Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Just had an mini epiphiny' date=' and wonder whether anybody agrees with me?:

Walcott is like a downgraded version of Bale, not as strong built, can't cross or shoot as well, both can't drible and only have pace..

Oh yeah, Walcot doesn't have a monkey face - yet :P[/quote']

Nope, if anything i rate Walcott slightly better then Bale, but i believe they are roughly on a par.

Some nice players mentioned here. Very surprised no one mentioned Belhanda.

If you ain't seen the man in action, check him out.

But good replies non the less.

... .... ... Did someone mention Heskey?

His name always makes me smile.

Thank you Heskey :)

Some nice players mentioned here. Very surprised no one mentioned Belhanda.

If you ain't seen the man in action' date=' check him out.

But good replies non the less.

... .... ... Did someone mention Heskey?

His name always makes me smile.

Thank you Heskey :)[/quote']

Belhanda is way to overhyped..He has been good for a half of season and in rest he had problems with injuries.Wouldnt do it in PL IMO.

Nope' date=' if anything i rate Walcott slightly better then Bale, but i believe they are roughly on a par.[/quote']

Bold statement there mate. Bale is a class player (over rated) But he is a game changer. Walcott has stats on his side though so it's a fair battle.

However they are on different wings.

Bale has to deal with players like

1.Sagna

2.Richards

3.Rafael/Jones etc..

4.Glen Johnson

Walcott has to deal with players like

1.Ashley Cole

2.Baines

3.Ekotto

4.Evra

5.Clichy

I would say Walcott has the harder wing to beat, But Bale has scored (15 goals) compared to Walcott's (12). However Walcott has a higher average to goal ration of 0.17 compared to Bale's 0.14. So yeah very tricky one here.

However Maybe I am biased towards an Arsenal player?

I will let a neutral decide who is better on this one.

But none the less, good debate.

(All stats are found on http://www.soccerbase.com)

Bold statement there mate. Bale is a class player (over rated) But he is a game changer. Walcott has stats on his side though so it's a fair battle.

However they are on different wings.

Bale has to deal with players like

1.Sagna

2.Richards

3.Rafael/Jones etc..

4.Glen Johnson

Walcott has to deal with players like

1.Ashley Cole

2.Baines

3.Ekotto

4.Evra

5.Clichy

I would say Walcott has the harder wing to beat' date=' But Bale has scored (15 goals) compared to Walcott's (12). However Walcott has a higher average to goal ration of 0.17 compared to Bale's 0.14. So yeah very tricky one here.

However Maybe I am biased towards an Arsenal player?

I will let a neutral decide who is better on this one.

But none the less, good debate.

(All stats are found on [url']http://www.soccerbase.com[/url])

Yh interesting statistics mate but you have to remember that stats cant be wholly relied on to judge a players ability and effectiveness. However, i admit they can be used to analyse a players' performance level to a certain degree. But it is very hard to compare two players from different teams who play in different systems, different amount of games played, champions league/no champions league etc etc.

Belhanda is way to overhyped..He has been good for a half of season and in rest he had problems with injuries.Wouldnt do it in PL IMO.

Where did you get that from mate? He actually improved as the season went on.

Let me show you a break down of what his record is.

From 06 Aug 2011 to 21 Dec 2011 Belhanda scored 5 goals.

After the New years (as you say he under performed) He went on to do the following.

From 31 Jan 2012 to 01 May 2012 Belhanda scored 8 goals.

Won 6 MOM awards. Scored a vital equalizer for his club over PSG. And got in Team Of The Year.

His injury record was fine he never missed more than 3 weeks with an injury.

(http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=53851)

Yh interesting statistics mate but you have to remember that stats cant be wholly relied on to judge a players ability and effectiveness. However' date=' i admit they can be used to analyse a players' performance level to a certain degree. But it is very hard to compare two players from different teams who play in different systems, different amount of games played, champions league/no champions league etc etc.[/quote']

True, the stats I used was not including European football. But yeah stats may not mean everything. But is a huge indication.

True' date=' the stats I used was not including European football. But yeah stats may not mean everything. But is a huge indication.[/quote']

Yeah i agree but its just they don't tell the whole story. One example i always go back to is Arshavin who had seemingly stellar stats throughout the first half of the 2010/11 season, yet his performances were woeful and he almost seemed uninterested at times.

