a turn 5 today from the new season..so in some world's it is inpossible to keep a even 21 strong team!...what a joke..:mad:

90949904.png

even his GK PLAYED A LOT OFF GAME'S STILL ON LEVEL 1...i do not undestand it...also these young players from 80 whit concerns what a joke...from SM,thanks...

94643953.png

I hope really that SM take a look in some world's there is something verry wrong!...and this is really not a joke!..take sometime and see at yourself,how many more , we need ,this is not become fun any more...this is become for say goodbay for always.

as an example of one of these managers with only a 21 strong team' date=' were only 6 players don't have concerns, one is a 78 rb![/quote']

That seems ridiculous to me if even the young players are getting concerns based on game time. Have you checked that they are all game related concerns and nothing to do with wages?

That seems ridiculous to me if even the young players are getting concerns based on game time. Have you checked that they are all game related concerns and nothing to do with wages?

SORRY MY FRIEND ...THE YOUNGH HAVE CONCERNS FOR GAME TIME AND SOME FOR BOTH GAME TIME + WAGE'S...

SOME PLAYERS 90+ HAVE CONCERNS FOR ONLY WAGE's is only KAKA and that other GK ,HIGUIAN..ONLY 6 PLAYERS NOT FROM THE 21...

ALL THE OTHERS ON LEVEL 1-2 AND 4, the where before on 0-1 NOW 1-2 AND THESE ON 3 now TO LEVEL 4.

I look in today in one of my world...see that a other 5 manager have guit today after a next new load off concerns...so i look in there team's to see way the have guit...I'm not suprice I will do the same' date=' some world's are really hit whit concerns, others than where not,or a little bit,there is no line in these concerns...this no longer a joke, this is become way too fwar SM WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ? NOTHING? HOW MANY MORE HAVE TO GUIT?

have take a nice example of one of these managers whit only a 21 strong team , where only 6 players don't have concerns,one is a 78 rb! all the others on level 1-2 and 4, how many game's he play the keep there concerns, and the are still going up,I undestand now way he guit after 4 season, now whe are a turn [b']5[/b] today from the new season..so in some world's it is inpossible to keep a even 21 strong team!...what a joke..:mad:

90949904.png

even his GK PLAYED A LOT OFF GAME'S STILL ON LEVEL 1...i do not undestand it...also these young players from 80 whit concerns what a joke...from SM,thanks...

94643953.png

I hope really that SM take a look in some world's there is something verry wrong!...and this is really not a joke!..take sometime and see at yourself,how many more , we need ,this is not become fun any more...this is become for say goodbay for always.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter what the ratings are, in this particular team Rodriguez Jese is the 3rd best Wing after Ronaldo and Ribery, thus he expects to play a significant number of games, doesn't matter that he's only 80 rated. Alvaro Morata is the 3rd best Fwd, after Ibra and Higuain, thus once again expects a high number of games.

Honestly it doesn't matter what their rating is your back-up is always going to be unhappy, because of their importance to the squad they will expect to play a high number of games.

I give you credit as you have specified a particular team/ gameworld for us to look at in WC87' date=' however [u']none[/u] of these concerns look unjustified or unusual to me, most of them only appeared 6/7 weeks ago (and haven't increased since) and you have done zilch to attempt to deal with any of them.

Some of you may feel I'm being harsh, but seriously if this is a typical example of the teams SM are being asked to investigate for suspected "bugs" then it's no surprise they don't take concerns over concerns seriously B)

You might like to present yourself as some knowledgeable and erudite exponent of the game but I'm afraid you expose yourself as a bit of a prat!

If you had taken the trouble to read my 170 odd comments on this thread you would have realised that I had, in the past, been a staunch supporter of concerns. What I take issue with is the fact that the game, as it has now evolved, is not the one that I signed up to.

So rather than sit around passively and wait for my team to be decimated - yes DECIMATED - because that is what WILL happen in the next three months, I have chosen to implement a strategy that I outlined on this thread last week. I guess you must have missed that.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=2165293#post2165293

Believe me the tough decision has already been made, which was to quit the team that I have spent five years building and to attempt to rebuild that team under a different name. Perhaps it has missed your forensic scrutiny:rolleyes: that Lazio are the other Rome team that play in the same stadium. So, in essence, I haven't gone anywhere. It also appears to have escaped your notice that I have recently sold a number of my best players to externals - with the intention of re-signing them when their transfer bans expire. Voila! I'll build a new team without concerns and play the game under the new rules - for now.

