Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

Lensois

Re: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

This is a massive thread! What's the score with the predictions, does the original maker just keep updating the initial ratings? Posted 2009?

While I'm on, Del Piero keep his 93?

Edit: Whoa whoa whoa...

Del Piero was only just reduced in March of this year?! Along with the below mention of Seedorf, surely these 'classics' can't be reduced twice in the first half of 2010?! Baring in mind these guys bagged in the Champions League not so long ago, Del Piero double at the Bernabeu and Seedorf's flick at Old Trafford!

Guest Daragh

Diego' date=' how do you rate Reto Ziegler? I predict he would rise to 88 but i don't see his name at 1st post[/quote']

Finally back online after being off for a week or so (laptop charger broke and the internet on my computer aint working lol). I like Ziegler and it's no secret Del Neri does too. It's most probable that we'll see him at Juventus next season as he is one of Del Neri's top targets. IMO he should get a +1.

Guest Higgy

Lalaziosiamonoi.it, a news agency very close to Lazio football club in Italy, is now reporting in what is breaking news that Real Madrid have completed the signing of Kolarov from Lazio for a fee of 18 million euros. The source goes on to say that Kolarov will be presented to the media and fans after 24 hours of Mourinho’s presentation, which would be next Tuesday..

Lalaziosiamonoi.it' date=' a news agency very close to Lazio football club in Italy, is now reporting in what is breaking news that Real Madrid have completed the signing of Kolarov from Lazio for a fee of 18 million euros. The source goes on to say that Kolarov will be presented to the media and fans after 24 hours of Mourinho’s presentation, which would be next Tuesday..[/quote']

Wouldn't surprise me, due to Kolarov probably wanting to move on after Lazio's abysmal season and Real are short of a top left back. Couple that with the fact Mourinho, who has has probably watched him many-a-time, will be at Real and it all seems very likely. :)

Lalaziosiamonoi.it' date=' a news agency very close to Lazio football club in Italy, is now reporting in what is breaking news that Real Madrid have completed the signing of Kolarov from Lazio for a fee of 18 million euros. The source goes on to say that Kolarov will be presented to the media and fans after 24 hours of Mourinho’s presentation, which would be next Tuesday..[/quote']

Very strange in my opinion. The last thing Real Madrid wants is another ''Marcelo''. By that I mean, Kolarov is way to offensive for being an LB who has to play behind Marcelo. I'm sure Mourinho have studied Mourinho has studied Kolarov during Mourinho's time in Italy. This move is very un-likely. I think Mourinho will buy a very stabilized left-back. Like Nacho Monreal or something in those lines.

Guest Higgy

Very strange in my opinion. The last thing Real Madrid wants is another ''Marcelo''. By that I mean' date=' Kolarov is way to offensive for being an LB who has to play behind Marcelo. I'm sure Mourinho have studied Mourinho has studied Kolarov during Mourinho's time in Italy. This move is very un-likely. I think Mourinho will buy a very stabilized left-back. Like Nacho Monreal or something in those lines.[/quote']

Mourinho was constantly chasing Kolarov while at Inter and I'm not surprised we're going for now, I'm sure it's Mourinho who's after him. Rumors have intensified about Kolarov in the past week as well.

Mourinho was constantly chasing Kolarov while at Inter and I'm not surprised we're going for now' date=' I'm sure it's Mourinho who's after him. Rumors have intensified about Kolarov in the past week as well.[/quote']

Yes, but at the same time Lotito didn't want to let go for his best players and seeing that Edy Reja (the Lazio coach), wants to build up a very strong Lazio team, I'm sure he will make Kolarov stay in Rome. Afterall, he managed to change Ledesma's opinion of leaving Lazio this summer to a bigger club, to stay in Lazio, after Reja discussed his plans for Lazio.

Very strange in my opinion. The last thing Real Madrid wants is another ''Marcelo''. By that I mean' date=' Kolarov is way to offensive for being an LB who has to play behind Marcelo. I'm sure Mourinho have studied Mourinho has studied Kolarov during Mourinho's time in Italy. This move is very un-likely. I think Mourinho will buy a very stabilized left-back. Like Nacho Monreal or something in those lines.[/quote']

I wonder, if Madrid wants Maicon, why they should bring Kolarov or any other left back? They can use Arbeloa there..

Guest Higgy

I wonder' date=' if Madrid wants Maicon, why they should bring Kolarov or any other left back? They can use Arbeloa there..[/quote']

True, but Arbeloa shines more as a RB and he doesn't have to cut in every time he wants to cross. He'd be a back up RB I'd say if both come.

I wonder' date=' if Madrid wants Maicon, why they should bring Kolarov or any other left back? They can use Arbeloa there..[/quote']

Yes, well he is a quality LB, but I haven't been to impressed by him during the big matches to be honest and that's were Perez and Mourinho are aiming to be - CL winners. I don't think he will for example be a starter in a eventually CL final.

Yes' date=' well he is a quality LB, but I haven't been to impressed by him during the big matches to be honest and that's were Perez and Mourinho are aiming to be - CL winners. I don't think he will for example be a starter in a eventually CL final.[/quote']

I wasn't impressed by Chivu either as LB, but Mourinho play him as starter in CL final. I also think Arbeloa never be world class, but he's hard worker player that every manager will like.

I wasn't impressed by Chivu either as LB' date=' but Mourinho play him as starter in CL final. I also think Arbeloa never be world class, but he's hard worker player that every manager will like.[/quote']

True, but Mourinho was almost ''forced'' to play Chivu as an LB. With Motta out for the game, Mourinho had to move Zanetti from the LB position to Motta's position, meaning Chivu had to fill in for Zanetti as an LB.

This is a massive thread! What's the score with the predictions' date=' does the original maker just keep updating the initial ratings? Posted 2009?

[b']

While I'm on, Del Piero keep his 93?[/b]

Edit: Whoa whoa whoa...

Del Piero was only just reduced in March of this year?! Along with the below mention of Seedorf, surely these 'classics' can't be reduced twice in the first half of 2010?! Baring in mind these guys bagged in the Champions League not so long ago, Del Piero double at the Bernabeu and Seedorf's flick at Old Trafford!

Any thoughts on the old man?

True' date=' but Mourinho was almost ''forced'' to play Chivu as an LB. With Motta out for the game, Mourinho had to move Zanetti from the LB position to Motta's position, meaning Chivu had to fill in for Zanetti as an LB.[/quote']

If Motta was such an integral part of Mourinho's plans, shouldn't he get more than a rise to 91?