Victor Valdes Rating of 91

tecalee

Victor Valdes Rating of 91  

1. 1.

Re: Victor Valdes Rating of 91

Cech has played 19 matches has let in 16 goals (11 of which have been from set pieces.) Last season he played 35 matches and let in 22 goals. (Statistics wise he is on course to let in approx. +29 goals.)

Given has played 19 matches has let in 27 goals' date=' last season at Newcastle he let in 32 goals in 22 appearances plus 18 goals in 15 matches for Manchester City, for a grand total of 50 goals in 37 matches. (he seems to be on course to let in a similar amount of goals this season too.)

Valdes has played 15 matches has let in 10 goals, last season 34 matches played 29 goals against, so statistically speaking he is doing much better than last season. (he is looking at letting in approx +22 goals.)

Now argueably both Chelsea and Barcelona have some of the best defenders in the world, but with Manchester spending big recently and improving their defence, but you also have to hold the goalkeepers accountable, it doesn't rest purely on anyone players shoulders. Which begs the question why a keeper who lets in 50 + goals (last season) and is looking likely to do so again this season, is rated the same as a goalkeeper who will be unlucky to even reach 50 in the two seasons combined, not to mention he helped the team to win 6 trophies in a year.[/quote']

Can you compare Given's old Newcastle defence against a top class Chelsea defence? :eek:

Can you compare Given's old Newcastle defence against a top class Chelsea defence? :eek:

Compare City's defence against Barca's ... :eek: Alot of the goals I watch Given concede rest on the players infront of him. Saying that *if* he was a world class keeper he would save a few of them but he's not world class. I just think he's better than Valdez.

No not really but that is why I added that Cech had been beaten by set pieces 11 times out of 16 this season, it just goes to show that it was almost squarely on Cechs shoulders for those 11 goals as he must of been poorly postioned and just not a very good shot stopper, thus no matter how good his defence is it was his fault, same as Given he may not have had a great defence in front of him but he still has to take some of the blame for the goals, Yes the ball had to go past 10 outfield players first but it also had to get past Given to find the back of the net.

And I certianly wouldn't rate Almunia a worse keeper than Given. who let in 27 goals for 34 apperances last season and so far this season after 14 matches has let in 16 goals.

Letting a goal in from a set-piece doesn't mean that it is the goalies fault. You shouldn't just assume that Cech must have been poorly positioned.

If anything its probably more the defenders fault as they let the players head/shoot the goals. Sometimes there is just absolutely nothing a keeper can do

Should be 92. He won 6 throphies this season.... He cant be that bad lol. 92 is the max because he will never play for Spain :(

So everyone playing for Barcelona should be rated 92 or above because of the clubs success? And there was me thinking ratings were based on players ability and not that of the club. I've seen Victor Valdes play quite a lot and I've always been unsure about him. You don't have the security with him in goal that you would with other 91 rated keepers such as Given, and I'd even rather have 90 rated Freidal. Whilst he's a 'decent' keeper and worth his 91 atm, I really think anything higher would be overrating him. If he wasn't playing for Barcelona would he even be rated 90?

So everyone playing for Barcelona should be rated 92 or above because of the clubs success? And there was me thinking ratings were based on players ability and not that of the club. I've seen Victor Valdes play quite a lot and I've always been unsure about him. You don't have the security with him in goal that you would with other 91 rated keepers such as Given' date=' and I'd even rather have 90 rated Freidal. Whilst he's a 'decent' keeper and worth his 91 atm, I really think anything higher would be overrating him. If he wasn't playing for Barcelona would he even be rated 90?[/quote']

No, thats not what I said is it? I said He deserves a rise to 92, not the whole team, all of the starting 11 is above 92 anyway bar Pique and Valdes

Hes been a starter for Barcelona for years, he has to have some ability or they would have brought someone else by now.... Hes had the 91 rating for years aswell. If winning 6 throphies doesnt get you a rise, then nothing will lol.

I still feel people are judging Valdes on what they see 3-4 years ago. Sure he makes a few mistake, who doest? Ive seem Reina, Cech, even Cassilas make mistakes aswell. Im not saying hes better than them 3, but people cant just say he doesnt deserve a rise by making the odd mistake.

Hes been a starter for Barcelona for years' date=' he has to have some ability or they would have brought someone else by now.... Hes had the 91 rating for years aswell. If winning 6 throphies doesnt get you a rise, then nothing will lol.

I still feel people are judging Valdes on what they see 3-4 years ago. Sure he makes a few mistake, who doest? Ive seem Reina, Cech, even Cassilas make mistakes aswell. Im not saying hes better than them 3, but people cant just say he doesnt deserve a rise by making the odd mistake.[/quote']

Rafael makes a few starts for Man United and he rises by 9 or something. Then Insua rises so its all good :)

No' date=' thats not what I said is it? I said [b']He[/b] deserves a rise to 92, not the whole team, all of the starting 11 is above 92 anyway bar Pique and Valdes

Hes been a starter for Barcelona for years, he has to have some ability or they would have brought someone else by now.... Hes had the 91 rating for years aswell. If winning 6 throphies doesnt get you a rise, then nothing will lol.

I still feel people are judging Valdes on what they see 3-4 years ago. Sure he makes a few mistake, who doest? Ive seem Reina, Cech, even Cassilas make mistakes aswell. Im not saying hes better than them 3, but people cant just say he doesnt deserve a rise by making the odd mistake.

I'm basing on my opinion of what I see of him now. He could rise, I definitely wouldn't rule it out, ifact knowing the SM researchers it's a decent possibilty, I'm just saying imo from what I've seen of him he's not the same standard of Given or Freidal (esp. in his Blackburn days).

