• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Forum Dream Team at least a couple of us should have access though - in case of abscences.

Re: Forum Dream Team not sure about differnet roles, the more complex this is the more likely it is to fail - plus everyone should be entilted to nominate players, scout etc. I see the inital managem

Re: Forum Dream Team Heres the format to get us started There are 15 members of SM Forum FC They are, in order they joined:- 1. Edmoses 2. SwanseaJack 3. Ashh 4. Pazzano 5. Dan DG17 6. The Ca

Re: Forum Dream Team

I think it's a tad complicated but I've got a different Idea. You can only buy players whose surname begin with the first letter of your first/second name. So for example my team would have to be made up of players who begin with the letter S or C. Akcent's would be A or G and so on. Feedback?

Interesting. Actually, i like this idea and would prefer this.

It might be better if we were in groups of 1 ...

if everyones cool with that then its fine.

How do we go about choosing sides? Although we would all have div 1 sides theres a massive fiancial differnence between Man U and say Portsmouth - bearing in mind we would all be buying and selling lots of players. Obvious I know but do we get random sides throught that on line randometer site thing?

;934357']

Can I Join?

i dont see why not.

We are discussing how the gameworld will work at present:-

1. Do we have a team each or should we co manage in pairs?

2. Should our squads only consist of players whose surname begins with one of our own inititals (as EdMoses I must have a squad of players whos surnames begin with either E or M)

3. Or would we prefer to pick four surnames and have a squad made up of entirely those surnames bar four star players (so if you choose Ronaldo, Sanchez, Smith and Ferguson for instance all of your squad would consist of players whose surnames were either Ronaldo, Sanchez, Smith or Ferguson plus four ther players who could be called anything - referred to as "star" players.

4. Hopw do we decide who has which team in Div 1?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this was a long time ago but what a great idea it was and what a shame it never kept going , this was what i came on the forum for before EC5579 and looking back at the original members this seems to be the backbone to that set-up with Ed, Higgy , Swansea jack , Campbell , me and chewis all involved in this.

One day hopefully someone picks up on this thread and thinks what a great idea i want to have a go at it , and they will hopefully get far futher than we did :)

I know this was a long time ago but what a great idea it was and what a shame it never kept going ' date=' this was what i came on the forum for before EC5579 and looking back at the original members this seems to be the backbone to that set-up with Ed, Higgy , Swansea jack , Campbell , me and chewis all involved in this.

One day hopefully someone picks up on this thread and thinks what a great idea i want to have a go at it , and they will hopefully get far futher than we did :)[/quote']

Ye, hopefully in the future someone picks up a similar idea and it does work. It was quiet a decent team actually, and i'm sure whoever is with Sunderland has built a strong squad from the resources we've given them.

I wouldn't want Lewis anywhere near any future Dream Team.

I've always thought it would work better, if there was only a few managers, but all of which always active and some of the ledgends on the forum. For example Me, You, Higgy, Diego, Bail & Ed with something similar.

I'd certainly join, and i'm sure a few more will if someone takes a leading foot in this, but it's just a matter of someone doing exactly that.

Guest Higgy

Ye' date=' hopefully in the future someone picks up a similar idea and it does work. It was quiet a decent team actually, and i'm sure whoever is with Sunderland has built a strong squad from the resources we've given them.

I wouldn't want Lewis anywhere near any future Dream Team.

I've always thought it would work better, if there was only a few managers, but all of which always active and some of the ledgends on the forum. For example Me, You, Higgy, Diego, Bail & Ed with something similar.

I'd certainly join, and i'm sure a few more will if someone takes a leading foot in this, but it's just a matter of someone doing exactly that.[/quote']

Exactly Aidan, I'd be up for giving it another go..

Exactly Aidan' date=' I'd be up for giving it another go..[/quote']

We do need Ed involved really, as i suppose we could use the same account.

I suppose we just need to stay commited, if we give it another shot but i'd start it exactly like we did with the other one. In an English Championship, and preferably in Divison 1 at a smaller club (Like Sunderland).

Guest Higgy

We do need Ed involved really' date=' as i suppose we could use the same account.

I suppose we just need to stay commited, if we give it another shot but i'd start it exactly like we did with the other one. In an English Championship, and preferably in Divison 1 at a smaller club (Like Sunderland).[/quote']

Agreed, although I wouldn't mind a La Liga challenge.

We do need Ed involved really' date=' as i suppose we could use the same account.

I suppose we just need to stay commited, if we give it another shot but i'd start it exactly like we did with the other one. In an English Championship, and preferably in Divison 1 at a smaller club (Like Sunderland).[/quote']

I'd be up for getting it going again as well guys, quite enjoyed it before!

Agreed' date=' although I wouldn't mind a La Liga challenge.[/quote']

Dream on :P Maybe if the majority of the forum was Spanish, but it aint. ;)

I'd be up for getting it going again as well guys' date=' quite enjoyed it before![/quote']

Glad you'll be up for it aswell.

The only thing that was the problem last time, was getting the majority of the vote for certain decisions. I think that instead of voting for percantages, we should do voting for set times. That way we could get decisions in on time, and solve argueing on the thread.

I'd say a 24 hour time limit for each decision, but if the majority of the forumers vote for one option before then, then that will be the decision.

Is this ok?

Guest Higgy

Dream on :P Maybe if the majority of the forum was Spanish' date=' but it aint. ;)[/Quote']

What does nationality have to do with a challenge? :confused:

The only thing that was the problem last time' date=' was getting the majority of the vote for certain decisions. I think that instead of voting for percantages, we should do voting for set times. That way we could get decisions in on time, and solve argueing on the thread.

I'd say a 24 hour time limit for each decision, but if the majority of the forumers vote for one option before then, then that will be the decision.

Is this ok?[/quote']

Sounds great.

What does nationality have to do with a challenge? :confused:

Well following the Spanish league. But i'm sure a lot of us would prefer to start the dream team in an English Championship.

I think that the 24 hour rule should be applied then. Should i start another thread, for the 2nd attempt, so we can start a new chapter :)

Dream on :P Maybe if the majority of the forum was Spanish' date=' but it aint. ;)

The only thing that was the problem last time, was getting the majority of the vote for certain decisions. I think that instead of voting for percantages, we should do voting for set times. That way we could get decisions in on time, and solve argueing on the thread.

Is this ok?[/quote']

Yeah interesting idea, would mean some decisions people aren't happy with but its there fault for not paying attention and it would mean the team would move on a lot quicker, so yes!

Guest Higgy

Well following the Spanish league. But i'm sure a lot of us would prefer to start the dream team in an English Championship.

I still don't see what that has to do with it, I don't think there's a single Italian in the GC 117 Serie B Challenge, yet the league is packed with forumers..

I still don't see what that has to do with it' date=' I don't think there's a single Italian in the GC 117 Serie B Challenge, yet the league is packed with forumers..[/quote']

Ok, most non-gm's fill the more space of there club slots in EC's then in Italian or Spanish championships.

We'll have a vote then.

I'll make a new thread listing the four that's already interested, and hopefully we'll get some good new members as J_C said, but we wont be recrueting every interested member.