Joaquin Boghossian

andyowls

Re: Joaquin Boghossian

Bog-watch update:

Christmas rumours are aflowing, with Boghossian being linked with Bayer Leverkusen in several places. Although I've only seen their name being mentioned, Aston Villa are also reportedly on his tail, while Sampdoria continue to be linked with his name. I still can't see him leaving Newell's just yet, as he would be foolish to leave without another tournament or two's experience under his belt.

Bog-watch update:

Christmas rumours are aflowing' date=' with Boghossian being linked with Bayer Leverkusen in several places. Although I've only seen their name being mentioned, Aston Villa are also reportedly on his tail, while Sampdoria continue to be linked with his name. I still can't see him leaving Newell's just yet, as he would be foolish to leave without another tournament or two's experience under his belt.[/quote']

So much for my wanted transfer move to Porto :rolleyes:.

Well' date=' you'll just have to make some phone calls to the Porto executives, DP! :P[/quote']

Will do :P. He would join Porto in just a couple of days :D.

Well, if we look things in perspective, he would hardly join Porto. His style is very similar to that of Falcao or Farias. So, only if one of them left, specifically Farias, would we have a vacant spot for someone like Boghossian.

And we do have Rodriguez and Fucile who are always in the Uruguayan National Team's call-ups. If the time came, he wouldn't hesitate in joining Porto.

i dont know if its true but according to wiki he's signed for LFC for half a million but will be sent on loan to Espanol until liverpool can get a work permit and will come back during the summer

"On the 28th of December' date=' it was confirmed that a deal had been struck between Cerro and Liverpool. Boghossians loan to Newell's would be terminated, and the striker would join Espanyol on a six-month loan before joining up with the rest of the Liverpool squad in the summer of 2010. The fee is said to be about half a million pound."

Which seems to be confirmed here:

[url']http://elespanyol.com/articles/38654-boghossian-fichado[/url]

and here:

http://www.lfconline.com/news/tmnw/reds_sign_promising_young_striker_479243/index.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm not sure about this... The price seems too cheap. Plus, the comments on the Spanish website reject the idea.

Well, well, well. It seems like my boy is in hot demand! :D

I'm not convinced there is much truth in the rumours. Guillermo Lorente, the President of Newell's Old Boys, has assured the fans that Boghossian will remain at the club until June 2010, through the other side of the upcoming Clausura, at which point his loan from Cerro shall be up. Despite all this interest in Boghossian, I still think this is what will happen but, depending on how well the lad performs in the Clausura, Newell's are going to have some battle in hanging on to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Newell's played their first formal friendly of the summer today against Primera B outift Aldosivi. Boghossian was up to his usual tricks once more, netting twice in a 3-0 victory. Meanwhile, Boghossian has set himself a personal target of scoring a goal every game he plays in the Clausura. Ambitious, but I like it.

Boghossian has been linked with many European clubs over the xmas and new year period, as well as some in South America. However, El Flaco (translates as skinny :D) has again professed his desire to stay with Newell's in the last few days, and to win the Clausura title there. Fenerbahce are the latest club to be sniffing after the Uruguauan.

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this thread in a good while. Boghossian recently got his +5 rise that I predicted all along, and he now has a decent rating of 85. For those wondering whether or not he is worth keeping, I would still say yes, he is. He's an undisputed starter for Newell's when fit and should see another rise to 86 next time, although he could hit 87 if he picks up his form. So far in the Clausura, his style of play has been found out a bit and many opposition defences have dealt with him very well by marking him out the game. He isn't quite playing as well as he did in the Apertura and it took him until this weekend for him to score his first goal of 2010 - a drought that lasted 716 minutes of football. You can see that goal in the below video:

z5TF7US8Rnk

I've updated Joaquin's stats on the opening post, and shall look to go through the text again soon to make sure that everything still makes sense.

After finally getting back amongst the goals last weekend, Joaquin trebled his tally for the Clausura by hitting two against early league leaders, Godoy Cruz. His first came from the penalty spot, which he won himself after being brought down by Godoy 'keeper, Nelson Ibanez, as Boghossian was shaping a position to shoot. He despatched the penalty well to Ibanez' right. His second goal came shortly after half-time, and was more of a scrappy affair. The ball broke to Boghossian just inside the area, whose shot was well saved by Ibanez. The ball then fell to Jorge Achucarro who poked it towards goal, only to find Boghossian in the right place at the right time (as he so often is) to prod the ball in for the game's winning goal. You can see both of his goals in the video below (first goal is Godoy's):

B81mAGMqlXU&feature=player_embedded#

After finally getting back amongst the goals last weekend' date=' Joaquin trebled his tally for the Clausura by hitting two against early league leaders, Godoy Cruz. His first came from the penalty spot, which he won himself after being brought down by Godoy 'keeper, Nelson Ibanez, as Boghossian was shaping a position to shoot. He despatched the penalty well to Ibanez' right. His second goal came shortly after half-time, and was more of a scrappy affair. The ball broke to Boghossian just inside the area, whose shot was well saved by Ibanez. The ball then fell to Jorge Achucarro who poked it towards goal, only to find Boghossian in the right place at the right time (as he so often is) to prod the ball in for the game's winning goal. You can see both of his goals in the video below (first goal is Godoy's):

[center']

B81mAGMqlXU&feature=player_embedded#

[/center]

Farias has his transfer move out of Porto practically confirmed, I would love to have Boghossian in his place. Reminds me of Hugo Almeida in some sort, although not as bulked up physically.

Bad news for you DP, as more rumours have surfaced today that Sampdoria are to make a 5m euro bid for Boghossian in the summer, although none of the surfaces look particularly trustworthy. Shall be interesting to see if anything legitimate occurs once the Clausura ends.

Meanwhile, El Flacco shall be absent from Newell's trip to La Plata to face Estudiantes this weekend after picking up his fifth booking of the season against Godoy Cruz last weekend. He's been walking that tight-rope since November, so did well to last so long without a caution.

Guest Abdel Zizi

HA! That breaking news has been out for a good week or two! :P

Indeed it is. :D

Strange though, I seem to be able to sell any mediocre player for 10M+, but a good striker like Boghossian...

Ah well, might keep him to see him rise to 87.

• 1 month later...

Boghossian has enjoyed some disappointing form in the Clausura, and even spent a few games on the bench because of it, being displaced by Cristian Nunez. However, two weeks ago, while Nunez was suspended, Boghossian returned to the starting line-up and fully took his chance by scoring twice in the 5-0 rout of Colon de Santa Fe. He hit the first and last goals of the game, both with his head from set-plays. Yesterday, Newell's were again among the goals as they thrased 9-man Gimnasia La Plata 6-0, and again it was Boghossian who got them off the mark, this time from the penalty spot (which takes his tally to 17 goals for the season). So after what was looking like a rather lacklustre second-half to the season from the big Uruguayan hitman, he is at least finishing the season strongly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...