Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

Lensois

Re: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

What happened to Giovinco?

I thought he was a really good player and future 90+:confused:

Why he's not playing?

Not good enough for a big side like Juventus unfortunately.

As for Juventus their main problem are the 3 DM's. Melo' date=' Sissoko and Poulsen. To say they cannot pass is a massive understatement. Their best players have been Diego, Marchisio, laquinta and Candreva. All the rest nee to be replaced.

First off they need a new RB. Grygera and Zebina just aren't good enough and hardly have any legs left to gallop forward. It's astonishing to look at the number of games these 2 have played. Chiellini has had a really poor season and gets turned way to easily and gets caught out positionally. Part of the reason of course might be because of playing alongside Cannavaro who's been garbage all season long. It realy was a backward step when Juve did sign him despite the fact that it was a free. Caceres has been flop and has played badly no matter where he has played and should go back to Barcelona next season I hope. On the left I was glad to see De Ceglie get his chances. Much better than Grosso and provides some threat going forward as well. So basically they need 3 new defenders. I believe Cristico and Bonucci have been linked with them and them 2 should be good signings from what I've heard about the duo.

Now to their main issue, the midfield. And as I said before none of them can pass with Melo being the worst of the lot. I heave a sigh of releif when Marchisio starts I can tell you. Diego hardly gets any service to him and when he does he usually has no one to pass to. Up front more often than not is Amauri who offers next to no movement and most of the times the only pass that would be on is down the left to De Ceglie. laquinta is by far their best forward but a bit too injury prone to be relied upon.

I hope Juventus play something along the lines of

[center']Buffon

??? - Bonucci - Chiellini - Cristico

Marchisio - Poulsen

Candreva - - - - - - - De Ceglie

Diego

Suarez[/center]

Poulsen is the best of a horrible lot so put him up there. Would be great to see Suarez there but might be wishful thinking:(. Hopefully the Juventus officials look through the video of the Ajax Vs Juve match and see Suarez tearing Chiellini to shreds. When you have a playmaker as good as Diego you can't play donkeys like Amauri upfront.

This is from watching around 15 Juve games. Any thoughts from the experts round here?

Not good enough for a big side like Juventus unfortunately.

As for Juventus their main problem are the 3 DM's. Melo' date=' Sissoko and Poulsen. To say they cannot pass is a massive understatement. Their best players have been Diego, Marchisio, laquinta and Candreva. All the rest nee to be replaced.

First off they need a new RB. Grygera and Zebina just aren't good enough and hardly have any legs left to gallop forward. It's astonishing to look at the number of games these 2 have played. Chiellini has had a really poor season and gets turned way to easily and gets caught out positionally. Part of the reason of course might be because of playing alongside Cannavaro who's been garbage all season long. It realy was a backward step when Juve did sign him despite the fact that it was a free. Caceres has been flop and has played badly no matter where he has played and should go back to Barcelona next season I hope. On the left I was glad to see De Ceglie get his chances. Much better than Grosso and provides some threat going forward as well. So basically they need 3 new defenders. I believe Cristico and Bonucci have been linked with them and them 2 should be good signings from what I've heard about the duo.

Now to their main issue, the midfield. And as I said before none of them can pass with Melo being the worst of the lot. I heave a sigh of releif when Marchisio starts I can tell you. Diego hardly gets any service to him and when he does he usually has no one to pass to. Up front more often than not is Amauri who offers next to no movement and most of the times the only pass that would be on is down the left to De Ceglie. laquinta is by far their best forward but a bit too injury prone to be relied upon.

I hope Juventus play something along the lines of

[center']Buffon

??? - Bonucci - Chiellini - Cristico

Marchisio - Poulsen

Candreva - - - - - - - De Ceglie

Diego

Suarez[/center]

Poulsen is the best of a horrible lot so put him up there. Would be great to see Suarez there but might be wishful thinking:(. Hopefully the Juventus officials look through the video of the Ajax Vs Juve match and see Suarez tearing Chiellini to shreds. When you have a playmaker as good as Diego you can't play donkeys like Amauri upfront.

This is from watching around 15 Juve games. Any thoughts from the experts round here?

I agree with most of your points. I would go even further in saying that Diego has been a disappointment as well. We all know what an amazing player he can be. Obviously Turin wasn't the right place for him. Candreva has been okay, but not decisive. Also, very keen observation on why Chiellini has been under par. I'm pretty sure that they'll keep Caceres for another season. Not sure if Delneri will play him, but he does like his CBs big and fast.

As for their formation and new manager, I wrote the following in another thread:

Delneri at Juventus can only do better than anything they have produced this season. His focus on overall team organization, disciplined defense, box-to-box midfielders and strong wing play will fit perfectly at Juventus. Let's hope he gets the players he wants. They need a serious overhaul! Unless he changes his usual 4-4-2 to a 4-4-1-1 (which he did use successfully at Atalanta), I can't see Diego staying in Turin. No way they will ever convert him to a traditional box-to-box midfielder.

My point is simply, if Juventus and Delneri want to keep Diego then a 4-4-2 won't do.

Delneri likes Ziegler at LB a lot. I would, like you, prefer Criscito. I would really like to see Vargas as their left sided wing, but he is hot property this summer. Maybe it's time to cash in on Buffon and buy Marchetti.

Juventus also have quite a few co-ownership deals that could be resolved this summer with players that have been great for their respective teams. We're talking Lanzafame, Palladino and Almrion (the latter is only on loan at Bari).

