Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

And so the farce continues......I really hate this game at the moment!!

I think this echoes a lot of peoples thoughts about the concern rules' date=' surely something has to change as the new rules are looking like they place managers in a no win situation regarding players.

I can live with player concerns but the game has to remember that if it stops being fun then people will eventually find somewhere else to go, it's a big internet out there.

I'm leaning towards not renewing my membership, but I still have about 200 days left so I'll stick around and try to tough it out, unfortunately it is getting tougher and tougher.

Just to clear it up for SM if they are monitoring;

[b']Simple to understand rules + Easy team management = Fun

Difficult to understand rules + No win team management = No Fun[/b]

I think most people don't want a football manager sim type game they want a quick and easy football game experience, a bit like a Fantasy Football thing were we make our favourite teams no matter how average they are in the real world into world beaters with Messi and Ronaldo in the lineup.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Since developing a level 1 concern just a couple of months ago in my Milan team' date=' [b']Alexandre Pato has played 14 out of the last 18 games[/b], and scored 14 goals. He's now a level 4 concerned, and ready to leave. I'm going to lose my 2nd top scorer despite him being in the form of his life.

18 games = 9 weeks, if Pato has gone from Level 1 to Level 4 in just 9 weeks then that sounds like a bug to me.

I had another load of player concerns on 10th august and just looked today and had another load more!

Is this normal to have more concerns 4 days after the first lot??!!

I guess what we are seeing is that concerns can happen at anytime which is fair enough as long as there is a reasonable interval between reviews for each player; the issue seems to be that some people are reporting concerns increasing more quickly than in the past.

If SM said that every 6 weeks the player would consider whether they had played the expected number of games for their rating/importance to the team then I guess people would be ok with that as from the point of signing they would take 30 weeks (60-ish games) to demand a transfer if their concerns are not addressed.

have take a nice example of one of these managers whit only a 21 strong team ' date=' where only 6 players don't have concerns,one is a 78 rb! all the others on level 1-2 and 4, how many game's he play the keep there concerns, and the are still going up,I undestand now way he guit after 4 season, now whe are a turn [b']5[/b] today from the new season..so in some world's it is inpossible to keep a even 21 strong team!...what a joke..:mad:

Tim I'm interested to know how many games Jese has played last season and in the current season?

If he has played more than 4/5 games and is concerned at lack of games that's a definite sign that what is important is not his rating but his status in the squad.

I've said it before and I'll say it again' date=' it doesn't matter what the ratings are, in this particular team Rodriguez Jese is the 3rd best Wing after Ronaldo and Ribery, thus he expects to play a significant number of games, doesn't matter that he's only 80 rated. Alvaro Morata is the 3rd best Fwd, after Ibra and Higuain, thus once again expects a high number of games.

Honestly it doesn't matter what their rating is your back-up is always going to be unhappy, because of their importance to the squad they will expect to play a high number of games.[/quote']

This is why I've asked how many games they've played - according to SM guidance higher-rated players will expect more games and ordinarily a 80 should be happy with a few sub appearances.

The unusual thing here is that a 80 is 3rd best in that position so the unknown is whether (as you say) concerns are related only to a players importance to the team, or only to their rating?

You might like to present yourself as some knowledgeable and erudite exponent of the game but I'm afraid you expose yourself as a bit of a prat!

I'll take that constructive comment on board' date=' thank you :rolleyes::P

If you had taken the trouble to read my 170 odd comments on this thread you would have realised that I had, in the past, been a staunch supporter of concerns. What I take issue with is the fact that the game, as it has now evolved, is not the one that I signed up to.

Yes your 89's now want to play some games and you can't cope - I felt sorry for you until I saw that you had made no attempt to manage them :confused:

So rather than sit around passively and wait for my team to be decimated - yes DECIMATED - because that is what WILL happen in the next three months' date=' I have chosen to implement a strategy that I outlined on this thread last week. I guess you must have missed that.

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=2165293#post2165293[/url]

I noticed your strop, but as it's the kind of childish approach a ten-year-old might have (no offence 10 yr olds! :o) I dismissed it as a frustrated rant...good luck with your "strategy" :o

BTW: I have never asked SM to investigate any of my teams for suspected bugs. I know what their game is and the challenge for me is to beat them at it. As for being a "poor manager"' date=' I hope you stick around the setup as I look forward to kicking your backside with my new team when the opportunity arises:cool:[/quote']

Part of being a good manager is man-management i.e. addressing player concerns - I have said before that concerns while players are injured or something else buggy-sounding need to be looked at by SM.

