Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

And the Gunners are emerging as serious contenders for highly-rated Santos forward Paulo Henrique Ganso.

Ganso's representatives have been made aware of the Gunners' interest and are awaiting the North Londoners' next move.

Oh. My. God.

And the Gunners are emerging as serious contenders for highly-rated Santos forward Paulo Henrique Ganso.

Ganso's representatives have been made aware of the Gunners' interest and are awaiting the North Londoners' next move.

Oh. My. God.

A lot of people are say he'll be too slow in the EPL but a lot of players are slow. If we do go for him, I hope he can adapt quickly.

The thing is RvP should consider signing for us, not for trophies but for a secure future. He will hit 30 next season and anything can happen. He could get a long term injury or not have as good of a season here so if that happens he wont get as much interest or good offers. I wouldnt want that to happen though, of course he could have also have a magnificent season again if he stays here for a year but there are risks, thats all I am trying to point out.

The thing is RvP should consider signing for us' date=' not for trophies but for [b']a secure future.[/b] He will hit 30 next season and anything can happen. He could get a long term injury or not have as good of a season here so if that happens he wont get as much interest or good offers. I wouldnt want that to happen though, of course he could have also have a magnificent season again if he stays here for a year but there are risks, thats all I am trying to point out.

That is one of the strangest argument I have heard mate -it's not insurance or investments. A footballers career is short and one bad tackle away from being ended -so if he wants a secure a future go to Man City (greater wages, play less games etc).

Piers Morgan to Van Persie: the choice is simple' date=' you can either become an Arsenal legend or the next Nasri[/quote']

He is a legend in the same way Charlie George is,whether he stays or goes to anyone else. Does Henry's handball top break Irish hearts make him any less of an Arsenal legend?

The thing is RvP should consider signing for us' date=' not for trophies but for a secure future. He will hit 30 next season and anything can happen. He could get a long term injury or not have as good of a season here so if that happens he wont get as much interest or good offers. I wouldnt want that to happen though, of course he could have also have a magnificent season again if he stays here for a year but there are risks, thats all I am trying to point out.[/quote']

I don't see the point in offering him a new contract now. I would wait till we're finished in the transfer market then offer a contract.

Even then Wenger will probably need to shed a few tears like Fergie did to keep Rooney: 'I-just-can't-be-lieve-he-wants-to-go boo hooo hoo hoo' :P

That is one of the strangest argument I have heard mate -it's not insurance or investments. A footballers career is short and one bad tackle away from being ended -so if he wants a secure a future go to Man City (greater wages' date=' play less games etc).

[/quote']

I know it seems strange but what if they dont want him next year? He may not get the same wages next year as we can offer him now if things dont go to plan for him. This is only his first really good season. We dont know if he is leaving this year yet.

I know it seems strange but what if they dont want him next year? He may not get the same wages next year as we can offer him now if things dont go to plan for him. This is only his first really good season. We dont know if he is leaving this year yet.

No we don't know if he's leaving for sure-his intention is to leave.

However, he is class-a 20+ goal striker, how much is that worth in today's world. He himself -and I believe him- has said he's not about money as he has not talked about money/contract as yet. It's about ambition-and if it takes him sitting on the bench while his team wins a trophy so be it.

May I remind people that RVP has only scored 20+ goals a season twice in his career.

Then again he has only played as a striker for one or so years.

Great player but a lot of my respect for him has gone from his statement.

If he stays, I would still like to see him stripped of the captain band. I want a leader at Arsenal, not someone who makes a cheap shot at the club that made you who you are.

Just my opinion though, but I know there are plenty who are nodding their head's when reading this.

May I remind people that RVP has only scored 20+ goals a season twice in his career.

Then again he has only played as a striker for one or so years.

Great player but a lot of my respect for him has gone from his statement.

If he stays' date=' I would still like to see him stripped of the captain band. I want a leader at Arsenal, not someone who makes a cheap shot at the club that made you who you are.

Just my opinion though, but I know there are plenty who are nodding their head's when reading this.[/quote']

Good opinion-also put that into context with the spate of Injuries that Arsenal players seem to suffer that curtails our players season.

I been looking for a comparison of arsenal player injuries when they are with the club and when they are no longer here. but can';t seem to find any.

Well I guess he really should not be following in the footsteps of of wearing the armband like Viera (who was sold), Henry (who left for Barca the following season), Gallas (and his meltdown and departure) and Cesc.

Should be a good start to pre season with the liebherr cup weird way of scoring etc but it's 3 points for a regular time win , 2 points for a penaltys win , 1 point for a loss on penaltys and 0 for a regular time loss should make things interesting!

Looking forward to seeing what sort of side we put out against you guys :P

Good opinion-also put that into context with the spate of Injuries that Arsenal players seem to suffer that curtails our players season.

I been looking for a comparison of arsenal player injuries when they are with the club and when they are no longer here. but can';t seem to find any.

Well I guess he really should not be following in the footsteps of of wearing the armband like Viera (who was sold)' date=' Henry (who left for Barca the following season), Gallas (and his meltdown and departure) and Cesc.[/quote']

Strangely I never felt anger for when Henry left or Cesc, I was glad that Gallas left and as for Viera I think it was the right time to sell.

But for RVP to say just a few months back how he loves Arsenal etc... It hurts more than anything.

I can't slate RVP though because he is a great talent and you did make some great points their Arampage. I just wish if he left the same way how Henry went and left by praising the club and wishing us the best. Not slating our board and ambition.

and so are yours :)

Any one else think Wenger uses the Captaincy as an incentive to keep players rather than those who are best suited?

Sometimes you give up the things you love because your life says otherwise mate.

I think that's a fair point. I think he tries to make them feel tied down as possible.

I think that's why these players heads get so big as well though.

For me I would pick the best mentally strong and most liked character in the dressing room.

But that is just me.