|My Aim:- Make Real Betis the Biggest team in Spain|Match Report and Transfer Gossip

liverpool_rule

9128999.jpg

RealBetisHSS0809.gifaway-08-09-300x300.jpg

Ramon_Sanchez_Pizjuan.jpg

Real Betis- The journey begins. From Division 2 to Division 1

Hi everybody. I took this Betis side about two and a half months ago and I have been neglecting it (Playing unfit players, not buying enough risers etc) and my league position is not the best at the moment. I currently am 4th in the league after 27 games with 55 points.- 3 behind league leaders recreativo.

I decided to start this new thread to try and stay as active as I can with this Betis side and hopefully gaining promotion this season.

My squad is very good at the moment

current line up after deals will go through tonight

|???|

Johnson Vermaelen Van Der Weil Evra

Arshavin Palacios Essien Di Maria

Torres Pato

Bench: Lennon Elia Kjaer Bassong and a few risers

I've placed most of my other fringe players on the transfer list and i'm hoping to get around £90-100 million.

I'm waiting for the EPL rating to take place then I can sell these 3 spurs players and hopefully bring in more quality to the team.

Re: |My Aim:- Make Real Betis the Biggest team in Spain|Match Report and Transfer Gos

Essien set to swap England for sunny Spain

chelseahead_516x350_31226a.jpg

Michael Essien set to sign for Parker's Betis revolution

Real Betis have officially released a statement on their website announcing that they are close to completing the signing of DM Michael Essien. The Ex Lyon man is discussing personal terms before officially being declared a Real betis player. The statement said:-

"Real Betis are very proud to comfirm that we are in negotiations with Michael Essien after reaching an agreement with Chealsea. Essien will be declared a Betis player if he successfully passes the medical tomorrow morning. The club won't comment any further until the deal goes through"

Sources suggest that the deal might be as high as £35 million being paid in straight cash. Parker has always expressed his desires to bring Essien to the Manuel Ruíz de Lopera. When he first took over the club nearly three months ago he articulated that he wanted a top defensive midfielder to protect the back four. When asked who was the type of player he was looking for, his answer was

"A player in the mould of michael Essien. A player with great physique, great athleticism, great speed and a player who will give 100% in every game he plays."

It looks like Parker got his wish and now all he needs is a top class centre back to pull it all together. With the likes of Torres, Reina, Evra, Pato and now Essien all that's needed to push for a promotion place is a rock at the back. A relieable character who will bring stability to the back four and help the team keep as many clean sheet as possible. Players like Terry, Chellini and Vidic have all sounded out but the Betis manager is playing his cards close to his chest and not letting anybody know who might be the next guy coming in.

Re: |My Aim:- Make Real Betis the Biggest team in Spain|Match Report and Transfer Gos

Italian international De Rossi trades his beloved Roma for Real Betis

VHwjyU7sWadp2sigOFM1sP6e_400.jpg

Daniele De Rossi the latest big name player to arrive

Daniele De Rossi is the latest player to arrive at the Manuel Ruíz de Lopera. The Italian playmaker is set to leave his boyhood club Roma in order to save them from going into much debt. The fee accepted is believed to be in the region of £28.5 million. At 26 many people believe there is lots more to come from the midfielder who is being touted to be Essien centre mid partner with Palacios operating just behind them. De Rossi revealed that it wasn't his decision to leave the Giallorossi quoting that the job was being done behind his back but says that he's relishing joining such a fantastic club as Real Betis.

"Of course I gutted to be leaving the team that I supported as a boy but there was nothing I could do. The job was being done behind my back and I had to accept that the club needed to sell me in order to stay in a healthy position. It pains me to see how Roma have been dealing in transfers firstly Aquilani to Liverpool and now me to Real Betis. I just have to keep my chin up and move into a different chapter in my life and this will be with Real Betis- A team with fantastic players and a team going in the right direction"

Accoding to reports in Italy Betis have also placed bids for another two players and they could just make it in time to take part in tonight's game against Real Sociedad

Sebastian Frey moves to Real Betis for an undisclosed fee of around £15 million

0+sebastien+frey+fiorentina+barcellona.jpg

Real Betis have added 29 year old goalkeeper Sebastian Frey to their squad. After the recent sale of Neuer the club were quick to find a replacement and it came in the form of former french no1 Frey. Frey has put pen to paper on a 3 year contract believed to be worth around £45,000 per turn. The club released a statement earlier this mornng confirming that they managed to aquire the services of Frey. This was what he had to say on his first day with the club

"It's an honour to have signed for a club like Betis who have been attracting world class players and I hope I can help them to push for promotion this season. Having players like Torres, Pato, Essien, De Rossi and others made my decision easy as I've always wanted to play in a team full of world class players"

Betis run Riot as they leave Aibar with a 6-0 victory

Division 2 match

Saturday 28 Nov 2009

Venue: Ipurúa

Capacity:5,250

Attendance:4,125

Refree: Fritz Stuchlik

mem69444-2008090716384810441.jpg 0-6 betisseville_.gif

E.Elia (2)

J.Fernando Torres (25), (40)

A.Lennon (41)

D.De Rossi (70)

A.Pato (76)

Possession

30% -70%

Total Shots

13 -28

Shots On Target

9 -10

Corners

9 -3

Yellow Cards

1 -1

Red Cards

0 -1

torres460.jpg

Fernando Torres after scoring his second goal of the match

Real Betis showed that they are back on track and are ready to fight to get promotion to the top flight of Spannish football. The new looked Real Betis side had 6 new faces to show and the team from seville proved too stong for Aibar to cope with.

