Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (10/11)

Kensational

Re: Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (10/11)

Since Valencia have raked in £80m or so' date=' are they not rumoured to be making any big signings?[/quote']

I might be completely wrong, but are'nt they the club in masses of debt? :o If so i doubt they will be buying in too many players.

How did that come around

cause the club derives out of Bilbao, the capitol of the Basque Country.The Basque Country is very proud of its Basque history and is often thought of a little differently then say Andalucia or Catalunya, which are other Spanish territories. I imagine pride is why it was referred to as Athletic Bilbao for so long. Interesting fact: Athetic Club only buys Basque players, thought that was quite surprising that they were able to create such a good squad from such a small pool of players compared to other clubs :)

I have in my squad' date=' Victor Ruiz & Ivan Gonzalez (Incidentally also Werley Atletico Mineiro - Brazil) ALL have very similar if not identical ratings except for morale. Who should I keep. 2 have to go? Any insights into respective future potential guys?? Thanks..

Edit: OMG just realised I've got ÁLVARO DOMINGUEZ, Soto as well (Atletico Madrid) who is rated 85 as opposed to others rated 84, what a jigsaw puzzle..[/quote']

I know its a hard one ... :confused:

De Gea rose to 87! Ibrahima Balde went up to 82, while Asenjo survived a drop. Aguero also managed to keep his 94, while no rise for Reyes.

Perea, Juanito, Simao, Raul Garcia all went down though.

Looks like they only did Athletic Club' date=' Villarreal and Atletico today. I guess that means that they probably won't be doing Barca, Real and Valencia for tommorow now. Not sure why they decided to do just 3 teams...[/quote']

Phew. i thought they were never gonna rise Pedro to 90. i'll have to wait till tomorrow now.

good ratings but y did Simao drop?

SM allowed me to actually attempt to sign De Gea yesterday. They put a sides team size up from 21 to 24 by signing 3 players, i placed a bid on De Gea last night of £2.3M and then he rose today. Typical. :P:o

As well as that, Javi Martinez got his 90. :D

Looks like they only did Athletic Club' date=' Villarreal and Atletico today. I guess that means that they probably won't be doing Barca, Real and Valencia for tommorow now. Not sure why they decided to do just 3 teams...[/quote']

My guess is SM all finished early for the day to watch the England match so i'd expect the rest of Spain to be reviewed by tomorrow.

Gutted that Senna dropped 2. I expected -1 but -2 has taken about 8m off his value!

De Gea rose to 87 while Asenjo survived a drop

Any idea how Asenjo 88 can be rated higher than De Gea when the latter appeared significantly more in goal throughout the season? :mad:

I would have thought they ought to be swapped De Gea 88 and Asenjo 87???

Any idea how Asenjo 88 can be rated higher than De Gea when the latter appeared significantly more in goal throughout the season? :mad:

I would have thought they ought to be swapped De Gea 88 and Asenjo 87???

Asenjo Was Injured so thats why he didnt drop..

De Gea 87 Vs Asenjo 88

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/results?id=1068&cc=5739

De Gea played 18 games in a row, this is when they were in the business end of the season all competitions from Feb 28th to May 2nd.

During all those 18 consecutive games in a row Asenjo was on the bench (Feb 28th, March 7th, March 11th, March 15th, March 18th, March 21st, March 25th, March 28th, April 1st, April 4th, April 8th, April 11th, April 14th, April 17th, April 22nd, April 25th, April 29th, May 2nd)

My arguement is that De Gea is clearly the first choice keeper at Atletico, the 18 games in a row with Asenjo benchwarming clearly suggests the manager had ample opportunity to rest De Gea in favour of Asenjo, which he didn't.

Is it worth putting in a ticket?

Happy overall with the Spanish changes so far I must say. De Gea getting a well deserved 87, but not quite sure how Asenjo manages to stay tbh, I thought he'd drop to 87 for sure. It seems SM still realise he is a quality 'keeper. :P Senna to 91, bit of a shock only expected a -1 (sorry Johnny :o). All the rest people asked about I think I got almost correct, Guardado dropping yesterday was probably due to SM seeing him not in the Mexico team for the WC and deciding hes too high-rated for Depor. Anyone who thinks that hes a poor player, well then I completely disagree.

I think you are wrong with what you are saying about Raul Garcia' date=' I dont think he should drop at all, his performances were much better latter part of the season and IMO with Atletico's good cup runs etc deserves to keep his 90 without a shadow of a doubt[/quote']

You were saying Ray :D Of course I'm not trying to dismiss you, but that -1 was deserved.

De Gea 87 Vs Asenjo 88

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/results?id=1068&cc=5739

De Gea played 18 games in a row' date=' this is when they were in the business end of the season all competitions from Feb 28th to May 2nd.

[i']During all those 18 consecutive games in a row Asenjo was on the bench[/i] (Feb 28th, March 7th, March 11th, March 15th, March 18th, March 21st, March 25th, March 28th, April 1st, April 4th, April 8th, April 11th, April 14th, April 17th, April 22nd, April 25th, April 29th, May 2nd)

My arguement is that De Gea is clearly the first choice keeper at Atletico, the 18 games in a row with Asenjo benchwarming clearly suggests the manager had ample opportunity to rest De Gea in favour of Asenjo, which he didn't.

Is it worth putting in a ticket?

There was no way De Gea was going to rise higher than Asenjo in one rating change. Surely you must know how the rating changes operate? I wouldn't waste their time with a ticket either.

My arguement is that De Gea is clearly the first choice keeper at Atletico' date=' the 18 games in a row with Asenjo benchwarming clearly suggests the manager had ample opportunity to rest De Gea in favour of Asenjo, which he didn't.

Is it worth putting in a ticket?[/quote']

have u got something against asenjo? why send a ticket for a player to drop unless he really needs it

There was no way De Gea was going to rise higher than Asenjo in one rating change. Surely you must know how the rating changes operate? I wouldn't waste their time with a ticket either.

Agreed. 80 to 87 is an almost unrivalled rise in SM terms. I think only Insua and Pedro have risen to such a high rating from the low 80s mark.

Happy overall with the Spanish changes so far I must say. De Gea getting a well deserved 87' date=' but not quite sure how Asenjo manages to stay tbh, I thought he'd drop to 87 for sure. It seems SM still realise he is a quality 'keeper. :P Senna to 91, bit of a shock only expected a -1 (sorry Johnny :o). All the rest people asked about I think I got almost correct, Guardado dropping yesterday was probably due to SM seeing him not in the Mexico team for the WC and deciding hes too high-rated for Depor. Anyone who thinks that hes a poor player, well then I completely disagree.

You were saying Ray :D Of course I'm not trying to dismiss you, but that -1 was deserved.[/quote']

Haha

IMO it still wernt deserved he should have kept his 90 but hey not gunna lose any sleep over it, his form the lst 2months was very good IMO.

Glas Javi Martinez got a deserved 90 love that Guy, disappointed Llorente didnt rise but can understand it how they kept him at 90, De Marcos definetley deserved at least to get to 85 but on the whole having just looked through todays changes can understand there reasoning for nearly 95% of them so no complaints here