Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Serie A - Analysis and Ratings Discuss everything about Serie A here. Feel free to post questions about Serie A. I have one rule though, check the predictions before you ask me about some predictions

Re: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings Inter Julio Cesar - 95--->95/96 Francesco Toldo - 87--->87 Paolo Orlandoni - 83--->83 Maicon - 95--->95 Davide Santon - 86--->86 Lucio - 9

Re: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

True' date=' but Del Neri wasn't that good either, and Diego wasn't to good through his career at Porto, so I don't think you could base Diego's failure at Porto on Del Neri.[/quote']

I never said that >.< But Diego when came to Porto was already convoked to National Team.. and now it's out of WC..

I think he will leave Juventus, as he not fills in 4-4-2 of DN.. i read somewhere that Man Utd might be interested in him..

So' date=' practically it's like a 4-4-1-1 formation. [b']It's kinda of like the one Del Neri used at Samp[/b], where Cassano was abit more of the deep-lying striker, just behind Pazzini.

Actually more the one he used at Atalanta. At Samp 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 was always preferred. I know what you mean though. Cassano likes to drop down and receive the ball deep. Doesn't make him an AM. It does form an interesting question though. Can Diego be converted to a Cassano type of forward?

Sounds like quite the list of incoming transfers!

Pazzini

Cassani

Bonucci

Pepe

Krasic

Ziegler

I'm having doubts whether Juventus can pull that one off.

I never said that >.< But Diego when came to Porto was already convoked to National Team.. and now it's out of WC..

I think he will leave Juventus' date=' as he not fills in 4-4-2 of DN.. i read somewhere that Man Utd might be interested in him..[/quote']

I just said you cannot assume that Diego will fail under Del Neri, beacuse they didn't had a good time together at Porto and that Diego already flopped during the first season, and Del Neri arrived during the second, so you cannot say that Diego flopped beacuse of Del Neri...

I think he'll get another chance though, beacuse I'd think he would do good just behind the forward, and with the offensive wingers Juve will have (Krasic and Pepe), I think the 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 system can become sort of 4-2-3-1, meaning Diego can get some more attacking options than he had this past season and that he will play with better, more moveable players, which should suit him as it did at Bremen.

Can someone please tell what will happen to Martin Caceres's rating' date=' i posted the same post on the spanish thread but was told to go here as he played last season in italy with Juve last season?

Thanks in advance!![/quote']

should stay the same with a minor chance of dropping since he was out injured for a long time. but overall when he played he put in some great performances for a weak juventus.

Guest Daragh

Yeah' date=' like that, but I think Krasic, who is more versailte that Pepe, will play as an LM, and then perhaps [b']Cassani of Palermo joins Juventus and will be the right-back there[/b]. I believe he'll move to Juventus, beacuse he used to be a Juve player and is a Juve product.

I was thinking the same thing. He's been one of the most impressive and consistent full backs in Serie A and has said he wants to move to a bigger club. He won't come cheap though, Zamparini has stated numerous times that the club are in no need to sell their star players and he has placed some quite high prices on some of his players.

I was thinking the same thing. He's been one of the most impressive and consistent full backs in Serie A and has said he wants to move to a bigger club. He won't come cheap though' date=' Zamparini has stated numerous times that the club are in no need to sell their star players and he has placed some quite high prices on some of his players.[/quote']

Well, Juve will spend big transfer window and they've been putting away something like 80M € just so they could use it this summer. So I don't think money will be a big problem for them. It's rumored that Palermo are looking to sign Alessandro Rosi as a replacement for Cassani, and that Juve are prepared to bid Giovinco + 5M € for Cassani, so I think he will join anyway.

Guest Daragh

Well' date=' Juve will spend big transfer window and they've been putting away something like 80M € just so they could use it this summer. So I don't think money will be a big problem for them. It's rumored that Palermo are looking to sign Alessandro Rosi as a replacement for Cassani, and that Juve are prepared to bid Giovinco + 5M € for Cassani, so I think he will join anyway.[/quote']

I know, it's no secret Juve will spend big, just saying that he'll not be going on the cheap :P I'd rather see them go for Maggio though tbh.

Can I ask for a little more info on Albin Ekdal please. When I initially found him I was impressed by the minutes he's collected on loan at Siena, but then I saw he only managed one goal and no assists. Coupled with that clubs relegation can I please ask if you still think he can rise to 84/5 and why?:)

Anyone have an idea about Mathias Abel Hernadez' long term prospects following the likely 85 rating he may receive this change.

There's a chance that his main competition might be leaving this season, which would make him the undisputed starter next season. Even if not, he was featuring in nearly every match for the last couple of months anyway.

Factor in his age, and the clubs (Arsenal etc) already linked with him and you've got a player who is only heading upwards next year.

Personally' date=' in my humble opinion, he will keep his 91. Started 38 games in all comps for Juventus last year and is still an important part of the Brazil national team. Regardless of maybe some poor performances, these stats and facts should count for more.[/quote']

I agree. His international form (for arguably the best team in the world) has to be taken into consideration.

Guest Scout Maker

Is there a 2010 version of this? Or is it just the 2009 one which was on the first page. Or haven't the leagues been reviewed since?

I know you don't follow Serie B much but that's what the question is about,with Cesena suprisingly getting promotion this season I saw Dominique Malonga had impressive stats scoring 8 goals in 22 games with 9 been subistute apperances,considering his good form do you think he will get minutes for parent club Torino next season or be loaned back out to Cesena again?