However, in your case concerns were only occurring because a so-called "manager" was incapable of assessing which players to keep and which to sell, and so was desperately trying to keep 30+ top players happy by rotating them - when this (unsurprisingly) led to none of them being happy the "manager" jumped ship when he saw an easy way out at the club's biggest rivals.....yep sounds like a top manager to me! ;)

Plus with all the special agreements between managers that you allude to the gameworld sounds a bit too dodgy and club-hopper-ish for my liking :P

The expansion and possible acceleration of concerns is always going to hit hardest those of you who mainly participate in gameworlds that are less than 30% full, as in such gameworlds all the best 89+ players will be at the top 20-ish clubs.

Improved concerns will keep under-used players on the move and make those gameworlds more appealing to new managers making the gameworld fuller and more sociable, which is when SM is at it's best.

I guess some people just prefer to live in ivory towers.... :confused::(:rolleyes:

And so the farce continues. Another week and another batch of updates. Mario Gotze has been injured for 6 weeks and in that time has gone from no concern to level 3. He is still injured for another week so will probably have to be sold by the time he is fit.

I am playing my unhappy players but still they rise and now my other squad members are getting unhappy as I have dropped them to play the unhappy ones.

I have a 22 man squad all of level ability. For 600 games I have managed to keep them happy by rotating them' date=' now this season I have 14 of them unhappy.

All my hard work to build a squad and now I see it as though u keep 11 of them and buy 11 rubbish players as backup.

I really hate this game at the moment!![/quote']

You have perfectly highlighted the improvement that the concern changes bring - before you would've been able to keep more or less the same squad happy for season after season and players would only ever have left on your terms.

Now that concerns have expanded/ accelerated, there is now the chance that (quite rightly) if you don't keep them happy a player will lose morale and ultimately demand a transfer - the players are all of a similar level so they all feel they should play the majority of games which can't happen so concerns are inevitable.

For all of us a strong core of 15/16 who can play the majority of games (with a bit of clever rotation/ sub use) is the way to go, supplemented by some youngsters a few ratings below who don't expect to play as much (but who will expect some game-time).

If you absolutely must have players of similar ability then have your 15/16 who you want to keep long-term and then bring in older players who are the same rating but who you'll be happy to move on after a season or two - I don't have a problem with this as it's what happens in real life.

For anyone who isn't happy at SM getting more realistic then may I point you in the direction of the SM Shop to purchase a custom gameworld where concerns can be turned off and a fantasy-football type game can be enjoyed with £300m cash, no SMFA, very rich economy, no concerns etc etc - SM nirvana for some folk!

At the end of the day concerns only become a problem if SM are implementing them in an unfair/ unrealistic way (for example I 100% agree concerns rising more than one level while injured sounds buggy).

SM understandably don't want to give out the exact formula for keeping players happy, but I do agree that a steer on what a players expectations are based on would be useful - from all I've seen on here I now think it's based on how far down the queue the player is from being the best in their position.

Also, I know we all like a moan but I think some folk are panicking at the first Level 1 concern - for the less important players in your squad they should only need a few games so try it and see what happens - concerns may not be as hard to manage as they say ;):)

Machine, you make some interesting points and seem pretty pro the new concerns levels/issues. It's a different pov from most of us so it is interesting to read.

How do you counter the fact that if you start the game with a Man City (for example), not only will concerns prevent you from improving your squad, you won't even be able to hold on to what you have?

The fact that the game doesn't even allow you to hold onto a squad as it is in real life is the perfect demonstration that the concerns are wrong. The fact that you need to be able to rotate more in-game due to match fitness makes this all the more daft.

A lot of what you say makes good sense and I'm not having a go at you, but I just want to make a few comments on your post :)

I guess what we are seeing is that concerns can happen at anytime which is fair enough as long as there is a reasonable interval between reviews for each player

In real life yes players can get concerned at anytime for many different reasons but this is a game so I think needs a more basic structure that is easier to get a handle on. If I knew that by the end of game turn 10 a new concern update was coming and a few of my players just hadn't made enough appearances I could do something about it and play them a bit more. I don't mind only having 17 top class players but I'm kind of getting a bit of a siege mentality at the moment' date=' thinking along the lines of, there's no way I'm selling any of my 17 as I've been forced to sell the rest.

Top quality players will still become available when managers come in and find that they just can't be bothered with all the work of rotating their squad and leave.

Maybe SM is going about this the wrong way, maybe instead of getting the players to leave a club with concerns they should be trying harder to get the managers to leave the clubs......oh wait a minute, maybe they are. ;)

Improved concerns will keep under-used players on the move and make those gameworlds more appealing to new managers making the gameworld fuller and more sociable, which is when SM is at it's best.

What makes you think that a new player will approach the game any differently to the existing players? They will still want to sign the best players and they'll still not want to have to log in every day to swap their players just to win the concern battle. And like the existing players they will probably soon tire of all this and leave.

