Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

Re: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings

Udinese had a poor season but some of their lads got some nice rises. Alexis Sanchez and Asamoah both rose to 89 and 88 respectively, thought the general consensus was a no-rise for Sanchez, NT performances helped them both maybe?

Either way, really happy for these both players as they deserve it.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Serie A - Analysis and Ratings Discuss everything about Serie A here. Feel free to post questions about Serie A. I have one rule though, check the predictions before you ask me about some predictions

Re: Serie A - Analysis and Ratings Inter Julio Cesar - 95--->95/96 Francesco Toldo - 87--->87 Paolo Orlandoni - 83--->83 Maicon - 95--->95 Davide Santon - 86--->86 Lucio - 9

Udinese had a poor season but some of their lads got some nice rises. Alexis Sanchez and Asamoah both rose to 89 and 88 respectively' date=' thought the general consensus was a no-rise for Sanchez, NT performances helped them both maybe?

Either way, really happy for these both players as they deserve it.[/quote']

To be honest, I didn't expect Sanchez to rise beacuse of this horrible season Udinese had, but he deserv it though if you look at his performances. I expect him to leave Udinese after this World Cup. Milan are rumored to get, and I hope he comes.

They dropped Andre Dias. Was that a joke?! :mad:

To be honest' date=' I didn't expect Sanchez to rise beacuse of this horrible season Udinese had, but he deserv it though if you look at his performances. I expect him to leave Udinese after this World Cup. Milan are rumored to get, and I hope he comes.

They dropped Andre Dias. Was that a joke?! :mad:[/quote']

Well if Sanchez does join Milan I'll be a bit surprised as a neutral follower of Italian footie. It's been awhile since they landed someone young.

Well if Sanchez does join Milan I'll be a bit surprised as a neutral follower of Italian footie. It's been awhile since they landed someone young.

Berlusconi himself has said that Milan will 4-5 new players and that one of the players will be a world class player like CR9. Sanchez may not be this world class player, but he is atleast of the other 4 players Berlusconi is gonna buy. He would be very good as an option to Pato/Dinho and after perhaps 1/2 years he can take over Dinho's position.

well i do hope Alexis Sanchez joins Milan. I'm not being funny and I know I dont watch Italian football that much but I do feel that Milan and Juventus have squads that are aging. Gattuso, Pirlo and all are the names i hear at the 2002 world cup. Yeah, they did well in 06 to win the world cup but these players were the stars, 8 years ago... Milan and Juventus needs a revolution to bring in the young and talented players. And make some stars too! Everywhere else, there are stars emerging from youth systems but very few coming from Italy...

well i do hope Alexis Sanchez joins Milan. I'm not being funny and I know I dont watch Italian football that much but I do feel that Milan and Juventus have squads that are aging. Gattuso' date=' Pirlo and all are the names i hear at the 2002 world cup. Yeah, they did well in 06 to win the world cup but these players were the stars, 8 years ago... Milan and Juventus needs a revolution to bring in the young and talented players. And make some stars too! Everywhere else, there are stars emerging from youth systems but very few coming from Italy...[/quote']

What? How is signing a Chilean 21 year old going to help stars emerge from Italian youth systems? That's a myth anyway.

Santon

Criscito

Sirigu

Balotelli

Poli

Schelotto

Macheda

there are loads of young Italian players emerging

What? How is signing a Chilean 21 year old going to help stars emerge from Italian youth systems? That's a myth anyway.

Santon

Criscito

Sirigu

Balotelli

Poli

Schelotto

Macheda

there are loads of young Italian players emerging

I meant from Milan and Juventus youth setups. Balotelli and Santon are from Inter, Macheda from Lazio, Criscito from Genoa, Sirigu from Palermo and I don't watch Italian football much but I think Poli and Schelotto arent from Milan or Juve. Sampdoria or Bari? I was trying to say that world class teams like them should be producing youths, just like Arsenal producing players like Ramsey, Walcott or United like Welbeck, Barcelona like Messi, Bayern like Müller and Badstuber or something... Very few coming from Milan or Juve... Albin Ekdal maybe? I dunno...

I meant from Milan and Juventus youth setups. Balotelli and Santon are from Inter' date=' Macheda from Lazio, Criscito from Genoa, Sirigu from Palermo and I don't watch Italian football much but I think Poli and Schelotto arent from Milan or Juve. Sampdoria or Bari? I was trying to say that world class teams like them should be producing youths, just like Arsenal producing players like Ramsey, Walcott or United like Welbeck, Barcelona like Messi, Bayern like Müller and Badstuber or something... Very few coming from Milan or Juve... Albin Ekdal maybe? I dunno...[/quote']

It's a little inaccurate to say Arsenal are producing players like Ramsey and Walcott seeing as they were signed (for considerable fees) from Cardiff and Southampton respectively.

Messi has been with Barca since he was 11 or 12 so that's understandable.

Muller and Badstuber have come through the Bayern youth academies so that's a fair point.

Poli is at Sampdoria and Schelotto has just been promoted with Cesena to Serie A.

Youth academies is about long term investment in the local community and surrounding areas and getting in good coaches and reaping the reward in the long term.

Whether Milan and Juventus have relied upon bringing in older, more experienced talent due to their financial situation and their reputation and standing within football.

considering Lazio had the 6th best defense in Serie A last season' date=' it's a joke that Andre Dias dropped and Kolarov didn't rise. Lack of research from SM methinks[/quote']

I don't think the Italian changes are finished yet, can't see players from the likes of Roma and Inter yet.

