Darren Fletcher

Just thought I'd stick this under your noses...

What are your rating predictions for Manchester United's Darren Fletcher.

Myself personally would have to give him a +2 this time around looking at the other midfielders in the world...

In comparison... Manchester City's Stephen Ireland is currently rated at 90 and Michael Carrick is rated at a 92 are just to name two and Fletcher pee's over this pair quite easily.

I have spoke to fans of other teams in the past over the last few years and when I mention Fletcher just before a big game to a Chelsea or Liverpool fan they disregard him.

I'm not sure whether it's the fact that he is Scottish or that he has funny ears but Darren Fletcher should surely get what he deserves ratings wise.

I'd say personally on SM he should get a minimum +2, even a 93 wouldn't be out the question in my mind but I'd like to hear some feedback on what you think he will get.

Anyone who tries to comeback with some smart comment that he's not up there with the world's best shows that they haven't watched him, but would like some elders of the ratings game to give a true view of what to expect.

Cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darren Fletcher

Myself personally would have to give him a +2 this time around looking at the other midfielders in the world...

In comparison... Manchester City's Stephen Ireland is currently rated at 90 and Michael Carrick is rated at a 92 are just to name two and Fletcher pee's over this pair quite easily.

I have spoke to fans of other teams in the past over the last few years and when I mention Fletcher just before a big game to a Chelsea or Liverpool fan they disregard him.

I'm not sure whether it's the fact that he is Scottish or that he has funny ears but Darren Fletcher should surely get what he deserves ratings wise.

I'd say personally on SM he should get a minimum +2' date=' even a 93 wouldn't be out the question in my mind but I'd like to hear some feedback on what you think he will get.

Anyone who tries to comeback with some smart comment that he's not up there with the world's best shows that they haven't watched him, but would like some elders of the ratings game to give a true view of what to expect.

Cheers[/quote']

I would like to see him go all the way to 93 but i dont think he deserves it yet maybe a 91 is good for this change, his performanes have been amazing and i expect him to be a decent member of the united 16 for years to come :)

I'd say personally on SM he should get a minimum +2' date=' even a 93 wouldn't be out the question in my mind but I'd like to hear some feedback on what you think he will get.

Cheers[/quote']

im a man united fan but i have to disagree with you on where you said

''Stephen Ireland is currently rated at 90 and Michael Carrick is rated at a 92 are just to name two and Fletcher pee's over this pair quite easily. ''

ireland been class this season when hes played whereas fletcher in my opinion is playing good but only compared to what he used to be as 2 years ago he was shocking.

so if fletcher does get a rise ireland should be the same or +1

I'm sorry that is nonsense.

How exactly is Fletcher that much better than Ireland?

Look at Ireland's age for a start.

If they swapped teams Ireland would flourish in United's midfield and Fletcher wouldn't even get in the City team over De Jong who is a slightly better player.

+1 for Fletch would be fair.

How about we forget trying to compare players? fletcher is a completely differeny player than others you guys say, He is more of a versatal mid, (sorry for spelling mistakes)

He's class he can play anywhere even at right back left back right mid, left mid. middle and any other places where he is placed... he would do anything for the team without any questions... this season he has been bloody great and id say a 92 would be fair....He's so underated in real, i guess because he's not english hes not grabbing the lines as much... but that goes for giggs too... not english not as big as he could of been which is a shame...

But flecther is 1 of the most underated players in utd. and he has been our best mid this year without a doubt.

If they swapped teams Ireland would flourish in United's midfield and Fletcher wouldn't even get in the City team over De Jong who is a slightly better player.

Who did Ireland have to get past to become a first team member at Citeh?. Mr nobodys?. Stephen is there on given merit, he hasn't come through the Man utd youth system which is infinitely more difficult - unless you're worth it.

Ireland was given chances in the Xi to develop, because he has **** players in front of him (name me who was quality and usurped by ireland). Fletcher had to learn from Roy Keane and did so brilliantly.

Fletcher should easily get a +2 imo. Starter for club & country, goal scorer at important times, he does the engine-work for united midfield & puts in a potent result.

ireland got it given to him on a plate relatively speaking. Fletcher + > Ireland :mad:

Ha, good joke. Fletcher, a starter for man utd, will struggle to get into the Citeh first team now?. that's a good joke.

Starter for club & country

I think we should pretty much disregard the 'country' part of Fletchers rating. He won't be getting a rise based on anything he's done for his country. Scotland are terrible. Did you watch them against Wales? Fletcher was non existent and was at fault for Ramsey's goal.

He'll definitely get a +1 though and i'd say has a 40-50%% chance of +2 i think.

Fletcher is one of the most underrated players in the WORLD. He tackles well and has quality to attack and pass. I'm a Liverpool fan but I must admit that he's a very good midfielder.

I like this comment coming from a Liverpool fan.

The Ireland and Carrick were comparisons of ratings and not of players.

I'd take Fletcher over Ireland anyday and I'm not saying Ireland wouldn't deserve a rise if he was playing well, not really watched him, but hasn't impressed me when have seen him.

