Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (10/11)

Kensational

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (10/11)

Will Lopez be first choice LB for Atletico Madrid this season or has Filipe been brought to replace him ?

Well, Lopez is Atletico's captain and I would expect him to start ahead of Felipe for some time before Felipe takes over. However, there is also the option of A.Dominguez who can play there but I prefer him as a CB ;)

Well' date=' Lopez is Atletico's captain [/b']and I would expect him to start ahead of Felipe for some time before Felipe takes over. However, there is also the option of A.Dominguez who can play there but I prefer him as a CB ;)

Well that's a good excuse if any to start :P, thanks.

Victor Ruiz has played a ton of first team games and started for Espanyol for the first game of the season' date='How high will he rise to about 86/7?[/quote']

That's the sort of rating I've seen mentioned for him in several other threads.

Yes it depends on how Espanyol do this season but 86/87 is reasonable.

Can anyone provide any 'gen' on what might be expected from Tibeiro Guarente at Sevilla? I know he is a recent arrival from Atalanta and didn't appear in their opening game of La Liga so was wondering what his prospects might be at what is a decent side, thanks.:)

Just remembered why i came on here lol' date=' whats the expert opinion of [b']Khedira[/b] moving to RM? I dont get to watch Real that much but know their usual system. But new coach, new players, where do you guys thiink he will fit into the setup? Seems like a decent buy for 10 mil or so, worth a buck?

In my opinion, khedira will stay 90 for this coming on as a sub against Mallorca. It is clear he will be fighting for his place and isn't guaranteed a game every week with the bags of talent now at Madrid. With Lass Diarra and Xabi Alonso keeping Khedira out of the team, it may be a long season for the german

Re: Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (11/12)

la_liga_600.jpg

Opening round results:

Hercules 0 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Málaga 1 - 3 Valencia

Levante 1 - 4 Sevilla FC

Deportivo La Coruña 0 - 0 Real Zaragoza

Espanyol 3 - 1 Getafe

Osasuna 0 - 0 Almeria

Real Sociedad 1 - 0 Villarreal

Racing Santander 0 - 3 Barcelona

Mallorca 0 - 0 Real Madrid

Atlético Madrid 4 - 0 Sporting Gijon

Ok, well I thought it was time to bring this thread back to life, one week after the opening games of the La Liga season. I managed to see a couple of the games but saw most of the highlights. I thought it was a very good start to the season with some high points and some disappointing points too. It's too early to say whos going to light the division up or whos going to be the big risers but I can give my judgement on players, feel free to ask.

For now, I will give you all a shortlist of players who impressed me after the first round of games and who could be looking at a rating increase:

1) Jonathan Urreta (20, W/F, 84, Deportivo) - Probably the player who most greatly impressed me in the opening games. On loan at Deportivo from Benfica, he could well be the revelation of the season if the first games are anything to go by. I believe Depor have the option of signing him permanent at the end of the season for €15mil which seems steep but if he keeps on playing the way he did, he could well be worth it.

2) Mateo Musacchio (20, CB/RB, 85, Villarreal) - Ok well his first game didn't go so well, but I think its quite significant that he started the match alongside Marchena at the heart of Villarreal's defence. I had mentioned to a few people prior to this season that there was a very good chance he would be 1st choice ahead of fellow Argentine Gonzalo Rodriguez and it seems I was right. Definitely another to watch.

3) Jonathan de Guzman (22, CM/AM, 88, Mallorca) - If people thought Mallorca were going to be doomed without signing Borja Valero, think again.... Up step Dutchman De Guzman. Was key to Mallorca holding Real Madrid to a draw, performed very well. If Holland were thinking of letting him play for Canada prior to his move to Mallorca, they will now be seriously about calling up to the full squad and making sure he can't.

4) Ever Banega (22, CM/DM, 89, Valencia)- If people thought he was a one season wonder, then think again! Was exceptional in Valencias opening day win... Didn't grab any of the headlines though as Joaquin got them as he played the best he did since his Betis days... But Banega was key and for me MOM. Played in a more attacking role and excelled, so it shows he has many great attributes in midfield. Has a sick passing range as well. Finally got called up to the Argentine squad as well, happy days.

5) Sergio Canales (19, AM/W, 87, Real Madrid)- Started and starred for Real Madrid in their opening day draw. For me he was Madrids best player and linked well with Alonso and Lass and showed why Madrid actually really didn't need to sign Ozil. Will be interesting to see how long he can keep his place in the squad. But his 1st start will definitely be giving selection headaches.

TBC.

• 3 weeks later...

How highly do you rate Tino Costa?

Yeah, does anyone know if he will be a big or regular player for Valencia this season? Seen that he got the MOM against bursaspor in the CL but i have also noticed he hasn't been starting regularly so far. Can any clarify his situation for us?

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know what the state of how Diego Perotti's rating will fair enxt change? I have 16 million to spend and he's cost me 13 million' date=' worth spending the rest of my budget on him?[/quote']

He is doing fine ATM. Actually, he has a slight chance of getting 90 next time. If there is noone else available, I would go for him, however as u know he will have to do really well in the future to go beyond 90-91 while he is at Sevilla ;)

He is doing fine ATM. Actually' date=' he has a slight chance of getting 90 next time. If there is noone else available, I would go for him, however as u know he will have to do really well in the future to go beyond 90-91 while he is at Sevilla ;)[/quote']

Thanks mate, true :o

I'll look around and see who else there is.

Cheers.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Spanish Rating Changes & Analysis (10/11)

Well' date='if Godin moves to Atlético(which is likely),he'll join Villareal and he'll be first choice.He can keep it but I don't think that he'll do it.

I don't like him TBH.[/quote']

I'm thinking of selling him for my Villarreal... figured SM would drop him because he's 31. Is Gonzalo going to get much game time this season, or has Musacchio replaced him?

Should i look to sell Navas? he is a great player but im not sure he will ever get higher than 92 at sevilla and with his condition he is unlikely to leave.

Then again, he looked pretty good at the world cup!

How has he been doing so far this season?

Cheers.

Have the following La Liga players in my team. What will their rating change to?

Mikel SAN JOSE 21 CB 86-->88

Alvaro NEGREDO 25 CF 90-->stay

Diego CAPEL 22 LM/Wing 89-->stay or drop -1

Soriano BRUNO DM/CM 88-->88/89

Angel DEALBERT CB 88-->88-87

--> in bold

What do folk think will happen to Puyol now and do you think he is worth signing any more? I reckon he will drop to 95 and only go down from here on in. Seems to be picking up quite a few injuries these days and isn't quite the same player he was. Can't see how he can justify being a 96 any more TBH.