Albiol or Mertasacker?

kidchop

Re: Albiol or Mertasacker?

defo get albiol

mertersacker has reached his peak i think and is only going to drop as time goes on

whereas albiol should rise in the next rating changes to 93 and is younger and can reach a much higher peak

Cheers mate for the response, i also thought he should rise and was the better option however is he probable or possible (Percentage on your opinion)

I say 60% Rise, 40% stay so Possible. Also Real's defence is getting better, are they still playing Marcelo as LB? he should play on the wing

Cheers mate for the response' date=' i also thought he should rise and was the better option however is he probable or possible (Percentage on your opinion)

I say 60% Rise, 40% stay so Possible. Also Real's defence is getting better, are they still playing Marcelo as LB? he should play on the wing[/quote']

The last 3 games Marcelo played on the Wing with Arbeloa on the left side.

i have said it many times. Albiol is not a good defender. It's true that Mertasacker won't rise as long as he plays in Germany. But he is a solid 93 reliable defender whereas Albiol... I think even Garay is better than him. No progress in the previous two years. Third choice CB for national team behind Pique who is 90 and who will rise to 92. Major reason why Real Madrid concedes so many goals this season. Just coz he is the starting CB of a good team everyone thinks he will rise...>< Valencia has done a good trade by selling him to RM for a high price. I daresay it won't be long for us to see that he is no longer the second choice CB for RM

i have said it many times. Albiol is not a good defender. It's true that Mertasacker won't rise as long as he plays in Germany. But he is a solid 93 reliable defender whereas Albiol... I think even Garay is better than him. No progress in the previous two years. Third choice CB for national team behind Pique who is 90 and who will rise to 92. Major reason why Real Madrid concedes so many goals this season. Just coz he is the starting CB of a good team everyone thinks he will rise...>< Valencia has done a good trade by selling him to RM for a high price. I daresay it won't be long for us to see that he is no longer the second choice CB for RM

So that's your idea of "not a good defender"? Someone who plays for Real Madrid, and represents Spain at the highest level? I wonder how someone not that good could reach the highest echelons of the sport? You can't blame one man for Real Madrids short comings, it's the duty of the whole team to defend and attack effectively. I doubt very much Real Madrid would purchase a player who's not very good, I doubt Spain would call up a player who is not very good, and I very much doubt a not very good defender would garner a 92 rating on a game that is based on actual performance.

defo get albiol

mertersacker has reached his peak i think and is only going to drop as time goes on

whereas albiol should rise in the next rating changes to 93 and is younger and can reach a much higher peak

Your comment makes it sound as though Mertesacker is an old player! He is only 25, and having maintained a 93 for a good couple of years now there's no reason to assume he'll drop anytime soon.

I don't believe Albiol will or should rise to 93 at this rating change either.

Seriously im still leaning towards Albiol' date=' why should i get merta[/quote']

I would say Albiol just beacuse he has a bigger chance of getting a higher rating than Mertesacker beacuse he plays for Real Madrid and is a starter there whilst Mertesacker play for Bremen who are a good squad but 93 is the limit there only Diego has reached 94 there but thats beacuse he's something extra.

MY 1000th POST!!

I would say Albiol just beacuse he has a bigger chance of getting a higher rating than Mertesacker beacuse he plays for Real Madrid and is a starter there whilst Mertesacker play for Bremen who are a good squad but 93 is the limit there only Diego has reached 94 there but thats beacuse he's something extra.

MY 1000th POST!!

Congrats mate

I think I should get Albiol but is 26M too much when Merta is 29M at an unmanaged club?

What should i do try negotiate downwards to say 23/24Mfor albiol ?

Because Albiol is already the most overrated player on SoccerManager. Hopefully SM realise that and give him the -1 he deserves. Buy him if you want' date=' but do it at your own risk...[/quote']

Well there are mixed views about albiol it seems, i will negotiate for 23M and if he declines then merta it is. Many thanks

I agree with all that you said.

Ive countered Albiol for 23M and made an Offer for £28.6 for Merta. Im so consfused who to trust

Everyone has their own opinion of them, they're similar players, having either would be beneficial. Some peoples opinions are based on nothing but what they think of the player given favouritism, rather than actual fact. Both players have had their doubters, and neither are as bad as people make out. Albiol is at the better team, plays in the better league, and represents the better national team. He is also cheaper, given he is 1 point lower, but all he has to do is have a solid, winning season with Madrid and that will change. He won't drop, despite what some people say. I doubt Mertesacker will rise either, Werder Bremen aren't in the Champions League, given they are 2nd in the league, but Mertesacker would have to do something superhuman or move to a better team and perform well in order to rise. Whereas with Albiol he can reach a higher end rating, all he needs to do is perform well and help Real Madrid succeed in coming seasons, and continue to represent Spain at the highest level.

Everyone has their own opinion of them' date=' they're similar players, having either would be beneficial. Some peoples opinions are based on nothing but what they think of the player given favouritism, rather than actual fact. Both players have had their doubters, and neither are as bad as people make out. Albiol is at the better team, plays in the better league, and represents the better national team. He is also cheaper, given he is 1 point lower, but all he has to do is have a solid, winning season with Madrid and that will change. He won't drop, despite what some people say. I doubt Mertesacker will rise either, Werder Bremen aren't in the Champions League, given they are 2nd in the league, but Mertesacker would have to do something superhuman or move to a better team and perform well in order to rise. Whereas with Albiol he can reach a higher end rating, all he needs to do is perform well and help Real Madrid succeed in coming seasons, and continue to represent Spain at the highest level.[/quote']

Well considering those points that he has the chance to rise this season even if he did have a rocky start then i think i will go for albiol for the right price

Many thanks for the fair view. Repped

Well considering those points that he has the chance to rise this season even if he did have a rocky start then i think i will go for albiol for the right price

Many thanks for the fair view. Repped

yeah. after all it's ur own choice. but have u considered buying a lower rated CB who has potential to rise to 92-93 in one to two years? Like Thiago Silva, Evans and Subotic?