Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (10/11)

Re: Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (09/10)

Is anyone else surprised Negredo didn't rise? From the site I use it says he's played more than Kanoute and Fabiano in the league.

90 is fair. He didnt play so much in CL - 200 min. And in primera played only 3 full games. For 7 golas and 5 asists in 28 games (only 4 full) for Sevila is enough.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will do the ratings in accordance with the current league table. 1 Real Madrid 2 FC Barcelona 3 Sevilla CF 4 Valencia CF 5 Deportivo La Coruna 6 Mallorca 7 Sporting

Re: Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (10/11)

Re: Spanish Rating Changes (09/10) Real Madrid Iker Casillas - 96 -> 96 Jerzy Dudek - 85 -> 85 Antonio Adan - 80 -> 80 Mendoza Marcos Alonso 77 -> 78/79 Garcia Sergio Ramos - 94 -&g

As a Barcelona supporter these are some of the changes I feel should have been dealt with which haven't. I feel that Dani Alves should have risen to 95 and be par with Maicon. In addition, Keita has had a huge season for both club and country and deserved a +1. Pique is still underrated in my opinion and deserves 93 to be above Albiol. Yaya is a 92+ player but hasn't had enough game time to warrant it and I wonder what Guardiola is doing playing Busquests over Toure...

I think its fair to say I'm relatively disappointed with some of todays changes. On the whole though, I'm quite happy as should most. Just a few ones that I was bemused with:

Victor Valdes - 91 -> 91 - SM just have a spite towards him, its the only way that I can see it. They must really hate him. Deserved 92 all the way, no question... how he is 91, I will never know! Might send a ticket asking why. Possibly one of the most underrated players on the game and underrated by a lot of people as well, for what reason I don't know. He would be first choice GK for many top countries, its just unlucky he's in the same NT as a few of the best goalies in the world. According to the FIFA world rankings, he would be (out of the top 10) first choice GK (for me) for 6 of the top 10 teams. But of course caps mean little looking at Frey who is 93.

Gabriel Milito - 92 - 92 - Haha what? I guess SM don't bother dropping players that are out injured for a year anymore. I'll remember this one in future so the next time a player gets injured and drops I'll send a ticket.

Josue David Silva - 93 -> 93 - The best player for Valencia this season who are on course to have their second best ever points finish in the league (only bettered by the title winning season). Villa is 96 rated 3 higher than him, totally wrong. Should be 94, simple as.

Carlos Marchena - 91 -> 91 - Should have dropped along with Miguel, no loner first choice for Valencia and is now just cover for Banega/Albelda.

Tbf I think thats the only real ones messed up by SM, so most of them I agree with. Although there are others who possibly could/should have rose like Konko, Riki, Marcelo. Glad Perotti got his 89, Pablo his 90, Pedro his 88 etc. That pretty much wraps up this thread though for now. Will probably reignite this when the next set of Spanish ratings are set to be reviewed. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask. :)

arent anyone one suprised that granero went up to just 88 not 89??

^^ The above was one of the most shocking ratings in my mind. Maybe even as shocking as Lucas not getting 89 :eek:.

IMO, Valdes is fine at 91, I've never really rated him. Marcelo is certainly fine at 90. Him being 2 ratings above Filipe would be ridiculous. If I could have Filipe or Marcelo I'd take Filipe any day of the week. They should both be on 90, but I suppose it came down to the injury against Athletic Club.

I also don't understand how Milito keeps his rating, yet when Agger gets injured he goes from 91->90->89 within 5 months. But there again SM have always favored the players playing in Spain. As for Marchena keeping his rating...

Good luck with the Valdes ticket - it really does seem strange that he can't reach 92 with his stats and achievements over the last year. Sure, Given was unlucky not to get 92 (on ability) with Man City - but he hadn't won anything, and their defence was a pile of poo.

^^ The above was one of the most shocking ratings in my mind. Maybe even as shocking as Lucas not getting 89 :eek:.

IMO' date=' Valdes is fine at 91, I've never really rated him. Marcelo is certainly fine at 90. Him being 2 ratings above Filipe would be ridiculous. If I could have Filipe or Marcelo I'd take Filipe any day of the week. They should both be on 90, but I suppose it came down to the injury against Athletic Club.

I also don't understand how Milito keeps his rating, yet when Agger gets injured he goes from 91->90->89 within 5 months. But there again SM have always favored the players playing in Spain. As for Marchena keeping his rating...[/quote']

Don't see why Granero should have gotten more than 88 tbh. Why should he be rated the same as Zokora and Banega who have been stewlarts for their respective teams this season. Granero has been good when called upon but is no more than a sub and most of his appearances have come from off the bench. 87 -> 88 -> 89 is fine in my eyes.

As for Valdes, I know you don't rate him but hey thats your view - I will never agree with it. :D Hes conceded a measly 10 goals this season in 19 games in the league. (6 of which were at home, only 4 away :eek:) Now, you can say that he has an awesome defense in front of him but the stats are considerably similar to Man United this time last season with VDS also having a great defense in front of him and being 3 ratings higher. In those 19 games hes also made 43 saves, considerably more than last season. Still, no amount of stats will probably make you change your mind I just ask people to watch him for themselves and see how consistent he is.

As for Marcelo - agree about the Filipe point. For me, the Depor man is the best LB in Spain atm, should be 90 now was it not for his horrible injury at the weekend.

SM still forgot to rate Ruper as well, will have to send a ticket now.

Thing with Barca is they have such a good midfield that the opposition hardly has the ball. And if you don't have the ball you won't score. Valdes's good record is mainly due to that. When tested their defense looks shaky. Daniel Alves in his own half is a sight as rare as viewing the Haley's comet:rolleyes:

Saying that Valdes has cut out the mistakes from his game this season and a 92 wouldnt be undeserved

Does anyone feel Keita had a shout of 93. He started 13 of Barca's 19 league games and scored 6 goals (only Messi and Ibra scored more). He also started 5 of their 6 CL games and appeared in all of Mali's games at the ANC.

I can only think it's his country that let's his rating down?

I agree ...

Ive got Busquets, Pique and Keita.

Good rises for both Busquets and Pique, but i had Keita as a banker to be a +1 riser!

True, players like Ibra and Messi will always get the headlines. But i feel Keita has been as consistent as any in that Barce team.

He has also chipped in with 6 goals in La Liga.

That suprised me, to think, on a 92, hes rated the same as Flamini, Scholes and Carrick. Im a united Fan, but i would say Keita is a much better player than all of the 3 mentioned.

so if rvn moves in some other leagues he can keep his rating until he goes in retirment

It's pretty insane that he's going to be 95 for another few months I really think they should consider bending the rules, they did it with Carioca if I remember right. If he dodges another rating change I'm almost certain they'll just put him down regardless.

Firstly, Ken fantastic work mate, really well done.

What are your views on Jordi Alba? Worth keeping? I presume he's replacement for silva/mata? Also, San Jose, reckon he'll sign pernamently?

Being a tad cheeky hear, but do you have any idea on their next rating changes? :D