For anyone who isn't happy at SM getting more realistic then may I point you in the direction of the SM Shop to purchase a custom gameworld where concerns can be turned off and a fantasy-football type game can be enjoyed with £300m cash' date=' no SMFA, very rich economy, no concerns etc etc - SM nirvana for some folk![/quote']

Not sure too many people will want to give SM any more money, just to prove a point to them, but you are absolutely right.

SM understandably don't want to give out the exact formula for keeping players happy

Why not? What top secret information would they be letting slip? Just tells us when concerns get updated, who is likely to get concerned and how many games a player expects to play in.

Machine' date=' you make some interesting points and seem pretty pro the new concerns levels/issues. It's a different pov from most of us so it is interesting to read.

How do you counter the fact that if you start the game with a Man City (for example), not only will concerns prevent you from improving your squad, you won't even be able to hold on to what you have?

The fact that the game doesn't even allow you to hold onto a squad as it is in real life is the perfect demonstration that the concerns are wrong. The fact that you need to be able to rotate more in-game due to match fitness makes this all the more daft.[/quote']

SM seasons with twice-weekly games last 19/20 weeks (based on 38 games which is probably the case in approx 95% of SM gameworlds).

My logic is that from the start of a SM season if concerns increase every 5 weeks then it will work more or less like this:

5 weeks/ 10 games in: level 1 concern

10 weeks/ 20 games in: level 2 concern

15 weeks/ 30 games in: level 3 concern

20 weeks/ 38 games in: level 4 at end of season

5 weeks of new season/ 10 games in: level 5 and the player is off

It'll therefore take more than a season for players to get so unhappy that they request a transfer - I think this is fair as in real life not many top players will stick around for more than one season if they aren't getting enough playing time.

In SM terms then the trick with a Man City will be to p/ex a couple of the 89's/90's for a 92/93 if you mean improve the team in a ratings sense.

I know people are getting frustrated with this but I'd imagine if you were to speak to Mancini, Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger etc they would LOVE to manage a squad of players who never got the slightest bit unhappy (which is all a level 1 concern is) no matter how little the player was used.

But players aren't mindless in real-life (lol ok some are!), they do get unhappy so what happens is that Mancini moves on his unhappy players BUT he then takes advantage of players who are unhappy at OTHER clubs.

Mancini wouldn't expect to have the same squad one year from now, he'd know it's the nature of the game that players move on.

Someone on here referred to this concerns change as leading to a big unnecessary player transfer merry-go-round - but, er, isn't that exactly what happens in real-life?

In one of my customs the rules I have in place mean that the Man City squad is the same now as it was in January 2011 when the custom started.

So just 18 months on and Given, Taylor, Gonzalez, Nielsen, Cunningham, Chantler, Trippier, Logan, Vidal, Mee, Onuoha, Boateng, Wright-Phillips, Assulin, Weiss, Tutte, Etuhu, McDermott, Bellamy, Poole, Jo, Caicedo, and Ball have ALL gone from that squad.

23 players gone, and of the 28 remaining 17 are the hard-core rated 89+ and the rest are lower-rated who will be content (for now) with cup games or the odd sub appearance.

Since January 2011 Man City have added Aguero, Nasri & Clichy so the current SM real-life Man City squad has 20 players rated 89+.

I'm not a Man City fan but my understanding is that they are looking to sell Adebayor, possibly Tevez etc so in other words Mancini is trying to get his core bunch of guys down to the 17/18 I mentioned earlier.

Manchester United have 20 players rated 89+

Barcelona have 18 players rated 89+

Real Madrid have 19.

Juventus have 17.

Bayern have 18.

Is this all coincidence?

I would suggest not, it's more because only 17-20 top players can get enough regular minutes to be kept happy for any length of time.

Milan now currently have only 14 players rated 89+ as they are in a transition period where they have moved on 5 or 6 oldies - they could have replaced those players gradually over previous seasons to lessen the blow but they didn't so may now be weaker for a season or two until the replacement players do or do not improve.

Now contrast the approach of some on SM who have 30+ players rated 89+ and then are stunned and go nuts when they can't keep them ALL happy ALL of the time! :eek:

I know my comment about playing in customs with concerns turned off might have sounded patronising to some, but seriously it might be the only option for some.

Lol maybe that's the real SM motive - to get all of you who are unhappy with concerns to buy custom leagues where you can turn them off!

SM seasons with twice-weekly games last 19/20 weeks (based on 38 games which is probably the case in approx 95% of SM gameworlds).

My logic is that from the start of a SM season if concerns increase every 5 weeks then it will work more or less like this:

5 weeks/ 10 games in: level 1 concern

10 weeks/ 20 games in: level 2 concern

15 weeks/ 30 games in: level 3 concern

20 weeks/ 38 games in: level 4 at end of season

5 weeks of new season/ 10 games in: level 5 and the player is off

It'll therefore take more than a season for players to get so unhappy that they request a transfer - I think this is fair as in real life not many top players will stick around for more than one season if they aren't getting enough playing time.