The game started tremendously well for Real Betis forcing Aibar on the back foot from the offset. Fernando Torres had his shot tipped over the bar only 30 seconds in the game. A minute later the visitors took the lead thanks to Michael Essien brilliant cross field pass which led to Elia being through with the keeper one on one. Elia applied the finish brilliantly and Betis had the early lead that they deserved. The pressure kept pilling up and Zigor the Aibar goalkeeper was being forced into a lot of saves in the first 10 minutes. First tipping De Rossi's shot, Then saving Pato's header. The Aibar defence looked shellshocked and couldn't live with the passing of Real Beits. They did however create a glorious chance on the 19th minute but a superb save from Frey made sure that his team were still in the lead. Betis pressed on for the second goal and it came on the 25th minute. Pato skipped past 3 players then found Torres in space at the back post and picked him out inch perfect and Torres had a tap in. It wasn't going to get an easier for Aibar. Betis moved up another gear and before the break they found themselves 4-0 up. Firstly Torres scoring a long range screamer on the 40th minute before Lennon made it four a minute later.

The second half started the same way as the first half ended. Aibar trying to keep the score to a minimum and Betis trying to score as many as they could. De Rossi was masterful in everything he done on the night and was rewarded with a debut goal when he found himself with a free header from a corner and he didn't miss from 6 yards out. He ran towards the Betis fans and kissed the badge to show how much he was enjoying himself at his new club. Fernando Torres was then subbed off for Di Maria to come on and the substitute made a big impact on Betis's sixth goal. He took control of the ball from his own half and dribbled past four defenders before setting Pato for his first goal for the club. Minutes later Elia got sent off for a lunge on Alana and Parker was furious with his winger for doing that. Betis still controlled the last few minutes and Pato had a chace to double his tally but a clearence from Annibarro kept the score down to 6-0.

This win leaves Betis in 3rd place after 29 games played, They are currently on 61 points. 3 behind leaders Recreativo and 1 behind Girona. Next up for Real Betis is a home game against 7th placed Huesca.

Line Up's

Aibar- (4-4-2)

- G Zigor F Raul Garcia M Ivan Romero A Alana T Anibarro R lombrana D Ismodes Y Carmelo R Carlier A Yague F Sutil

Eibar Substitutes

J Urzelai A Lopez Rekarte L Codina B Natxo Insa J Cases

Real Betis- (3-5-2)

S.frey, G.Johnson, E.Tiago Silva, P.Evra, D.De Rossi, A.Lennon, A.Arshavin, M.Essien, E.Elia, J.Fernando Torres, A.Pato

Real Betis Substitutes

S.Kjaer, W.Palacios, A.Di Maria, T.Vermalean, J.Pasotre

• 4 weeks later...

Real Betis going back where they belong

pd1808498.jpg

The Betis fans estatic after seeing their team win division 2 by goal difference

Real Betis have clinched the division 2 title on the last day of the season with a narrow 2-1 victory over Girona. Before the game Betis knew that it would take something big from Recreativo to win the league as they needed a 10 goals difference to overtake Betis at the top of the table. Coming in the second half of the season Betis looked down and out to make it into the play offs after losing 9 games and drawing 5 in their opening 20 games meaning they only won 6 games and had only 23 points going in the back end of the season. But then it all happened Parker brought in players such as Pato, Torres, De Rossi, Terry, Evra, Essien, Frey and Arshavin and it all clicked together for the Seville based side. Betis went on a storming 18 wins in a row to seal the secunda title.

It was a nerve wrecking day for the Betis fans as they saw Recreativo score 7 goals in the first half meaning they only needed 3 more to overtake Betis at the top of the table. Parker had to thank Seville Atletico as they came out the second half and managed to keep a clean sheet meaning that the 2 goals from Torres were going to be enough for Betis to win the division 2 title.

The two-nil lead that Betis had going in at the break was reduced a minute after the restart when Raul Martin pulled one back for the visitors and it had to be the slowest time had ever gone by for the Betis fans. Their team looked shaky and mistakes were being made all over the park and they couldn't keep hold of the ball. They couldn't even put five passes together. Nobody looked like they wanted the ball and Parker was furious on the touchline. He was trying to get his team to calm down and start playing football like he knows his team can play but it wasn't happening. Girona who were looking to get in the play offs grew in confidence but couldn't caputalise on the glorious chance to draw level on the 85th minute. It was well worked down the wings and the cross came in with lots of pace and all Raul Martin had to do was to direct his header on target from 5 yards out but somehow he managed to miss the target completely sending the ball in the middle stands. The fans took as long as the could to give the ball back and thankfully they saw their side keep Girona at bay for the lasy 5 minutes to take the title back to the Manuel Ruíz de Lopera.