I've got a question on Andrea Poli's long term prospects. I see on the first page you don't have him included to rise' date=' although I would guess 87/88 would have been my guess from him. Any ideas on his possibility of hitting 90 at some time soon. Does he have any class about him, or is he just someone who is getting games and won't hit 90 anytime soon? :) Is he any good, nevermind the SM ratings?[/quote']

I'm a huge fan of Poli. I followed him from Samp's primavera side to Sassuolo and their first season in Serie B. He is something special! Regarding him hitting 90. I wouldn't hold my breath. He has the potential to hit 90, but we're talking in two season's time if everything goes his way.

There is the added question mark to whether the new coach at Sampdoria will use Poli. They have a plethora of talented midfielders in house and they own Sammarco, Dessena and Koman as well.

He'll definitely get a rise. Plenty of game time and the best midfielder besides Palombo. Most likely to 87.

I agree with most of your points. I would go even further in saying that Diego has been a disappointment as well. We all know what an amazing player he can be. Obviously Turin wasn't the right place for him. Candreva has been okay' date=' but not decisive. Also, very keen observation on why Chiellini has been under par. I'm pretty sure that they'll keep Caceres for another season. Not sure if Delneri will play him, but he does like his CBs big and fast.

As for their formation and new manager, I wrote the following in another thread:

My point is simply, if Juventus and Delneri want to keep Diego then a 4-4-2 won't do.

Delneri likes Ziegler at LB a lot. I would, like you, prefer Criscito. I would really like to see Vargas as their left sided wing, but he is hot property this summer. Maybe it's time to cash in on Buffon and buy Marchetti.

Juventus also have quite a few co-ownership deals that could be resolved this summer with players that have been great for their respective teams. We're talking Lanzafame, Palladino and Almrion (the latter is only on loan at Bari).[/quote']

I am not quite sure on Delneri's management style but being massive fan of Diego I believe if Juve build their side around him with CM's supplying him things could turn around. I like Candreva(Are Juve buying him for sure?). Would prefer him over Cameronaisi on the right. What they do need is a striker with movement up top when you have Diego behind him. Amauri will thrive on crosses but there really isn't anyone providing them on a consistent basis. Seeing as Delneri prefers a 4-4-2 I reckon midfield of Marchisio and Diego would be quite good although perhaps might leave some gaps in between. Vargas would be a top signing on the left and Juve do intend to spend a lot this summer right?? Really hope they sign Vargas and Suarez

I am not quite sure on Delneri's management style but being massive fan of Diego I believe if Juve build their side around him with CM's supplying him things could turn around. I like Candreva(Are Juve buying him for sure?). Would prefer him over Cameronaisi on the right. What they do need is a striker with movement up top when you have Diego behind him. Amauri will thrive on crosses but there really isn't anyone providing them on a consistent basis. Seeing as Delneri prefers a 4-4-2 I reckon midfield of Marchisio and Diego would be quite good although perhaps might leave some gaps in between. Vargas would be a top signing on the left and Juve do intend to spend a lot this summer right?? Really hope they sign Vargas and Suarez

Well, Candreva obviously wants to stay, but I haven't heard anything regarding a purchase yet. Udinese have a stake in the player if I remember correctly. Maybe their new gaffer wants him back.

I know Diego is listed as a CM on SM, but Delneri likes box-to-box type CMs and Diego can't defend, so that's not going to happen. I think there's a real possibility that he could go with a 4-4-1-1 (more or less like what you drew up in your first post) and Diego could flourish in the AM/second striker spot. When Delneri played 4-4-1-1 at Atalanta he placed Doni as the AM and he ended up having the season of his life (I can't remember, but he had over 10 goals and nice bunch of assists).

Yeah, I heard that they were going to spend a lot, as well.

Riferimento: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

hi,

I'm thinking to buy Miguel Britos from Bolgona, he has played a good season.

will he rise up for you? he's a great defender and his rating (85 now) is a bit low I think.

hes a 24 years old defender.. 23 games played this year with almost 2000 mins.

thx!

Riferimento: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

hi' date='

I'm thinking to buy Miguel Britos from Bolgona, he has played a good season.

will he rise up for you? he's a great defender and his rating (85 now) is a bit low I think.

hes a 24 years old defender.. 23 games played this year with almost 2000 mins.

thx![/quote']

In the first page, it says 85-->86. Anyway, I wouldn't buy him. He isn't so good. I'd search for a better young defender.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

My predictions are:

Nesta 94-->93 (will never hit again 94)

Seedorf 93-->93/92

Zambrotta 93-->92/93 (will stay at 93 if he plays regularly with Italy at World Cup)

Nest will drop to 93. Although he is a great defender and one of the best when he isn't injured, I can't see him stay at 94. Just like I said, it's beacuse of him being so injury-phrone.

Seedorf will drop to 92. No chance of staying.

Zambrotta will drop to 92, but should be dropping to 91 in my opinion. Isn't good at all.

this is weird, over 160 pages about serie a starting with rating predictions for last year. has anyone compiled a new list of risers for the upcoming changes? as most changes discussed in this thread refer to well known players and i would like to know about the new players/young risers breaking through. I dont get italian football over here so would appreciate any info of this type

this is weird' date=' over 160 pages about serie a starting with rating predictions for last year. has anyone compiled a new list of risers for the upcoming changes? as most changes discussed in this thread refer to well known players and i would like to know about the new players/young risers breaking through. I dont get italian football over here so would appreciate any info of this type[/quote']

Hi.

My firstname is first and my last name is page. I am abit weird and many people looks at me and makes fun of me. How could you have missed me?

Hi.

My firstname is first and my last name is page. I am abit weird and many people looks at me and makes fun of me. How could you have missed me?

Bit harsh on the newbie :P I tend to save the sarcasm for those who've been here for longer than 3 posts.

Hi.

LOL, fair enough - i was just about to write an apology anyway. You did these predictions early though, must have been just after the last updates, i'm sure lots of things must have changed since then, but thanks i'll use your list as a guide to do my own research so much appreciated.