Guest Daragh

Everywhere else' date=' there are stars emerging from youth systems but very few coming from Italy... [/quote']

You couldn't be more wrong.

I meant from Milan and Juventus youth setups. Balotelli and Santon are from Inter' date=' Macheda from Lazio, Criscito from Genoa, Sirigu from Palermo and I don't watch Italian football much but I think Poli and Schelotto arent from Milan or Juve. Sampdoria or Bari? I was trying to say that world class teams like them should be producing youths, just like Arsenal producing players like Ramsey, Walcott or United like Welbeck, Barcelona like Messi, Bayern like Müller and Badstuber or something... Very few coming from Milan or Juve... Albin Ekdal maybe? I dunno...[/quote']

Up until recently, there were a great number of young players coming out of the academies and playing an important role for their club but nowadays, they have become "bargaining chips" for the bigger clubs. If you don't think Juve and Milan are producing youth, then your wrong, they are but you just don't realise it. Antonio Nocerino of Palermo, a very talented midfielder and Davide Lanzafame who has impressed at Parma were both produced by Juve but used to lure Amauri to Juve. Take Gaetano D'Agostino who is a great player and attracted huge interest from Real Madrid just two seasons ago. He was produced by Roma but used as a bargaining chip to bring Antonio Cassano to Rome from Bari. He was then brought back to Roma for a brief stint in the first team and then sold to Messina in a co ownership deal. When Inter bought Diego Milito and Thiago Motta last Summer, Robert Acquafresca, Francesco Bolzoni, Riccardo Meggiorini and Leonardo Bonucci all headed in the opposite direction to Genoa (and bare in mind that Acquafresca had just had a great season with Cagliari). However, that wasn't the only time Acquafresca was used in another deal, he was also sent on loan to Cagliari as part of the Suazo deal. Look at Alessandro Matri of Cagliari, a Milan product who was sent to Cagliari in a co ownership deal that was meant to be part of the Suazo deal but Suazo joined Inter instead. And now there are rumours of Milan wanting to buy him back. If they are not used as bargaining chips, they are sent out on loan or sold in co ownership deals. Ignazio Abate had to endure six loan spells in only five seasons before breaking into the first XI. Have a look at Raffaele Palladino and Daniele Galloppa of Genoa and Parma respectively. Both fantastic players who are products from Juve and Roma.

I could go on all day lol but the point is, it's become increasingly difficult for a youngster to break into the bigger teams. While you see Santon and Balotelli breaking into the Inter squad, there are FAR more talented players who are being sent out to other Serie A/B clubs as part of a deal or a co ownership deal and from there, the players must take the "long, winding road to stardom. It isn't an easy journey and you can be sure that a lot of would be legends are lost along the way." (a quote from an article I read not so long ago).

Thanks Diego for your reply regarding Sanchez.

Also, need some insights on Pandev? With Balotelli rumored to be leaving Inter, will Pandev get enough game time to keep his 92 at the very least? Am keen on buying him but was unsure if he'll simply warm the bench next campaign. He did enjoy quite abit of playing time under Mourinho and he's quite a good player?

Thanks in advance to whoever reply, be it Daragh or Diego :)

Thanks Diego for your reply regarding Sanchez.

Also' date=' need some insights on Pandev? With Balotelli rumored to be leaving Inter, will Pandev get enough game time to keep his 92 at the very least? Am keen on buying him but was unsure if he'll simply warm the bench next campaign. He did enjoy quite abit of playing time under Mourinho and he's quite a good player?

Thanks in advance to whoever reply, be it Daragh or Diego :)[/quote']

Pandev will most likely be routated with Balotelli as a starter, but we can't be sure as it's rumored Rafa wants to bring over Kuyt from his Liverpool days. I don't think Kuyt will leave and I believe Balo and Pandev will routate with each other on left-wing spot as they did during the 2nd half of the season. However, Pandev has a chance of becoming a 100% regular if Balo doesn't stop act childish.

I don't think the Italian changes are finished yet' date=' can't see players from the likes of Roma and Inter yet.[/quote']

Lazio ratings done though

Kolarov REALLY should rise

bar Stojkovic and Milijas, Kolarov was the lowest rated player to start for Serbia against Ghana, yet, he was clearly one of the best.

i have a chance to either buy david pizarro or Marchisio i got told both will rise but which 1 is definate rise?

going by what most people are saying pizarro is more certain rise but marchisio has a great chance to rise but he is the far better long term prospect with many people sing him as a 93+ in the future

going by what most people are saying pizarro is more certain rise but marchisio has a great chance to rise but he is the far better long term prospect with many people sing him as a 93+ in the future

cheers , hopefully he don't rise tommorow so i get him before rise :P

No rise for Almiron by the looks of it,unfortunately what I have feared might happen is happening and the average rating of Serie A is going to drop hugely,I think Milan will also get a lot of rating drops like Juve has but Roma and Inter will be OK because Roma has overachieved and Inter won the Champions League.

wow. juventus players just got destroyed in the ratings. ouch.

Aye:

Buffon -1 to 95

Diego -1 to 93

Del Piero -1 to 92

Amauri -1 to 91

Trezeguet -2 to 90

Camoranesi -2 to 90

Poulsen -1 to 90

Legrottalie -1 to 89

Grosso -2 to 89

I don't see any of those players recovering their rating either.

The other biggie, but hardly suprising was Mutu -3 to 90.