In SM terms then the trick with a Man City will be to p/ex a couple of the 89's/90's for a 92/93 if you mean improve the team in a ratings sense.

I know people are getting frustrated with this but I'd imagine if you were to speak to Mancini' date=' Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger etc they would LOVE to manage a squad of players who never got the slightest bit unhappy (which is all a level 1 concern is) no matter how little the player was used.

But players aren't mindless in real-life (lol ok some are!), they [u']do[/u] get unhappy so what happens is that Mancini moves on his unhappy players BUT he then takes advantage of players who are unhappy at OTHER clubs.

Mancini wouldn't expect to have the same squad one year from now, he'd know it's the nature of the game that players move on.

Someone on here referred to this concerns change as leading to a big unnecessary player transfer merry-go-round - but, er, isn't that exactly what happens in real-life?

In one of my customs the rules I have in place mean that the Man City squad is the same now as it was in January 2011 when the custom started.

So just 18 months on and Given, Taylor, Gonzalez, Nielsen, Cunningham, Chantler, Trippier, Logan, Vidal, Mee, Onuoha, Boateng, Wright-Phillips, Assulin, Weiss, Tutte, Etuhu, McDermott, Bellamy, Poole, Jo, Caicedo, and Ball have ALL gone from that squad.

23 players gone, and of the 28 remaining 17 are the hard-core rated 89+ and the rest are lower-rated who will be content (for now) with cup games or the odd sub appearance.

Since January 2011 Man City have added Aguero, Nasri & Clichy so the current SM real-life Man City squad has 20 players rated 89+.

I'm not a Man City fan but my understanding is that they are looking to sell Adebayor, possibly Tevez etc so in other words Mancini is trying to get his core bunch of guys down to the 17/18 I mentioned earlier.

Manchester United have 20 players rated 89+

Barcelona have 18 players rated 89+

Real Madrid have 19.

Juventus have 17.

Bayern have 18.

Is this all coincidence?

I would suggest not, it's more because only 17-20 top players can get enough regular minutes to be kept happy for any length of time.

Milan now currently have only 14 players rated 89+ as they are in a transition period where they have moved on 5 or 6 oldies - they could have replaced those players gradually over previous seasons to lessen the blow but they didn't so may now be weaker for a season or two until the replacement players do or do not improve.

Now contrast the approach of some on SM who have 30+ players rated 89+ and then are stunned and go nuts when they can't keep them ALL happy ALL of the time! :eek:

I know my comment about playing in customs with concerns turned off might have sounded patronising to some, but seriously it might be the only option for some.

Lol maybe that's the real SM motive - to get all of you who are unhappy with concerns to buy custom leagues where you can turn them off!

This works to a point. Man City are trying to offload Adebayor, they aren't trying to sell Tevez - I'm not sure who the other ".etc" are. Mancini is frustrated at losing out to Hazard, he also wants RVP and another CB. This isn't inkeeping with the game.

Chelsea didn't play Lukaku last year hardly and he's on loan this year - I can't do that to my Lukaku without him getting concerns and leaving.

I get your point, but I think the concerns have crossed over a line and have ended up at a point where they do not work, no longer represent real life or help make the game fun.

Machine...

Tim I'm interested to know how many games Jese has played last season and in the current season?

If he has played more than 4/5 games and is concerned at lack of games that's a definite sign that what is important is not his rating but his status in the squad.

don't know it..anymore.:confused:

only can see on that player season 4 = this season turn 5 played 0 GAME'S , no others season in,that manager have that team for 3 season and 5 game's in the 4 season....so don't think he have played before.

have post the others two also that lb/lm 78 whit lack's off game's, and that other young 80 cf whit lack's off game's...have a other chance today also in my team, injuries players up on level 1, like bocchetti have buy him in season 3 played 27 game's+ 8 sub's+6 smfa game's+4 cup's out for 7 weeks in the end of season 3 , and di maria was out for 4 weeks played more than 30 game's in season 3 ,he have a concern when i take the team in season 3 and on the end of the season he have no concerns anymore ...now he have it back,can not play him,see also that cassilles his GK have now a concern for wage's and NOT MORE FOR GAME TIME, his old GK have now a concerns for game time, he have buy him on the end of season 3, played 34 game's in his old club, players for concerns of wage's are now up to level 3 or these on 1 now to 2 or 0 to 1.