Also baring in mind Fletchers performances in the Champions League last season etc. I think a rise to 92 would be fitting as I'd put him in the team before Carrick and even when Carrick warranted his 92, Fletcher plays better than him or has played over time...

Cheers for the feedback

Who did Ireland have to get past to become a first team member at Citeh?. Mr nobodys?. Stephen is there on given merit' date=' he hasn't come through the Man utd youth system which is infinitely more difficult - unless you're worth it.

Ireland was given chances in the Xi to develop, because he has **** players in front of him (name me who was quality and usurped by ireland). Fletcher had to learn from Roy Keane and did so brilliantly.

Fletcher should easily get a +2 imo. Starter for club & country, goal scorer at important times, he does the engine-work for united midfield & puts in a potent result.

ireland got it given to him on a plate relatively speaking. Fletcher + > Ireland :mad:[/quote']

Fletcher has easily gone from one of the most under-rated players in the world to one of the most over-rated.

Ireland was City's best player last year and ran the show at times and could grab a game by the scruff of the neck whoever he was playing with.

Using the "he has no competition excuse" really doesn't prove anything. That's like saying Matt Le Tissier wasn't a good player because he had no competition. Dealbert at Valencia came from a lower division club and proved himself to get straight into he first team.

Fletcher on the other hand can only flourish alongside good players. Compare him for Scotland than for United. Ramsey outclassed him, an 18 year old. He was an awful player 2 years ago and has improved a lot but i reckon that is more down to his half decent improvement in a poor United midfield which looks much better than reality. I would call it not a case of who Ireland has for competition but what competition has Fletcher had?

Hargreaves is injured, Carrick IMO is useless, Scholes is losing some class, Anderson is good but not ready for 90 mins every game and that lets Fletch walk straight into the team

And yes he would not get in the City team De Jong is a better player if you seen him against Liverpool at Anfield that is a perfect example.

I'm not slating Fletcher i just don't like it when people sayhe is streets ahead of Ireland when he is clearly not.

Definately a 90-91/92 (especially if Carrick is 92)

Fletcher has easily gone from one of the most under-rated players in the world to one of the most over-rated.

Ireland was City's best player last year and ran the show at times and could grab a game by the scruff of the neck whoever he was playing with.

Using the "he has no competition excuse" really doesn't prove anything. That's like saying Matt Le Tissier wasn't a good player because he had no competition. Dealbert at Valencia came from a lower division club and proved himself to get straight into he first team.

Fletcher on the other hand can only flourish alongside good players. Compare him for Scotland than for United. Ramsey outclassed him' date=' an 18 year old. He was an awful player 2 years ago and has improved a lot but i reckon that is more down to his half decent improvement in a poor United midfield which looks much better than reality. I would call it not a case of who Ireland has for competition but what competition has Fletcher had?

Hargreaves is injured, Carrick IMO is useless, Scholes is losing some class, Anderson is good but not ready for 90 mins every game and that lets Fletch walk straight into the team

And yes he would not get in the City team De Jong is a better player if you seen him against Liverpool at Anfield that is a perfect example.

I'm not slating Fletcher i just don't like it when people sayhe is streets ahead of Ireland when he is clearly not.

Definately a 90-91/92 (especially if Carrick is 92)[/quote']

Fletcher is better than De Jong :eek: De Jong is only good at Tackling whereas Fletcher can tackle and pass ;)

He's a 91/92 for me on current form. I think you are underestimating Ireland however. Fletcher's current run of good form also hasn't been all that long. He definitely would need to hold this form for at least another few months in order to go up to 93. Perhaps in another rating change or 2.

Carrick 92

Perotta 92

Schweinstieger 92

Ambrosini 92

Camorenesi 92

Ze Roberto 92

Gourcouf 92

I Believe Fletcher is as good, if not better than the above...........

D.Pizarro 91

R.Taddei 91

K.Zyrianov 91

C.Poulesn 91

A.Guardado 91

R.Pires 91

R.Quaresma 91

And is almost certainly better than any of these 91ers

If Flecther only gets a 91 and Carrick stays on 92...then its ridiculous

Whats the difference between him and Gourcouf these ratings????

Carrick 92

Perotta 92

Schweinstieger 92

Ambrosini 92

Camorenesi 92

Ze Roberto 92

Gourcouf 92

I Believe Fletcher is as good' date=' if not better than the above...........

D.Pizarro 91

R.Taddei 91

K.Zyrianov 91

C.Poulesn 91

A.Guardado 91

R.Pires 91

R.Quaresma 91

And is almost certainly better than any of these 91ers

If Flecther only gets a 91 and Carrick stays on 92...then its ridiculous

Whats the difference between him and Gourcouf these ratings????[/quote']

Carrick should drop he is such a bad player.

I'm sorry that is exactly what i mean by he has gone from under rated to over rated.

Please do not dare compare him to Gourcuff even as a joke it's not funny.