BTW: I have never asked SM to investigate any of my teams for suspected bugs. I know what their game is and the challenge for me is to beat them at it. As for being a "poor manager", I hope you stick around the setup as I look forward to kicking your backside with my new team when the opportunity arises:cool:

I've said it before and I'll say it again' date=' it doesn't matter what the ratings are, in this particular team Rodriguez Jese is the 3rd best Wing after Ronaldo and Ribery, thus he expects to play a significant number of games[/quote']

That makes a kind of sense but I don't think it's right though. Jese doesn't get a sniff at Real Madrid (real world) and I don't suppose he's expecting to play in the first team any time soon, yet I'll bet he's not busting down the managers door demanding more games or threatening to leave (ok, I'm assuming he isn't).

We have to remember that this is a game and it's supposed to be a bit of relaxation and fun and not a constant battle to fend off player concerns ruining your hard transfer/research work.

If the players are confused and don't understand something about the game it's the games fault, not the players. The game needs to be explained more in regards to player concerns.

I do want squad sizes reduced but I don't want the player concern rules in their current form, they are making logging in a chore.

ALL THE OTHERS ON LEVEL 1-2 AND 4' date=' the where before on 0-1 NOW 1-2 AND THESE ON 3 now TO LEVEL 4.[/quote']

Not sure what's going on with this team! So Casillas has played in every game for the last 4 or 5 seasons and he's still not happy? :eek:

Maybe with the new concerns senior players have to play in exactly 75% of your games as they will get concerned if they play less and also concerned if you over work them and make them play in more :D

Do you see how much fun this is becoming! :rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again' date=' it doesn't matter what the ratings are, in this particular team Rodriguez Jese is the 3rd best Wing after Ronaldo and Ribery, thus he expects to play a significant number of games, doesn't matter that he's only 80 rated.[/quote']

Of course it should matter.

If the 3rd choice player was, say, Juan Mata, then yes, I'd expect him to have concerns. That it's a teenage 80-rated player should mean that player is happy to sit on the sidelines and wait for an opportunity.

If I had a team with an average rating of 90+, I would only ever play an 80 rated player in friendlies or meaningless end of season league games. Perhaps the odd cup game. And that player would be perfectly happy with this, given players within the game don't have individual personalities.

And so the farce continues. Another week and another batch of updates. Mario Gotze has been injured for 6 weeks and in that time has gone from no concern to level 3. He is still injured for another week so will probably have to be sold by the time he is fit.

I am playing my unhappy players but still they rise and now my other squad members are getting unhappy as I have dropped them to play the unhappy ones.

I have a 22 man squad all of level ability. For 600 games I have managed to keep them happy by rotating them, now this season I have 14 of them unhappy.

All my hard work to build a squad and now I see it as though u keep 11 of them and buy 11 rubbish players as backup.

I really hate this game at the moment!!

There are to many negatives to post regarding these concerns it's just going to make everything harder but what gets me most is that there isnt much to do on this game except buy players and people are going to be even more hesitant to sell high rated players in two for ones because they know they could well lose one or both players.

I play the game the same way a lot do by buying youth and waiting for them to rise also trading down in two for ones but should i sell the 87s that are getting concerns then the 85s that are now second choice are going to develop concerns so where does it end?

Say I sell everyone get down to a 21 man squad and say i play only my first team which is natural unless a player gets injured will they develop concerns as well again where does it end I could potentially end up with under 21 players or the probable alternative will be the chairman splashing cash to bring in new players but say i am in debt?

I had another load of player concerns on 10th august and just looked today and had another load more!

Is this normal to have more concerns 4 days after the first lot??!!

It seem like SM has make the virtual players happy from this features BUT almost ALL the REAL LIFE MANAGERS getting frustrated. :rolleyes:

Of course it should matter.

I can see both sides of the argument. YES he's third choice winger so would expect some games I suppose, also YES he's an 80 skill point youngster and is clearly only a junior player to the first team boys so should be happy with cleaning the senior pros boots and getting a clip round the ear for his troubles.

To me the second (clean boots + clip round ear) argument feels like it's more right than the other one. I think it's just that the player concern rules are out of control and are running amok and effecting more then they were intended to.