164ac.png

A lot of what you say makes good sense and I'm not having a go at you' date=' but I just want to make a few comments on your post :)

In real life yes players can get concerned at anytime for many different reasons but this is a game so I think needs a more basic structure that is easier to get a handle on. If I knew that by the end of game turn 10 a new concern update was coming and a few of my players just hadn't made enough appearances I could do something about it and play them a bit more. I don't mind only having 17 top class players but I'm kind of getting a bit of a siege mentality at the moment, thinking along the lines of, there's no way I'm selling any of my 17 as I've been forced to sell the rest.

Top quality players will still become available when managers come in and find that they just can't be bothered with all the work of rotating their squad and leave.

Maybe SM is going about this the wrong way, maybe instead of getting the players to leave a club with concerns they should be trying harder to get the managers to leave the clubs......oh wait a minute, maybe they are. ;)

Hmmm I'd probably agree with you on this as it wouldn't feel artificial if they labelled it as a monthly "player review" where it's the same as a manager in real life having a formal chat with each of his players :)

What makes you think that a new player will approach the game any differently to the existing players? They will still want to sign the best players and they'll still not want to have to log in every day to swap their players just to win the concern battle. And like the existing players they will probably soon tire of all this and leave.

Ah but to new players who don't know any different it'll just be part of the game ;)

But more importantly, in my experience people stick with a gameworld if they can buy players that they have heard of (generally the better players) or promising youngsters who they have scouted.

So, if concerns "loosen up" a few more 88's/ 89's or make people buy fewer youngsters as they can't afford to give them playing time, and in general reduce squad sizes then there will be more players available of the type that might retain a new manager's interest in the gameworld - whereas just now a lot of gameworlds are "closed shops" to a novice manager as they don't have the players to p/ex and cash is not worth much.

Not sure too many people will want to give SM any more money, just to prove a point to them, but you are absolutely right.

I think we can expect to see most of the unrealistic aspects of SM being offered in customs as time goes by :)

Why not? What top secret information would they be letting slip? Just tells us when concerns get updated, who is likely to get concerned and how many games a player expects to play in.

I suspect it's for the same reason that some on here have said - if SM offered precise figures such as "player X must play X games out of X games" then it would become a maths exercise trying to work it out whereas just now you know that if you play the player enough then eventually the concern will go.

I agree a monthly "player review" where all concerns likely to happen for that month are reported would be good though :)

This works to a point. Man City are trying to offload Adebayor' date=' they aren't trying to sell Tevez - I'm not sure who the other ".etc" are. Mancini is frustrated at losing out to Hazard, he also wants RVP and another CB. This isn't inkeeping with the game.

Chelsea didn't play Lukaku last year hardly and he's on loan this year - I can't do that to my Lukaku without him getting concerns and leaving.

I get your point, but I think the concerns have crossed over a line and have ended up at a point where they do not work, no longer represent real life or help make the game fun.[/quote']

Yes but if RVP comes in then someone somewhere down the line loses out, whether that's Tevez or Aguero or someone further down the pecking order the point is RVP uses minutes someone else was previously getting, and concerns develop accordingly.

Likewise if a CB comes in and dislodges Lescott or Kompany - if either of those 2 were to sit on the bench until Christmas they'd probably be looking to move in January, whereas on SM it'll take at least a full season for them to hit level 5.

Maybe this means that for players rated 90+ concerns should really be faster?! :eek::D

The core of 17-19 that can be kept happy still seems more in keeping with real life than a squad of 27-29, and definitely makes it more fun for those who want gameworlds as full as possible.

Yes but if RVP comes in then someone somewhere down the line loses out' date=' whether that's Tevez or Aguero or someone further down the pecking order the point is RVP uses minutes someone else was previously getting, and concerns develop accordingly.

Likewise if a CB comes in and dislodges Lescott or Kompany - if either of those 2 were to sit on the bench until Christmas they'd probably be looking to move in January, whereas on SM it'll take at least a full season for them to hit level 5.

Maybe this means that for players rated 90+ concerns should really be faster?! :eek::D

The core of 17-19 that can be kept happy still seems more in keeping with real life than a squad of 27-29, and definitely makes it more fun for those who want gameworlds as full as possible.[/quote']

Highly disagree, but I respect your opinion.

The comment about "if you don't like concerns, buy a setup" is flat ignorant. I've been playing for over four years and have built a squad I'm proud of. I'm for concerns but they've become ridiculous, impossible for the game AND unrealistic. I know most of us feel the same.

"definitely makes it more fun for those who want gameworlds as full as possible"... erm, you are aware that you're in the tiny minority with that opinion? My setups have become smaller due to frustrated people leaving. Yes, they'll become more competitive in the sense that everyone can have a great team, and then we'll be relying solely on the match engine for results and trophies. Excellent, I can not wait.