Rafael makes a few starts for Man United and he rises by 9 or something. Then Insua rises so its all good :)

Am I missing something? What's that got to do with Valdes :confused:

I'm basing on my opinion of what I see of him now. He could rise' date=' I definitely wouldn't rule it out, ifact knowing the SM researchers it's a decent possibilty, I'm just saying imo from what I've seen of him he's not the same standard of Given or Freidal (esp. in his Blackburn days).

Am I missing something? What's that got to do with Valdes :confused:[/quote']

It was reply to Maom, he said if winning six trophies won't get you a rise, nothing will. Rafael got a rise after a few starts.

Good convo.

Put it this way, BenReado: If Lucas wants a rise EVER, he will have to do with Valdes getting one. I'd have Matt Lucas in my Arsenal squad over him. ;)

I would be unsure about Ronaldo (one of the most consistent players) in any given game because footballers suffer from blights in their copy book and Ronaldo has had some shockers over the years. Valdes plays about 90+% of Barca games and it is a very pressurised role. Ronaldo spoons a few free-kicks, it's not so bad, Valdes misplaces a few passes and he wouldn't make the Blackburn squad.

Valdes had a bad spell when Barca were having a bad spell, around the time where Rijkaard was getting the sack and Capello/Schuster were storming the league. Since then, I haven't seen him play a shocker. He has his faults, as a lot of 92 rated players do, but he deserves his rise because he is consistent, reliable, tough, quick and has a strong character.

BenReado: I am a fan of your posts and I think you always have something good to say, I just wanted to make a little fun out of Lucas.

He has his faults' date=' as a lot of 92 rated players do, but he deserves his rise because he is consistent, reliable, tough, quick and has a strong character.[/quote']

Since they're rated 92, surely they should be making ALOT less mistakes given their such HIGH rating. I know everybody makes mistakes, difference is 93,94 + make them very rarely thus adding to their rating.

Cech admitted to his poor placement and over anticipating shots, he makes so many mistakes and yet he is still a 94 rated keeper, I would hazard a guess that it's because he is at Chelsea.

Like MaoaM said Valdes obviously isn't that bad since he has been at Barcelona for 8 seasons and as far as I can tell they haven't even tried to replace him.

As for Given, he is absolutely useless, I wouldn't even let him play in the MLS, he sent Newcastle to the 2nd Div then bailed on them, moving the City was probably the only thing that saved him from dropping, and even then he is still playing rubbish.

Given left in January... Harper kinda looks like him from afar, with the kit and all.

Since they're rated 92' date=' surely they should be making ALOT less mistakes given their such HIGH rating. I know everybody makes mistakes, difference is 93,94 + make them very rarely thus adding to their rating.[/quote']

I'm referring to Valdes' career. On a match-to-match basis, Valdes doesn't make many mistakes. I wasn't saying he will mis-kick a ball 1 out of 3 times a match. I have tried to figure out whether you are with or against me on my argument.:confused:

You don't need to argue if you don't have any views.:rolleyes:

Good convo.

Put it this way' date=' BenReado: If Lucas wants a rise EVER, he will have to do with Valdes getting one. I'd have Matt Lucas in my Arsenal squad over him. ;)

I would be unsure about Ronaldo (one of the most consistent players) in any given game because footballers suffer from blights in their copy book and Ronaldo has had some shockers over the years. Valdes plays about 90+% of Barca games and it is a very pressurised role. Ronaldo spoons a few free-kicks, it's not so bad, Valdes misplaces a few passes and he wouldn't make the Blackburn squad.

Valdes had a bad spell when Barca were having a bad spell, around the time where Rijkaard was getting the sack and Capello/Schuster were storming the league. Since then, I haven't seen him play a shocker. He has his faults, as a lot of 92 rated players do, but he deserves his rise because he is consistent, reliable, tough, quick and has a strong character.

BenReado: I am a fan of your posts and I think you always have something good to say, I just wanted to make a little fun out of Lucas.[/quote']

There names aren't even pronouced the same. Lucas kinda and Lucas.

Given left in January... Harper kinda looks like him from afar' date=' with the kit and all.

I'm referring to Valdes' career. On a match-to-match basis, Valdes doesn't make many mistakes. I wasn't saying he will mis-kick a ball 1 out of 3 times a match. I have tried to figure out whether you are with or against me on my argument.:confused:

You don't [b']need [/b]to argue if you don't have any views.:rolleyes:

I thought you were referring to Gk's in general. And I'm not a fan of Valdez. Personally I prefer Given but hey, we all have opinions. That's why we love the game.

As for Given' date=' he is absolutely useless, I wouldn't even let him play in the MLS, he sent Newcastle to the 2nd Div then bailed on them, moving the City was probably the only thing that saved him from dropping, and even then he is still playing rubbish.[/quote']

you are actually mad for saying this. have you been sectioned before?

The stats speak for themselves, he let in 50 goals last season and will probably do so again this season. He played in a team that was relegated and then moved to a team with no history, and no chance of winning the league, he obviously isn't a very good keeper, if he had even 1% of the skill people here seem to think he has he would be playing for a good team.

The stats speak for themselves' date=' he let in 50 goals last season and will probably do so again this season. He played in a team that was relegated and then moved to a team with no history, and no chance of winning the league, he obviously isn't a very good keeper, if he had even 1% of the skill people here seem to think he has he would be playing for a good team.[/quote']

Given plays for a team that isn't going to challenge for the league, so this makes him a bad goalkeeper automatically? what about basing your decision on Given's own merits? do you also think that brad friedel is a bad goalkeeper?

conceding 50 goals per season isn't always representative of how good a goalkeeper is. last season real madrid conceded 52 league goals, and who is their goalkeeper?

in this case stats don't speak for themselves, they're just numbers.