Yeah i agree but its just they don't tell the whole story. One example i always go back to is Arshavin who had seemingly stellar stats throughout the first half of the 2010/11 season' date=' yet his performances were woeful and he almost seemed uninterested at times.[/quote']

I knew that would be mentioned! Good point Sparksy. Case closed, I will lick my wounds now haha :P

I knew that would be mentioned! Good point Sparksy. Case closed' date=' I will lick my wounds now haha :P[/quote']

haha im not trying to prove you wrong mate, (sorry if it sounded like i was) but i was just making the point that in football statistics only mean so much, and the meaning of stats change depending on the individual player as well. ;)

haha im not trying to prove you wrong mate' date=' (sorry if it sounded like i was) but i was just making the point that in football statistics only mean so much, and the meaning of stats change depending on the individual player as well. ;)[/quote']

No please don't be sorry I know you was making a very good point. I knew the moment I mentioned some of the stats that he would be used haha. You ain't rude with your points ever, I respect your views and love when I can have a debate with someone without a poor comment made.

Well played Sparksy :)

No please don't be sorry I know you was making a very good point. I knew the moment I mentioned some of the stats that he would be used haha. You ain't rude with your points ever' date=' I respect your views and love when I can have a debate with someone without a poor comment made.

Well played Sparksy :)[/quote']

Thank you for the compliment, likewise. :)

Have you seen him play for his club? I have not..I guess he's a cut above our youth players and may be on the bench?

Havent seen him play but I doubt he'd make the bench if I am being honest. We'll have four strikers already if RvP stays for one more year and that might see Podolski/Giroud on the bench along which Chamakh and Gervinho/Walcott on the bench.

Havent seen him play but I doubt he'd make the bench if I am being honest. We'll have three strikers already if RvP stays for one more year and that might see Podolski/Giroud on the bench or Gervinho/Walcott on the bench.

True-but then Walcotts injury prone, RVP is also, Podolski/Gerv can be used as wingers -Giroud as CF..but then Chamakh..

True-but then Walcotts injury prone' date=' RVP is also, Podolski/Gerv can be used as wingers -Giroud as CF..but then Chamakh..[/quote']

I think if a couple of them get injured then he'll definitely make the bench, if they are all fit he wont but still I wouldnt mind getting him. Chamakh will probably leave the club anyway. Niang is meant to be a big talent in France and he is only 17 so there's plenty of time. Could definitely be a future striker for us.

Very excited to hear about Niang being with Arsenal. He is highly rated in France and is considered one of the best youth prospects out their.

He is six foot and is very strong, he is very fast as well and what he likes to do is, if he is coming from the wing, he'll have the defender in front of him and then, within a blink of an eye, uses his pace and strength to cut in (maybe gain a bit more space closer to the goal if he can) and shoot a rocket. If we should be excited about a young prospect, Niang is one of them. I think the trial is more of him getting to know the staff and what not before he signs rather than see if he is good enough for Arsenal. He has got everything to succeed in England, height, strength, pace, build. Personally, i believe he can become an elite player, very excited if he signs.

I think if a couple of them get injured then he'll definitely make the bench' date=' if they are all fit he wont but still I wouldnt mind getting him. Chamakh will probably leave the club anyway. Niang is meant to be a big talent in France and he is only 17 so there's plenty of time. Could definitely be a future striker for us.[/quote']

How big a talent? I think we had a 17 year old Anelka tearing up the league. It's a shame Lukaku went to Chelsea, I think he should be playing more regularly.

Very excited to hear about Niang being with Arsenal. He is highly rated in France and is considered one of the best youth prospects out their.

He is six foot and is very strong' date=' he is very fast as well and what he likes to do is, if he is coming from the wing, he'll have the defender in front of him and then, within a blink of an eye, uses his pace and strength to cut in (maybe gain a bit more space closer to the goal if he can) and shoot a rocket. If we should be excited about a young prospect, Niang is one of them. I think the trial is more of him getting to know the staff and what not before he signs rather than see if he is good enough for Arsenal. He has got everything to succeed in England, height, strength, pace, build. Personally, i believe he can become an elite player, very excited if he signs.[/quote']

I remember hearing about Ibrahimovic having a trial at Arsenal as a youngster. He came with an ego and refused to train saying something like "you know what I can do just sign me or I will go elsewhere.

Maybe the trial is a chance to evaluate their character also?

I remember hearing about Ibrahimovic having a trial at Arsenal as a youngster. He came with an ego and refused to train saying something like "you know what I can do just sign me or I will go elsewhere.

Maybe the trial is a chance to evaluate their character also?

0b6d8119919e6f959c71ef689c9e8b8b.jpg

We almost had him :o

Don't know about that. I know he ain't world class but find me a English winger with those kind of stats and then you can judge him.

I don't think there are any better English Winger.. After all, they are overhyped.. I could name you plenty of better wingers if they are not english players.