Machine...

don't know it..anymore.:confused:

only can see on that player season 4 = this season turn 5 played 0 GAME'S ' date=' no others season in,that manager have that team for 3 season and 5 game's in the 4 season....so don't think he have played before.

have post the others two also that lb/lm 78 whit lack's off game's, and that other young 80 cf whit lack's off game's...have a other chance today also in my team, injuries players up on level 1, like bocchetti have buy him in season 3 played 27 game's+ 8 sub's+6 smfa game's+4 cup's out for 7 weeks in the end of season 3 , and di maria was out for 4 weeks played more than 30 game's in season 3 ,he have a concern when i take the team in season 3 and on the end of the season he have no concerns anymore ...now he have it back,can not play him,see also that cassilles his GK have now a concern for wage's and NOT MORE FOR GAME TIME, his old GK have now a concerns for game time, he have buy him on the end of season 3, played 34 game's in his old club, players for concerns of wage's are now up to level 3 or these on 1 now to 2 or 0 to 1.

164ac.png

Someone might correct me on this but I think when a player hasn't played at all in a previous season there is no history for them (it doesn't even bother saying 0) whereas it will always give stats for the current season even if they haven't yet played.

Which suggests Jese has never played for Real Madrid, and although he has a concern chances are it'd only take a few appearances to keep him happy.

Going by the SM guide he'll hardly want any playing time being under 21, although with him being 3rd choice it might be higher. I'd probably sub him on at 75 minutes for a few games and see what happens.

Highly disagree' date=' but I respect your opinion.

The comment about "if you don't like concerns, buy a setup" is flat ignorant. I've been playing for over four years and have built a squad I'm proud of. I'm for concerns but they've become ridiculous, impossible for the game AND unrealistic. I know most of us feel the same.

"definitely makes it more fun for those who want gameworlds as full as possible"... erm, you are aware that you're in the tiny minority with that opinion? My setups have become smaller due to frustrated people leaving. Yes, they'll become more competitive in the sense that everyone can have a great team, and then we'll be relying solely on the match engine for results and trophies. Excellent, I can not wait.[/quote']

I would ask how many players you have rated 89+ but sounds like more than 17/18.....this is the problem.

Concerns will allow people to keep their best 17/18 happy all the time - this is realistic as I have shown.

To expect to have the same 30 players all stay happy for much more than a season is unrealistic.

Managers leave gameworlds every day, concerns are a convenient excuse for some.

I'm not touching the "minority" issue again - suffice to say I'm in the minority on this thread but equally the number of anti-concerns contributors on this thread are the minority compared to the forum or SM in general.

Anything any of us say here is ultimately irrelevant:

SM have obviously weighed this up with - number of managers they will lose due to concerns v the number of managers they lose due to player-hogging/ large squads/ cash having little value/ managers refusing to sell players they never play/ near-empty gameworlds - and have decided that those who totally chuck SM because of realistic concerns will be the minority.

I would ask how many players you have rated 89+ but sounds like more than 17/18.....this is the problem.

Concerns will allow people to keep their best 17/18 happy all the time - this is realistic as I have shown.

To expect to have the same 30 players all stay happy for much more than a season is unrealistic.

Managers leave gameworlds every day' date=' concerns are a convenient excuse for some.

I'm not touching the "minority" issue again - suffice to say I'm in the minority on this thread but equally the number of anti-concerns contributors on this thread are the minority compared to the forum or SM in general.

[b']Anything any of us say here is ultimately irrelevant:[/b]

SM have obviously weighed this up with - number of managers they will lose due to concerns v the number of managers they lose due to player-hogging/ large squads/ cash having little value/ managers refusing to sell players they never play/ near-empty gameworlds - and have decided that those who totally chuck SM because of realistic concerns will be the minority.

Which squads use just 17/18 players through a season despite all competitions and injuries?

SM requires you to have essentially 2 teams to be able to play league and cup.

We're now being told that one of these teams will need to be made up of low rated kids, no matter how much success our club has had, money we have or decent players we have.

A "Lukaku" or "Ballotelli" would be content with playing a third of league games and 100% of European and domestic cup games in real life (they'd be lucky to get that). In game they will demand to leave.

This is rubbish.

Which squads use just 17/18 players through a season despite all competitions and injuries?

SM requires you to have essentially 2 teams to be able to play league and cup.

We're now being told that one of these teams will need to be made up of low rated kids' date=' no matter how much success our club has had, money we have or decent players we have.

A "Lukaku" or "Ballotelli" would be content with playing a third of league games and 100% of European and domestic cup games in real life (they'd be lucky to get that). In game they will demand to leave.

This is rubbish.[/quote']

Who said 17/18 players would be enough?

All I said is that with careful management 17/18 is the max number of players anyone should expect to be able to keep happy indefinitely.

You can then have as many other similar rated players as you like, just make sure they're the sort of players who you don't mind losing eventually.

Or, you can have lower-rated back-ups who won't want to play as much (maybe younger folk with potential).

Or, a mixture of both.

Lukaku or Balotelli may develop concerns or may not, it's impossible to say as it'll all depend on who is ahead of them.

If Lukaku has a couple of 90's/91's ahead of him he'll be happy with 33% of games.

In the same scenario Balotelli will not.

Does anyone have a real-life Man City squad where Lukaku is unhappy at lack of games with Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Adebayor and Balotelli ahead of him?

That would seem odd, however if he was 21 then I think any player who could be getting games elsewhere should eventually develop concerns as all players eventually want to find their level and play football.

Someone might correct me on this but I think when a player hasn't played at all in a previous season there is no history for them (it doesn't even bother saying 0) whereas it will always give stats for the current season even if they haven't yet played.

Which suggests Jese has never played for Real Madrid' date=' and although he has a concern chances are it'd only take a few appearances to keep him happy.

Going by the SM guide he'll hardly want any playing time being under 21, although with him being 3rd choice it might be higher. I'd probably sub him on at 75 minutes for a few games and see what happens.[/quote']

you can be right I have post some time ago picture's from youngh players whit concerns,80-83-84/85-86/87 the are all away, played some a few time, others about 6-12 game's,even in cup's and smfa game's,these 86/87 where sandro 87 lb and sime 86 rb, all though the are the second in line on that postion ,the seen to be happy played about 10-12 game's and some sub's, before the have only played if the others where not fit, or have a injuried, or als sub.

Machine, the main point you seem to be missing is that players at the top level regularly play Sat-Wed-Sat, particularly in weeks when the Champions League is in play.

Due to the fitness levels of the players in this game, this isn't possible meaning that squad rotation is an absolute necessity.

The older concerns worked perfectly in tandem with this. It allowed you to keep a comfortable squad size of around 25 players, and while one or two players would invariably develop a concern or two, this was manageable.

It simply isn't manageable having 16 players with concerns, more in some cases.

The weird thing is, I have a good few teams with squads of over 30 players, none of whom have concerns. For example, Seydou Keita (90 rated) in my Celtic game has played just 4 out of the 28 games available this season (I'm going to sell him anyway as his rating will drop), but he's not even a level 1 concern. In fact, the only player to have a concern in the whole squad is Varmaelen, who's played in every match possible.

But there's nothing wrong...

it would become a maths exercise trying to work it out whereas just now you know that if you play the player enough then eventually the concern will go.

I would be happy with that, as at least I'd know what was happening with concerns. They haven't been keeping us informed very well I don't think, some game worlds seem to be hit harder than others, it all looks like a mess.

It wouldn't have to be any extra work for the players if the game added an extra option to the statistics view from the squad page, the onus really is on them to put the effort in anyway I think.

Do you know what? I give in. I quit.

I run a small film company, we're about to launch a feature and this game has now become unmanageable for me. Trying to contend with these concerns and watching my team slowly die isn't fun.

I've been playing this game since Feb 12th 2008, 609 games - 1613pts.

I've loved building a great squad and dominating my gameworld. Lots of trophies and success. I've had issues with various elements of the game, most critically the match system and stadium building. The ratings system and the building of a squad got me past this.

I have 129 days of Gold membership left, I'm not threatening to not renew - I'm fully quitting right now.

Thanks for the memories SM, and I do hope the game eventually becomes workable again for those who stick with it.

As mentioned before, I too have has enough of a team I have managed for 600+ games, however I have decided to sell all of my good players externally and will waste all of my money I have built up on replacing them with low rated players so if another person took over they don't get the benefit of all my hard work.

As mentioned before' date=' I too have has enough of a team I have managed for 600+ games, however I have decided to sell all of my good players externally and will waste all of my money I have built up on replacing them with low rated players so if another person took over they don't get the benefit of all my hard work.[/quote']

I don't mind them getting my team, it's got a 95 rated first team average and a billion in the bank. It's never been as competitive as a GC, but usually half full, dips down to 25% at times. I am going to get a lot more work done and it's the unworkable level of concerns that's given me the push to do it.

Concerns in the last couple of years has made my game worlds competitive, I've benefited in some cases; whilst lost out in others.

however, in the last couple of weeks; its unbelievable how the Concerns systems evolved. I got players who have been on concerns level 1. so i played them for 15 games in a row (league only 22 game season), but the Concerns for these players have still got up to levels 2 and 3. any for some reason those you have been dropped for 15 games have no concerns.

however' date=' in the last couple of weeks; its unbelievable how the Concerns systems evolved. I got players who have been on concerns level 1. so i played them for 15 games in a row (league only 22 game season), but the Concerns for these players have still got up to levels 2 and 3. any for some reason those you have been dropped for 15 games have no concerns.[/quote']

It doesn't fill you with confidence does it. All I want is for the game to give us an explanation of how things work so we know how to use the new rules.

Because we can't actually talk to players or their agents as you perhaps would in the real world with real players we need a more simplistic game world approach which represents this kind of thing, and I think if the game told us how to avoid players getting more concerned we could get back to concentrating on team formations and tactics for games.

I know that the concern messages kind of do this but as I for one don't understand them sufficiently in regards to who will get concerned, what interval they will be reassessed and how many games is enough for them, they simply aren't enough and kind of make things worse by spreading panic amongst managers who then feel they aren't able to do anything about them.

If the players of a game don't fully understand the rules of a game, the game is at fault for not explaining itself clearly enough.

I don't expect SM to change or be more cooperative with their paying customers as they just don't seem that bothered really. It's kind of like how banks are only interested (and give the best deals to) in new customers and ignore the ones they've already got.

I think that there will be winners and losers from the new hard-ass player concerns, the winners will be the dedicated managers who log in most days but currently don't have any of the big names in their line ups and the losers will be the ones who do currently have some or most of the big names at the moment.

I think the new rules will produce more examples of teams playing the same 11 players game in and game out and all or most of them down to less than 10% fitness as the manager either isn't that bothered or is too scared to rest them in case they become unhappy. Is that what the game is wanting to happen? Doesn't seem very realistic to me.

The game may attract more short term managers who stay for at most one season and then move on but it will lose (perhaps permanently) a lot of established managers.

But will the new short term managers want to pay to play? That's the 64k dollar question SM.

just quit my two major teams from the normal leagues.. one barcelona team and one real madrid team played 318 games with my barcelona team and 380 games with my real madrid side..

the only games i will now play in are custom worlds with concerns switched off.

Congratulations SM.. you have done a fantastic job destroying yoour own game.. and i really doubt i will renew my gold membership.. Only reason why i might is because i own 5 of my own leagues..

Part of being a good manager is man-management i.e. addressing player concerns - I have said before that concerns while players are injured or something else buggy-sounding need to be looked at by SM.

It's pretty laughable that you think "man-management" is a factor in this game as there is in fact no such thing. What this game has always been about is player rotation' date=' allowing the most successful managers to put out the best available team in all competitions. Unfortunately that is no longer an option because of the ill thought out escalation of concerns. The only option now, as others have pointed out, is to play your best eleven whenever they're fit and half a dozen others when they're not. Where's the challenge in that?[/color']

However, in your case concerns were only occurring because a so-called "manager" was incapable of assessing which players to keep and which to sell, and so was desperately trying to keep 30+ top players happy by rotating them - when this (unsurprisingly) led to none of them being happy the "manager" jumped ship when he saw an easy way out at the club's biggest rivals.....yep sounds like a top manager to me! ;)

I knew full well "which players to keep and which to sell". In fact, I decided on a policy that involved selling a number of quality players to externals where I could buy them back at a later date. The reason I "jumped ship", as you put it, is because I was offered the job at another club in the same city, playing at the same stadium and saw an opportunity to manage a good young team with minimal concerns and 300 million in cash. As for being a top manager, I'll let my results speak for themselves. After all isn't that the criteria? If you hadn't bailed out of the setup without playing a game you would have seen that my Lazio went up against my old Roma team in their first home game under my management and won - despite being significantly outmatched - with a club record attendance of more than 80,000 to boot. That now gives me 1,506 points in 659 games at an average of 2.29 points per game which is by far the best in the 'Best Game World Managers Of All Time' list.

Plus with all the special agreements between managers that you allude to the gameworld sounds a bit too dodgy and club-hopper-ish for my liking :P

Excuse me but I must have missed alluding to "special agreements between managers". As for club-hopping, I haven't seen too much of that up to now. Unless of course you're referring to yourself bailing out without playing a single match:p

The expansion and possible acceleration of concerns is always going to hit hardest those of you who mainly participate in gameworlds that are less than 30% full, as in such gameworlds all the best 89+ players will be at the top 20-ish clubs.

In fact the gameworld that we have been discussing is currently 57.50% full, which is about the lowest it has been for some time, which kind of shoots your argument out of the water doesn't it?

Excessive concerns will keep players on the move alright. As to whether or not these gameworlds will fill up i sincerely doubt. It is more likely that you will get a higher churn of newbies and a mass exodus of established members, which does not seem particularly conducive to an increase in sociability to me.

I guess some people just prefer to live in ivory towers.... :confused::(:rolleyes:

And some people just can't see the wood for the trees.

I don't know why I continue to rise to the bait. Two things are obvious: firstly, that you're a wind-up merchant and secondly that you have too much time on your hands. Perhaps you should spend a bit more time worrying about your own teams and be less concerned with the way other managers play the game.